Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-30-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Everything is going according to my master plan... :twisted: Mwuahahaha....
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...C1AC76AFB25155
Yeah, i thought that. Only way he goes to dallas is to be HC. I wasnt sure, but that article confirmed it.

Id rather singletary be hired as the cowboys HC, seeing as he will be a HC sooner rather than later. I doubt norv gets another HC spot besides dallas.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
My Dream off-season would be:

FA: Sign Kris Dielman, OG, San Diego- Would sure up our LG position, is a pro-bowl quality guard, and could put Kosier as a solid backup, were he should be.

Draft: Round 1: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: I absolute olve this kid, and after his dominance in the Senior Bowl I think he is just as good as Joe Thomas, if not better. He is a Mauler, but is a great pass blocker as well. Also has solid quickness for his size. Would be our left tackle of the future, and could sit and learn behind Flo for a year or two.

Round 2: Brandon Meriweather, FS/CB, Miami (FL): The best cover safety in the draft, some think he can play corner, so that pretty much assures his coverage skills. Is alittle lite but he can still lay the lumber. He is a top 15 talent but cause of some off-field issues he will drop. He will be one of the biggest steals of all time, mark my words.

OR

DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State: He is a big, strong, dominant DT, although he inconsistant at times, but I still like him. I think he can be a great 3-4 NT. Can also sit under Ferg for a year or 2 and spell him right away.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech: He may go before this, but I think it is possible he will be avaliable here. But anyway, this kid is a serious Mauler. He has the school record for bench press at 550 pounds. He will need alittle time to get used to a normal system and putting his hand on the ground because he was in Texas Tech's crazy offense, but that won't be a problem, he was fine in the senior Bowl. Ramirez, Dielman, and Brown, plus Culombo and Gurode would make this offensive line dominant, plus with our skill players, JUST IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE!!!!!!

So basically I want a dominat O-Line, a future dominant NT wouldn't hurt, or a good cover FS. We have the skill players, on both sides of the ball, now all we need is better line play. I think we have the pieces on defense, exept a future NT, but we need o-lineman.

What do you guys think?

Of and by the way what is up BBD? haven't talked to you in forever. I hear you like my boy Newman.
Whassup, long time. I missed your contributions, and always wanted to give you props for calling out how good TNew would be.

I really like that battle plan alot. Thats a very good battle plan. Me and you must think alike, because alot of guys Id love the Giants to nab, you pencilled in for the Cowboys too. I love Ramirez alot, I like Dielman alot, I like Merriweather alot, Im beginning to be intrigued by Brown, Tyler would work well at 3-4 NT, thats a great offseason if that happens for the Cowboys. Don't tell Jerry!

And yes, I do like Newman alot. I have seen the light. Top 3 CB in the league imo. You called it, mad props.
Yea I went to the Giants team thread and saw you wanted Ramirez. Please don't take him, I love that kid. Thanks on the Newman thing, I knew he would be nasty. Hopefully another person drops out of the pro-bowl so Newman gets in, although he should already be the #1 guy, being the 2nd alternate is a joke.

Oh yea and did you guys know that Mike Singletary is only 5'9 1/2''!!!!!!

DANG!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Well D-Unit it looks like hope is still alive and kicking:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...8FB27A01A852DD
Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.
Mike Nolan will not alow Singletary to go to the Cowboys to become their DC.
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade
Quote:
Hrmm...well Mike Nolan has no control over whether or not Singletary goes to the boys. As far as I know he isn't the owner or GM of the niners. And, he apparently doesn't want Mike to be his DC. So assuming the niners ownership allowed him to interview for the DC job, it could happen.

Having said all that it appears from the post interview interview that Mike did not come here to interview for the DC job, and is only interested in the HC position. When asked if he could foresee possibly leaving the 49ers for different title in Dallas than head coach, Singletary said "I would say right now, just as a head coach." But....why did he do a 8+ hour interview? Perhaps it was for naught and Norv will be named coach tomorrow...and perhaps not. At least let us Cowboys fans dream that Jerry would do something great like hire Singletary for some position.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hrmm...well Mike Nolan has no control over whether or not Singletary goes to the boys. As far as I know he isn't the owner or GM of the niners. And, he apparently doesn't want Mike to be his DC. So assuming the niners ownership allowed him to interview for the DC job, it could happen.

Having said all that it appears from the post interview interview that Mike did not come here to interview for the DC job, and is only interested in the HC position. When asked if he could foresee possibly leaving the 49ers for different title in Dallas than head coach, Singletary said "I would say right now, just as a head coach." But....why did he do a 8+ hour interview? Perhaps it was for naught and Norv will be named coach tomorrow...and perhaps not. At least let us Cowboys fans dream that Jerry would do something great like hire Singletary for some position.
The fact that it was 8+ hours makes me think that he'll be named HC sometime soon. I don't think JJ would talk to him for 8 hours unless he wants him to be HC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

BTW, it's spelled nought.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The fact that it was 8+ hours makes me think that he'll be named HC sometime soon. I don't think JJ would talk to him for 8 hours unless he wants him to be HC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Actually naught is correct, although it can also be spelled nought which is the less used Old English spelling. but hey I can definately use someone to spell check my posts, cause my spelling sucks, and I got lucky with this one.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually the 49ers have complete control over the situation, since a move to DC is technically a lateral move and Singletary would have to get out of his current contract to come to Dallas...if Singletary were named head coach, however, he would be free to terminate that contract.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually naught is correct, although it can also be spelled nought which is the less used Old English spelling. but hey I can definately use someone to spell check my posts, cause my spelling sucks, and I got lucky with this one.
Oh, then sorry. I've been reading some Shakespeare lately. Old English. My bad.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check the Cards out now, Richie Anderson and Mo Carthon... nice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Don't forget Todd Haley. That's the reason why I thought Wisenhunt was going to be our next head coach. The connections were already built up. Wisenhunt was the special teams coach when Palmer was the head coach in Cleveland. Sparano, Bowles and Haley were all there at the same time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 AM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually the 49ers have complete control over the situation, since a move to DC is technically a lateral move and Singletary would have to get out of his current contract to come to Dallas...if Singletary were named head coach, however, he would be free to terminate that contract.
Isn't that what I just said?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pet peeve, but it's not "Old English". It's Victorian/Early Modern English.

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,

monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra

ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning!
ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
geong in geardum, þone god sende
folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat

þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
Beowulf wæs breme (blæd wide sprang),
Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.

Swa sceal geong guma gode gewyrcean,
fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme,
þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal

in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.
Him ða Scyld gewat to gescæphwile
felahror feran on frean wære.

THAT's Old English.

Carry on, Cowboys fans. And good luck on yer coaching hunt.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

If you say so, i'm just happy I spelled it right.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, if you're against Michael Griffin in the first, assuming that both Landry and Nelson are gone when we pick, do you think that we have to go after Weddle or Merriweather in the second?
And if Alama Francis fall to us in the third, do you think we should grab him?
I really believe that our pass rushing problems are in the d-line, and we don't need another rush-backer..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Don't forget Todd Haley. That's the reason why I thought Wisenhunt was going to be our next head coach. The connections were already built up. Wisenhunt was the special teams coach when Palmer was the head coach in Cleveland. Sparano, Bowles and Haley were all there at the same time.
If BP would've made his decision sooner we could've had him.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pet peeve, but it's not "Old English". It's Victorian/Early Modern English.

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,

monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra

ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning!
ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
geong in geardum, þone god sende
folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat

þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
Beowulf wæs breme (blæd wide sprang),
Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.

Swa sceal geong guma gode gewyrcean,
fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme,
þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal

in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.
Him ða Scyld gewat to gescæphwile
felahror feran on frean wære.

THAT's Old English.

Carry on, Cowboys fans. And good luck on yer coaching hunt.
Now that's impressive :D

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha you know what... I did forget Haley. I like what there doing in Arizona though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
So, if you're against Michael Griffin in the first, assuming that both Landry and Nelson are gone when we pick, do you think that we have to go after Weddle or Merriweather in the second?
I really believe that our pass rushing problems are in the d-line, and we don't need another rush-backer..
If we don't touch S in the first round and meriweather is gone by the second round...I don't think you see us address it at all. Sabby is a thought..but not first day value for us...and likely won't be available on the second.

Alama Francis will be picked in the first two rounds at this point...so hoping for him in the third isn't something we should plan on doing. I was really underwhelmed what he did at Hawaii in the same scheme anyways. Hatcher is gonna be our pressure player on the DL I truly believe.

If your so keen on a safety first round...with the top two guys off the board...Henry would likely be the better move although doesn't make much sense cap wise. With top tier CB likely on the board it would give up better value.

