Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

We need to spend premium picks of the interior o-line in the next 3 years. We're set with young quality depth everywhere else. Now get Kosier, Gurode, and Davis' future replacement. It's not sexy and it isn't jerry, but it needs to be done.

Also, interior lineman in the first round are probly the safest picks. Just swallow your pride and do it jerry. It's for the best.

That, and a legit playmaking safety, and we're GOLDEN.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully we draft one of Pouncey/Wisniewski/Moffitt
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Pouncey and no one else. He can play Center or Guard, and highly unlikely he bust. Oh how bad do I want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the game, but I don't like hearing how bad Brewster looked. From what I've seen of him this preseason, he looks better on the right side than the left. Like thule said, I think he should get more reps inside because he might be a better fit there.

Did McGee save his job? If he didn't, then maybe that gives someone on one of the crowded defensive units a chance. I like Siavii, Brent, Leon Williams, and McCann. They've really made a good case to be on the team, so if McGee didn't save his job there may be hope.

As for next year talk, the number one priority will probably be the line. The starters are getting old, and depth is a concern.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was shocked when I saw the final box score. Never would have guessed Mcgee would go for 300. ha. It's encouraging, at least. I havent liked what I've seen at all....but this is certainly a step in the right direction. And he saved his ass with that performance.

And I agree with the guys who want O-Line. Hell, RT may be a priortity early on. Colombo hasnt looked good since returning from last year's injury and he's not even healthy now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that Crayton and his agent are planning on asking for his release. I loved his consistency...but as many of us have been saying. Hurd probably would have been just as effective or more so, given the same role. I fully believe Hurd is the better player. Crayton just had the trust.

Now if we would only sack up and cut and/or bench Williams. Miles, Dez, and Sam all day. :D haha. I can dream, but we may be one step closer to this. Dez and Sam on the outside with Miles in the slot in 3 WR sets. Sounds sexy.

I have my hopes up now...so if we cut or trade Hurd, I'm gonna be pissed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

No ****, but Dez just looks awesome on the sideline. I can't wait. haha. I hope Garrett gives him the freakin ball next sunday.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I say Rucker over Gronkowski. A full back is a fullback. Did you see that catch by rucker? I know it was against third teamers... but he threw that linebacker off his back after a 3 yard out pattern and went for 20 yards. He has upside you don't want to throw out.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronkowsi has impressed enough to play that H-back position though, and that's why he'll probably be picked ahead of Rucker. Gronkowski could still stick around as a fullback next year while Rucker would just be keeping Phillips' seat warm for when he comes back next year.

I practically agree with all of MOTH's predictions except keeping McCray. I could see it, but I have a feeling that they'll favor Leon Williams instead.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Jamar Wall, he looks so lost, ugh. I absolutely hated the pick, and hate it even more now. Especially when I hear about late round CB's like Perrish Cox, Syd'Quan Thompson(who looks excellent), Sam Shields(who was undrafted, and looks excellent and is already their #3), and the CB that the Falcons picked up around the 5th round from OU(name is slipping my mind now but I wanted him also).

There were lots of finds but we missed the ball. Corner is a big need STILL. As soon as Newman gets hurt we have a liability, and still we need another future starter and I wanted a late round guy who could maybe develop into that guy.

I wish Michael Hawkins had never gotten hurt last Training Camp, he was making plays all over the field and would easily be our best 4th CB right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I go into the draft like this. Interior O-line is my main priority, and picking at the end of the first round, thats the perfect spot to get a quality C/OG. Now, I'd settle for a playmaking safety and say thanks sensabaugh for your 3 years but your JAG, or a DE or CB that falls. Or some BPA like a Dez Bryant, but I really want to address this interior o-line. It's almost can't miss, then our offense is set for 5+ years.

EDIT: It's not even being a homer, our offense is stacked. Just get our C and OG's of the future and were golden.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm the first to post about this? Damn. Anyway...if you havent heard, Crayton was traded to San Diego for a 7th round pick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I hate Jamar Wall, he looks so lost, ugh. I absolutely hated the pick, and hate it even more now. Especially when I hear about late round CB's like Perrish Cox, Syd'Quan Thompson(who looks excellent), Sam Shields(who was undrafted, and looks excellent and is already their #3), and the CB that the Falcons picked up around the 5th round from OU(name is slipping my mind now but I wanted him also).

There were lots of finds but we missed the ball. Corner is a big need STILL. As soon as Newman gets hurt we have a liability, and still we need another future starter and I wanted a late round guy who could maybe develop into that guy.

I wish Michael Hawkins had never gotten hurt last Training Camp, he was making plays all over the field and would easily be our best 4th CB right now.
Perrish Cox was bound to be good...as for pure football talent, I would have taken him in the first. I didnt think he'd fall quite like a rock. But the Broncos got a steal. Wall was actually looking pretty decent early...sounds like he had a bad one yesterday. I still have to wait a little while before seeing the game. I did see Hurd's highlight, at least. <3

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah just heard. Really, a 7th? Really?

Crayton must be happy though. Landing in a Pass Happy Offense with one of the best QB's in the league. Not to mention the beautiful Whales Vagina.

Last edited by Paul : 09-03-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny thing is...I think Hurd may have netted us a 6th from someone.

That said...I hope we intend to keep Hurd now. Some are still speculating that he could still be on the outs, but that makes little sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Crayton has been on my hit list for a while. Glad to cross his name off the list.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

He's worth for to this team than a 7th... but whatever.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For sure, but you almost never get equal value here.

Look at most trades involving receivers...save, Roy Williams. :/ Players for picks in general dont normally add up around this time, either. But yeah, Santonio Holmes was had for a bag of peanuts.

In reality...guys like Holmes, Boldin, Marshall...all should have 1st round equivalents. Based on the fact that you're more than likely not going to find a better receiver in the 1st round right now. But it doesnt work that way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

For a second I thought I heard that Crayton was traded for a 2nd rounder next year. I ran to the tv and got disappointed that the Chargers weren't dumb enough to send a 2nd for Crayton. lol

Oh well, it's good that they got something out of him. Now that opens up more chances for Hurd if he stays. This is probably Roy's last year, so when he leaves I'd rather have Hurd as that number 3 guy behind Dez and Miles.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We better keep Hurd...I mean, rounding out the receiving core with Ogletree and Holley doesnt sound too great. Hell, I'd call Hurd the 4th receiver right now again, based on performance, rotation, and responsibilty we saw in the preseason. He looks like he's passed Ogletree on the depth chart, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We better keep Hurd...I mean, rounding out the receiving core with Ogletree and Holley doesnt sound too great. Hell, I'd call Hurd the 4th receiver right now again, based on performance, rotation, and responsibilty we saw in the preseason. He looks like he's passed Ogletree on the depth chart, imo.
Ogletree can't touch Hurd with a 10 foot pole.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded Crayton and kept Hurd. Good news for all.

Got rid of the mouthy receiver and kept the quiet one.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat McQuistan got traded to the Dolphins.

What can you all tell me about him?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Pat McQuistan got traded to the Dolphins.

What can you all tell me about him?
That only Bill Parcells would do a thing like that.

2 turds off my team in 1 day??? This is special!

What'd we get?
Old 09-03-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That only Bill Parcells would do a thing like that.

2 turds off my team in 1 day??? This is special!

What'd we get?
Dont know yet but I'm guessing it would be either a 6th or 7th.

And can you actually give me a scouting report on him besides him being a turd?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote