Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isn't it tampering to be talking to players now?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Primo North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I kinda see Julius Jones and Tatum Bell as clones... Maybe I'm off, but that's what comes to mind.
I agree for the most part. Bell is faster but he always seem to get nagging injuries that keeps him out of a few games a year. Plus, he obviously has a problem with splitting time considering the way he handled the return of Kevin Jones by demanding a trade.
And he isn't known for his vision...

Last edited by Primo North : 12-31-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Primo North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
isn't it tampering to be talking to players now?
I didn't think players could be contacted officially by teams until the end of the playoffs but i'm not sure how that works. He was vague about what was said, when, and in what manner of communication between the two...
But like i said, he made a point to add that no serious talks were going on. Maybe the teams that contacted him or his representative, did so only to express interest in a round-about way.

That would be my guess but, in my 1st post I was just paraphrasing what he said.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As scary as it is...I'm rooting for the Redskins and Giants this week...if both teams win...CLE's draft pick moves up...and I don't think Collins or Manning can beat a healthy dallas team. Although after the Seahawks dominated the first half...they are getting banged up and losing their luster...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Collins is pretty good... Can't believe I'm saying that.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
As scary as it is...I'm rooting for the Redskins and Giants this week...if both teams win...CLE's draft pick moves up...and I don't think Collins or Manning can beat a healthy dallas team. Although after the Seahawks dominated the first half...they are getting banged up and losing their luster...
I was under the impression we were locked in at the 22nd pick with Cleveland now.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I was under the impression we were locked in at the 22nd pick with Cleveland now.
Yeah, by the Browns not making the playoffs their pick was set already.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, by the Browns not making the playoffs their pick was set already.
Actually if Tampa Bay or Washington were to get to the Super Bowl we would then move to the 21st pick. With that said since Washington lost the only way to move up would be if Tampa wins the NFC (Which I would rather not have happen)

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't the pick move up in the Giants won? both teams would be 10-6 and CLE would have the lower SOS...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it only the regular season counts, so unless they make the super bowl, the picks stay the same.

(since the teams playing in the super bowl automatically get 31&32)
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why wouldn't the pick move up in the Giants won? both teams would be 10-6 and CLE would have the lower SOS...
Because the Giants are picking 26th right now... How would we move down when they would pick after us already? Like I said our only way at getting the 21st pick is if Tampa Bay wins the NFC.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

O ok...I didn't know that records were cut off after the regular season...now I understand...and I meant if TB won...just came out wrong.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do you guys think? I was really hoping for the Bucs because its hard to beat a good team three times in a year. The good news, we're at home and the Giants have had back to back emotional games. We don't have to worry about Shockey but their offense looked pretty good today. I think we'll win but I think its going to be close.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cautiously optimistic. It depends on how T.O. is feeling. If he's good to go, then we should win comfortably, if not, we're in some trouble. Both games this season were broken open by T.O.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I think that it may be hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season, but I also think beating a team 2 times in a season means you're a better team.

They are missing Shockey who has traditionally given the Cowboys' defense fits.

I have maintained that I believe Eli Manning to be a very average NFL quarterback and I'd rather face him than most other QB's in the playoffs. I think the Cowboys win the game by 10+ points.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going into the wild card games I wanted to play Tampa Bay out of the three possible teams. I felt that we could beat them whether or not TO was going to play next week. Whether TO plays or not, the pressure is really going to be on the defense. Shockey being out is going to help us out big time, but Plaxico always ends up burning us. The Giants are going to stack the line and make us beat them through the air. We're going to need to beat them with the shot passing game.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Well as hard as it is for us to beat them 3 times in 1 season, it should be just as hard for Eli to have 3 "good" games in a row. The giants have also won their last 8 road games. That streak has got to stop somewhere.

All that being said, we need to watch Kevin Boss. He could be a sleeper x-factor in this game. We can't sleep on the TE just because Shockey is out. It seems to me that Boss is getting more passes thrown his way than shockey was anyways.

Both corners are final healthy and I dont believe Eli has had to play both of them starting yet this year. We just got our asses handed to us by Washington. And this is a rival game against a team who has had a lot to say about the boys this year. I think the motivation for our team is there. We just need to execute. But yes, this game does scare me and I would have prefered Tampa and their crappy offense.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

I think the Giants are sleeping on us a little bit... They're the toast of the town right now and we're down in the dumps. I'm excited.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it all depends on how motivated this team will be on gameday. If they come out and play as they did all season, we should won the game.
The Giants are an hot team now, but so were the Redskins, the Seahawks (who had some struggles in december) came out strong and kicked them in the ass.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we give them a good dose of Marion Barber, we will win. If we stick Julius out there... say hello to full time NFL Draft talk.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kinda funny how the Giants are the sexy pick right now.

They played well against the Pats, but they lost 2 or their last three to end the season, and TBs offense sucks.

I could see this one being a blow out. Who has hurt Dallas badly? Plax & Shockey. Shockey is out so I think they clamp down on Plax and focus on stopping the run. I think Dallas wins by 21 or more.

Also, lets not forget how beneficial the bye week is. At this time of the year, guys legs can get really tired and some have said they feel like they're running in quick sand. I think the energy expended by the Giants catches up with them and Dallas just cruises in this one.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
It's kinda funny how the Giants are the sexy pick right now.

They played well against the Pats, but they lost 2 or their last three to end the season, and TBs offense sucks.

I could see this one being a blow out. Who has hurt Dallas badly? Plax & Shockey. Shockey is out so I think they clamp down on Plax and focus on stopping the run. I think Dallas wins by 21 or more.

Also, lets not forget how beneficial the bye week is. At this time of the year, guys legs can get really tired and some have said they feel like they're running in quick sand. I think the energy expended by the Giants catches up with them and Dallas just cruises in this one.
Good point about the bye week. When the team had it during the season it was before the Eagles game at Philly. That game was a 38-17 victory against the Jim Johnson defense that is the model on which the Giants defense is run.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If we give them a good dose of Marion Barber, we will win. If we stick Julius out there... say hello to full time NFL Draft talk.
Combined with an heavy dose of the original 81 ;)

In Bob We Trust

Old 01-08-2008, 05:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What are you guys most excited for this weekend.

Mines got to be seeing TG shredding that secondary....I can't wait to see this guy stretch the field..I'm expecting one catch over 20 yards...he was huge to our offense last year..and we have already been this good without him...can't wait.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-08-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
What are you guys most excited for this weekend.

Mines got to be seeing TG shredding that secondary....I can't wait to see this guy stretch the field..I'm expecting one catch over 20 yards...he was huge to our offense last year..and we have already been this good without him...can't wait.

I'm excited about TO. He has been amazing this season, and he usually plays like a man possesed in the playoffs. He's 33 and he knows his chances of winning a SB are getting smaller every year, so I expect big things from him during this playoffs.

In Bob We Trust