Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He's slow and doesn't have the athleticism required to play in this defense. Probably play better in a tampa 2 in the roll of a hunter hillenmeier (sp?) or just a base 4-3 OLB... I dont know but IMO he is better suited for those types of teams.
lol so the second most athletic ILBs on this team isn't athletic enough? okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Based off BP drafting him as an OLB to play opposite of Ware and Phillips drafting an OLB (Spencer) to play opposite of Ware. LOL.
In Parcells scheme he was supposed to be more of a space eater out there. Phillips scheme doesn't call for that at all, so it makes sense to go with more of a pure pass rusher. Carp's skill set matches up well with the ILB role on this team though. I think that is all it came down to. I never really thought Parcells drafted at a specific spot anyway, more of a utility LB with his experience.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, we need your crystal ball. Are we gonna win next sunday? :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
lol so the second most athletic ILBs on this team isn't athletic enough? okay

In Parcells scheme he was supposed to be more of a space eater out there. Phillips scheme doesn't call for that at all, so it makes sense to go with more of a pure pass rusher. Carp's skill set matches up well with the ILB role on this team though. I think that is all it came down to. I never really thought Parcells drafted at a specific spot anyway, more of a utility LB with his experience.
You've got to be kidding me, he doesnt have the strength that Ayodele and James have and lacks the quickness and lateral movement of Burnett. Im actually eating my criticisms of James, because so far this year he has looked good. Im also glad that Burnett see's teh field quite often.

Either way, for you to call carpenter the 2nd most athletic inside linebacker on the team is insane. He doesnt play for a reason. He cant even play special teams right. You're blinded by his draft position.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You've got to be kidding me, he doesnt have the strength that Ayodele and James have and lacks the quickness and lateral movement of Burnett. Im actually eating my criticisms of James, because so far this year he has looked good. Im also glad that Burnett see's teh field quite often.

Either way, for you to call carpenter the 2nd most athletic inside linebacker on the team is insane. He doesnt play for a reason. He cant even play special teams right. You're blinded by his draft position.
Carpenter is probably the most athletic ILB on our team. He just doesn't understand how to read plays or take on blocks...at all.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:

strength does not equate to complete athleticism. Overall yes Carp is only second to Burnett.

oh and you can see my explanation of why I think he isn't showing up much in games here- http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...r#post63 6197

Last edited by fryman : 10-09-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or maybe you're blinded by your frustration at a (seemingly) wasted #1 pick?

All I know is that Bill Parcells often went on about Carpenter's physical ability and athleticism. So, unless you're saying that you know more than Bill.....
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Or maybe you're blinded by your frustration at a (seemingly) wasted #1 pick?

All I know is that Bill Parcells often went on about Carpenter's physical ability and athleticism. So, unless you're saying that you know more than Bill.....
You guys are nuts. He looks like he has cement in his shoes when he is in the game and he runs around like an Oaf. I don't know more than Bill, but Bill was interested in a different type of player than wade. Bill was OK with big and slow, wade is not. He doesn't get PT because he isn't athletic enough or smart enough to beat out any of the guys in front of him. It's not that hard to understand.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:
You guys are nuts. He looks like he has cement in his shoes when he is in the game and he runs around like an Oaf. I don't know more than Bill, but Bill was interested in a different type of player than wade. Bill was OK with big and slow, wade is not. He doesn't get PT because he isn't athletic enough or smart enough to beat out any of the guys in front of him. It's not that hard to understand.
I take it you didn't follow the link
Old 10-09-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say he's not athletic...he has a lot of gifts...but, a lot of that doesnt translate to the field. It's pretty sad when Robert Royal breaks your ankle in the open field. The only time he ever plays up to speed is on special teams...where he has played very well this season. He needs a lot of work on defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I take it you didn't follow the link
I followed it and it didn't take me to anything insightful..

What? Because you say carp has strength and speed and understands the scheme well than it must be true?

If he has strength, Speed, and a good understanding of the defense, why does he sit on the sidelines? When he is in the game why does he look absolutely lost even when the play is coming right at him?

On a side note, why do people love his ST's so much? Hes been completely out of position or getting owned on each one of the td's that have been given up on ST. He ran right into the wedge against the bills, and he didn't have enough speed or good enough position to even touch daunte hall against the rams..

Everything you guys are saying is speculation. Carp sucks at this point. I can make that statement because it's based on current facts. You on the other hand are predicting the future and basing that opinion on absolutly nothing sense he never plays, and when he does, he doesnt do anything.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives..._the_tape.html

New writer at the DMN who may actually know something about football.

Holy smokes. Fair and balanced.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:
I followed it and it didn't take me to anything insightful..

What? Because you say carp has strength and speed and understands the scheme well than it must be true?

If he has strength, Speed, and a good understanding of the defense, why does he sit on the sidelines? When he is in the game why does he look absolutely lost even when the play is coming right at him?

On a side note, why do people love his ST's so much? Hes been completely out of position or getting owned on each one of the td's that have been given up on ST. He ran right into the wedge against the bills, and he didn't have enough speed or good enough position to even touch daunte hall against the rams..

Everything you guys are saying is speculation. Carp sucks at this point. I can make that statement because it's based on current facts. You on the other hand are predicting the future and basing that opinion on absolutly nothing sense he never plays, and when he does, he doesnt do anything.
-he has the measurables off field, and every coach comments on his athleticism
-Phillips will not ask a guy to make the reads if he doesn't know the system it is that plain and simple. Also Parcells repeatedly called him a smart player his rookie year. Parcells doesn't exactly throw around compliments either.

some comments from guys you are obviously smarter than-

"We want to try to get him a role, especially in the passing game where he can cover," Phillips said. "He can cover. He can obviously run. He's got great speed. We're going to try to utilize what he can do there."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.3005078.html

"I know everything I'm supposed to be doing on every play," Carpenter said. "Now it's just digesting it and processing it fast enough until we're out on the field and it becomes second nature."
Hes a really good athlete, Zimmer said. Weve got to get him a little more physical at the point of attack. Hes a productive guy. Now weve got to get him doing things the way we want it done.
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...C67737FE6D22E1

"I like the player as an athlete," Parcells said. "He's a real pure linebacker. You can see him do everything you want him to see."
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...C6A8579862A7CB

of course it is speculation why his physical ability and knowledge doesn't stand out on the field. I think it is pretty obvious it is there for him though. Hell we haven't even seen enough of him recently to truly tell if it is showing on he field.

Also see bolded- if you read my post I linked I outlined why I think this is. Did you really not understand what I wrote or something? Have you never heard players or coaches talking about just what I said?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until he is seeing the field consistantly he will constantly be underachieving for our expectations. His recognition skills are so bad. He played his best game after his 4th consecitive game at one position with plenty of time on the field. When he gets in the field he just drops to the intermediate middle and reads the QB...he still takes bad angles and doesn't shed blocks quick enough. So I think he does know this defense...just like he said he can't process the information fast enough.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, after the first 5 games of the season, Ware is on pace for 14.5 sacks. Do you think he will reach this marker?
I think he can, especially considering that we have yet to face Detroit, Ware made Backus is b***h last year, and Detroit's line isn't so improved.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

This is a miracle. Robert gives props to someone who backs BIG BAD ROY!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
-he has the measurables off field, and every coach comments on his athleticism
-Phillips will not ask a guy to make the reads if he doesn't know the system it is that plain and simple. Also Parcells repeatedly called him a smart player his rookie year. Parcells doesn't exactly throw around compliments either.

some comments from guys you are obviously smarter than-

"We want to try to get him a role, especially in the passing game where he can cover," Phillips said. "He can cover. He can obviously run. He's got great speed. We're going to try to utilize what he can do there."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.3005078.html

"I know everything I'm supposed to be doing on every play," Carpenter said. "Now it's just digesting it and processing it fast enough until we're out on the field and it becomes second nature."
Hes a really good athlete, Zimmer said. Weve got to get him a little more physical at the point of attack. Hes a productive guy. Now weve got to get him doing things the way we want it done.
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...C67737FE6D22E1

"I like the player as an athlete," Parcells said. "He's a real pure linebacker. You can see him do everything you want him to see."
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...C6A8579862A7CB

of course it is speculation why his physical ability and knowledge doesn't stand out on the field. I think it is pretty obvious it is there for him though. Hell we haven't even seen enough of him recently to truly tell if it is showing on he field.

Also see bolded- if you read my post I linked I outlined why I think this is. Did you really not understand what I wrote or something? Have you never heard players or coaches talking about just what I said?

Do you think parcells was going to turn around and say "Hey, I just drafted this guy, but he sorta sucks, sorry?"

Everyone is puffing him up because he cant do it with his play. Im sure at the start of last season the same things were being said about Marcus Spears.

He's not going to be anything on this team, or on a defense that requires what this one does.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

No he didn't mean that part just the part that backs his "theories" :)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
All he has said is Roy is playing good Rover SO FAR.

I can not objectively disagree with that.

He is playing good Rover.

I also pointed this out in a post after the Rams game. He is respectable in the role.

Burnett and Carp, IMHO are better however.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-10-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
No he didn't mean that part just the part that backs his "theories" :)
Wrong again young lady. Babble, babble, babble.

You personify an old spanish saying the strongest thing in the world is paper because it can hold onto anything you say.

OT: Stalker-aces is your new name. You just can't stop baiting me. I think that is a violation.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-10-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:
Do you think parcells was going to turn around and say "Hey, I just drafted this guy, but he sorta sucks, sorry?"

Everyone is puffing him up because he cant do it with his play. Im sure at the start of last season the same things were being said about Marcus Spears.

He's not going to be anything on this team, or on a defense that requires what this one does.
Parcells said that before Carp had even entered his first training camp, and you think he drafts Carp if he didn't like his physical abilities?

You don't think Spears is great physically? If you do realize how great he is physically why would you compare them? You are trying to argue Carp isn't physically capable, not if he can play right now. I never said Carp can play right now, I said he is a great athlete. Nevermind that Spears isn't even comparable based on play, because they are completely different situations, we don't see enough of Carp to form an educated opinion.

Anyways I am done, you have zero going for yourself here. I was hoping you could at least make some good points and have something to back it up. "Because I think so" doesn't prove a point.

Last edited by fryman : 10-10-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wrong again young lady. Babble, babble, babble.

You personify an old spanish saying the strongest thing in the world is paper because it can hold onto anything you say.

OT: Stalker-aces is your new name. You just can't stop baiting me. I think that is a violation.
Its so funny that you say something and then come back hours later with a weak azz edit about an "old Spanish saying" I'm not baiting you I'm quoting you on all your moronic predictions and so called observations. Its called reading comprehension. You should learn it.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well after so many staff members quit/took buyouts/got fired, you'd think they would have some salary to hire new faces. This one looks like a keeper.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Well after so many staff members quit/took buyouts/got fired, you'd think they would have some salary to hire new faces. This one looks like a keeper.
He does homework. I was floored.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Did anybody else notice that in the Bills game our boy Flozzel didnt have any false starts? Thats a great sign heading into this game.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, Flozell has been solid the past two games. His ass is gonna get tested this Sunday though. I think Belicheck is going to push him all game.