Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, the WR corps are loaded. I agree, you guys have a dilema at the slot, but I see young capable people. Miles Austin, couldnt have a better name for a Dallas Cowboys.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Miles Austin, couldnt have a better name for a Dallas Cowboys.
If you ask Steve Young, it's Austin Miles. lol. ******* ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no "ideal" size for a slot guy.

Some teams like to play big guys in the slot. The league def. favors the speedy/quick player in the slot now. But it really doesnt matter, whatever works.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Vikings had Jake Reed, Cris Carter and Randy Moss, Carter would line up in the slot from time to time. Maybe you can have a slot WR, by commitee, lol. Steve Young is horrible, and whats up with his hair? The dude looks like he is using shampoo from the dollar store.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There is no "ideal" size for a slot guy.

Some teams like to play big guys in the slot. The league def. favors the speedy/quick player in the slot now. But it really doesnt matter, whatever works.
It wasn't a matter of "what works" or "ideal size". It was a matter of adding versatility. Making it tougher for defenses to defend.

Don't get me wrong... having Dez Bryant in the slot in his rookie year makes me PLENTY happy! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a hard time seeing as to how we're going to use RW this year. I mean, we've had him for almost 2 full seasons and we still don't know what he can give us. I'm thinking the best role for him would be a 3rd down guy, who Tony can look to underneath to move the chains. Only problem is you need to have trust with those guys, I don't think there is much trust between them right now.

It's really a shame, it's one of those situations where you just scratch your head. Really a big disappointment.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing as to how we're going to use RW this year. I mean, we've had him for almost 2 full seasons and we still don't know what he can give us. I'm thinking the best role for him would be a 3rd down guy, who Tony can look to underneath to move the chains. Only problem is you need to have trust with those guys, I don't think there is much trust between them right now.

It's really a shame, it's one of those situations where you just scratch your head. Really a big disappointment.
Redzone and posts are the two areas where he can help this football team in 2010. Anything on top of that would be exceeding expectations at this point I think. I think we'll see a better player than we did out of 2009...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant before the draft if his mom was still a prostitute.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lack-of-class/

The dolphins organization is turning around but they still havenn't allowed a press conference for Zach Thomas or even sign him for a day so he can retire a Dolphin and basically dicked Jason Taylor arround by saying wait til after the draft and we'll let you know if we need you.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant before the draft if his mom was still a prostitute.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lack-of-class/

The dolphins organization is turning around but they still havenn't allowed a press conference for Zach Thomas or even sign him for a day so he can retire a Dolphin and basically dicked Jason Taylor arround by saying wait til after the draft and we'll let you know if we need you.
Did he really ask him that? Hard to believe he would ask him that straight to his face. VERY hard to believe that... If so, Jeff Ireland is a complete douche. I'd lose ALL respect for him. That's low class.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did he really ask him that? Hard to believe he would ask him that straight to his face. VERY hard to believe that... If so, Jeff Ireland is a complete douche. I'd lose ALL respect for him. That's low class.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5140313

Jeff Ireland apologizes for what he said. Yep, he said it.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I don't even know what to say. Low class trash.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ireland needs to be punished for that. Lets see Godell execute conduct policy with executives. Yes it's an interview but what the hell does that have to do with anything. Even if it's true who cares. Does being the child of a prostitute, drug dealer, crimanal, etc, mean you are a bad person? Anyways all of this Dez character talk was blown way out of proportion. If anything his keeping his cool in this situation shows strong character to me. I fcking hate that I have to see him 2 times a year because I truly believe he could be an elite WR in this league, granted Roy Williams doesn't rub off on him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't believe this, what a dick move. He wouldn't of apoligized if it truly wasn't. I also love what Wilbon said, that's why I love Wilbon so much.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Ireland's question is simply unacceptable, why in the world would you even consider asking that? I want to see this guy fined, pronto!

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I've been thinking, and how far do you think Roy could get us in talks for OJ from the Rams? It isn't all that crazy.

1. They just drafted Bradford, and spent other picks bolstering their offensive line with Saffold, as far as weapons all they have are #2 options. Avery opposite Roy isn't bad for a young QB like Bradford and Roy's still the best option they would have until they draft one.

2. It still looks like they'll lose OJ, this way they would get some sort of return.

3. I'm not naive enough to think it would be player for player, but I'd be all for Roy and a pick to get OJ and then see if we can sign him to a small extension.

Roy's contract makes him tough to trade, but STL has plenty of cap space, getting Roy at least makes drafting a WR not such an immediate need. Judging by their QB situation Bradford will be playing sooner then later, and their group of WR's is well below average.

I wouldn't want to sign OJ to a 5 or 6 year deal, but it would be nice to have him for at least 2 more seasons and see what we had with AOA at that point.

Guess I'm just throwing options out there, but it makes some sense for STL. I can't figure out what their doing with him though.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody will take that contract. He's one of the highest paid receivers in the league, he wont restructure, and he plays like a 4th WR, who cant catch.

Roy's contract makes him impossible to trade...Carp has more trade value at this point...and no one wants him, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys Big Board Leaked

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...eaked-pictures
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
That's cool!

I also posted this a while back...
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...8&#post2149758
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is pretty cool to see, we had Sean Lee rated pretty high up there, sunds good by me.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching NFL Live today they said Bryant didnt run the 40 at the Combine then had a Pro Day & showed up without cleats -- said he forgot them. Anyone else see this?

I saw tape of him in the pass-catching drill at what looked like the Combine. Maybe not there b/c he had no shirt.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Watching NFL Live today they said Bryant didnt run the 40 at the Combine then had a Pro Day & showed up without cleats -- said he forgot them. Anyone else see this?

I saw tape of him in the pass-catching drill at what looked like the Combine. Maybe not there b/c he had no shirt.
Very bad reporting, a good reason he fell to us was the media's vendetta to make him a 'bad boy' character. =) To t-shirt-less workout was his pro day. I streamed it over the net for a while but like all pro-days it makes the prospect look amazing.

He had 6 pairs he wanted to bring to his workout and his favorite pair had been taken out of the bag and left so he was forced to workout with his other 5 pairs. It's not like he ran with someone else's shoes... or barefoot. He was probably still wondering why he didn't ask if Ireland's mom was a prostitute was a rebuttal to that question during his interview. -_-
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heard Jerry tried to move up into the 3rd rd.! Looking at the board, it looks like Navarro Bowman was the player! They had him rated as a 1st!

Whoa - Both Penn St. Lb's!
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
Heard Jerry tried to move up into the 3rd rd.! Looking at the board, it looks like Navarro Bowman was the player! They had him rated as a 1st!

Whoa - Both Penn St. Lb's!
Where did you hear that? You sure do like exclamation points eh?

Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, the WR corps are loaded. I agree, you guys have a dilema at the slot, but I see young capable people. Miles Austin, couldnt have a better name for a Dallas Cowboys.
I think what you will see some this year and definately in 2011 forward is Austin, Bryant and Ogletree as the slot. I think Ogletree and Bryant will take most of Crayton's snaps and with RW being gone after this year, the future is Austin, Bryant & Ogletree.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Very bad reporting, a good reason he fell to us was the media's vendetta to make him a 'bad boy' character. =) To t-shirt-less workout was his pro day. I streamed it over the net for a while but like all pro-days it makes the prospect look amazing.

He had 6 pairs he wanted to bring to his workout and his favorite pair had been taken out of the bag and left so he was forced to workout with his other 5 pairs. It's not like he ran with someone else's shoes... or barefoot. He was probably still wondering why he didn't ask if Ireland's mom was a prostitute was a rebuttal to that question during his interview. -_-
I think part of the reason that he fell was that WR wasn't this huge need for a lot of teams. It was a need that some teams could/should use, but no one had a big glaring need for one outside of a few teams that had glaring needs everywhere.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote