Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hatcher hasn't proved or done anything and the only reports I hear on him are negative. Excuse me if I'm not ready to declare him better than Shaun Ellis or Kimo VO. There's a lot of proving this season for our DEs. There is potential, but potential doesn't do anything if it isn't realized.
Until he got hurt, Hatcher was having a great camp, and was the best pass rusher not named Ware. I don't know why you said that you hear only negative things about him...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hatcher hasn't proved or done anything and the only reports I hear on him are negative. Excuse me if I'm not ready to declare him better than Shaun Ellis or Kimo VO. There's a lot of proving this season for our DEs. There is potential, but potential doesn't do anything if it isn't realized.
Before he get hurt, I believe he (add 15 lbs) is one of the player that have best TC this year along with Sam Hurd. I am not saying he is better than anyone outside Cowboys camp, but he is better than Spear.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Until he got hurt, Hatcher was having a great camp, and was the best pass rusher not named Ware. I don't know why you said that you hear only negative things about him...
What kind of injury did he sustain? A big injury can KILL any potential a player used to have.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

torn hamstring. supposed to start practicing next week.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What kind of injury did he sustain? A big injury can KILL any potential a player used to have.
Just a hamstring. I don't think it's anything to be worried about.

http://www.kffl.com/player/13926/nfl
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. Well, I'm pulling for him.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure it was a pulled hamstring not a torn...huge difference. He was having a great practice and actually pulled it at the beginning of a practice saying that it was because he wasn't warmed up enough before running sprints...said his body needed a little bit longer to warm up before sprinting...that lead to Jerry getting into it a bit with Wade. But all was good the next day. Hatcher and Ratliff are our two best rushers outside of Ware.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, there really is no difference in a tear, striain or a pull. All are tears within the muscle fibers. It's just a matter of degree.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Actually, there really is no difference in a tear, striain or a pull. All are tears within the muscle fibers. It's just a matter of degree.
Yeah, and hamstring injuries can linger for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers all season.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

And that would be a shame because everything I read was that he was tearing it up.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Cowboys SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck!!!
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Cowboys SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck, but not quite as hard as my mother does when she catches me wearing her underwear while slappin skin in the bathroom!!!
Thanks for the input. A tad too much info, but your contribution is greatly appreciated regardless.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, and hamstring injuries can linger for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers all season.
Phillips doctors seem to be on the conservative side....if his goal is to be back by the 3rd preseason game....I'm thinking regular season he should be at 100% no problem.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Phillips doctors seem to be on the conservative side....if his goal is to be back by the 3rd preseason game....I'm thinking regular season he should be at 100% no problem.
A missed preseason is the last thing he needs. He's following the routes or Burnett and Spears...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They are planning on having Hatcher on the practice field Monday.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your late 20min for practice, and ESPN blows it up to WWIII. They actually siad, this was the "beginning of the downfall." Freaking Absurd.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Your late 20min for practice, and ESPN blows it up to WWIII. They actually siad, this was the "beginning of the downfall." Freaking Absurd.
Yeah, if it was anyone else but T.O. it wouldn't have been news. For any other vet, a fine would be considered perfectly adequate punishment.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I can't watch any Cowboys coverage. It's always focused around how
"Romo can't recover from the bobbled snap" or "These guys are gonna regret Parcells leaving" or "T.O. is gonna destroy everyone". It makes me sick. What's even worse is that they go out of their way to antagonize T.O., especially on First Take.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought season tickets for the 2008 season!!! I'm stoked!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I found this bit of news interesting... consider how much Michael Huff was raved about in last year's draft...

The stalled contract negotiations between the Oakland Raiders and rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell have overshadowed another disturbing sight on this team: the lousy play of safety Michael Huff, the seventh overall pick in last year's draft. Huff was supposed to be a serious playmaker, but he didn't intercept a pass or force a fumble in 16 starts last season. He also has struggled in pass coverage this preseason, and he has failed to live up to his reputation as a big-time hitter. "The bottom line right now is that he's not physical enough," a team source said. Word is that Huff has been so underwhelming that Donovin Darius, who signed a free-agent deal in July, could take his job.
ESPN
Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just goes to show you how the tag of 'can't miss' is a huge misnomer. Huff was one of the most 'sure-thing' picks last year. In fact, you have to wonder about the Raider organization as a whole and how they handle players. Gallery was also a 'can't miss' prospect. You can't fault them on how they draft, they seem to be getting good solid propsects but surely don't seem to be developing them at all.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Just goes to show you how the tag of 'can't miss' is a huge misnomer. Huff was one of the most 'sure-thing' picks last year. In fact, you have to wonder about the Raider organization as a whole and how they handle players. Gallery was also a 'can't miss' prospect. You can't fault them on how they draft, they seem to be getting good solid propsects but surely don't seem to be developing them at all.
They've definitely had some really bad luck when it comes to there highly touted picks. But they have got some studs LB in the draft with Morrison and Thomas Howard. Plus I really liked there draft this year with Russ, Miller, Moses and Bush. Even though Russell is making it difficult for the Raiders right now.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell will continue to make it difficult for them. He's Jeff George reincarnated. Great physical tools but doesn't have a head for the game.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.
If we'll sign Turner we should enter the draft looking at CB, WR, LT, NT. And if Free shows to be the real deal, we can pick two elite very good prospects to replace the old guys on our team.
Next year's draft will be very exciting for us Cowboys fans.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Who of you is in favor of going after Turner next season? I think we should if we can afford it, he will be a huge upgrade over Julius.
If we'll sign Turner we should enter the draft looking at CB, WR, LT, NT. And if Free shows to be the real deal, we can pick two elite very good prospects to replace the old guys on our team.
Next year's draft will be very exciting for us Cowboys fans.
Depends on the type of contract he wants. I'm not sold just yet. I think more highly of McFadden and Stewart.

Next year's FA will be very VERY interesting...