Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Here's a roster rundown based on NEEDS for the Cowboys heading into the 2011 season, if there even is one:
What is your thrill with coming into this thread lately(not like you were a guy who typically dropped in from time to time like BBD) just to point out how many needs the Cowboys have, how long they will be in the basement of the division, and how their are just so many holes that it's a disaster for the next 20 years? Is it really that amusing to you?

I would try and discuss things rational with you, like the fact that Philly has no CB's what so ever and average safety plan with average offensive line play, or the fact that Washington has no WR's what so ever, JAG's at RB, and a team with more needs then ours, how those teams get a pass but every position that Dallas doesn't have a pro bowler were doomed to hell lol.

I would be interested in your response, but I see your getting off trolling and talking about how bad Dallas is and how many needs they have and they will be in the basement for 17 years straight. We can't even talk about next weeks game too much because you've hijacked the thread pretty much since you started posting in here recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a pure troll, look at his recent posts. He doesn't even believe the boys are that bad.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What is your thrill with coming into this thread lately(not like you were a guy who typically dropped in from time to time like BBD) just to point out how many needs the Cowboys have, how long they will be in the basement of the division, and how their are just so many holes that it's a disaster for the next 20 years? Is it really that amusing to you?
I hate the Cowboys, and have hated the Cowboys my whole life. I revel in watching them self-destruct. I'd like nothing more than to see them as a basement-dweller for the next decade like the Lions or the Bills.

It would just be funny to watch Jerry Jones have to preside over his team as it spirals down the drain.

And now it looks as if this could be a real possibility.

Quote:
I would try and discuss things rational with you, like the fact that Philly has no CB's what so ever and average safety plan with average offensive line play, or the fact that Washington has no WR's what so ever, JAG's at RB, and a team with more needs then ours, how those teams get a pass but every position that Dallas doesn't have a pro bowler were doomed to hell lol.
You're right that both Philly and Washington have roster issues of their own, but Dallas is in the worst shape of all because they've neglected their offensive line for so many years. At least Philly and Washington have made the effort to obtain capable young offensive linemen and develop them into starters. Right now, it looks as if Dallas has nothing decent outside of Doug Free that will last into the 2011 season, and even Free is not entirely a 100% proven veteran.

The game is won in the trenches. It doesn't matter how many flashy wide receivers or cornerbacks you have - if your offensive and defensive lines are not solid, you lose games. All the Dez Bryants and Miles Austins in the world won't keep Dallas out of the basement if their offensive line is being caved in on a regular basis and their line can't open holes for the running backs.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate the Cowboys, and have hated the Cowboys my whole life. I revel in watching them self-destruct. I'd like nothing more than to see them as a basement-dweller for the next decade like the Lions or the Bills.

It would just be funny to watch Jerry Jones have to preside over his team as it spirals down the drain.

And now it looks as if this could be a real possibility.

That's fine, and you can have as much fun talking about non stop in your teams discussion thread, or in the week 8 discussion thread, or make a thread about Dallas in the NFL forum. This is the Dallas Cowboys discussion and fans of the team come here to talk about the team, others come in to add to the discussion or ask questions, but what your doing is considered trolling and you need to find another thread to hi jack with your hatred for the Cowboys.

I have no doubt you hate Dallas that's impossible to not notice, but you don't just go to the team you hate into their team forum and start going on and on and on about how bad they will be forever. Anywhere else is fair game, not in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Morton your a fool. This team will be back to contention next year, no matter how much you hate it. Basement dweller?

You know the least football out of anyone I have ever seen on this board.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's a roster rundown based on NEEDS for the Cowboys heading into the 2011 season, if there even is one:

CB - Scandrick sucks, Newman is getting old and injured. Is Jenkins still good?
S - Alan Ball blows, and Sensabaugh is average at best.
DE - Marcus Spears and Igor Olshansky are average, and Spears is a free agent
ILB - Brooking is getting too old to play and Bradie James is average at best
OG - Davis sucks, Gurode sucks, and Costa sucks.
OT - Free is the only decent OT on the roster right now. Colombo is aging, and Barron isn't an NFL player

So how is Jerry going to fill all of these holes through draft and free agency, exactly?

Say the Cowboys pick Patrick Peterson with their first round pick in 2011. One of the holes at CB is presumably filled. You are then starting Peterson and Jenkins at CB. Who is going to play safety? We know Ball sucks and needs to be replaced. Are you going to count on a 2nd or 3rd round rookie? Try to convince Newman to take a step down, hurt his pride and play safety? Sign a guy in free agency?

Say you somehow manage to fill that hole at safety. If you filled it with a 2nd round rookie, you basically have no more top picks to spend on the offensive line. What are you going to do about the turnstile-like interior of the line? Doug Free is the ONLY reliable starter heading into the 2011 season. You need, at minimum, a solid guard and a solid right tackle. Is Jerry going to spend millions of dollars on both a guard and a tackle in free agency?

If you take the offensive lineman with the first round pick, which is what the Cowboys should do if they don't want to get their QB killed, what do you then do with the big holes at cornerback and safety?

And what happens with the defensive line which will probably be missing Marcus Spears? More free agency dollars? Count on a rookie? If they pick, say, Nick Fairley with their first round pick, I think the defensive line will be beastly. But then you no longer have the opportunity to select a cornerback, offensive lineman, or safety.

And what about ILB? Brooking is toast. Is Sean Lee going to be capable? He looks injury prone and I haven't really seen him flash anything special on the field. Are you guys satisfied with Sean Lee and Bradie James as the linebackers next year?

As you can see, there is no real "silver bullet" for the Cowboys that will enable them to compete next year. If they pick Patrick Peterson with the first round pick, even free agency won't help them fill all the holes on the offensive line, defensive line, and at safety. If they pick Nick Fairley, the defensive line will again be elite but at the expense of the offensive line and the secondary. If they pick an offensive lineman, they will again be weak on defensive line and in the secondary. You're either going to count on rookies in alot of critical spots or you're simply going to have to make do with guy slike Alan Ball and Phil Costa. There aren't enough free agency dollars or targets to fill the holes alongside the draft.
Answer me this. How many teams start their seasons having addressed every single need in the offseason?

With so many needs, we simply have to take BPA that fills one of them. We can't afford to bypass superior talent because of what is perceived as a bigger hole. RT might be a need, but you don't draft a RT that high in the draft! Neither do you take an OG or C! So your logic is messed up royally.

Besides... you think our team will finish with 6-7 wins WITH all those holes. We fix a few and we'll easily get to 9-10. Especially when the biggest issue is with the coaching staff.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought the Cowboys overall talent level was a bit overstated, but they have a ton of talent for a team that will probably be adding premium picks.

You can't address every weakness, and no team ever has every hole filled, but when you can add top tier talent to a talented squad, you are doing well.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Yo saints-tigers, Halo 3 is the sex.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

What are everyone's thoughts on getting a true slot type guy in the middle rounds with Dez and Miles on the outside. thoughts?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on getting a true slot type guy in the middle rounds with Dez and Miles on the outside. thoughts?
Won't make any difference with Jason Garrett as the offensive coordinator. He does not know what to do with our offense now!
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't see why Hurd can't be that guy. No need to go looking for other wideouts. All that the team needs is in the receiving corps right now. If they get rid of Roy for whatever reason, then it wouldn't be a bad thing to finally give Hurd his chance.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Completely true, hurd slipped my mind. or ogletree.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no interest in this game at all...

Lots of Felix, lots of Dez, and more PT for Hurd is all I look forward to. Hopefully we'll see all of that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont tell me the blocking wasnt **** on Felix's first two carries. Wow. Costa and Colombo both got bitched. 2 carries -5 yards. Awesome. I cant take much more of this crap. How a line that big, sucks this bad at run blocking is baffling.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-31-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TD Jacksonville!!!!!!!! Wooo HOOooooo!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Damn I wish we drafted Nate Allen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I wish we'd take AOA of kickoffs. He sucks a fat one.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant... that is all.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

YES! Kitna Intercepted!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Dez Bryant... that is all.
I just want Kitna to throw to him all day.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I want to see some 3rd down conversion rates on throws against Scandrick. Seriously. It's an automatic completion.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
YES! Kitna Intercepted!!!
Kitna is actually looking pretty good. Felix is sucking ass out of the backfield as usual. O Line getting killed as usual. Dez is going to be dominant one day. Butler makes a play!
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Kitna is actually looking pretty good. Felix is sucking ass out of the backfield as usual. O Line getting killed as usual. Dez is going to be dominant one day. Butler makes a play!
I'm going to continue to defend Felix, until he actually sees any sign of blocking. Our line was blown up on both of his runs. And teh Jags are terrible against the run...we cant block anyone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-31-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I want to see some 3rd down conversion rates on throws against Scandrick. Seriously. It's an automatic completion.
Not to defend Scandrick because I think his ball skills suck, but if you blitz all the time and get nothing, and the other team knows when you're blitzing (did you hear Simms say the Jaguar coaches told him how predictable our blitz packages are) your corners are going to get killed.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

we got a turnover... lol.

How was Dez's catch? I don't have the game in CT.