Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-23-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Ramirez is still gonna be stronger than Blaylock. The NFL isn't a bench press competition, its a game played on grass. What the bench press doesn't take into account is player weights. While Blaylock may lift as much, that doesn't mean that he's just as strong in the trenches as Ramirez. Ramirez's extra weight will make it alot tougher for DTs and LBs to break off of his blocks. His extra weight will also wear down opposing defenses quicker.

While they bench the same weight, Ramirez will play "stronger".

We've seen this before with Ware and Merriman. Ware lifted more, but Merriman plays stronger. Thats because Merriman weighs more. Momentum is big in football. And thats mass X velocity. Player weights are very important, and the bench is an inexact science.
Blalock is way more athletic and technical. Main question to ask is... who has the better football smarts? I'd easily give it to Blalock who is a scholar athlete.
What scares me about Blaylock is how he got his butt kicked in the Senior Bowl. Ramirez played 10X better, and was the only OG in the whole bowl week to take on and give Okeye the business.

Blaylock is faster yes, and maybe uses better technique, but Ramirez is a monster. A Larry Allen type, whereas Blaylock is a Snee type. I like my OGs big and nasty, so Id go with Ramirez. Especially since he can be had in a later round.

And football smarts...honestly, who cares, theyre Guards. Give me the ogre who picks up DTs and throws them.
I think after QB, OL need to be the most intelligent players on the field.

Also, Blalock told the media that he was injured during the SB and only now is starting to feel better.

I don't know what reports your reading, but from all accounts I've run into Ramirez had a terrible SB.
No, Ive read reports that Ramirez kicked butt in the Senior Bowl. He was the only OG not to get manhandled by Okeye during practice, and wasn't pushed back once during the game.

Im a fan of Blaylock, and Id like him too. But I just like Ramirez a little better. And he's more value at a later round. Blaylock could be a round 1 guy. Thats a heavy investment in an OG.
I can agree with that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I agree with BBD, Ramirez is a beast. A Larry Allen clone. I would take either Blalock or Ramirez, but I would take Ramirez in the late 2nd/early 3rd than Blalock in the 1st. Both would be fine though, cause all we need is a good O-line and this team is easily in the NFC Title game.

If we get a better pass rush, which is an automatic with Wade, and our O-line plays solid, which it should with atleast one day 1 pick and probably one of the big 3 guards signed, this team will be a huge disappointment if we aren't in the NFC Title game atleast.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just having an interesting arguement.

If you could trade hypothetically
Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
Of course not. No explanation needed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
Of course not. No explanation needed.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
Not a fan of spears?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
I agree with BBD, Ramirez is a beast. A Larry Allen clone. I would take either Blalock or Ramirez, but I would take Ramirez in the late 2nd/early 3rd than Blalock in the 1st. Both would be fine though, cause all we need is a good O-line and this team is easily in the NFC Title game.

If we get a better pass rush, which is an automatic with Wade, and our O-line plays solid, which it should with atleast one day 1 pick and probably one of the big 3 guards signed, this team will be a huge disappointment if we aren't in the NFC Title game atleast.
If we sign a G in FA, we don't need to draft a G on Day 1. You act as if our offense was the reason why we didn't win more.

Our Defense is porous and that's the bottom line.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
I would do it for Ed Reed.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

any chance we have enough money to get pacman if he is let go?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It isn't a question of money, because they want to trade him, I think.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Plus, he'll be in jail in short order anyway.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TNewFan, you seem to hate Kosier.. take a look at this

http://theboysblog.com/2007/02/23/wh...s-kyle-kosier/

I'm fine with Kosier.. We need a RG whose strenght is on run blocking and our line will be very good

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

The police have released a statement saying he isnt a person of interest. I dont know its just a thought, i personally dont mind his off field problems, i would rather have the occasional club fight over the T.O. circus that the media creates, especially if its all wrong place wrong time stuff where he actually hasnt committed a crime. The dude is just loyal and probably kept all of his sh*t bag friends around from highschool and college and they get him in trouble. I just think they may be willing to take henry and/or a 2 or 3 round pick for pacman which would be fine with me. Im not sure what exactly his trade value would be, but you are getting a young guy who has already proven himself in the league, We get an excellent PR and Corner right there and we can focus on FS as the main weakness of the D, as well as adding CB depth.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
The police have released a statement saying he isnt a person of interest. I dont know its just a thought, i personally dont mind his off field problems, i would rather have the occasional club fight over the T.O. circus that the media creates, especially if its all wrong place wrong time stuff where he actually hasnt committed a crime. The dude is just loyal and probably kept all of his sh*t bag friends around from highschool and college and they get him in trouble. I just think they may be willing to take henry and/or a 2 or 3 round pick for pacman which would be fine with me. Im not sure what exactly his trade value would be, but you are getting a young guy who has already proven himself in the league, We get an excellent PR and Corner right there and we can focus on FS as the main weakness of the D, as well as adding CB depth.
Do you think this is acutally a possibility or just a long shot speculation? I would love pacman for henry and a 3rd.

And D-Unit I guess your right, I just want a dominant o-line. And Madono, doesn't Dielman play LG, were does that leave Kosiar? DO we move him to RG?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
Nope. Not for Thomas.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

LOL, I just read Micks Mail, and someone asked if there is any chance TROY SMITH or CHRIS LEAK will FALL to us at 22.

LMAO these people are stupid.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
I would do it for Calvin Johnson! :D
Old 02-24-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

[quote="mtmock"]
Quote:

Crayton
Spears
MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?[/quote

I would do it for Calvin Johnson! :D
He weighed in at 239lbs at the combine. 239!! Amazing. If he runs under a 4.4 like he did a few weeks ago, I'll pass out.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
It isn't a question of money, because they want to trade him, I think.
PFT claims they're shopping him for as low as a third rounder.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
LOL, I just read Micks Mail, and someone asked if there is any chance TROY SMITH or CHRIS LEAK will FALL to us at 22.

Yeah I read that too...no wonder the rest of the world thinks Cowboys fans are stupid. Have you ever looked at some of the Cowboys groups on facebooks? Total homers.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:

Yeah I read that too...no wonder the rest of the world thinks Cowboys fans are stupid. Have you ever looked at some of the Cowboys groups on facebooks? Total homers.
LOL, I know. I mean some people can be stupid, but Leak or Smith falling to 22? LMAO Smith will be lucky to go on day 1, and leak will be lucky to get drafted. Plus we already have a Qb. :roll:

Oh and Levi Brown ran a horrible 40 at 5.39, you guys think he would slip to us?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I know. I mean some people can be stupid, but Leak or Smith falling to 22? LMAO Smith will be lucky to go on day 1, and leak will be lucky to get drafted. Plus we already have a Qb. :roll:

Oh and Levi Brown ran a horrible 40 at 5.39, you guys think he would slip to us?
Teams still need left tackles and he's still got his pro day.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Teams still need left tackles and he's still got his pro day.
I think position drills matter more than the 40 for offensive linemen.

Albert Camus
Old 02-24-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Pacman Jones on the trading block for a 3rd round pick.

Come on Jerry get on that phone.

We would have the best CB duo in NFL History.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Pacman Jones on the trading block for a 3rd round pick.

Come on Jerry get on that phone.

We would have the best CB duo in NFL History.
I believe that would be beautiful.