Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-12-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish i could tell who said what.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miles was just on ESPN and said after watching film, his routes really werent that good, he was just able to make plays after he caught it. Seemed really humble about it all

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob likes attention more then he does talking about football, you can tell from every one of his post, he's more concerned with telling people they were wrong about something and what he was right about.

I'm pretty sure there were legit reasons for all the times he's been banned but it sure does seem like he's getting pampered all of a sudden for some reason...I try to stay out of all that and just chime in w/ football talk but every few pages this comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found an old post for you rob
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.
I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

Quote:
He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.
I also would seriously look at the NE staff, particularly the DB Coach. With the talent they have lost ... wow. To still be this good.
If Parcells is still the coach...it will be one of his guys I'm afraid.
TO for Jenkins straight up. We need a guy to throw fades and jump balls too.
Maybe in madded :roll:

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was he referring to... Michael.. Jenkins???
Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes...I love going back in the thread and reading old arguements...so many stupid things were said by EVERYONE. It is awesome.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Yes...I love going back in the thread and reading old arguements...so many stupid things were said by EVERYONE. It is awesome.
I'm trying to go back to find some stuff i've said.. i'm pretty sure i've never said anything too ridiculous.

The biggest thing i can admit is thinking Felix was gonna bust. But i think a lot of us were wrong there, lol.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized that after 5 games we are averaging 420 ypg and 6.8 ypg both tops in the NFL. The problem is on third down were only converting 36.7% and we lead the league with 37 penalties. To think what we could do/be if we just played smarter.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I just realized that after 5 games we are averaging 420 ypg and 6.8 ypg both tops in the NFL. The problem is on third down were only converting 36.7% and we lead the league with 37 penalties. To think what we could do/be if we just played smarter.
Fixable things. It's why I'm ok with where we're at in the standings. If we lost to KC... yikes... things would be completely different.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The sad part is I still rather have Mike Jenkins than TO.

And the context of that conversation which I remember vividly was:

1. Vick was floundering cuz he sucks
2. Rumors were ATL was looking for a WR to save Vick's career.
3. I hated TO and said trade him straight for Jenkins.
4. TO lived in ATL
5. Everyone HERE said the ATL WRs sucked including White and Jenkins
6. I said no, that Vick sucked not the WR

My memory is lots better than most. And fact is I was right there too. So much for Madden.

Find a new one sport.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Rob likes attention more then he does talking about football, you can tell from every one of his post, he's more concerned with telling people they were wrong about something and what he was right about.

I'm pretty sure there were legit reasons for all the times he's been banned but it sure does seem like he's getting pampered all of a sudden for some reason...I try to stay out of all that and just chime in w/ football talk but every few pages this comes up.
What is there to discuss, I don't blindly repeat what others say.

I generate my own analysis and conclusions.

So no sense in talking football with folks who regurjjjjjj Blogging the Boys.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He sure did look good, it was disturbing to see some of those early TD drops though, those are plays a big time WR makes, both TD's, so he's not quite there yet but he can blossom into a weapon.

Makes my sig quote look sexy too :D
I saw Witten drop a big pass yesterday just like Miles.

We see Roy drop them just like Austin.

We saw TO drop them just like Austin.

I just saw Braylon drop one just like Austin.

But since he is Austin and no one could translate what they saw to results .... they now still complain about his drops.

Of which two were simply not very good throws, catchable, but not so good..

I am still trying to find a WR who makes as much of the few opportunities he has been given.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.
I am moderating, you seem to be a Raiders fan which would mean you are breaking the rules of this forum. Go post that in the Raiders team thread and discuss the rules. It would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing in this conversation.
I was discussing the Cowboys Mr. Ward until you posted the "bull crap" line. Going forward, I would prefer if you put me on ignore unless I am doing something bad or abusive. Thanks.

This is an awesome post from way back in the day
And my point still stands....

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is/was.

Comparing AL Davis to Jerry as a GM is like comparing Tom Landry to Dave Campo.

Saying so does not make me a Raiders fan in any fashion.

And last I check Al Davis was in a SB this decade, which is more than Jerrah can say.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 10-13-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Watching the Miami Dolphins play today made me sick.

It really says something about their O staff seeing them bring in players and formations constantly and they play smoothly, no mistakes, guys are in the right place....

Then I see the Cowboys and think .... god with our talent imagine if Sparano would have been given the JOB HE EARNED instead of bringing in Jerrah's lackey boy?

ANd BTW, I thought Sparano should have been promoted to OC in 2007 at minimum.

Pretty clear he kept them tighter and better drilled than Red and Meatball.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
And my point still stands....

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is.

Comparing AL Davis to Jerry as a GM is like comparing Dave Campo to Tom Landry.
Wait....what?

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Wait....what?
Yes, Al Davis is lots more accomplished as a GM (Football Man) than Jones.

Al, today, is nuts but folks forget he was not always the case.

Memories are short but history was not invented yesterday.

And yes, Al has gone less time than Jerrah in winning a playoff game and going to the SB.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, Al Davis is lots more accomplished as a GM (Football Man) than Jones.

Al, today, is nuts but folks forget he was not always the case.

Memories are short but history was not invented yesterday.

And yes, Al has gone less time than Jerrah in winning a playoff game and going to the SB.
You're clearly a Raider fan, GTFO. :D
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
You're clearly a Raider fan, GTFO. :D
Absolutely.

Anyway, poor Al. I feel bad for that entire organization. More concerned about finding ever-increasingly ornate jump suits and getting Al warm tea than finding and teaching players how to play. Sad.

God, how many top 5 picks have they simply blown in the last 5-6 years? Do they teach anything of value other than toking blunts in Oakland?

Good news however is if you run under 4.4 no matter how bad a football player you are -- you have a chance at drawing a check in Oakland.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watching the Miami Dolphins play today made me sick.
So I guess you missed the other Dolphins' games. Why weren't you talking about Sparano when he started the season 0-3?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
So I guess you missed the other Dolphins' games. Why weren't you talking about Sparano when he started the season 0-3?
Forrest and Trees.

Did you see how many Offensive Penalties and simply stupid plays they had?? Or better yet how they executed multiple personnel packages with relative ease? Or playing a Rookie QB and making him look good?

Did you see their schedule or even consider it? Or for that matter how they have actually played week-in, week-out? Or the fact they lost their starting QB? Or fact they are not nearly as talented as Dallas is?

But thanks for contributing!!!!!

PS. Sadly you believe Jerrah + Wade >>>>>>> Parcells + Sparano.

Enjoy the sun in Sardinia. Ever been to Napolean's castle-in-exile?

Last edited by herniateddisc : 10-13-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Fixable things. It's why I'm ok with where we're at in the standings. If we lost to KC... yikes... things would be completely different.
I agree that these are fixable things, but what gives you any confidence that this staff can do it? We've been looking at these same things for more than 2 seasons.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
But that's kinda my point. What gives you any indication that he will turn that around. Wade has coached here for over 35 games. I think we have plenty of history to go on. This is going to be 9-7 at best unless something drastic happens.
Thank you, Mac. That was my point too, 13 freaking penalties per game is on the coaches & several underachieving players, we know who they are.

And it's the elephant in the living room. It's apparent to the entire NFL that this is a very badly coached team. If Jerry Jones isn't on the phone to Shanahan's agent or any other available NFL HC's agent that won't result in tampering charges, he's just not trying.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Thank you, Mac. That was my point too, 13 freaking penalties per game is on the coaches & several underachieving players, we know who they are.

And it's the elephant in the living room. It's apparent to the entire NFL that this is a very badly coached team. If Jerry Jones isn't on the phone to Shanahan's agent or any other available NFL HC's agent that won't result in tampering charges, he's just not trying.
The elephant in the room is Jones himself.

We are on a merry-go-round with his nut.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay Rob-I have defended you in the past. But saying Al Davis is a better football guy than Jerry? You are just being a shock jock now. I wont defend Jerry, but Al is the worst in the league! Only Matt Millen (WHo is not in football anymore) has been worse in the last few years, off the top of my head.

Prove my point? I don't have to prove anything. I will just say this...

Darius Heyward Bey

JaMarcus Russell

Whoever the heck it was they drafted in the second round this year

The guy has gone completely nuts.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis has done more for football than Jerry ever has. Come on now guys.

Im not trying to sound like a hater, but seriously, go back and look at what Al Davis has done for football. Not just as an owner, but as an innovator on the football field.

Davis has forgotten more about football (literally) than Jerry Jones ever knew.

Don't let the present fool you. Its a shame what Al's senility has done to his perception as a football guy. He was one of the best in the business for a long long time.