Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
D, who is that on your avatar?
His GF, shhhh Don't tell his wife!:shock:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dude I don't want some scrub coordinator.

We need a name head coach with a ring, or Harbaugh.

The players will respect him, he was a player of the year and pro-bowler in the NFL, and his brother is having great success.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wouldn't want a college head coach at all. Just looking at how both Saban and Spurrier just bailed when things got hard makes me sour on college coaches. The college game isn't as harsh as the NFL. It has more security because you can set your schedule and recruit players that you want instead of waiting and hoping that they will fall to you in the draft. It's just too easy to go back to college when there are too many colleges with deep pockets willing to throw a ton of money at you to come coach for them.
No cupcake weekends in the NFL either
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D, who is that on your avatar?
My wife . Is that weird?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More on Randy Moss, from Todd Archer:

A few weeks ago Jerry Jones somewhat jokingly apologized to Randy Moss for not selecting the wide receiver in the first round of the 1998 draft.

Maybe he will have to apologize to him again for not claiming him on waivers.

Minnesota is expected to waive Moss today, although it seems Brad Childress' announcement Monday came as a surprise to the Vikings' front office, making him available to every team in the league, but on his radio show on The Fan Tuesday morning, Jones said the club would pass.

Based on their 1-6 record, the Cowboys are third in the claiming process behind Buffalo and Carolina.

Whew.

Claiming Moss would have made sense if he played on the offensive line or safety, but the Cowboys do not need more wide receivers. They're fine with Miles Austin, Roy Williams and Dez Bryant. If any team claims Moss, they are on the hook for the final nine weeks of his salary. If not, then Minnesota has to pay him the remainder of the money.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fisher!!!!!

Man, I wanted Fisher last year really bad but we probably should let this go. He's the longest tenured Head Coach for a reason, their gonna make the playoffs this year, and he's probably earned the benefit of the doubt to have a losing season, maybe even 2 before being fired but the way that team is built it's tough for them to miss the playoffs.

I don't care who our coach is, as long as he brings credibility to the locker room, can make Romo a more effective QB, and is willing to get on players asses about mistakes and penalties. We can hire a circus clown for all I care if he will cut down our penalties.

I also DO NOT want a guy who is a 'yes man' and basically lets Jerry be the coach of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D's avatar is actually my wife, Jessica Alba. I dont appreciate it, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, Jason Williams was just cut. Bwahshshahahah! I'm sorry but that class makes me laugh, let's go ahead and put that right up there with one of the all-time worst classes for any team period, let alone ours.

Special teams draft FTW!!!

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Soooo, Jason Williams was just cut. Bwahshshahahah! I'm sorry but that class makes me laugh, let's go ahead and put that right up there with one of the all-time worst classes for any team period, let alone ours.

Special teams draft FTW!!!
HOLY MOLY! wtf???

My only guess is that Leon Williams out worked him.

I really feel justified now for my post draft rampage on that draft. Where is Quincyyyyyy now? lmao.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
D's avatar is actually my wife, Jessica Alba. I dont appreciate it, either.
I swear... if you tell me you're a Rangers fan too, then I think you're just trying to be me. Cowboys, Magic... Alba... hahaha.

Enjoy!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how much of a need is ILB now?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alba is my favorite, D. I dislike the Rangers, however.

As for Jason Williams...I'll admit, I'm pretty shocked and extremely disappointed. Guess he just wasnt a football player. The guy has P Willie measurables and has no idea how to put them to use. God it really does piss me off. On paper, he looked like the perfect fit...but alas, he couldnt play. ****.

I hate letting a player that skilled just walk...grrrr. But I get it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Still below the secondary and the offensive line. I'd put it on par with DE... as we don't really know what a full time Bowen or a full time Leon Williams would be like.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is a deeper question that needs to be answered. The 2009 draft class has been cut. Who was behind this. This doesn't scream Jerry...he usually tends to hold on to some of the talent. Whoever was responsible for this draft is probably already gone. I wonder...my initial guess is Wade had his hand in this one quite a bit. Jason Williams was obvious to me. Brewster was a ball of clay to mold....Hamlin was a ballhawk...these all could point to Wade. Anyone have any other insight?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Sadly it's a huge need. Right up there with O-line, Safety, and CB. We can't get everyone in the draft, and we need a draft similiar to 2005 and 2008 to recover from this debacle of a draft. I would of at least wanted to see him start one game before this, but maybe Leon Williams gives us hope.

I remember when we thought we had 2 ILB starters with Lee and Williams.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Bradie has still put together a nice season and he's moving much faster than he used to....it really depends on the new coaching staff, imo. Sean Lee will more than likely be one of the starters next year. I guess it's debatable whether Bradie will be or not. And I dont think that's really on him. Because I think he's played very well, compared to others on our defense this year. We'll be picking one up, that's for sure...but I dont know how much of a premium they'd put on the position, as far as FA priority or draft position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-02-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Does anyone think Jerry signing 2 FA Offensive Lineman is extreme?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's hard to predict anything with the labor problems going on. And quality O-Lineman are still not the easiest things to come by, via FA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think there is a deeper question that needs to be answered. The 2009 draft class has been cut. Who was behind this. This doesn't scream Jerry...he usually tends to hold on to some of the talent. Whoever was responsible for this draft is probably already gone. I wonder...my initial guess is Wade had his hand in this one quite a bit. Jason Williams was obvious to me. Brewster was a ball of clay to mold....Hamlin was a ballhawk...these all could point to Wade. Anyone have any other insight?
It wasn't Wade. The only player that I could probably link Wade to is Anthony Spencer. He REALLLLY wanted Spencer. Other than that, I don't think they gave him any real input into who the Cowboys drafted.

This was ALL Tom Ciskowski. That's the guy to blame here.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's hard to predict anything with the labor problems going on. And quality O-Lineman are still not the easiest things to come by, via FA.
Yeah, I think if we get 1 that would be realistic.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This team is gonna get blown up during the off-season.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It wasn't Wade. The only player that I could probably link Wade to is Anthony Spencer. He REALLLLY wanted Spencer. Other than that, I don't think they gave him any real input into who the Cowboys drafted.

This was ALL Tom Ciskowski. That's the guy to blame here.
Earlier today the Cowboys decided to cut Jason Williams. On Oct. 15 they cut Robert Brewster. They were their top two picks of the 2009 draft, Nos. 69 and 75 overall

Williams played in 10 games in his year-plus, mostly on special teams. Brewster missed his rookie season with a torn pectoral muscle and was active for only the season opener at Washington.

If the Cowboys were being honest with themselves coming out of training camp, then neither would have made the 53-man roster this year.

But third-round draft picks get the benefit of the doubt. Williams was a Wade Phillips' pick. The coach loved his athleticism. Brewster was a favorite of offensive line coach Hudson Houck.

Neither guy could play.

It was evident in training camp when Williams would get beat on the same corner route every day by a tight end. It was evident when he would over pursue on a running play. Brewster's case is a little different because of the injury last year, but he could not compete athletically often enough to handle the tackle spot. He would get beat by a speed rush or a power rush.

By keeping Williams and Brewster, the Cowboys let other players that could have helped leave for little or nothing in return. Maybe a Pat McQuistan, who is starting at right guard in Miami, would have been nice to have as a backup. Maybe safety Pat Watkins would have been better to keep as a help to the special teams units. Maybe cornerback Cletis Gordon would have provided some insurance in case of injuries like the one Terence Newman suffered.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-to-thems.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

By the way...I'm so happy that Bob Sturm, who has had some silly posts this year, has finally realized we cant run block at all. And has since stopped blaming Felix. He finally posted on the matter...a few too many weeks late, however. Could have made that post a long time ago. But yeah, I seriously cannot believe how much this o-line has regressed. And it is the most apparent on that right side. Davis is done, he's absolutely horrible, our worst lineman by far, and Colombo has been pretty damn horrible as well. Neither can run block at all anymore. Colombo still runs pretty hot/cold overall, at least. He's still serviceable, I suppose. But we might as well not even have a RG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

The o-line philosphy has to be this going into the off-season:

Free is the LT.

Re-sign kosier for cheap if he'll take it, if not, f*ck him.

Move gurode to guard.

Draft a true center in the 2nd round.

Pick up a starter or 2 in FA.

Can't neglect it any longer. It's simple.

Also, is Roy back or not?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Anyone give thought to the fact that Williams was cut to make room for Merriman. Williams will resigned to the practice squad just like Brewster! They won't give up on them that easy.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote