Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius Jones: 9 carries, 25 yards.

I think he's done.

Barber: 22 carries, 110 yards. 5 ypc avg.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks about T.O. but, he should be fine by our playoff game...I'm not worried. I'm excited to get an extended look at Hurd and Austin next week. Sammy played a great game tonight...Miles made some plays but, he also looked awfully confused, I'm sure he'll be more prepared for next week. Tony played real well also, that thumb doesnt look to be big problem at all...he didnt throw that many bad passes. I still would love for him to sit next week...lets hope the Bears could score an upset...so, we can sit the bulk of the starters and go into the playoffs fresh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gumbel was rooting against us the whole game. Really annoying... Romo really impressed me by bouncing back. Defense looked pretty good without Roy.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense did play well...Newman started playing real soft when he got banged up and Jacque Reeves played horribly...again...but, other than that, they played well. The defensive line had a fantastic game, they were all making plays...5 sacks for our D, I believe. Not a bad days work.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to add, that that was the 2nd week in row our D-line played exceptional. Aside from that long run by Deangelo, they did a good job against the run. And with Ware and Ellis, they really turned up the pressure later in the game.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont know if anyone said it but, Terry Glenn is expected to play next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-22-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I got to add, that that was the 2nd week in row our D-line played exceptional. Aside from that long run by Deangelo, they did a good job against the run. And with Ware and Ellis, they really turned up the pressure later in the game.
Only good Carolina running plays were on cutbacks... We shut Foster down (4 carries for 9 yards) Reeves was pretty bad. The safeties didn't get involved and maybe that was for the best... Without T.O. we don't have anyone who can stretch the field effectively... I didn't really see what was wrong with Tank's sack, everyone said it was a hit to the head, but I didn't see it... Newman was pretty hobbled.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
apisallday

I just got back from seeing your game at the bar .... so FWIW

1) Your injuries are concerning -- that loss last week cost you an extra week to heal.
2) You guys are having trouble getting the ball deep on Cover 2 -- with or without TO. Cover 2 teams (last two weeks), Buffalo, New England seem to slow you down if the safeties play well.
3) I just don't understand Julius Jones at all. Your O Staff needs to kill that experiment and go Barber. Barber makes plays. Jones is just awful.
4) Your coaching staff bungled a few time outs today. Cost you 3 points and cost you a time out in the second half (punt v go for it).
5) Your pass D is much better without Roy. Davis got his hands on two passes that Williams would have never touched. Steve Smith is Steve Smith and Newman was hurt.
6) Your backup Center is pretty damn good. I thought Jenkins was going to kill him and Kosier.
7) You need Terry Glenn -- if only for speed and route running. Crayton and the other dude who replaced TO got off press coverage but got no separation on press coverage.
8) Your MLB are pretty average. They seem to over run stretch plays and can easily be cut back on if the DL does not play monsterous. Williams run was a great example. I think the Green Bay run too.
9) Your DL is pretty damn good. You have 5 guys who could start on most teams.
10) That lead blocker FB is pretty bad. Misses most of his blocks.
11) Your kick off coverage really stinks.

Last edited by apisallday : 12-22-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i'm putting my money on the Bear. By the way, I watched the game with the flu, my head was exploding and i had 102 degrees of fever. That's what i call loyality :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by apisallday View Post
I just got back from seeing your game at the bar .... so FWIW

1) Your injuries are concerning -- that loss last week cost you an extra week to heal.
2) You guys are having trouble getting the ball deep on Cover 2 -- with or without TO. Cover 2 teams (last two weeks), Buffalo, New England seem to slow you down if the safeties play well.
3) I just don't understand Julius Jones at all. Your O Staff needs to kill that experiment and go Barber. Barber makes plays. Jones is just awful.
4) Your coaching staff bungled a few time outs today. Cost you 3 points and cost you a time out in the second half (punt v go for it).
5) Your pass D is much better without Roy. Davis got his hands on two passes that Williams would have never touched. Steve Smith is Steve Smith and Newman was hurt.
6) Your backup Center is pretty damn good. I thought Jenkins was going to kill him and Kosier.
7) You need Terry Glenn -- if only for speed and route running. Crayton and the other dude who replaced TO got off press coverage but got no separation on press coverage.
8) Your MLB are pretty average. They seem to over run stretch plays and can easily be cut back on if the DL does not play monsterous. Williams run was a great example. I think the Green Bay run too.
9) Your DL is pretty damn good. You have 5 guys who could start on most teams.
10) That lead blocker FB is pretty bad. Misses most of his blocks.
11) Your kick off coverage really stinks.

