Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

I heard Sean Taylors out for this weeks game.

We should have no problem against the skins with him out
Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Im surprised to see how much Roy is getting ripped for the game against the Giants... Yeah he couldn't cover Shockey, but we knew that. Im am one of roys biggest critics on here and I actually think it was his best game of the season. He was constantly getting into the backfield or putting hits on the RB's right at the LOS and he didn't get beat deep. Roy showed me the type of run support that actually justifies him being on the field.

I wish he was a complete safety, but he is what he is and if he plays like this for the rest of the season I would be happy to say the least. I just hope we can tighten up the secondary just a bit more. We're still not quite where we need to be. Eli is average and doesn't show up in big games -- Favre will be a great test
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Im surprised to see how much Roy is getting ripped for the game against the Giants... Yeah he couldn't cover Shockey, but we knew that. Im am one of roys biggest critics on here and I actually think it was his best game of the season. He was constantly getting into the backfield or putting hits on the RB's right at the LOS and he didn't get beat deep. Roy showed me the type of run support that actually justifies him being on the field.

I wish he was a complete safety, but he is what he is and if he plays like this for the rest of the season I would be happy to say the least. I just hope we can tighten up the secondary just a bit more. We're still not quite where we need to be. Eli is average and doesn't show up in big games -- Favre will be a great test
Same here. He made all of his tackles, even laid a good lick on Jacobs on one play driving him back 2 yards.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

congrats on the win. Our D just isn't were it needs to be to stop you guys when you guys are on and our O stops itself. I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs, it'll be one hell of a game again.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

redskins.com reports that hes out for atleast two weeks, im so mad cause my favorite part of the skins boys games lately is watching taylor light up TO

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
redskins.com reports that hes out for atleast two weeks, im so mad cause my favorite part of the skins boys games lately is watching taylor light up TO
that sucks, is Landy going to stay in the same role, or move over to roam more at FS where Taylor usually is?

thats a big injury, but I agree the Packers game will be a huge test on our secondary, we will get tested deep all game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coupla thoughts on some unsung heros...

I just have to say, I can't wait until Anthony Henry is back to full strength. He's been such a great player for us this year when he has been on the field. Really has stepped up to the plate and playing better than he ever has for the Cowboys. Yeah, he's not mistake free, but he is a solid presence on the field and I am thankful to Parcells for bringing him in.

Ken Hamlin has truly been a God send to us. I'm pretty confident that we'll get him back for a more long term contract if I'm reading in between the lines correctly. WP keeps saying great things about him and not just his playmaking... "It's him helping other people not just get lined up, but we if audible some things or alert some things. We have a good group overall, they study hard and he's the leader of that. . He's the defensive quarterback as far as the secondary is concerned."

Tank Johnson is instantly one of my most favorite players on the team. It's been so long and so painful a journey it seems in my wishes to find a NT that can be dominant at his position. If Sunday's game was any flash of what Tank can mean to our future, I am just so happy. I saw him drawing double teams... imagine that. I saw him disrupting the backfield. I almost fainted when he sacked Eli. That spin he did put him right in position to take Eli down. That was just great.

Chris Canty is a beast. He's really stepped his game up this year. I was hoping that at least one of our 3 young DEs...Spears, Canty or Hatcher would take that next step and Canty has not only separated himself, but he's become one of the best young 3-4 DEs in the league. I know some think he doesn't have the leverage to sign a big extension but I fully disagree. I say we lock him up for a long LONG time now before he gets even more expensive. So happy to see home grown talent flourish the way he has. More props to Parcells! :)

I've been a huge critic of Bradie James, but hey... time to eat some crow. He's been a nice surprise week to week. The consistency is starting to show now and for he's even have a nice standout play or two each game. He's not perfect, but I don't need him to be in order to be satisfied with his play. Ayodele on the other hand.... Does anybody know if he got shipped off to Iraq?

Columbo... what a nasty ole motherfugger.... Been very appreciative of mental toughness, feisty attitude and swagger....His pass protection is top notch. Yeah, he'll commit dumb false start penalties, but hell... he's been matched up against some major forces opposite of him. He got the better of Strahan on Sunday and he's been helping to keep Romo on his feet and relatively safe rolling to his right for the majority of the year. I still remember the revolving door at RT, so his consistency is not taken for granted in my mind.

Leonard Davis... ooooh eee! I'm tired of writing but damn... he makes me so happy to wake up as a Cowboys fan.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone paying attention to the little Crayton/Jacobs feud? Crayton was talking up how big the win was and how it was a statement game (he also said, the Gianst were all talk) and Jacobs comes straight and says..."Crayton Sucks"...lol. These two have been doing way too much talking this year. Jacobs guaranteeing wins against us and calling out our defense and Mr. Crayton already putting us in the superbowl, bashing the Patriots, and appearing on every sports show week after week. Neither of these two have really done anything in this league yet...to be talking so much. I like both guys but, enough is enough already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-13-2007 at 04:12 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Anyone paying attention to the little Crayton/Jacobs feud? Crayton was talking up how big the win was and how it was a statement game (he also said, the Gianst were all talk) and Jacobs comes straight and says..."Crayton Sucks"...lol. These two have been doing way too much talking this year. Jacobs guaranteeing wins against us and calling out our defense and Mr. Crayton already putting us in the superbowl, bashing the Patriots, and appearing on every sports show week after week. Neither of these two have really done anything in this league yet...to be talking so much. I like both guys but, enough is enough already.
Crayton's looking for a big contract next year, either with Dallas or another team. He's getting attention. Last year, who even knew his name outside of Dallas?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinkin out of the blue... wouldn't it be nice if we still had Larry Allen? Bet he wishes he played for less money on a SB contender than the crappy 9ers.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Allen was getting slow on pass defense, wasn't he? Say what you will about Kozier, but he's more mobile then Larry Allen.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was just thinkin out of the blue... wouldn't it be nice if we still had Larry Allen? Bet he wishes he played for less money on a SB contender than the crappy 9ers.
It was a hometown move, and Parcells made it clear he didn't have any love for him. Can't blame the guy.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Quote:
Crayton had some more words for Jacobs when they interviewed him on ESPN News.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
Crayton had some more words for Jacobs when they interviewed him on ESPN News.
And those where??

FWIIW, Jacobs talks too much given his to-date performance. Dude, juss shut up. You are becoming Tiki II.

On Crayton, also, you know what, shut up already. Getting tired of his bulletin board material and that TD this week was fine material. Memo Patrick: 4.6 WRs should not talk smack.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
And those where??

FWIIW, Jacobs talks too much given his to-date performance. Dude, juss shut up. You are becoming Tiki II.

On Crayton, also, you know what, shut up already. Getting tired of his bulletin board material and that TD this week was fine material. Memo Patrick: 4.6 WRs should not talk smack.

The interviewer told him about what Brandon Jacobs said, and Crayton said Jacobs shouldnt be talking because he weights 265 and was trying to cut block Kevin Burnett who weights 230-240.

Edit: Crayton should def shut up tho, he's not doing us any favors and he's making himself look bad. It's funny that if T.O. said half the stuff Crayton was saying the Media would never shut up about it.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible that our entire left side of the OL will make the pro bowl? Gurode, to me, is playing like the best center in the NFC, Davis has been dominant and Flozell is having a great year, and there aren't a lot of LTs who are playing at his level in the NFC...

Edit: well, Davis plays on the right side...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowboys to re-sign Adams?

The Cowboys, who have had no contract discussions with Flozell Adams' representative, appeared inclined to let him leave through free agency and let Pat McQuistan, James Marten and Doug Free battle for the job, with Leonard Davis available as a fallback plan. Adams, though, has played so well over the last few weeks that Dallas needed to rethink things. Based on Jerry Jones' comments the other day that Adams is in line for a third contract, it seems as though the Cowboys have already made their decision. -- Dallas Morning News

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The Cowboys, who have had no contract discussions with Flozell Adams' representative, appeared inclined to let him leave through free agency and let Pat McQuistan, James Marten and Doug Free battle for the job, with Leonard Davis available as a fallback plan. Adams, though, has played so well over the last few weeks that Dallas needed to rethink things. Based on Jerry Jones' comments the other day that Adams is in line for a third contract, it seems as though the Cowboys have already made their decision. -- Dallas Morning News
Interesting... Thanks for the post.

Majority here think Free or McQ is the answer at LT.... Guess we'll be finding out. I for one am in the minority. I hope Free can rise up to the challenge, but I have my doubts.

Absolutely hate the idea of Davis being the fall back plan as suggested.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Interesting... Thanks for the post.

Majority here think Free or McQ is the answer at LT.... Guess we'll be finding out. I for one am in the minority. I hope Free can rise up to the challenge, but I have my doubts.

Absolutely hate the idea of Davis being the fall back plan as suggested.
I originally liked the idea of that before the start of the season but, after seeing him play guard this year...I say hell no, to moving him.

As for Free/McQ...I def. think one will be the man eventually...but, right now, re-signing Flozell is def. the best thing for this team. Free could use some more seasoning anyway...so yeah, I'll be real happy if we can get a deal done w/ Flozell.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Vanderbilt's Chris Williams looks really REALLY good right now at our second round pick. Tony Hills might fall too now that he's out for the year...
Old 11-14-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Vanderbilt's Chris Williams looks really REALLY good right now at our second round pick. Tony Hills might fall too now that he's out for the year...
Forum Q:

Guard or Tackle in the 3rd / 4th?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there is any way in the world we take a Tackle on the first day...I'm even boarder line taking one at all in the draft.

We drafted a guy with our second pick in the draft...now call me stupid but I think its safe to say he has a spot on the roster. Than we picked up a guy with our 4th pick who outplayed everyone at OT this offseason. I just find it so hard to believe that we are going to bring in yet another guy to try to outplay these too...maybe a project or something in the end rounds...or maybe even a OT earlier with the intentions of moving him inside...but no way we select a guy to come in an just compete. If there was a top guy on the left side...like Joe Thomas...than I would be all for that...after all he was as good of a prospect as any to come out. But there isn't....top LT at this point is probably Clady...and he may not even come out...if he does I'm not sold on him as a worth player to come in and start right away anyways...which basically makes his selection moot.

On the Flozell contract talks...I think it is pretty interesting. I just say give him a 3-4 year deal...give him all his money upfront...so that if his play declines we can take the rest of his cap and cut him for basically nothing. I would split his bonus up over 2 years or something...just to give us basically two years to stay with him...and then make him cutable in his 3rd year.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't think there is any way in the world we take a Tackle on the first day...I'm even boarder line taking one at all in the draft.

We drafted a guy with our second pick in the draft...now call me stupid but I think its safe to say he has a spot on the roster. Than we picked up a guy with our 4th pick who outplayed everyone at OT this offseason. I just find it so hard to believe that we are going to bring in yet another guy to try to outplay these too...maybe a project or something in the end rounds...or maybe even a OT earlier with the intentions of moving him inside...but no way we select a guy to come in an just compete. If there was a top guy on the left side...like Joe Thomas...than I would be all for that...after all he was as good of a prospect as any to come out. But there isn't....top LT at this point is probably Clady...and he may not even come out...if he does I'm not sold on him as a worth player to come in and start right away anyways...which basically makes his selection moot.

On the Flozell contract talks...I think it is pretty interesting. I just say give him a 3-4 year deal...give him all his money upfront...so that if his play declines we can take the rest of his cap and cut him for basically nothing. I would split his bonus up over 2 years or something...just to give us basically two years to stay with him...and then make him cutable in his 3rd year.
No one is writing off Marten. I like his potential at RT though. He's not an NFL LT.

Free was the second of two 4th rounders. We've typically hit on our 4th rounders and Free was doing good until he got injured. Then again... we've heard that before. The kid is extremely injury prone. It's why he dropped in the draft. Reliable? No. Nice potential? Slipping with each and every injury. Hope? Plenty of it.

I don't care what we invested in in the past. If Flozell leaves, we have a huge hole to fill. Just because we've spent a 3rd and 4th rounder last year, doesn't mean we have a solution. There are Tackles in this draft that I like a lot more than Free and McQuistan. It'd be wise to double cover our tails especially when we don't have many other glaring needs. This would shoot up to our #1 NEED. Whereas a 3rd corner, complimentary RB, speed at WR, upgrade for Kosier... they are all luxury wants.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we are playing well this year and our OL is at it's best since the 90s.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

A fallback option on Flo's contract could be to franchise him. Now he's probably not quite one of the top 5 tackles in the league, but he is certainly in the top 10, and a franchise tag might actually be a better deal than playing the inflated market. Furthermore, the tag gives you the option of letting him go easily after a year if he struggles, or giving him another contract if his solid play continues.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
A fallback option on Flo's contract could be to franchise him. Now he's probably not quite one of the top 5 tackles in the league, but he is certainly in the top 10, and a franchise tag might actually be a better deal than playing the inflated market. Furthermore, the tag gives you the option of letting him go easily after a year if he struggles, or giving him another contract if his solid play continues.
Can a brotha get a "HEEEEELL NAW!!!!!!!!!"???