Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Jerry didn't pay a dime for that stadium. He funded the whole thing with PSL money.

That's what owners do. They trick us into funding stadiums that they make billions of dollars with just so we can watch 8 games a season for the next 20 years.

And we fall for it.

Tis life.
Once again I don't have a link although with a little time & effort could probably find one for this... But I'm like 99.99% sure you're wrong just this one time.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Once again I don't have a link although with a little time & effort could probably find one for this... But I'm like 99.99% sure you're wrong just this one time.
I'll take your word for it. I just vaguely remember reading an article that said he didn't pay a dime for the stadium, the PSLs funded the whole thing.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with BBD and I agree with everyone who thinks that we're playing poorly or at least sub-par football.
But, while I don't believe in curses and stuff, I really think that randomness (or luck) plays a big role in team sports. My soccer team, Inter Milan, won the treble last year and luck played a big role in their victories (just like in 80% of soccer games). Fortune favors the brave and you have to put yourself in position to succeed but you still need bounces to go your way.
As we know, Choice has fumbled only once in his NFL career and that fumbled costed us the game. Griffin made an outstanding interception that 9 out of 10 times he wouldn't make, Buehler nailed a 51 yards FG with ease but missed an easier FG against Chicago, half a second later and that DE doesn't tip the ball that goes into the Titans' DB hands, Columbo doesn't fall on the ground and Mariani doesn't return the ball to the 5 yards line, CJ fumbles and the ball goes right into one of his OL's hands and so on...
On the other hand, GB loses like 7 starters in the game against the Redskins and Cosby hits the post on the game winning FG.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is absolutely wrong dpl. The funny thing is 99% of NFL fans in general thought the cowboys were going to come in and over spend. I remember having the argument with D awhile back.

No salary cap enables you to dump contracts. It was a free year to get rid of your bad deals. Think about this.

Flozell and Hamlin got cut...and saved us a ton of money...you cannot make those cuts with a cap in place. Now some teams did overspend this year but if you looked at the financial side you'd see that it wasn't happening in dallas.

Now obviously some people are wondering why Roy wasn't cut along with them...well thats because Jerry still owed him 9 million garunteed. You don't pay money like that for 0 return...worst came to worse he was a red zone weapon.

With the money we saved we reupped Austin something we knew we had to do. Here is what I think the decision really came down to. Who would help us more OJ Atogwe or MB3.

Because MB3 has a "bad" contract one of those contracts you aren't going to pay in the future and we had the horses in the stable. The thing is I think this is where Jerry/Stephen screwed up. Look at the guys they have found lately to contribute to this team. Ball was next in line...wade loves him for w/e reason hell he hasn't made an impact play on the field since he's been here...all of a sudden he's the starting S. Wade sold him that he could do it...and they elected to keep the team intact. Because we know Barber is a captain.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but our offseason should have went.

Cut
Hamlin
Flo
MB3

Sign Atogwe
Reup Austin/Free

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Thule, can you be more specific? What was I wrong about?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from espn blog

Quote:
While Davis got benched for his poor play something must be said of Alan Ball, the free safety. It looks as if he reacts late on plays. An example of this was on the first touchdown of the game. Orlando Scandrick is one-on-one down the sidelines with Nate Washington. The other Titans receivers run underneath routes and are covered well. Ball is just standing there watching the backfield and by the time he sees the ball in the air it's too late. Scandrick took the blame for that touchdown, but Ball should have helped. Ball did a poor job on a 12-yard score to Kenny Britt in the second quarter. Scandrick, again, is matched up one-on-one. For some reason, Ball is standing near the goalline watching. Gerald Sensabaugh goes across the goalline as he covers the tight end. Vince Young sends a pass into the end zone and Ball doesn't react quickly.
The Cowboys have a problem at the free safety spot and they must fix it. Benching Ball might not be the answer because they're few options on the roster.
Quote:
Young takes the snap and play-action fakes to Chris Johnson on his left side. Kenny Britt is lined up wide left and runs at Ball, who has his eyes inside. Jenkins at right corner turns inside and begins to sprint deep as he sees Britt go by Ball. Ball still hasn’t moved and continues to look inside. What he is looking at, I am not sure. Keith Brooking carries Johnson into the flat and the only threat to Ball is Britt, who just went by him.

