Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let go....we are ready for the season.

I will start posting on the 2011 Draft topic now....LOL

I am lookinig at a OL or Safety....and maybe a RB for depth.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to see McCann and Wall go. They could've had an nice future being a decent 4th option and good special teamers. At least Campo likes Teddy Williams. That's a good sign for a practice squad guy when someone with a good background like Campo likes you. I wonder how well he can handle the incoming competition. It seems that the Cowboys of the past few years have really found some good defensive prospects in multiple places, and I would bet that the same thing happens again next year.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I was very surprised to see Jamar Wall cut. Thoughts from those that have followed closely this preseason?

I wasn't surprised, dude sucked ass, I didn't expect him to be lockdown but I did want to see a guy who could be a solid nickle or dime corner eventually. He was doing things HS CB's get bitched at over, turning the wrong way, showing no ball skills, terrible pick at the time and he was even worse on our team.

Surprised to see Gilbert gone, but do we really need another 3-4 DE? Will he be better then Hatcher or Bowen? If not were not gonna put him on our 53, I'd absolutely love him on the PS(but I bet the Bears do too), he may not of been best for a 4-3 but it's not like he didn't fit there too, dude is probably a bust for them 2 drop him this fast.

Sean Smith was benched also, so alot of those guys we wanted there aren't doing too much because I wanted both of those guys.

It's also extremely funny Carp was cut, that makes me lolzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Sam Hurd did eat Smith's lunch with that TD and a pass interference call against. :D

Smith was all over him on the deep ball, though. Hurd edged away a little at the end and Mcgee threw a pretty one. Hurd has always had great deep speed.

Smith has all the talent in the world...he just makes a lot of bone headed mistakes right now. Pretty funny that they're starting Jason Allen ahead of him, though.

edit...related...I always find it interesting that opposing teams articles/blogs always refer Hurd to as "speedy". I mean Sam has def. gotten faster since he's entered the league, but I'm not sure "speedy" would be the proper moniker. His speed is certainly underrated among our fans, at least. I'd say he's more balanced, then just possession. Still no burner, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis Johnson landed on the Rams PS.

And as for more Bobby...I wonder where he goes from here? It doesnt look too good for him. Guy was still soft as hell playing OLB for the Rams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bobby goes home to drink some frosty chocolate milkshakes, and he calls it a career.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surprised to see Gilbert gone, but do we really need another 3-4 DE? Will he be better then Hatcher or Bowen? If not were not gonna put him on our 53, I'd absolutely love him on the PS(but I bet the Bears do too), he may not of been best for a 4-3 but it's not like he didn't fit there too, dude is probably a bust for them 2 drop him this fast.
Quote:
As for Gilbert......it was just one of those players who people just fall in love before the draft. Where are all those posters who bashed the cowboys for not drafting in back than.
This poster is still right here among all the others screaming for Glbert. Dallas was too overt in their desire to draft him, Chicago had the pick before n the 2nd rd. & took him right from under their noses. Dallas didnt play its cards close enough to the vest.

He was Tommie Harris' backup at DT in their 4-3, totally out of position, became expendable IMO when they traded for Peppers & paid him a king's ransom. On those iffy 3rd & 5 or 6 situations I would rather have him in there at DE than ******* Marcus Spears. Say what you want but Gilbert gives you some push at DE.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
This poster is still right here among all the others screaming for Glbert. Dallas was too overt in their desire to draft him, Chicago had the pick before n the 2nd rd. & took him right from under their noses. Dallas didnt play its cards close enough to the vest.

He was Tommie Harris' backup at DT in their 4-3, totally out of position, became expendable IMO when they traded for Peppers & paid him a king's ransom. On those iffy 3rd & 5 or 6 situations I would rather have him in there at DE than ******* Marcus Spears. Say what you want but Gilbert gives you some push at DE.

Yea but it's not like were not packed at DE though, who do we drop to keep another DE? We already went heavy at DE as it is and really light at Corner, I highly doubt we could keep him on our PS over Chicago because they get first dibs.

I also disagree that he was "totally out of position", he was talked up big time as a 3-4 DE yes, but dude is 6'5 285lbs and an athletic freak and that's a perfect size for a UT. Same way Canty was scooped up quick by a 4-3 team in FA, he's a guy that should have been easily able to play for any scheme.

Clint Sintim is a great example, probably should have been in a 3-4, athleticism out of this world and would be a beast in a 3-4, but even in a 4-3 he's a starter and has worked his tail off to get his weight adjusted to fit. He hasn't been cut, he's actually 1 of their most promising players.

Don't get me wrong I would really really like to see us give him a hard look, but I have a hard time figuring out who to drop on our 53 for a DE who won't get a single snap this season. I think PS is out of the question personally but of course I would love for that to happen and develop him next season.

I just don't think you drop players with potential like him so fast if they have shown something, there are always exceptions to the rule but it's not a good sign at all. We did get blasted alot of fans for not taking him(I was one so I'm putting myself in that group), but it at least makes me feel better knowing he may not amount to much at all. If we weren't going so CB heavy I would be all for it.

But for now, he's not better then the top 3 at all, and I want to re-sign Bowen to start in 2011, so unless we can find a way to sneak him onto the PS no way I'm giving up anyone on our 53 to give him a shot. I don't think he was as out of place in a 4-3 as some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well Sam Hurd did eat Smith's lunch with that TD and a pass interference call against. :D

Ohhh That was Sean Smith he ate up? Lol I didn't even pay attention. Guess that's why he was benched so fast.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ohhh That was Sean Smith he ate up? Lol I didn't even pay attention. Guess that's why he was benched so fast.
Yup.......

Quote:
Wide receiver Sam Hurd, pushing to stay on the Dallas Cowboys' roster, caught a 43-yard touchdown pass over Miami cornerback Sean Smith in Thursday night's exhibition. The play impressed Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, a former Cowboys assistant.

``I know that receiver on the other side that caught the ball over Sean's head,'' Sparano said. ``I know what he's capable of. You would tell me he's a backup, but I know what the guy's about.''

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh and it finally happened...Bobby is a Dolphin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miscast in a 3-4 but at least he knows what they want from him at SOLB.

He'll be gaining 15 pounds real fast.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Yup.......
Most thought Miami would come calling for a trade awhile ago now, he's probably better then Hartline and would be their #2 guy.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six more days, cannot wait to get this season started.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Big Tuna cosa nostra connection strikes again.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Miscast in a 3-4 but at least he knows what they want from him at SOLB.

He'll be gaining 15 pounds real fast.
Brian Cushing's way?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Brian Cushing's way?
Unlike many, I could care less how much 'Roids they take. Their body, their problem.

I predict 12-4 and a Super Bowl win.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unlike many, I could care less how much 'Roids they take. Their body, their problem.

I predict 12-4 and a Super Bowl win.
For who??????

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
For who??????
For the London Monarchs.{sheesh}

For the Cowboys.

In fact, I think they play Miami or the Jets.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:

For the Cowboys.

Romo is ******* **** up, and Dez will cum on any cornerback who stands in his way. End of story.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Romo is ******* **** up, and Dez will cum on any cornerback who stands in his way. End of story.
lmao @ the Dez comment.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Really Bob? Negative repping me? It's 2 in the morning and i was trying to be funny... lol your the man bro!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

For the Cowboys.

Miami? ugh. The Jets def. have that super bowl defense, but their offense is bound to struggle mightily, yet. They're the sexy pick...but as much as I like Sanchez, I dont think he's there yet.

I'm kind of jumping on the Ravens bandwagon, as far as the Super Bowl is concerned.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2010, 03:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The jets, huh? They have alot of talent for sure. But does anyone else see an implosion potential there?

Seems like they put Lawrence Taylor and Big Ben at a party with Madonna and Keisha to me. A bunch of big names that love to play. But when the party is over there is gonna be a couple of sore, broken, very upset people to me.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I def. think their defense is bound to be top 3, at the worst. haha. They're scary. I just have no faith in their offense. And if preseason is any indicator, they have a big hole at LG. Sanchez took some bad hits this preseason. Plus, I dont see Sanchez stepping up yet anyway. I think he's going to be really good down the line...but he's going to struggle again this year. They may get to the playoffs, but I wouldnt count on him playing well against the AFC's best in the post season.

As for us...anyone have any guesses as to who our return men are going to be this weekend? It would seem like the smart money would be on AOA, but I wouldnt be shocked if he wasnt even active for game one.

Dez just came back, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him in there right away. Just for the simple fact that they werent hesitant to throw AOA out there coming back from injury. It's certainly a risk, but it wouldnt shock me. Felix could certainly return kicks as well.

Punt return? Newman or Bryant if it isnt AOA?

So kick return...it can be any of...AOA, Ogletree, Bryant, or Jones.

Punt return...AOA, Newman, or Bryant.

Hopefully AOA is active and back there...we may have 6 safeties, but it'd still only be 9 active DBs. Wade hasnt actually said who will be returning kicks right now, I believe. I'd be disappointed if Felix is thrown back there, for the time being. But again...not surprised.

edit...I guess Wade did say Bryant will be "active" in the return game. But didnt clarify as to what exactly that meant.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-08-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I think that AOA will handle returns. I bet that they really like him there because he's not too much of a risk like Dez. I think they really want Dez to be involved on the offense, so they'll ease him back into playing before letting him do punt returns.

Dez will probably get punt returns in week 2 or 3 while AOA handles punts and kicks for now. Maybe Ogletree gets a chance too.