Cover 2 is a pick'em and usually they'll double T.O. and leave Witten man-to-man on a LB, which is an easy pick for Romo. Crayton is a pure slot receiver - he doesn't stretch the field like T.O. and the Davis pick proved this as he was step for step with him. Overall on offense, I think we're way better in singleback with two TEs; this personnel:

Barber
Witten
Fasano
T.O.
Glenn/Crayton

This is the formation for us - we can run and pass extremely well. I want to see more of this formation. Seems like Witten is a better lead blocker than Hoyte is.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Glazier just reported on the pregame that Bill Parcells was going after Jeff Ireland as his GM and would probably get him. :( :twisted:
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Jay Glazier just reported on the pregame that Bill Parcells was going after Jeff Ireland as his GM and would probably get him. :( :twisted:
Yeah...it's probably going to happen...we'll be getting compensation in return though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

My guess is apisallday is also Rob.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing. A toned down Rob...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Green Bay loss could be coming today!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

PARTY AT ORTON'S!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

well, here comes home field advantage guys! Merry Christmas to all.

Keith Davis didn't look half bad out there. Hopefully roy horsecollars someone against Washington and gets a multi game suspension.

Roy is wasted money at this point. I know he is a huge cap hit, but I think we just need to bite the bullet.

Lets hope the hyperbaric chamber does wonders on T.O.'s ankle.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

So guys whats your expectations now? 13-3 is far better than anybody on here thought and we have homefield wrapped up. Is anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl a disappointment or do you consider this season a success with a playoff victory? Its been an amazing season especially with all the road wins, the fact that we are such a young team and have two 1st round draft picks makes our future look extremely bright. IMO if we win a playoff game but fall short of the Super Bowl it was still a great year with a lot to look forward to in the off season. What do you guys think?
Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, mine too. He changed his style a lot, and now he's not even a cowboys fan! But really, a new poster makes his appereance right after rob's ban and he postes only in the Dallas Cowboys forum... hmm...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 17, Brad Johnson vs. Todd Collins, I doubt my television will be able to handle the epicness.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Super Bowl or bust...anything less than a visit to the Bowl is a failure. Yeah, it's been a great year but, it's all for not if we don't get there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-23-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SB would be great. It's been a fun season even if we lost, especially because I still think this is a team on the rise. By no means do I think we've arrived. However, I expected us to win the NFC East. We've done that. Had we not done that, I think our season could've been called a bust. What we've done isn't a bust if we don't get to the SB. We've got a free ride past Round 1 of the playoffs. Getting past that was as far as I thought we'd get. Before the season started, I had a hunch we'd screw up in the playoffs and not get to the SB. Hopefully, my hunch was/is wrong. I'd love to get there and get another chance versus the Brady Bunch.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think winning the NFC East makes the season a success. Even if we lose the first playoff game I'm not going to be disappointed.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL@the Orton pictures, thats certainly relevant today lol...But honestly I would take it as a dissapointment if we dont make the super bowl, because I feel we really are the best team in the NFC, and we should be able to win 2 games at home...Now if we lost to the Pats I wont be so dissapointed, but with our team we should make the super bowl this year and if we dont its going to be a let down...Which Seattle scares me the most in the NFC championship game with their wr sets they could spread us out, being that was the team we lost to last year I have a bad feeling about playing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We're the #1 seed...now if we were say just the NFC East winner and not one of the two teams that earned a 1st round bye...I could be happy w/ the season....but, I don't see how you could settle for anything less than the Super Bowl...given the way this season has turned out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-23-2007 at 07:40 PM.