Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Again, this is right way of looking at it.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.347c046.html

....... in fact if you look through any of the blog entries and actually read the Austin concept is so secondary as to be irrelevant.

TO was let go for good reasons but to say it was b/c Jerrah had faith in Austin replacing TO is beyond the pale.

Also let me point out "We know this, if [Austin] is close..." Not exactly certainty.
Again from your article

Jones envisioned Williams and Owens complementing each other but it never happened. Now Jones has high hopes for Williams and Miles Austin because of their speed.

"We know this, if [Austin] is close, then you're ahead of the game simply because of where they are in their careers," Jones said. "I certainly think he has a chance to be or I would never had released Terrell."

Pretty sure this shows how high he was on Austin. Just admit your wrong and lets move on. Oh I forgot, your never wrong :roll:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Pretty sure this shows how high he was on Austin. Just admit your wrong and lets move on. Oh I forgot, your never wrong :roll:

Thus is the world of Bob on these forums.

At first it was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
You know when they let go of TO not one single person cited trust in Austin as being the reason. Yet now, he gets points for it.

Then, when everyone reminds him that Jerry was giving Austin credit well before he blew up onto the scene, then this:

Quote:
Anyone of you Jerrah lovers want to find ONE article which before KC last year had Jerry alluding specifically to Austin as being the reason he had faith in letting Owens go?

Which you obviously did. But then it turns to, "well, Jerrah just says stuff like this about all his players and hypes up everyone onto the roster", then goes on to reach for another strawman argument that gets further and further away from what he originally said in the first place.

But where "Jerrah lovers" for some reason, if you don't give Bill Parcells credit for everything he has done in his career, and here, and bash ANY and everything Jerry has done here your a "Jerrah lover". Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea....man...HerniatedDisc, or Bob, or whatever it is you go by...Reading this board for years, you've been spot on in some of your assessments, and completely wrong in others. That's fine, everyone has hits and misses(including Jerry).

You're just arguing to argue now though. It's a fact that Jerry believed that Austin would step up, it's also a fact that he thought Roy would be TO's replacement, all of it's true as a collective. Does it really matter who "called it". It's done, Austin is and looks to be a real star...So let's move on?

It's kind've ridiculous...You're arguing for back pats at this point. What you wanted to come to fruition...eventually did. Who cares if you were the first, or last to call it?

Anyways...

Free is looking like a real stud, we need to make some serious moves this offseason to fix the rest of the line, and bring in a playmaking safety, and I think we can seriously be set for the next 5 years barring major injuries.

That is...unless the Boys tank and we go through huge changes on both the coaching and personnel front.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, of note... Jerry has already shown the biggest sign that he's admitted that he made a mistake in getting Roy. He drafted Dez.

But I really can't fault him for getting Roy, because at the point in time that we got him, Roy was considered a bright young player who was held back by injuries and being a Detroit Lion. Hindsight is clear now, but it wasn't then.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Is anyone hoping Sam Young can be our next Colombo?

I know D-Unit doesn't even think he should be on a high school football field lol, but what about everyone else?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Is anyone hoping Sam Young can be our next Colombo?

I know D-Unit doesn't even think he should be on a high school football field lol, but what about everyone else?
I have more hope for Brewster, but ideally we'd be lucky to have 1 end up a future back-up who is capable of being solid in case of an injury. Brewster probably has a better chance of being a future starter. I don't really think there is much optimism to have over the depth on our O-line turning into a future starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win.

The game didn't go the way that I hoped, but it was cool seeing Roy Williams have a big game as a Longhorns fan.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This season? Woah. He had a good game, but he's still been dropping passes, fumbling, and been his sorry self before this game. Let's pump the brakes just a bit HH, he stepped it up, but I wouldn't even come close to saying he's been really good this season. He needs to string together 4 consecutive good games without a huge mistake or an easy drop.

Also, Jason Witten is gonna be a HOFer and he's not even 30 years old, there is nothing to worry about there. It's not like he's the 1st and only option like Gates is in SD, or like Gonzalez was his entire career in KC, look at who we have to give the ball too here. Talking about trading him is just stupid and not worth discussing what so ever, and I wouldn't even be halfway concerned about him either.

Ok. True enough. You put me in my place. Let me rephrase a little.

Good for Roy Williams? There. That is a little more accurate. You are completely correct, and I stand corrected.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
A great point by Bob Sturm

I don't think we can understate the job of the defense when it was determined that Owen Daniels did not get into the end-zone early in the 4th Quarter. The ball was spotted about a foot outside the endzone and with Arian Foster with the ball, I was not expecting a stand like that. If you watch that sequence again, you simply must watch Anthony Spencer and his amazing 3 play sequence. On 1st Down, 93 blows up Vonta Leach as the lead blocker and the play is ruined. On 2nd Down, 93 destroys Joel Dreessen and then nearly brings Foster down himself. And on 3rd Down, he is held by Eric Winston as he turns the corner on the pass into the endzone. The next play was Brooking's sack and the Cowboys held. But, Spencer was the hero on this stand.

This was a great goal line stand! AS was big time on this series.
Spencer is one of my favorite guys on defense. It's amazing to have the tandem with him and Ware back there. I'm glad he's finally getting some notice for the things he does. If Ware wasn't here he'd probably get a little bit more attention as a Pro Bowl caliber player. It's a good thing he could be kept under wraps a little bit. I'm sure he'll continue to surprise everyone with just how well of a player he is the rest of this season.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing the Packers lose to the Bears tonight, I'm feeling a little better about losing to them. Maybe we're not as bad as people think.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
After seeing the Packers lose to the Bears tonight, I'm feeling a little better about losing to them. Maybe we're not as bad as people think.
With the way the saints, vikes, colts, and pack look, if we play the way we did against the texans... i'm not to worried.

Although, that IF is about the size of jupiter..
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Wait, I didn't get to see the game, and I just read about this 37-yard TD Dez had that got called back cause he ran out of bounds... and it was beast mode?

Can someone give me details? Or a link to it?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was foced out of bounds...then the corner didnt cover him, because he was ineligble. So he caught a wide open TD pass that was nullified.

Had me excited until I saw the flag and replay. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Oh nevermind, someone said it was beast. Oh well.

I thought the rule was just you can't touch it first... if the ball was in romo's hands while got back in bounds, i thought thats a touchdown... oh well.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh nevermind, someone said it was beast. Oh well.

I thought the rule was just you can't touch it first... if the ball was in romo's hands while got back in bounds, i thought thats a touchdown... oh well.
No...only way Dez could touch it, would be if the defender popped it up or something. Romo doesnt count...Dez cant be the first to touch the ball, if he gets run out of bounds.

Otherwise, receivers would be running out of bounds all the time to get open. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the "beastly" play Dez made in the game was a twisting catch he caught out of bounds. Wish I could find video of it, even though it was incomplete, the way he attacked the ball while contorting his body was ridiculous.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That was pretty sick. I absolutely love Dez.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I think the "beastly" play Dez made in the game was a twisting catch he caught out of bounds. Wish I could find video of it, even though it was incomplete, the way he attacked the ball while contorting his body was ridiculous.
Yeah that was ridiculous. It was clearly out of bounds, but they should have atleast given us 2 points for complete awesomeness.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

2 points for awesomeness... haha that was a good one.

So where do you guys think he stands for rookie of the year?

With Mathews hurt, I think it's his for the taking if he starts getting in the endzone. I say 800 and 6 would get it done.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Witten will play against the Titans but he's banged up, and while Martellus looked good this week, he keeps limping around after every play. Wouldnt be a bad idea for Garrett to bust out some 4/5 WR sets in that game. Really depends on how well our O-Line can hold up. Because the Titans pass rush has been fantastic this year. I cant believe our luck with these TE injuries this year.

I dont even really like the matchup. CJ should kill us. Our TEs are banged up and their defensive is playing excellent. Dallas should be able to beat any team in any given week, though. We're hitting the bye week at a good time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Witten will play against the Titans but he's banged up, and while Martellus looked good this week, he keeps limping around after every play. Wouldnt be a bad idea for Garrett to bust out some 4/5 WR sets in that game. Really depends on how well our O-Line can hold up. Because the Titans pass rush has been fantastic this year. I cant believe our luck with these TE injuries this year.

I dont even really like the matchup. CJ should kill us. Our TEs are banged up and their defensive is playing excellent. Dallas should be able to beat any team in any given week, though. We're hitting the bye week at a good time.
Really? I'm not counting our eggs before they hatch but... with a bye week, im not to worried about the Titans..
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
2 points for awesomeness... haha that was a good one.

So where do you guys think he stands for rookie of the year?

With Mathews hurt, I think it's his for the taking if he starts getting in the endzone. I say 800 and 6 would get it done.
Bradford looks damn good. Not too sure if his final numbers will look too gaudy but, he has them competitive and he's playing very well. In that division...he may put together a fine statistical season.

Jahvid Best isn't running too well...but he's getting in the end zone, a lot. 5 Tds already.

And dont count out even Demaryius Thomas, who had himself a big game last week.

Right now, it's probably Bradford's to lose. But Dez has a good shot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-28-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Really? I'm not counting our eggs before they hatch but... with a bye week, im not to worried about the Titans..
The Titans are a great team. And did you see those holes Foster was getting? Just think what CJ would do with that space. ugh. Scares me to think about it. lol. It's certainly no lock for us at all. And if our TEs are still banged up by then, it really limits what we can do. So 4/5 WR sets make sense, against a banged up Titans secondary. But their front 7 is as fierce as anyone's, dont discount their pass rush. They could cause a lot of problems for our o-line.

edit...i forgot that you didnt see the game. But yeah, Foster was killing us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Ya know, I thought that he actually caught that in bounds. It looked like he landed on his elbow in bounds on one replay, and I would have liked to see more angles of it. It looked like he caught the ball and leaned his body in bounds so that his elbow could land in bounds before anything else.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tenn is a good team, but we should win that game at home.

I know it's easier said than done, but you simply have to load up on Johnson. You must make VY do something to beat you. I think Dallas' defense is up to the task.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote