Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We go 4-3 and Spencer is out of a job. It'd be this:

WLB Burnett - ILB James - SLB Ayodele
RE Ware UT Canty/Spears/Hatcher/Tank NT Fergie/Ratliff LE Ellis

Really, as you can see, we don't have ideal personnel for it. Ware is wasted IMO in a solely 3 point stance, someone in the Canty/Spears/Hatcher/Ratliff/Tank rotation is lost. Spencer is worthless, Carp is worthless except maybe as LOLB, but Ayodele's there.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post

Really, as you can see, we don't have ideal personnel for it. Ware is wasted IMO in a solely 3 point stance, someone in the Canty/Spears/Hatcher/Ratliff/Tank rotation is lost. Spencer is worthless, Carp is worthless except maybe as LOLB, but Ayodele's there.
While we play the 3-4 as our primary Defense, we do shift into a 4-3, 4-6, Dime, and Nickle packages. When we go Nickle:

James - Ayodele
Ware - Canty - Tank - Ellis

and Dime:

James

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post

I hope we all agree -- we are not ideally 4-3 personnel.

But Ware can do anything he wants. Carpenter is a good 4-3 SOLB candidate. James/ Ayodele / can play ILB. Burnett can play all three.

Ellis and Hatcher are nice 4-3 ends with Spencer coming in. Spears. Canty, Tank and Ratliff are nice 4-3 DTs.

But Ware, Burnett and Capenter on the field at once really improve our pass defense.

Spears/C
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddHatter View Post
While we play the 3-4 as our primary Defense, we do shift into a 4-3, 4-6, Dime, and Nickle packages. When we go Nickle:

James - Ayodele

and Dime:

James
Hm? Not at all...
When we switch to the nickel the LBs are Burnett and Roy, and in the Dime it's Roy and Carpenter, I haven't seen us going with a package with only on LB at all this year...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Hm? Not at all...
When we switch to the nickel the LBs are Burnett and Roy, and in the Dime it's Roy and Carpenter, I haven't seen us going with a package with only on LB at all this year...
Burnett and Roy? I haven't seen that at all... and a Dime only has one LB ... you sure about that?

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddHatter View Post
Burnett and Roy? I haven't seen that at all... and a Dime only has one LB ... you sure about that?
Roy is the "Dime LBer" with any combo of Caprenter, Bradie and Burnett according to my notes.

That is Roy Plays "In the Box" SS.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again...Roy is our Rover in dime packages...I know you think it's just terminology cf...but get it right.

For the record we run a lot of funky stuff...last game we had spencer/ellis/ware/carp/ratliff/burnett all on the LOS...result....2 incomplete passes. There is just so much stuff we can do with this personnel. In the NFL it's not like madden...there are millions of combinations...we have all kinds of different personnel and combinations. So lets just leave that to Wade and quit talking about the ideal 4-3 set up.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
.... So lets just leave that to Wade and quit talking about the ideal ......
I guess if that is the case we should shut down the Blog.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
I guess if that is the case we should shut down the Blog.
There are so many more things to talk about is my feelings...by all means draw it out into a long back and fourth debate...but lets talk about the impact that Raliff is having in the run game. Or our upcoming games and how to win...something that hasn't been discussed. This would get more people stopping around to check it out and get more discussion going imo. But by all means go for it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
... This would get more people stopping around to check it out and get more discussion going imo.
Last I checked this was the most popular board on this blog by a long mile.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that loss to N.E. doesnt look so bad now does it? After all, the Deadskins were supposed to have this awesome D and according to some the best safety tandem in the league. Well they just got half a hundred hung on them. Parcells used to ask "who scares ya" looking at our remaining schedule does anybody really scare you? I dont see a game left we cant win. I'm not suggesting were going undefeated from here on out but nobody scares me.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its funny, id love to hear from anyone that said the Pats crushed us, when we had the lead in the 3rd quarter, in the 3rd quarter today it was a 50 point lead, and they still ran the score up...

anyway, the Eagles are coming off a W, and the Redskins have 2 weeks to prepare for us and they will be angry...These next 2 weeks will not be easy what so ever, the Philly game concerns me about letting westbrook get into the secondary for big plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Its funny, id love to hear from anyone that said the Pats crushed us, when we had the lead in the 3rd quarter, in the 3rd quarter today it was a 50 point lead, and they still ran the score up...

anyway, the Eagles are coming off a W, and the Redskins have 2 weeks to prepare for us and they will be angry...These next 2 weeks will not be easy what so ever, the Philly game concerns me about letting westbrook get into the secondary for big plays
Philly scares me a lot less today than they did a week ago before I actually sat down and watched one of their games. With how easy it was for Bollinger to throw the ball on them, Romo should make Tom Brady look like Trent Dilfer.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone notice how Patrick Crayton is everywhere? This past week he was on damn near every football related show and first take but, that show is just crap. Anyway, I didnt think Crayton would benefit this much in the public's eye w/ Glenn out. Who knew he had a T.O. mouth at times and was full of predictions? I didnt. It's just weird, everytime I turn on tv, Crayton is on another show, talking smack, or doing yet again another interview. hmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo is in the fold, but the Dallas Cowboys now need to focus on taking care of at least four more players: receiver Patrick Crayton, running back Marion Barber, linebacker DeMarcus Ware and defensive end Chris Canty. Crayton earns $1.3 million in base salary and could command a five or six year deal between $5.5 and $7.5 million. Barber could get a high tender of $2.562 million that would require a team to surrender a first- and third-round draft pick.
Ware is still on his rookie contract, and he's not scheduled to make a million dollars in base salary until 2009. His base salary for 2007 is $730,000. The following year it drops to $725,000. Canty is a restricted free agent, and he could receive a low tender of $927,000, which would be more than he's ever made in a season. But Canty could leave because another team wouldn't mind giving up a fourth-round tender for him.

-Yahoo

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember If I had posted this highlight reel, but by the way, one of the comments one user made about Julius Jones was very funny :D

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uAzf3IAbME

and here's the comment

Quote:
julius needs to be cut like an emo kid cuts his wrists

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradie James had a magnificent game. Props to him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Flozell beasted it tonight, aside from that false start.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James did really well. I am not his biggest supporter, but he played really well.

I wanted to throw Burnett props. I like that guy.

O-Line looked great.

Ratliff continues to impress me.

Barber is awesome.

Julius played well.

TO showed up big.

However, and it pains me to great lengths to say this as I have been one of his strongest supporters, Roy does not seem to me to be making the big plays anymore. Those of you that have read my posts know I have always supported him, and I still do. He is still my favorite Cowboy. But (and again, I hate to say this) he does not look like the same player anymore. He is not playing nearly as bad as some on here want to say, but he is not playing at a pro bowl level. And that is what I expect of him. Not saying he has to go, but...

One more observation. I know who I will be voting for for the Presidency this year. He is a new name on the ballot. His name is Jason Witten. Recognize we are watching a tight end that future tight ends will be compared to!!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty also is maturing very nicely into a great DE. Fun to see.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Chris Canty also is maturing very nicely into a great DE. Fun to see.
He was making plays all over the line today....not one offensive lineman can overpower him one on one in my opinion. He is a men among boys.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

My observations from Philly beat down

1) Best game of the season for us IMHO
2) Nice to see WP come out in Nickel and Dime -- SMART!!!!
3) James, Canty and Ware. Nice. Bradie is playing lots better.
4) I liked the RB rotation this week better than last few
5) Philly played chippy. Lots of helmet to helmet shots by them
6) Low penalities -- great. The Hamlin PF was BS
7) Came out ready to play Offensively.
8) Stanback sighting was nice. I don't get why Austin is not allowed to touch the ball. Last time he got one it went back .......

I agree Canty is imposing right now. Even had a Spears sighting. Next week Tank gets put into the rotation. Can you imagine if these guys all hit with Ratliff? Just get me a 340lb NT somewhere.

OT: Is it me or would the Pats have lost by two TDs if Marvin Harrison and the starting LT played for Indy? Indy looked faster. Indy D is pretty damn good. No shoe in Pats can beat them twice this year. 16-0 or not.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-05-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
James did really well. I am not his biggest supporter, but he played really well.

I wanted to throw Burnett props. I like that guy.

O-Line looked great.

Ratliff continues to impress me.

Barber is awesome.

Julius played well.

TO showed up big.

However, and it pains me to great lengths to say this as I have been one of his strongest supporters, Roy does not seem to me to be making the big plays anymore. Those of you that have read my posts know I have always supported him, and I still do. He is still my favorite Cowboy. But (and again, I hate to say this) he does not look like the same player anymore. He is not playing nearly as bad as some on here want to say, but he is not playing at a pro bowl level. And that is what I expect of him. Not saying he has to go, but...

One more observation. I know who I will be voting for for the Presidency this year. He is a new name on the ballot. His name is Jason Witten. Recognize we are watching a tight end that future tight ends will be compared to!!!!
Roy is fine. He would of had that pick if Hamlin didn't steal it from him! lol 8)

Tony Romo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLTRw9ogag0
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

I wanna hear that "TO is JAG" crap again...

In Bob We Trust

Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty did play beastly, it was nice to see him emerge that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote