Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The thing is that Sensy and Sharper play different positions. Now the safety position is pretty vague in the NFL nowadays however Sensy is the SS in our scheme. Sharper is a true FS. Sensy excels in man. Sharper excels in zone reading the QB. Why cut a player and sign a player who plays a different position. Cut Sensy....we just gave him a 2nd round tender...not saying he can't be cut...just saying it isn't happening until after TC if at all. And I don't forsee that happening as he is the best S on our roster.

Sharper looked worst than Roy Williams in man last year....he almost cost the Saints the Super Bowl. So I don't get all the love.

We didn't pursue him when he left GB...we didn't pursue him when he left MN....and we haven't been linked to him now. It's fun to talk about but it's a safe bet we aren't looking in that direction.
I know all that. I got caught up in the memory of wanting him a long time ago.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Everyone is saying Dallas is going WR b/c Jerry made some noises about the receivers invited to Vally Ranch this wk.

He spent a lot of facetime with Ohio U. WR Taylor Price, so everyone is saying Dallas will take him in the 2nd rd. Uhhhh, checking my PFT mag, he's the 26th-ranked WR in this draft. But if that 4.33 40 time listed is accurate (& it may well be an exaggeration), maybe that's the source of this new interest. Call me overlooking the obvious if I don't point out that Jerry loves to spread this horse manure around every April.

BTW the PFW mag says Price tends to body the ball, has no agility, doesnt catch with his hands, & runs awful routes. I think that translates as a project in the NFL & you don't draft projects in the 2nd rd.
PFW has him at 74 overall. I don't like him as much as a ton of guys in that range. I'd rather have Decker or Ford or a handful of other guys.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone is saying Dallas is going WR b/c Jerry made some noises about the receivers invited to Vally Ranch this wk.
Everyone is saying it now, but I've been saying arguing it here for a long time now, so you shouldn't sound surprised. ;)
Old 04-08-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
PFW has him at 74 overall. I don't like him as much as a ton of guys in that range. I'd rather have Decker or Ford or a handful of other guys.
I love Decker, but I just don't see him being a realistic value to us. He's purely a possession receiver and I think we need a burner.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't pursue him when he left GB...we didn't pursue him when he left MN....and we haven't been linked to him now. It's fun to talk about but it's a safe bet we aren't looking in that direction.
All of this.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is that Sensy and Sharper play different positions. Now the safety position is pretty vague in the NFL nowadays however Sensy is the SS in our scheme. Sharper is a true FS. Sensy excels in man. Sharper excels in zone reading the QB. Why cut a player and sign a player who plays a different position. Cut Sensy....we just gave him a 2nd round tender...not saying he can't be cut...just saying it isn't happening until after TC if at all. And I don't forsee that happening as he is the best S on our roster.

Sharper looked worst than Roy Williams in man last year....he almost cost the Saints the Super Bowl. So I don't get all the love.

I agree with all of this Thule. Sensy is a SS and did a great job in man to man, Sharper is completely different and would have a different role. I'm not ready to sign Sensy to a huge deal and have it turn into a Hamlin situation, but in no way does he need to be cut. If we can get a FS who can cover exceptionally well and create turnovers we will be putting another upgrade out on the field that benefits us tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May as well float the idea.

Ted Ginn may be available on the super cheap (5th rnd->). For a proven returner with lightning speed I wouldn't be adverse to sending a 6th or even possibly next yr 5th to see if we could get him on-board as a slot receiver / returner. He has the dropsies which is concerning but given that Miami has now buried him on the depth chart he'll be much easier to pry away.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I could give only a fifth for Ginn I would do it in a heartbeat. Only because I don't think you can realistically expect anything from the average 5th round pick. I would be soooo in on this trade.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
If I could give only a fifth for Ginn I would do it in a heartbeat. Only because I don't think you can realistically expect anything from the average 5th round pick. I would be soooo in on this trade.
Now they have Marshall. So, nah, that passing attack went from bad to pretty good with Brandon. Ginn ain't going nowhere.

Marshall on one end with Ginn and 3/4 = Camarillo and Bess. OK Corps.

Don't be shocked if second round the AZ TE is around Parcells makes a play or the Pitt TE to complement Fasano.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well Ginn is gone to SF for a 5th rounder. Jerry continues to sit on his fingers and watch. Ginn would've been a nice addition here. My nightmare is Jerry drafting Brandon Lafell.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My nightmare is us trading our 1st and 2nd back and having our first pick at the end of the 3rd round...

Not going after Ginn when he was available for a freaking 5th is something I think we are going to look back on and think it was a major mistake.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
My nightmare is us trading our 1st and 2nd back and having our first pick at the end of the 3rd round...

Not going after Ginn when he was available for a freaking 5th is something I think we are going to look back on and think it was a major mistake.
Well, we didn't have a 5th and I wouldn't have given up anything higher.

..but DAMN!!! We have Bobby Carpenter and Marcus Spears!!! Parcells would've taken either of them, I'M SURE!!!

...freakin' Jerry...
Old 04-17-2010, 04:09 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, we didn't have a 5th and I wouldn't have given up anything higher.

..but DAMN!!! We have Bobby Carpenter and Marcus Spears!!! Parcells would've taken either of them, I'M SURE!!!

...freakin' Jerry...
Sorry D, but we both know that Carpenter and Spears have more of a place on this roster than Ginn. Though Ginn would certainly add something on special teams (and I would've loved that explosiveness too), he'd be hard-pressed to beat out any of our other 5 wide receivers, especially given the fact that he can't participate in any other special teams units.

On the other end, Spears and Carpenter have established roles on this team, are accustomed to the scheme, and come at a lower cost. Oh and they'd actually get substantial playing time in the actual defense.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trog is right there. Jerry has a long history of doing stupid **** like trading back on draft day. Trading out of the 1st rd. is almost always counterproductive & bites you in the ass later, Jerry pulls the trigger on that impulsively when he sees the guy he's creaming in his jeans over is taken, it's a classic short-term gain, but long-term pain move that draftnik amateurs make.

If he does this again in a wk, lock him in a hotel suite with a minibar stocked with Jack Black & let the real NFL personnel professionals run a decent draft for a change. Let our owner cry in his expensive hootch about how Parcells who "ain't worth a ****" stole their GM & their whole Valley Ranch front office 3 yrs ago.

On a more positive topic, do you think the team has a realistic shot at Trent Williams at #27? Will that alleged run on 1st rd. OTs be over before then ? I think those answers are No, & Yes.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-17-2010 at 10:52 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Trog is right there. Jerry has a long history of doing stupid **** like trading back on draft day. Trading out of the 1st rd. is almost always counterproductive & bites you in the ass later, Jerry pulls the trigger on that impulsively when he sees the guy he's creaming in his jeans over is taken, it's a classic short-term gain, but long-term pain move that draftnik amateurs make.

If he does this again in a wk, lock him in a hotel suite with a minibar stocked with Jack Black & let the real NFL personnel professionals run a decent draft for a change. Let our owner cry in his expensive hootch about how Parcells who "ain't worth a ****" stole their GM & their whole Valley Ranch front office 3 yrs ago.

On a more positive topic, do you think the team has a realistic shot at Trent Williams at #27? Will that alleged run on 1st rd. OTs be over before then ? I think those answers are No, & Yes.
There's no way Trent Williams makes it out of the top 10. There's just too much potential there, and too many teams in need of a tackle.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the only Dallas game exclusively broadcast by NFL Network --

From NFL.com via the schedule thread:

at Arizona Cardinals, Saturday, Dec. 25 -- A pair of 2009 division champions meet in the special Christmas game in Arizona. Star power on both offenses will be on display with Cowboys QB Tony Romo and Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald.

Not crazy about this on Christmas day, since I have Comcast ripoff cable service provider, NFL Network games are sports bar games.

Could have been worse: on Thanksgiving Day. Want to bet Jerry argued for the Turkey Day game on NFLN that night but was given Christmas at Zona as compensation?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I bet Jerry is gonna argue for that NFLN spot for years until he gets it. That Saints match-up this year easily should be on NFL Network.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why all this talk about drafting or obtaining a WR? Have you guys forgot we have Roy Williams? We gave up a lot, but made it happen and got him here. He is gonna kill it this year.

:)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Top ten talent @24. Sign me up. Local product... sign me up. Return abilities.... Dez was exceptional value at that point.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- According to a source, the Cowboys have given agent Fred Lyles permission to seek a trade for wide receiver Patrick Crayton, a DeSoto, Texas native.

After the selection of Dez Bryant on Thursday night in the first round of the NFL Draft, two receivers have been shopped to other teams. Thursday night, Sam Hurd was placed on the trade blocks after his agent, Ian Greengross expressed concerns over his clients role with the team.

Crayton most likely will lose the punt returner job to Bryant and his spot on the depth chart as the No. 3 wideout.

With the club seeking more playing time for Kevin Ogletree, that also pushes Crayton's status with the team in doubt.

This is from just about 30 minutes ago, not a huge surprise or anything, but pretty recent. We should be able to get a decent offer for him though.

Be nice to get his loud mouth ass outta here anyway :) We give him too much air time like he's our team spokesman. I had to listen to Barbie Carpenter on First Take this morning on ESPN2, like wtf?! I'm so sick of ESPN picking these lower level scrubs to speak for the team.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah good luck finding Ogletree anymore PT, he'd basically have Hurd's ****** role. We should have had a rotation...but really, we only see the top three guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jerry really needs to solidify the Offensive Line DEPTH before the start of the season.

It's become apparent that we will once again have a strong passing attack. Therefore, we'll need to have strong pass protection from our Offensive Line. Last year, they ranked 26th in the league in pass protection. Near the top in run blocking though. I don't know if cutting Flozell will be enough to improve our pass protection enough to the point where it becomes a strength. Houck likes big OL, but I hope the ones we get today/tomorrow can be assets in the passing game. The fact that they were looking at Charles Brown gives me hope that Houck may be changing his ways...since Brown isn't the typical massive OL that Houck usually looks for.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah good luck finding Ogletree anymore PT, he'd basically have Hurd's ****** role. We should have had a rotation...but really, we only see the top three guys.
Ogletree will get plenty of PT, no doubt about that at all. He's still going to get alot better himself and already looked great last year. He's a very good young player with a tremendous amount of support from Jerry Jones, we'll see lots of Ogletree next season and beyond.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll know if he's changing his ways if he takes someone like Brown or Asamoah. I didnt even include Asamoah on my little big board.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ogletree will get plenty of PT, no doubt about that at all. He's still going to get alot better himself and already looked great last year. He's a very good young player with a tremendous amount of support from Jerry Jones, we'll see lots of Ogletree next season and beyond.
Again, good luck. Hurd and Ogletree didnt see the field much with Roy Williams dropping everything thrown in his direction. And Witten/Bennett line up at WR frequently. Our 4th WR doesnt have a great role on this team. Maybe that changes, but things got much cloudier.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS