Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now here's some interesting news, per rotoworld:

Quote:
Cowboys DE Marcus Spears says he is willing to play nose tackle full time if the team decides to use Jay Ratliff at end.
Spears isn't exactly Jamal Williams at 6'4/298, but could combine with Tank Johnson to form a highly athletic rotation. Spears hasn't been productive at end and the added versatility would help with his rookie deal winding down
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ter-spots.html

Quote:
3. Defensive end. Chris Canty is the starter on one side. But will the other starter, Marcus Spears could get pushed by Jason Hatcher. Spears saw some time at nose guard late in the season and said he's not opposed to playing there full-time as long as it helps the team. Jay Ratliff, a natural at end, is currently the starting nose guard. But will the team move him to end over Spears and start Tank Johnson at nose?

Have to admit this isn't what I would expect to hear from Spears, but he also knows that his time here is looming so being a team player is the right direction to take...Looks like Hatcher might see more time at end along with Ratliff, I love these ideas...Getting a pass rush from our D-line makes it alot easier to get pressure on the QB when the blitz is called...We have a nice rotation at the least right now that should keep guys fresh.

Ratliff - Spears - Tank - Canty

That's not a bad D-line in passing formations, then we can slide Ratliff inside for Spears to get Hatcher more time outside as well....From what I've been reading Jason Hatcher and Courtney Brown were DMN's two sleepers/breakthrough players so definately keep an eye on both guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm... interesting. I could see Spears and Tank splitting time at NT.

Also, per rotoworld:

Quote:
Schefter says Horn has become "plan 1A" for Dallas if Terry Glenn doesn't sign his injury waiver and the Cowboys could send Atlanta a late-round pick. There's a pretty good chance that Horn won't make the Falcons, but the Cowboys are ready to win now and would probably part with the pick to get him in their offense as soon as possible.
I don't like it. Horn is... meh. He was good a few years back, but now, I think the only thing he would do is stifle the development of Hurd and/or Austin.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I read that the 1st thing I thought was it was juts Schefter throwing out name in the hat like always for a story...He's not as bad as Mortenson, but Schefter thinks were "big players" in every big name that becomes halfway available, I wouldn't mind Horn but he would only come if we don't bring back Glenn, and even then we might want to give Austin those reps...I just don't think its something we even strongly considered.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter is a Cowboys homer who has been trying his hardest to get us a receiver for the last two years. I dont believe anything he says when it comes to him and the Cowboys. He always seems like he is trying to sway JJ to do this or that. I remember when he kept bashing us for not taking Manningham in the 1st round. ugh. He was talking him up for weeks and said he was a lock to go to Dallas. umm yeah. Schefter annoys the hell out of me. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-27-2008 at 12:11 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking the Marcus Spears news. Always great to hear a player come out and say that he'd play a different position or take on a different task for the better of the team. Obviously, like some of you have already mentioned, it might have something to do with his soon expiring contract. If he plays admirably at the nose, allowing Ratliff to be the productive player he can be at end, i can see us offering him a half decent deal.

He's close to home here in Texas, so I don't understand why he would want to leave elsewhere. Maybe to Houston, but I doubt many other teams will be throwing big money at him.

As for the Joe Horn stuff, man, just let him go to another team in the NFC South that wants him. We have plenty of WR's that can use the time and practice, we don't need another washed up, slow WR to further clog the log jam we have at WR anyway.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just say NO to Joe Horn...he's washed up and needs to retire!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm liking the Marcus Spears news. Always great to hear a player come out and say that he'd play a different position or take on a different task for the better of the team. Obviously, like some of you have already mentioned, it might have something to do with his soon expiring contract. If he plays admirably at the nose, allowing Ratliff to be the productive player he can be at end, i can see us offering him a half decent deal.

He's close to home here in Texas, so I don't understand why he would want to leave elsewhere. Maybe to Houston, but I doubt many other teams will be throwing big money at him.

As for the Joe Horn stuff, man, just let him go to another team in the NFC South that wants him. We have plenty of WR's that can use the time and practice, we don't need another washed up, slow WR to further clog the log jam we have at WR anyway.

Agree on the Spears contract aspect, if he moves to Nose and plays serviceable, and is only looking for a halfway decent deal I could see us extend him...I think we would welcome him back as he has been healthy and good against the run, and if he wants to be a Cowboy and not expect a ridiculous contract he certainly could be back.

And that Horn stuff is quite hilarious, I mean, remember we would have to trade a pick for him, for one season? How much did he help ATL last year? He is injury prone too, what sense would it make to go from one injured old WR to another except we give up a pick for this guy? We would rather pay Glenn his whole contract and work with what we can get.

If not Koren Robinson makes alot more sense then Horn does.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pass on both Horn and Robinson. They may have some experience on our young guys, but I'd much rather see what Hurd and company can do.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wouldn't mind Spears in the middle, with this system, at all. Best run stopper on the line.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
wouldn't mind Spears in the middle, with this system, at all. Best run stopper on the line.
Been hoping for news like that for what seems like forever. Glad it took Spears himself to come up with a brilliant idea such as that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Last season I watch HBO's show Hard Knocks, which basically followed KC throughout training camp and pre season. It was a pretty good show and I was wondering if they were going to do another season this year.

Turns out they are, and it will be with the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...d-knocks_N.htm

Any of you guys watch this last year? I thought it was pretty interesting.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Last season I watch HBO's show Hard Knocks, which basically followed KC throughout training camp and pre season. It was a pretty good show and I was wondering if they were going to do another season this year.

Turns out they are, and it will be with the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...d-knocks_N.htm

Any of you guys watch this last year? I thought it was pretty interesting.
This is old news...and Hard Knocks has been running for awhile...hell dallas has been on hard knocks before...back when we were terrible.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

hmmm....

Seems like everyone on here owes Rob an apology...

I remember everyone on here, and I mean EVERYONE telling Rob "This isn't madden, you can't move Henry to FS, Roy to LB, and Spears to NT"

Roy to LB has already happened in some packages and the other 2 are about to come to fruition.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
hmmm....

I remember everyone on here, and I mean EVERYONE telling Rob "This isn't madden, you can't move Henry to FS, Roy to LB, and Spears to NT"

Roy to LB has already happened in some packages and the other 2 are about to come to fruition.
Rob was calling for the switch to NT in Parcell's scheme. How is that even comparable to the current situation? Same applies to Roy playing in the box, but a full-time switch to LB is still a bad idea. Henry to FS is still a risk that is not needed.

Have people still not caught on that they are pretty much running a modified 46? I thought we went over that plenty when Wade was hired.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
td#33

Quote:
hmmm....

Funny how that happened.

Also funny how obsessed the DMN is with Roy WIllie's play at SS.

But yeah, I told you so.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per rotoworld, Witten is going to see much more time at WR this season. Boy, was I right or what? I like that we,re trying to get the best players on the field no matter what. Owens, Crayton, and Witten at WR with Bennett at TE may be a bit better in certain situations than Owens, Crayton, and Hurd at WR and Witten at TE.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
hmmm....

Even if that was the case, let's also not forget some of the ridiculous things he said right along with it...He makes some good points, and some horrible ones(too many to list), but he's far far away from being owed some sort of apology, that's not the way it works.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
td#33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Even if that was the case, let's also not forget some of the ridiculous things he said right along with it...He makes some good points, and some horrible ones(too many to list), but he's far far away from being owed some sort of apology, that's not the way it works.
Name one ridiculous thing I have said or for that matter horrible opinions. You are just spouting out of your nose in order to round up sympathy from the sycophants on the site.

Fact is I told u so. Proving correct. Enuff said.

By EOY 2006 ....
Called Roy out.
Called Henry to FS.
Called Spears to NT.
Called the speed upgrade at ILB as key (Zach and Burnett).
Called Bradie over rated.
Called the fact our DB Corps would need to be redone. Finally this off-season.
Called Romo's breakdown of mechanics in the pocket -- particualrly in cold and/or wet weather. Finally this offseason I heard him acknowledge.
Called the team spineless for its late season swoons.

Still calling ....
Kosier out.
Austin to #2 if Glenn is done.
Crayton or Hurd but not both at #3.
Another WR -- preferably very tall -- is needed.
Carp is being wasted for political reasons. Should be traded.
Spencer was a wasted (thought talented) pick given Carp and Ellis.
Stanback will never pan (unfortunately) at WR beyond a #4 or #5.
2 OT in 2007 was a waste (had McQuistan in back up mode) -- take only 1.
Felix is a talented but wasted pick given our options at 22.
Bennet is a talented but wasted pick given Witten and we gave away Fasano.
Tank is still a big fat question mark.
Garrett will not win the big one unless he learns to run the ball consistently.
Wade is over rated as a D guy and is a useless HC.
JJ is a great owner but horrid player personnel guy.

But no worries dog .... I still root for us on Sunday as much as the next fannie. Should be a good year but will be a put up or shut up year for alot of our alleged Pro Bowlers.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez, get over yourself.

Most of the stuff you throw out there are just things you want to happen or things that everyone has been saying forever. You dont need to point out every little thing you get right all the time. No one really cares. You do this all the time. For everything you get right, you say 10 moronic things....but, you still go on and brag or gloat when you get one thing right. Sorry but, seriously...get over yourself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-30-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
td#33

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Geez, get over yourself.

Most of the stuff you throw out there are just things you want to happen or things that everyone has been saying forever. You dont need to point out every little thing you get right all the time. No one really cares. You do this all the time. For everything you get right, you say 10 moronic things....but, you still go on and brag or gloat when you get one thing right. Sorry but, seriously...get over yourself.
So let me see if I get your argument.

You (and others) ban together to insult me and say I know NOTHING of football and now you want me to get over myself when ALL OF YOU are proving out incorrect in your football assertions?

Nice. I think a few other posters here need to "Get Over Themselves" before I need to get on that line.

ROTLFMAO! I just love to see you pom pom fannies eat crow. My only regret is unfortunately my observations takes seasons to play out in this A.D.D. world we live in.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Where have I been proven wrong or incorrect?

I just think it gets kind of old that you really cant seem to get over yourself. Just being honest.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
td#33

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Where have I been proven wrong or incorrect?

I just think it gets kind of old that you really cant seem to get over yourself. Just being honest.
I just can't get over how little most of the alleged knowledgable fannies know about football.

I, also, just can get over what little tolerance most of the alleged knowledgable fannies have to others differing opinions.

I, also, just can get over how poorly most of the alleged knowledgable fannies read other posts.

I, also, just can get over how passioantely most of the alleged knowledgable fannies make up things, say you said them, then rant and rave ad nauseum beating up an obviously silly idea.

Just being honest!

Austin over Hurd. In fact, Austin will become a number 1 if god willing Jerry Jones and Bob Big Boy don't interfere. He is so far the most impressive player in the OTA. Can't wait till all the folks sweating Stanback and Hurd have to see this kid play and break a few of those slant routes for 40,50 yards..
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the world is this guy allowed to come back with countless aliases? I'm pretty darn sure there's a rule against that, and this board was a lot more comfortable and peaceful without that rambling old man here.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How in the world is this guy allowed to come back with countless aliases? I'm pretty darn sure there's a rule against that, and this board was a lot more comfortable and peaceful without that rambling old man here.
Just hit ignore. That's what I do every time he pops up with another alias.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Just hit ignore. That's what I do every time he pops up with another alias.
Pretty much, It gets old arguing with him over the same things, its like he wants a pat on the head for the correct things he said or something, I don't know, I thought he was like 45 years old and I don't know too many old men that have the need to feel that way but w/e...I have pretty much all of his alias' on ignore, much easier that way, I just let him talk to himself.

Quote: