Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ratliff was like crying lol.
I respected that. You know he's one of the few who didn't quit.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newman is somewhat of a leader. Playing through his injury, he tried calling out the team earlier in the year for their poor efforts in practice, so he's one of the guys who tried, but it didn't work.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Romo is a leader, but he's on offense and he can't lead when he's hurt.

I think Witten is a leader. They have no leaders on defense, minus Brooking, who is too old and unproductive to be a real leader out there.

Ware is like Tuck, too soft spoken to be a true leader.
Witten a leader? I can't picture that. When I met him, he was the quietest soft spoken guy ever. Cool, really cool guy, but just quiet. I can't picture him ripping anyone.

You don't have to be productive to be a leader. Droughns was a leader from what I remember, and he was just a special teams guy. You have to have some sort of leader.

And I point to the Giants-Dallas game couple weeks ago. We were down 20-7, and our sideline was amped up, and motivating each other. Once we came back, the Dallas bench was quiet, staring at the sky. I didn't see one player trying to motivate or encourage his teammates. I do remember O'hara pumping guys up to fight and claw back.

I just don't see that with the cowboys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Brandon Jackson who runs like a 4.8 lol turned the corner on Newman.

Peterson is a need. Our secondary is just getting torched. If our philosophy is still just play man and get our asses whooped next year, might as well add Peterson. Or prince.

The defense is awful.

Hey BBD, your big on defense, and me and D-Unit are having an argument on how our scheme is just a vanilla joke now.

Can you settle this?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But I think step # 1 is hiring a real GM, and having Jones step down.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Witten a leader? I can't picture that. When I met him, he was the quietest soft spoken guy ever. Cool, really cool guy, but just quiet. I can't picture him ripping anyone.

You don't have to be productive to be a leader. Droughns was a leader from what I remember, and he was just a special teams guy. You have to have some sort of leader.

And I point to the Giants-Dallas game couple weeks ago. We were down 20-7, and our sideline was amped up, and motivating each other. Once we came back, the Dallas bench was quiet, staring at the sky. I didn't see one player trying to motivate or encourage his teammates. I do remember O'hara pumping guys up to fight and claw back.

They were amped up because they knew they were about to win with John Kitna in the game. Don't kid yourself lol.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

The Giants were no different from them last year. When you lose faith in the coach, that's it. There's no turning back.

Injuries, losing, and lost faith in the coaching staff will always do that to ya.

Just last year everyone talked about how Dallas solved their leadership issues. Brooking brought energy to the defense, Romo stepped up as a leader on offense yadadada.

At the end of the day, it's all about winning. When you're winning, you're leaders are "doing their job", when you're losing, theres a lack of leadership.

Look at the Giants early in teh year, Rolle calls out our leadership. Now we're winning and everyone is holding hands.

It's all about winning.
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thank you BBD. I don't really beleieve in this leadership ****. If your winning its all roses. If your losing, it's not.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
They were amped up because they knew they were about to win with John Kitna in the game. Don't kid yourself lol.
Well, I am sure that played a factor too. But you still have to have the right frame of mind to come back. After all, your defense was supposed to be good. The point is we have leaders on offense, Chase is a capt. and leader on special teams, and the defensive leader was the biggest question mark coming into the season. Tuck has stepped up nicely.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Brandon Jackson who runs like a 4.8 lol turned the corner on Newman.

Peterson is a need. Our secondary is just getting torched. If our philosophy is still just play man and get our asses whooped next year, might as well add Peterson. Or prince.

The defense is awful.

Hey BBD, your big on defense, and me and D-Unit are having an argument on how our scheme is just a vanilla joke now.

Can you settle this?
Wade's scheme has always been great at generating pressure but piss poor when it comes to coverage integrity.

Recently, he's fallen in love with Ware and Spencer too much and has run some pretty basic blitz packages, and he runs a ton of man.

When you run a man based defense, your blitz packages need to be well drawn up or else you become predictable and easy to read. That's whats happened to Dallas.

And the simple issue is guys just aren't winning their 1 on 1 battles in the front 7. Quite honestly, this Dallas defense just isn't all that talented. Below average DEs, below average ILBs, terrible safeties.

The middle of the back 7 is soft and teams have exploited it. It worked last year bc your CBs played great, but with a down year by your CBs, your defense is getting exposed.

Wade's defense is an awful lot like the Jets. It relies heavily on its DBs to hold up in coverage. With the secondary playing so poorly this year, the whole scheme is falling apart at the seams.

And the front 7 isn't getting the pressure it should.

Think of your defense as more of a 46 defense than a 3-4. Just like the Jets. The Jets defense is overrated talent wise too. They have great ILBs and great CBs, but that's it. If the Jets DBs were to have a bad season, their defense would look like trash too.

That's whats happening to Dallas. Your scheme relies so heavily on the CBs, and they are just not getting the job done.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Eagles will find a way to **** things up at least once.
You're right.

The 3-win sweep of Philly last season presents a stigma in their heads that could be worth at least 1 win from them. Maybe that will motivate Cowboys players vs. the Eagles too
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

4:15 presser for you guys...

Tubby getting extended for 5 years? I pray he doesn't get fired.. Unless Garrett gets hired and hires me! Then it's fine!

But thought I'd pass on the presser notice.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Boss...anyone but the Cowboys, Eagles or Redskins! haha :p

I'd shed a tear.

But yeah, chances are they're firing Wade.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where is the leader who will rip him a new one? Do the cowboys even have a vocal leader?
The Cowboys have guys that are vocal in pregame cheering... and they have guys who will dance and cheer after good plays. It's pathetic.

When the chips are down and someone needs to step up... we have no one. The media doesn't even know who to put on the stand to question. Usually, you'll have a leader from the defense, who the media will question about what happened... Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, Briant Dawkins (when he was w/the Eagles)... for us, the media doesn't even know who to talk to.

I'll tell you who the 2 most natural leaders are on offense and defense... Tashard Choice and Sean Lee. Choice gets burried by the OC, when he should be starting. Lee can't see the field because even though Wade wants to play him, the vets refuse to get off the field and listen to him. LMAO. Mutiny in full effect.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Boss...anyone but the Cowboys, Eagles or Redskins! haha :p

I'd shed a tear.

But yeah, chances are they're firing Wade.
And by firing.. you mean extending him? They can't fire him! I'd miss all those confused and lost looks he gives on the sidelines. Who else will talk into his headset and look like he has no clue what's going on around him?

I really hope they don't fire him.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Cowboys have guys that are vocal in pregame cheering... and they have guys who will dance and cheer after good plays. It's pathetic.

When the chips are down and someone needs to step up... we have no one. The media doesn't even know who to put on the stand to question. Usually, you'll have a leader from the defense, who the media will question about what happened... Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, Briant Dawkins (when he was w/the Eagles)... for us, the media doesn't even know who to talk to.

I'll tell you who the 2 most natural leaders are on offense and defense... Tashard Choice and Sean Lee. Choice gets burried by the OC, when he should be starting. Lee can't see the field because even though Wade wants to play him, the vets refuse to get off the field and listen to him. LMAO. Mutiny in full effect.

HAHA I forgot, IGOR! Doing a little dance after making a play down 18 points! Hahaha How did I forget about him? He should be voted as a leader.. Not vocal, but inspire the team through dance!

IGOR Lord of the dance.

When words can't inspire...

When your team has lost all hope...

Who do call to rejuvinate the team?

IGOR! Dance Igor!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I respected that. You know he's one of the few who didn't quit.
Ratliff was mad because he got taken out of the game because he was doing so bad. He may not have quit, but he was just baaaaaaad.

I hope the new coaching staff FINALLY does the right thing and moves him to DE.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Newman is somewhat of a leader. Playing through his injury, he tried calling out the team earlier in the year for their poor efforts in practice, so he's one of the guys who tried, but it didn't work.
Somewhat... but not nearly enough.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That is not a possibility, so the next best thing is having a HC who Jerry respects enough to be a part of the player acquisition process. Like Parcells was. Wade wasn't, but that was probably a good thing.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys see Wade at the presser after the game? Talk about a defeated man, all he was doing was taking a big deep sigh before he answered anything and scratching his head. He's finished, the surprising thing is how quickly he lost the team.

We may have been losing before, but with Romo every game we lost came down to less then 7 points, and one possesion at the end of the game. Now Wade can't even get guys to play hard, I doubt Garrett will either. It'd be a great start to the off-season if Wade and Garrett were fired.

Were also gonna need to be highly active in Free Agency. A 5th round pick for Barber sure would be nice right about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've thought for years that Jerry needs a true GM, but that's not happening until Jerry dies or turns the team over to one of his sons. I've made peace with it somewhat, and I just hope that he gets a good coach that knows how to bring in good personnel. We're stuck with him as the GM for a long ass time.

Quote:
Ratliff was mad because he got taken out of the game because he was doing so bad. He may not have quit, but he was just baaaaaaad.

If the new coaching staff brings in a 4-3 then Ratliff would be really beast in the middle. He's having a down year right now. I read on BTB that he had elbow surgery earlier and that may be lingering him a bit. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since this has been the only time he hasn't looked good for long stretches.

If it's the 4-3 they could do wonders with him, but if they stay in the 3-4 then it's probably time to move him to end.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree, replace Spears with Ratliff to utilize his quickness & spend that very high 1st rounder on a more pressing need, like OL or DB. Then they have to find a new NG or switch from the 3-4, not that it's working really well anyway. Spears is a lot more expendable than Lord of the Dance Olshansky :D, but seriously Spears never lived up to his hype & hasn't been coachable.

Kris Jenkins or Ngata-type NGs in the draft are very rare & few, & FA NTs don't come cheaply. Who's draftworthy this yr? Maybe Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss, Phil Taylor from Baylor, IDK, those 2 might be a stretch.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The Giants were no different from them last year. When you lose faith in the coach, that's it. There's no turning back.

Injuries, losing, and lost faith in the coaching staff will always do that to ya.

Just last year everyone talked about how Dallas solved their leadership issues. Brooking brought energy to the defense, Romo stepped up as a leader on offense yadadada.

At the end of the day, it's all about winning. When you're winning, you're leaders are "doing their job", when you're losing, theres a lack of leadership.

Look at the Giants early in teh year, Rolle calls out our leadership. Now we're winning and everyone is holding hands.

It's all about winning.
You sure it's not the other way around? Our #1 uno leader is Romo. He never had protection all year and now he's out. It's no mystery why this team has given up like they have. Our guy went down, and we lost all belief. We don't have the leadership in the coaching staff on offense or on defense to pick up the slack.

Even when we were winning, I always complained about the heart and leadership on this team (outside of Romo). It became a point where, Romo was enough to keep me quiet, and Brooking brought a little something to the pregame cheer, but that was the extent of it. Part of the reason why I didn't like letting TO go was because he wasn't one to let others around him to give up. He was vocal about stirring up guys on the sidelines. Personnel wise, we were able to replace his production, but we weren't able to replace his leadership.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Did you guys see Wade at the presser after the game? Talk about a defeated man, all he was doing was taking a big deep sigh before he answered anything and scratching his head. He's finished, the surprising thing is how quickly he lost the team.

We may have been losing before, but with Romo every game we lost came down to less then 7 points, and one possesion at the end of the game. Now Wade can't even get guys to play hard, I doubt Garrett will either. It'd be a great start to the off-season if Wade and Garrett were fired.

Were also gonna need to be highly active in Free Agency. A 5th round pick for Barber sure would be nice right about now.

Yeah I like to make fun of him, but he is supposed to be a really good guy. I just don't see him as a HC in this league. Way too much of a player's coach, like Jim Fasshole was for us when we went downhill.

Hopefully you guys don't fire Wade.

Quote:
That is not a possibility, so the next best thing is having a HC who Jerry respects enough to be a part of the player acquisition process. Like Parcells was. Wade wasn't, but that was probably a good thing.

Well, if you do get a HC, he would have to be a "yes" man. I don't see a big time HC taking orders from Jerry. I think now we see that last residue of Parcells has left. Now this team is Wade's team. The next HC has to build things up and set things right.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I agree, replace Spears with Ratliff to utilize his quickness & spend that very high 1st rounder on a more pressing need, like OL or DB. Then they have to find a new NG or switch from the 3-4, not that it's working really well anyway. Spears is a lot more expendable than Lord of the Dance Olshansky :D, but seriously Spears never lived up to his hype & hasn't been coachable.

Kris Jenkins or Ngata-type NGs in the draft are very rare & few, & FA NTs don't come cheaply. Who's draftworthy this yr? Maybe Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss, Phil Taylor from Baylor, IDK, those 2 might be a stretch.
I kind of liked what I saw out of Brent last night to be honest. I was trying to key in on him and he was battling out there.

As for the draft, Powe is definitely not the guy. He does not know how to stay up on his feet. Always falling down, and peeling himself off the ground, not making an impact in the game. I hope we don't get fooled into taking him. I'd like Taylor late in the draft... somewhere like the 6th round. But he may get taken earlier just because of his rare size. Still, I wouldn't take him any earlier due to his subpar career. Kenrick Ellis is probably the NT prospect I like the best.