Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-04-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwareroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
[

Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.
How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.
He didnt say it would. He was saying Burnett would benifit fom it. Anyway i would hate the move, D-Ware is better suited for a 3-4 defense and i dont want us to lose another LB out there. We have some great 3-4 personel, they just need a real 3-4 coordinator and I'm not so sure we're going to get one.

Here's hoping for a Phillips or a Rivera HC and Singeltary DC hiring. As for Rivera he seems to believe the Cowboys want him as a HC, not a d coord. and I hope he is right. I dont see him leaving Chicago to take the same position under coach Norv Turner. Especially when he's already coaching a top ranked defense.
Yes he would, he will win the super-bowl, and his contract is up. Plus we have more talent. Everyone is salavating over our defense, we just need the right coach.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.
How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.
He didnt say it would. He was saying Burnett would benifit fom it. Anyway i would hate the move, D-Ware is better suited for a 3-4 defense and i dont want us to lose another LB out there. We have some great 3-4 personel, they just need a real 3-4 coordinator and I'm not so sure we're going to get one.

Here's hoping for a Phillips or a Rivera HC and Singeltary DC hiring. As for Rivera he seems to believe the Cowboys want him as a HC, not a d coord. and I hope he is right. I dont see him leaving Chicago to take the same position under coach Norv Turner. Especially when he's already coaching a top ranked defense.
Yes he would, he will win the super-bowl, and his contract is up. Plus we have more talent. Everyone is salavating over our defense, we just need the right coach.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to the bears. Talent? I'm not so sure about that one at this point. I thought I heard him say a while back... "the only way I leave Chicago is for a HC position." i could be wrong but, I could've sworn i heard that somewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very opposed to a move to the 4-3 but, if we did I would be comfortable with Spears moving inside. I remember two years ago, Monte Kiffin comparing Spears to that of Booger Mcfarland. This of course when Anthony was still being considered among the best DTs in the game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
[

Ware? I don't think so. He's a much better fit for the 3-4.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Quote:
[

agreed, what is he 260 lbs?
Old 02-04-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jason taylor...6'6 255 defensive m.v.p. wares not too small.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.
I wouldn't say "Waaaaay" to small. But he is undersized. But guys like Javon Kearse and Jason Taylor play lighter then that and still make in impace. And yes I believe Demarcus has a great as ability as they do. We can keep Marcus as our Base DE on first two downs, and bring in Coleman or another passrushing End in on obvious passing plays. Fergie's game should be that hindered, seeing he played in a 4-3 before and did it adequately. And please tell me how Burnett game will be "hindered" seeing he has the ability and speed to play in the 4-3, he played it in Tennessee pretty well.

Alrite my 4-3 if we do switch:

DE: Marcus Spears
NT: Jason Fergeson
DT: Jay Ratliff (Has the beefiness and quickness)
DE: Demarcus Ware

OLB: Bobby Carp
MLB: Bradie James (A little wooried about his speed here now)
OLB: Kevin Burnett

Which leaves out guys like Adoyle, Hatcher and Canty? Guys I really like. I don't know, anymore Ideas?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.
I wouldn't say "Waaaaay" to small. But he is undersized. But guys like Javon Kearse and Jason Taylor play lighter then that and still make in impace. And yes I believe Demarcus has a great as ability as they do. We can keep Marcus as our Base DE on first two downs, and bring in Coleman or another passrushing End in on obvious passing plays. Fergie's game should be that hindered, seeing he played in a 4-3 before and did it adequately. And please tell me how Burnett game will be "hindered" seeing he has the ability and speed to play in the 4-3, he played it in Tennessee pretty well.

Which leaves out guys like Adoyle, Hatcher and Canty? Guys I really like. I don't know, anymore Ideas?
Yeah, Bradie wouldn't survive in the middle. Not enough speed.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

Marcus Spears isn't good enough at rushing the passer to be a DE in the 4-3 IMO. I'd put Hatcher there. Move Spears to NT, and Ferg can backup. He's getting old, anyway. Ware would need to beef up. James would need to be replaced, and I don't think Fowler is the guy to do that, so MLB becomes a need. Add that to FS, CB, WR, OG, and we've got a slew of problems. I just don't think it's a good idea.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Adoyle play inside or outside when he was with Jacksonville? I would probably put him as the starting MLB over James, or even outside over Burnett. If the Cowboys make a switch to the Tampa 2 they are going to need to drastically improve the speed in their back 7 (but really they need to do that no matter what formation they run).

And I still say Ware could be a great Tampa 2 DE. Jason Taylor is actually a real nice example. It's easy to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Did Adoyle play inside or outside when he was with Jacksonville? I would probably put him as the starting MLB over James, or even outside over Burnett. If the Cowboys make a switch to the Tampa 2 they are going to need to drastically improve the speed in their back 7 (but really they need to do that no matter what formation they run).

And I still say Ware could be a great Tampa 2 DE. Jason Taylor is actually a real nice example. It's easy to put on 10-15 lbs of muscle.
Ayodele played OLB, but his biggest problem was his lack of speed, especially in coverage.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

Marcus Spears isn't good enough at rushing the passer to be a DE in the 4-3 IMO. I'd put Hatcher there. Move Spears to NT, and Ferg can backup. He's getting old, anyway. Ware would need to beef up. James would need to be replaced, and I don't think Fowler is the guy to do that, so MLB becomes a need. Add that to FS, CB, WR, OG, and we've got a slew of problems. I just don't think it's a good idea.
I just explained that we use Marcus a base DE on the first couple downs, because he is a stud in the run game. Use him in the same way ravens use Tevor Pryce and in a way the packers use Aaron Kampman. Then plug in Hatcher or whoever else on obvious passing downs. And Spears is not a NT, if anything he has a UT game.

Agian, I am not for moving to the 4-3. But if we do, it will not be impossible, we do have talented players.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

so, wait who would play the other DT position? 4-3.... 4 DLs, 3 LBs. Anyway that wouldn't be ideal, in the 4-3 you want your NT to be massive, like 325+ and then you will have a smaller DT, like a three technique type guy. We need to stick to the 3-4, switching now would be too much of a hassle/project.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

What about Burnett as MLB and Ayodele outside? I think Marcus Spears would play DT in a 4-3, with Canty and Hatcher rotating as ends..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

What about Burnett as MLB and Ayodele outside? I think Marcus Spears would play DT in a 4-3, with Canty and Hatcher rotating as ends..
Why would you want 260 pound Ayodele outside and 230 pound Burnett pounding the middle?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[

257. Waaaaay too small.

so, wait who would play the other DT position? 4-3.... 4 DLs, 3 LBs. Anyway that wouldn't be ideal, in the 4-3 you want your NT to be massive, like 325+ and then you will have a smaller DT, like a three technique type guy. We need to stick to the 3-4, switching now would be too much of a hassle/project.
Sorry, I'm wasn't really thinking. The point is, I don't want to move back because, frankly, the 3-4 is better IMO. We're too close right now to try something else.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Why would you want 260 pound Ayodele outside and 230 pound Burnett pounding the middle?
Isn't Burnett actually 240? I think he has the sideline to sideline speed that Ayodele or James miss..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just wish burnett could bulk up and be our Shaun Phillips. We have our Merriman, we just need our Phillips. Oh yeah and Wade Phillips coaching. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

could ware fit in at 4-3 OLB?

just a thought. :?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
could ware fit in at 4-3 OLB?

just a thought. :?
Why would we take Ware away from what he does best?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
[

learntoread.com?

Just kidding man...but you must have misread. I was just stating who JJ was talking about when he said he could name a couple of people the 4-3 would benefit. Furgy Hatcher Burnett would obviously be the people who would benefit.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just wish burnett could bulk up and be our Shaun Phillips. We have our Merriman, we just need our Phillips. Oh yeah and Wade Phillips coaching. :D
coughCarpcough

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
coughCarpcough
agreed.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
littlewebs
Rookie

Location: The Pacific Northwest - Where great athletes go to be overshadowed by lesser east coast athletes
littlewebs hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Has everyone forgotten that Greg Ellis is still on the team??? If we switch to the 4-3, Ellis is starting at Left Defensive End. It's the surest lock of all the front 7 positions if we switch. No question.