Sensabaugh and Newman begin their pedal, finally Ball begins to move by turning inside, but Britt is 8 yards ahead of him and just inside Jenkins and able to get a little separation in the route. Young sees that there is no safety help in the middle of the field and he lets the ball fly. Britt makes an outstanding, adjusting finger tip catch at the 32-yard line with Jenkins touching him down there.

Again, what Ball was looking at during the snap and was he supposed to be helping Jenkins with deep coverage? It was one of several big plays that the Titans had down the field.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah man, it's no secret. Ball has been trash. Worse than Hamlin, even. Thank god for our pass rush, because I have a feeling that if teams started testing us deep, those safeties would greatly be exposed. But why bother, when you can just throw everything right in front of them? Our intermediate to deep zones are beyond terrible.

Oh and Ball in run support....Puhlease.

Surprisingly enough, Newman has been our best corner this year. Jenkins just had a nightmare game, and Scandrick is consistently bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Good point Moth, that's why we need to move away from the old style big road graders to more athletic lineman.
I hope we do. I really hope we do. But we need to fire Houck. Is that gonna happen?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know we needed a safety worse than you guys did, but why on earth didn't Dallas make a play for Antrell Rolle?

He's been a godsend for us. I know many think he wasn't worth the cash, but so far he's been worth every penny.

He looks better than he ever was with Arizona, he's the best run supporting safety we've had in some time, has great range and can cover slot WRs and TEs.

And most importantly, he's become a vocal leader in the lockerroom. Something I think both of our teams needed.

I can't knock Jerry too much though. What do you want him to do? The guy has drafted ballers, you can't fault him for that.

Mike Jenkins - baller
Dez - baller
Felix - baller
Spencer - baller

Ok, so 09 was an abomination of a draft, but for the most part he's been drafting well. It's not like he's getting scrubs in the draft. Drafting for talent and drafting for need is a fine line. A lot of positions that aren't "needs" today aren't needs bc Jerry addressed them with the players listed above.

He cut TO bc he had faith in Austin. He turned down a 2nd round pick for Austin. People thought he was crazy at the time. But he knew exactly what he was doing. Jerry is doing a good job, it's just that you can't have it all. You have to pick your spots.

And Jerry chose to ignore the trenches. So it's hurting him naturally, but I wouldn't fault him for not getting players. I fault his philosophy, but not the talent he's brought to the team.
I wanted to draft Rolle. He was such a baller at the U. I've followed his career from afar... at first it was rough for him, but they moved him to Safety and he turned into a star. That was a brilliant get for the Giants. Dallas needs more players from the U. They bring a special swagger. Allen Bailey, I'm lookin' at you!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have Leon Williams! haha.

Speaking of...it was so weird for me, seeing someone not named Bradie James in there at ILB. Bradie never gets hurt, it was just odd seeing him miss some time.

And as for Bradie...he's playing damn well this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
That is absolutely wrong dpl. The funny thing is 99% of NFL fans in general thought the cowboys were going to come in and over spend. I remember having the argument with D awhile back.

No salary cap enables you to dump contracts. It was a free year to get rid of your bad deals. Think about this.

Flozell and Hamlin got cut...and saved us a ton of money...you cannot make those cuts with a cap in place. Now some teams did overspend this year but if you looked at the financial side you'd see that it wasn't happening in dallas.

Now obviously some people are wondering why Roy wasn't cut along with them...well thats because Jerry still owed him 9 million garunteed. You don't pay money like that for 0 return...worst came to worse he was a red zone weapon.

With the money we saved we reupped Austin something we knew we had to do. Here is what I think the decision really came down to. Who would help us more OJ Atogwe or MB3.

Because MB3 has a "bad" contract one of those contracts you aren't going to pay in the future and we had the horses in the stable. The thing is I think this is where Jerry/Stephen screwed up. Look at the guys they have found lately to contribute to this team. Ball was next in line...wade loves him for w/e reason hell he hasn't made an impact play on the field since he's been here...all of a sudden he's the starting S. Wade sold him that he could do it...and they elected to keep the team intact. Because we know Barber is a captain.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but our offseason should have went.

Cut
Hamlin
Flo
MB3

Sign Atogwe
Reup Austin/Free
I was pretty vocal about our lack of action in FA, no doubt about that. I was royally pissed about Jerry not opening his wallet. I'm still pissed about it.

I'm not buying the "we didn't have the money" to do it. You can always restructure contracts in the NFL. I won't be surprised if Roy restructures his this offseason in order to stay with the team.

Roy wasn't getting cut last year because he had guaranteed money. $13M I believe in signing bonus... AND Dez was just a rookie. The 2nd point can't be ignored.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dallas has been re-working contracts for years...eventually you cant do it anymore. We really didnt have much of anything to spend. And Ware and Miles needed new contracts. As I brought up earlier, these backloaded contracts would completely screw Dallas after a while. Much like, when the Steelers and Colts couldnt afford to keep all of their star players a few years ago. Dallas has some of the highest paid players in the league...eventually that catches up with you. Our spending the last few years, has been very methodical...to keep our own players intact, and to stay under the cap.

Dallas is 1st/2nd in team salary...but they warp the cap figures to get by, with hefty, up front bonuses, and backloaded contracts. It's not something that you can do forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dallas has been re-working contracts for years...eventually you cant do it anymore. We really didnt have much of anything to spend. And Ware and Miles needed new contracts. As I brought up earlier, these backloaded contracts would completely screw Dallas after a while. Much like, when the Steelers and Colts couldnt afford to keep all of their star players a few years ago. Dallas has some of the highest paid players in the league...eventually that catches up with you. Our spending the last few years, has been very methodical...to keep our own players intact, and to stay under the cap.

Dallas is 1st/2nd in team salary...but they warp the cap figures to get by, with hefty, up front bonuses, and backloaded contracts. It's not something that you can do forever.
Dallas has been reworking contracts for years? Remind me.

Which players on our team have restructured their contracts?

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-12-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas has been reworking contracts for years? Remind me.

Which players on our team have restructured their contracts?
Pehaps reworking wasnt the best word...What I meant is they've been cutting corners. But a few years ago Romo and Davis restructured their deals, so that their actual salary figures were the league minimum, but they received huge up front bonuses and large backloaded contracts. The first year or two, they're not making anything, but when they get deep into the contracts, the team salary is just going to go up over the years. Making it more difficult to spend in FA and to even keep our own guys. You can't keep expecting to manipulate the cap and keep spending whatever you want. Add to the fact that ownership knew they had massive contract extensions coming up. Everyone knows JJ would love to spend the money if he could.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was pretty vocal about our lack of action in FA, no doubt about that. I was royally pissed about Jerry not opening his wallet. I'm still pissed about it.
Yes D, not a lot of offseason activity or movement. Dallas became rigid & static in its personnel, gameplans & assts, especially the assts. where Garrett, Houck & company became static, those putting a positive spin on it said it was overconfident with respect toward thinking they already had the playoff spot wrapped up, but for lack of a better word I think they were complacent.

And it is showing bigtime, outplayed, outcoached, & by lesser talented teams like the Skins.

Jerry was focused on the debut of Jerryworld & getting its 1st SB, clearly not on improving the team.

About this weekend's game in Minnesota, for once playing a team with more pressure on its QB than on Romo. Instead of breast cancer awareness pink maybe the Boys should wear digital pics of Favre's dingus on their unis, whaddya think?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll take your word for it. I just vaguely remember reading an article that said he didn't pay a dime for the stadium, the PSLs funded the whole thing.
In regards to your comment about why we didn't go after Rolle, or anyone else saying why we didn't spend in FA:

Did we have the money? I mean at the time, we hadn't re-signed Austin, and we knew we were gonna have to re-sign Doug Free(who will be worth every penny), and maybe even Stephen Bowen who probably deserves it....If we had room I would be all for it, hell we needed Rolle really bad, he's a ballhawk who makes plays on the ball, but I thought we were skimping out on a big FA contract because we had 2 big contracts in house.

Would we have room for Free if we signed Rolle? I'm not sure. But any amount of money we spend wouldn't make up for how many penalties we commit, or how unprepared we play coming out of bye weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Doug Free and Roy are playing at a pro-bowl level and were 1-3..

edit: Finley is done for the year.. that helps atleast.

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 10-13-2010 at 12:31 PM.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reporting that Jerry Jones says he has no plans to fire Wade at this time.

Do you keep dancing with them who brung ya even after the music has stopped?

Wade is toast. Lose the Thxgvng Day game & he's gone by Saturday.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We just really needed a good 2009 draft. Had we had done that, then we wouldn't be talking about the complaining about not bringing in FAs.

I don't like hearing the excuse that we can't bring in big named FAs because of cap implications and what not. Washington does it every year. Their ability to do so amazes me. While it has not come with great success, I blame them for choosing the wrong players, but not for working their cap the way they do.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
ESPN reporting that Jerry Jones says he has no plans to fire Wade at this time.

Do you keep dancing with them who brung ya even after the music has stopped?

Wade is toast. Lose the Thxgvng Day game & he's gone by Saturday.
I hate it when they ask those type of questions early in the season. What exactly is Jerry going to say to that? "Oh yeah I might fire him if we don't win our next x games."

I doubt Wade gets fired during the year either. If they have a bad season he'll be gone, but there's really no point in firing a guy in the middle of the season unless you're so desperate to see one of the coordinators on your staff.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm coming around to really wanting Gruden. I love his fire!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm coming around to really wanting Gruden. I love his fire!

He would be the greatest hire since JJ IMO...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden has some offensive players here to work with that are young, but he doesn't even touch the defense. Who would he bring in to manage the D? He might be nice for the offense, but the defense is a big concern.

I really don't like how poorly he did with the Bucs after the Super Bowl. He didn't really build anything there. He won with Dungy's guys, and after that was up the team struggled. One of the reasons why the Bucs are where they are now is because he didn't draft well or bring in good free agents. I'd rather pass on him in favor of a guy like Fisher or Cowher. They could work the defense into being elite again while not hurting the offense at the same time.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Gruden has some offensive players here to work with that are young, but he doesn't even touch the defense. Who would he bring in to manage the D? He might be nice for the offense, but the defense is a big concern.

I really don't like how poorly he did with the Bucs after the Super Bowl. He didn't really build anything there. He won with Dungy's guys, and after that was up the team struggled. One of the reasons why the Bucs are where they are now is because he didn't draft well or bring in good free agents. I'd rather pass on him in favor of a guy like Fisher or Cowher. They could work the defense into being elite again while not hurting the offense at the same time.
Gruden wasn't the GM. He's not building a team, he just needs to coach it. He won with Dungy's guys? Well, he won where Dungy couldn't. So does that mean he's better than Dungy?

I'd like Fisher too, Cowher too. But I don't think Fisher is leaving and I don't think Cowher is coming...he wants GM priviledges.

As for who Gruden would bring in as DC? How about Mike Singletary... :) Maybe Dom Capers.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I love Gruden, but am not exactly sold on him being the next coach. At this point, i have no real favorites.

Still hoping it works out with Wade...but yeah...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS