Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Clayton is saying Leonard Davis wil sign with the Cowboys.

Yessssss
Is that a sarcastic yess?

I'm not going make judgement, seeing I have not watched many...or any cardinals games. But if it's true, how did he play this year? He seems to big for my taste.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Yessssss
he also said he will sign with the 49ers
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yessssss
He also said San Francisco would target him :shock:
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Were did you see this???

link????
Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Were did you see this???

link????
KFFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

it said cowboys are going to sign Leonard Davis?

your positive?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
it said cowboys are going to sign Leonard Davis?

your positive?

Cowboys | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:59:20 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the Dallas Cowboys. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

:roll:

49ers | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:02:00 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the San Francisco 49ers. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

LOL.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
:roll:

49ers | Team in the running for L. Davis?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:02:00 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals expect to lose OT Leonard Davis to the San Francisco 49ers. Davis is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
He really has inside knowledge :?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

KFFL also reported that we were expected to go after Dielman...don't take anything too seriously yet guys. We've still got a month to go before the start of free agency.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
KFFL also reported that we were expected to go after Dielman...don't take anything too seriously yet guys. We've still got a month to go before the start of free agency.
Exactly, but I hope we get Dielman so bad.

Come on Jerry, dish out that cash.

We better resign Columbo and Gurode, too.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Were did you see this???

link????
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2758756
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We better resign Columbo and Gurode, too.
OK, we get it. You've said this at least 5 times.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just a thought. I dunno if anyone has mentioned this.

But at certain points of the Pro Bowl, I'm sure the NFC had an offensive line with Gurode at Center, Larry A. at Left Guard, and Flozell at Left Tackle. Combine this with Witten at TE, and Romo behind Witten, and you've got pretty familiar, cohesive offense. And with Sean Payton coaching, it felt like a big reunion party.

Or something. I'm drunk, so excuse me if this sounds flippant.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell played RG at the Pro Bowl.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont think anyone knows for sure where Leonard Davis will go, but Im hearing SF and DAL are the two leading candidates and he would make a lot of sense for both teams and both teams have cap room. And its a foregone conclusion that ARI wont resign him.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I know we are already discussing a new contract with Gurode, any news on Columbo?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

But at certain points of the Pro Bowl, I'm sure the NFC had an offensive line with Gurode at Center, Larry A. at Left Guard, and Flozell at Left Tackle. Combine this with Witten at TE, and Romo behind Witten, and you've got pretty familiar, cohesive offense. And with Sean Payton coaching, it felt like a big reunion party.

Yeah, explains all those sacks and pressure the AFC got. Also see Romo playing clueless. The O was horrid for the NFC.

Did you also see Biscuit taking bad angles on cross routes and biting on the first stop-n-go pattern to Ocho Cinco's TD. Funny.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Listen, whomever Wade hires as DC, QB Coach or whatever you have to assume he's putting together the best staff he can in order to win. No coach is going to sacrifice his ability to be successfull in order to put coaches in place just to apease anyone.

Bowles has been mentioned as DC for some time now and has been impressing the coaching staff even before BP left.

As for Wade's son as the QB coach. Well let me ask you this. If your Grandfather was a HC in the NFL for years and your Father was a HC years do you think that you'd know a helluva lot about football?

Everyone on here thinks they know about football. Do you think you'd know more if your whole family tree consisted of 50+ years of actual Pro Coaching experience?

Yeah, I thought so too. I'll take the son of a coach with that pedigree anytime. Is he young? Sure, does that make him any less likely to know what he's doing? No.

As for FA signings. Don't be surprised if very few big name or even mediocre named players switch teams this year. Most teams have several million dollars in cap money available so if a player leaves their team it's for probably 1 of 2 reasons. Either he's a) going to be overpaid vastly or b) the team he's leaving doesn't really think he's as good as his backup....either of which is bad.

IF anyone spends Hutchinson money on any guard they are a fool. I don't care if it's Bruce Matthews, paying that much money for a player at G is a TERRIBLE investment. Guard is one of the positions in the NFL where the difference between a great player and a good player is very small as compared to other positions. Positions of reduced marginal effect like that are the ones you especially DO NOT pay big money for.

Rivera's contract bordered on too expensive for a G. If we pay that money again, we're down right silly.

Kosier played well for the Cowboys, came at a reasonable price, has the versatility to play other positions, and is young. That's exactly the type of FA at the G position we need to sign if we sign anyone.
I actually think that OG is an underrrated and underappreciated position on offense. They are vital to paving the way for the interior run game. They are also important in goalline situations. While Hutch was overpaid, he dramatically effected the run game for the Vikings, and his loss dramatically effected Seattle's run game in the opposite way, and it also effected Walter Jones as well.

FA is tough with OGs. You make a very valid argument that its not worth resigning OGs because of the cap casualty, but it is vital to an offense to have good OGs if they want to be dominant. I think the best way to approach this is to consistantly draft young dominant OG talent in the draft, and when the rookie contracts expire, let them go and sub in your replacement that you have in house from the draft.

But then again, you look at guys like Willie Shields, and how he has been vital to offenses for years, and you rethink that strategy. OGs can last a long time. You get a good one, and youre set for a long time at that position. They don't age as quickly as skill position players. So maybe they are worth the investment, who knows. And as always, I always think trench players are more valuable than skill position players. I think skill position players are overrated.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone here think Darren Woodson could make the HOF, or is it just me. Although his career was cut short by injury. What do y'all think?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

Yeah, explains all those sacks and pressure the AFC got. Also see Romo playing clueless. The O was horrid for the NFC.
Did you also see Biscuit taking bad angles on cross routes and biting on the first stop-n-go pattern to Ocho Cinco's TD. Funny.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: different one lower down
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
FAs: Gurode, Coloumbo, Steinbach

Draft:
RD1: Aaron Ross
RD2: Josh Beekman
RD3: Mason Crosby
RD4: Craig Davis
RD5: Mario Henderson
ill put the rest later...
I meant to say 3 FAs other than our own.