My draft theory...skill positions early.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
If we don't touch S in the first round and meriweather is gone by the second round...I don't think you see us address it at all. Sabby is a thought..but not first day value for us...and likely won't be available on the second.

Alama Francis will be picked in the first two rounds at this point...so hoping for him in the third isn't something we should plan on doing. I was really underwhelmed what he did at Hawaii in the same scheme anyways. Hatcher is gonna be our pressure player on the DL I truly believe.

If your so keen on a safety first round...with the top two guys off the board...Henry would likely be the better move although doesn't make much sense cap wise. With top tier CB likely on the board it would give up better value.

THEN YOUR BILL PARCELLS!!!!

We a;ready have the skill positions thule, now we 2 OG's, a future LT, and a futute
nt.

that is why Dielman in FA, Levi Brown in the 1st, Tank Tyler in the 2nd, and Ramirez in the 3rd, would be a dream and a godsend, and it is very possible!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We a;ready have the skill positions thule, now we 2 OG's, a future LT, and a futute
nt.

that is why Dielman in FA, Levi Brown in the 1st, Tank Tyler in the 2nd, and Ramirez in the 3rd, would be a dream and a godsend, and it is very possible!!!!!
I like your third round pick. but Tank Tyler does not have a good senior Bowl, maybe try this at 4th rd. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...reembrown.html.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nt.

I have no problems being referred to as Parcells I'll take that as a compliment.

I find it funny how you say we have skill positions...when you want to draft a future LT and a future NT. We also need a future #1 depending on how you view Austin. I really want a quick burner sometime in this draft...we don't have speed outside of Glenn that I have seen out on the field. Glenn isn't getting any younger a future CB is a need. I'm also surprised for you to see no faith in McQwisten or Proctor...I would take both of them over the second tier guys in this draft.

Tank will not fall out of the top 50...he is the only NT in this draft. I however don't like his fit in our defense. If we bring in a NT...I want a guy who can dominate. Tank can do it on a 4 man line...but doesn't get the needed push when asked to go against a double team. I mean...hardly ever does he get pushed back...but we have that in Furgie..if we bring in a guy idc if he is raw...i want a guy with potential.

I wouldn't be opposed to Brown in the first...I wouldn't be a fan being that we used a first round pick on a 2-3 year backup...but he does have good future value.

I've been on the bandwagon to sign a OG a long time ago. I don't care if its Dielman/Steinbeck/any of the other 25-29 year old guys with experience...we need a leader on the ol.

Ramirez to the third is possible at this point.

If I were to mock us at this point it would be something like this

First Round in this order
1)Ted Ginn
2)Top CB Hall/Revis/Houston
3)Levi Brown

Second Round
1)Brandon Meriweather
2)Lamarr Woodley
3)Justin Blalock
4)Marcus McCauley
5)Quentin Moses
6)Craig Davis

Third Round
1)Ramirez
2)Josh Wilson

Second Day Targets
Brandon Myles
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Jonathan Wade
Antonio Johnson
Ramonce Taylor
Ryan Moore
Marcus Hamilton
Walter Thomas
Mike Otto
Quentin Echols

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nt.

I like your third round pick. but Tank Tyler does not have a good senior Bowl, maybe try this at 4th rd. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...reembrown.html.
Kareem Brown has been a constant underachiever. This is one thing I think that is hard to change in lineman. Lineman almost need the best work ether other then the qb...they can't ever take a play off.

I'd much rather have Walter Thomas or Quentin Echols after the fifth round anyways...both of those guys show potential and have a pressure factor...biggest knocks on both of them is stamina which can be worked on.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want Griffin because I don't think his coverage skills are good enough for what we need opposite of Roy. If we really want to fix the solution there, we need a true ballhawk. Griffin is not that.

Never have been a fan of Weddle or Merriweather. ...but in the second round, we've wasted that pick many times before, so what the heck, if it happens, it happens... I'll roll with it. Every fan from other teams think they can grab Merriweather in the second... It's funny how his hype skyrocketed after the Senior Bowl. I don't think either are elite cover men and I don't want either on the team.

I'd be more in favor of moving Henry to FS and drafting or signing another corner... or depending on who is available in FA or after cuts... signing a veteran FS.

That said, the guy I want to draft is DeMarcus Tyler and I don't plan on swaying that support.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote