Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wonder what Garrett's gameplan will be this Sunday night with Kosier and Columbo out. Does he run some screens to throw off the Redskins' new 3-4 defense? I'm thinking that Barber, Witten, and Dez are probably big factors in this game. Barber will be good at attacking the Redskins' interior while Witten and Dez get some opportunities to exploit the backers of the Redskins. I bet Andre Carter gets picked on pretty badly.
I think Dez has a big game. Big time WRs usually step up from the start...he has no tape on him and will see single coverage all game...he should be a difference maker from the start.

We have notoriously have had problems with 3-4 fronts....I'm not confident in this game. I think it'll be a hard fought game that comes down to big plays.

Dallas 24-20....but easily could go the other way if we lose the turnover battle.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Redskins scoring much. 20 isn't a lot to put on a defense, but I see the Cowboys D shutting them down really firm. I have some really really high hopes for the Cowboys defense this season, and I really don't see what the Redskins will have for them. I'm expecting a dominant performance. 4-6 sacks, and maybe a turnover or two. Remember that Williams is a rookie going against one of the best, if not the best, defensive players in the game in DeMarcus Ware.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think Dez has a big game. Big time WRs usually step up from the start...he has no tape on him and will see single coverage all game...he should be a difference maker from the start.

We have notoriously have had problems with 3-4 fronts....I'm not confident in this game. I think it'll be a hard fought game that comes down to big plays.

Dallas 24-20....but easily could go the other way if we lose the turnover battle.
I think Dez does what most rookie WR do in their first year -- very little.

Man crush for a rookie not a RB is premature to say the least.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clinton Portis runs all over us.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Clinton Portis runs all over us.
As much as I hate to agree, I do. While the Redskins can be a doormat for some teams, they ALWAYS play us tough, and that definitly applies to clinton portis.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I think Dez does what most rookie WR do in their first year -- very little.

Man crush for a rookie not a RB is premature to say the least.
I think he is going to be on of the exceptions...obviously production in our offense isn't going to be big for a #2 or #3 guy like Dez is however I think he'll play like a man amongest boys.

I'm seeing Fitzgerald/Roy Williams/Anquan Boldin type player. Someone that comes in from the start and plays like a man. He's no Robert Meachem or Troy Williamson...he's gonna be a stud...but I'll wait to see him in a game before I start his HOF campaign speach. /sarcasm

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

**** **** **** **** **** i hate jason garrett

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That just might be the stupidest play I have ever seen

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really is a stupid team.

Incredible but not surprising.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

In addition to the obvious, what kills me is they are moving the ball by doing certain things and they kill flow by running plays for Dez which require him to break a tackle for yardage.

Every time Austin gets the ball -- first down. Yet we never force the ball to him but to the new new new toy toy. Dez 6 targets?

We run the ball up the gut pretty well but we simply stop running it. How many carries for Felix? 1 or 2?

Garrett is just an idiot. Hint: You don't need to balance the offense if you can move the ball running two or three plays.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-12-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Garrett shoulda left with Stewart...both guys were over their heads...Garrett might have the makeup of a head coach...but his inability to gameplan and adjust is just elementary. Best word I can think to use to define him is Hubris.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Jason has bad judgment.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha it just keeps getting better

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Since Parcells' days, this cast of players is very very mistake prone.

3 defensive offsides in one game for 3 first downs? RU Kidding me?

3 PI for first downs.

Also,

No sacks.

No turnovers.

Can I take back my prediction????? I thought this team would be very mature and game savvy but ...... more of the same. Killer mistakes.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-12-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Dez Bryant has showed nothing so far. As soon as he catches a ball (when not misjudging it) he falls to arm tackles.

Very frustrating to see us running plays to players who don't produce. Add the throw to Roy Williams where he gave up to Carlos Rogers's physicality.

Skins doing their best to give us the game.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Back in it. The D has been very good, hope we can shut them out from here on!!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Dez has done an excellent job at recognizing blitz's presnap and running smoke routes...thats impressive imo for someone whos biggest concern coming into the season was ability to digest the playbook.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even worried...a little enraged at the moment. But I still cant see this team playing this ****** week after week.

Barron is a waste of oxygen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

We just lost to one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL.

Their Pass D is not very good. Romo makes two throws IN STRIDE to Austin and he goes for 2 TDs.

We just have a Tackle who is a walking flag. Makes Flo look good.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

My game notes:

1) Too much personnel being used on Offense. JG classic.
2) Cut Barron
3) Run the ball more between Tackles with Choice and Felix
4) Just throw Miles the ball please. 20-30 times per game
5) As said, unless RW is in the end zone don't throw to him
6) Witten? Is he playing?
7) D still does not generate turnovers.

This team believes its press to much. They needs to be whipped every day and told they suck so as they play with attitude. That includes berating JG every day for trying to be cute.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin was looking pretty slow in the open field today, for whatever reason. But he was downright sexy throughout the game.

But no...I'm not going to overreact. They didnt look ready and Garrett's gameplan was ****. I still think the team will be just fine. I wouldnt even be mad right now, if it wasnt for Barron. On to the next one. Only one way to go up after this piss poor showing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

How is Barron in the National Football League..
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Making the playoffs just got a ton of a lot harder. A loss to a NFC East opponent makes this climb almost unrealistic.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Austin was looking pretty slow in the open field.......
I thought on two of those passes he was taken off stride and was expecting a hit plus his feet got tangled up it seemed both times. On the one CLIP play, I thought he looked fast but he got the ball in stride.

But he is catching everything and is getting wide open.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

20-30 targets? lol.

Nobody in the league even reaches 200 in a season.

The most last year was like 170 something, I believe.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS