Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I respected that. You know he's one of the few who didn't quit.
I agree. You know he cares. About winning, not just the paycheck.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Well, if you do get a HC, he would have to be a "yes" man. I don't see a big time HC taking orders from Jerry. I think now we see that last residue of Parcells has left. Now this team is Wade's team. The next HC has to build things up and set things right.
Jerry loves being a GM, but he has been supportive of wants that his coaches have had regarding player personnel.

I think Jerry made the mistake of hiring Garrett, but not making him HC. You don't hire your OC before you hire your HC. This was a disaster in the making. He never really let Wade be a HC. In fact, he made him the DC. This team has been without a HC from the moment they fired Stewart as DC. How can you have a HC not involved in anything regarding the offense? It's a joke. It's amazing what we accomplished during Wade's tenure considering.

This time, we need to hire a HC first and let him set up his own staff. That will be a HUGE part of getting back on track.

There are a lot of good HC candidates out there, so we'll see what happens. A combination of Brian Billick as HC and Marvin Lewis as DC would excite me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was listening to either the Ticket or the Fan this morning (can't remember which, just know it wasn't the Ben & Skin guys on ESPN 103.3), and he gave a list of 10 guys who need to go off this team.

Most of them are easy to agree with:
-Alan Ball
-Gerald Sensabaugh

But he also had:
Anthony Spencer, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Mike Jenkins......

He talked about guys mental makeup over physical so-called ability.
He said Felix is dumb, has a low football IQ.

And he ripped on Mike Jenkins big time. I thought I was the only one who immediately noticed him going Antonio Cromartie last night on the non-tackle on James Jones.

What guys would you try and get rid of?
Certainly Spencer and Felix would fetch some nice draft picks. I doubt anyone here would want to part with these guys though like the host on the radio suggested.

I think your DBs and OL are all that needs to be seriously changed. I can't find another OL that run-blocks that badly, and those DBs are as bad as it gets in the NFL.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Cowboys have guys that are vocal in pregame cheering... and they have guys who will dance and cheer after good plays. It's pathetic.

When the chips are down and someone needs to step up... we have no one. The media doesn't even know who to put on the stand to question. Usually, you'll have a leader from the defense, who the media will question about what happened... Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, Briant Dawkins (when he was w/the Eagles)... for us, the media doesn't even know who to talk to.

I'll tell you who the 2 most natural leaders are on offense and defense... Tashard Choice and Sean Lee. Choice gets burried by the OC, when he should be starting. Lee can't see the field because even though Wade wants to play him, the vets refuse to get off the field and listen to him. LMAO. Mutiny in full effect.
First thing you have said that I agree with in a while.

Brooking tries allbeit but he just doesn't have the affect on the younger guys.

Choice is a huge leader and for anyone that doesn't believe that look him up on Youtube: Pregame Speech and tell me that doesn't make you want him starting even more?

As far as Lee; haven't seen anything exactly on that, but I would like to hear more in respect to his leadership qualities.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im not a Sean Lee fan. I thought he was a JAG LB to be honest. Outside of OLB and 1 DE/NT spot (Ratliff, who is actually having a down season), I think this defense can use a major overhaul.

Both DE spots are below average. Both ILB spots are below average. You have 1 promising CB in Jenkins who is inconsistent, and no safeties.

I think John Fox is your guy. He's the perfect mix for this team. Sure, he brings a 4-3 defense with him, but Fox is legit. I love the guy and was hoping he'd be a candidate to replace Coughlin when he retires.

I personally hope Fox doesn't go to the Cowboys bc he's a Giant at heart, but I do admit it would be a great hire by Jerry if he did it.
Sean Lee has the character and drive to make himself more than a JAG. I'm no where near giving up on him as a possible keeper for this team. In fact, I have huge excitement over him as possibly becoming that leader on defense that I've been talking about us not having.

Our defense has a lot of holes, but I think if we had 2 new safeties, we could really start to see a big turn around on D. We need to find out about AOA now, I don't care about how raw he is. I would expect bad plays to come out of him, but if he can show flashes, then we know he's worth developing. Ball and Sensabaugh are just ridiculously bad.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the Video of Choice for anyone that hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOkxgvboPk

Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
First thing you have said that I agree with in a while.

Brooking tries allbeit but he just doesn't have the affect on the younger guys.

Choice is a huge leader and for anyone that doesn't believe that look him up on Youtube: Pregame Speech and tell me that doesn't make you want him starting even more?

As far as Lee; haven't seen anything exactly on that, but I would like to hear more in respect to his leadership qualities.
It's not that Brooking doesn't have an effect on the younger guys... I think it's the older guys that he doesn't have an effect on. You gotta look at the guys on the field. Outside of Jenkins, the young guys aren't out there.

As for Choice... I've brought him up as the guy to start and have only been laughed at... and called crazy.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry loves being a GM, but he has been supportive of wants that his coaches have had regarding player personnel.

I think Jerry made the mistake of hiring Garrett, but not making him HC. You don't hire your OC before you hire your HC. This was a disaster in the making. He never really let Wade be a HC. In fact, he made him the DC. This team has been without a HC from the moment they fired Stewart as DC. How can you have a HC not involved in anything regarding the offense? It's a joke. It's amazing what we accomplished during Wade's tenure considering.

This time, we need to hire a HC first and let him set up his own staff. That will be a HUGE part of getting back on track.

There are a lot of good HC candidates out there, so we'll see what happens. A combination of Brian Billick as HC and Marvin Lewis as DC would excite me.

He may love being a GM, but I don't think he is a good one. I think if you guys had a real football guy as a GM, your franchise could do a lot better. But with Jerry, he has an ego, and he treats your team like a brand name. He is the center and the face of the franchise.

I do agree with you with the order of coaches being hired. It was weird how things went down. But that's why you let the new coach come in and hire everyone. The owner has to butt out. Since he is the GM, then do it the normal way of hiring. However, the Garrett Family is good friends with Jones. I know that first hand, so while the order of hiring makes no sense, it does in a way, because he hired people that have been close to him.

I don't see Brian B wanting to coach in Dallas and dealing with that circus. He has a nice cushy job working for NFL network. Would he want to lose job stability and enter the circus known as Jerry's world?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips no longer Cowboys head coach; Jason Garrett the interim replacement

http://m.sportsdaydallas.com/sportsd...l=true#display

Damn.. I am going to miss Tubby and those bang cartoon skits.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Wade Phillips no longer Cowboys head coach; Jason Garrett the interim replacement

http://m.sportsdaydallas.com/sportsd...l=true#display

Damn.. I am going to miss Tubby and those bang cartoon skits.
Meh. I don't expect anything to change. Does anyone else?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
toddarcher

1. @idesignrealty something happened internally 2 where story was inadvertently posted. Story is not true.

Author of the article or website had a False start. Archer tweets that it's not true.

Tubby is still alive!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He may love being a GM, but I don't think he is a good one. I think if you guys had a real football guy as a GM, your franchise could do a lot better. But with Jerry, he has an ego, and he treats your team like a brand name. He is the center and the face of the franchise.

I do agree with you with the order of coaches being hired. It was weird how things went down. But that's why you let the new coach come in and hire everyone. The owner has to butt out. Since he is the GM, then do it the normal way of hiring. However, the Garrett Family is good friends with Jones. I know that first hand, so while the order of hiring makes no sense, it does in a way, because he hired people that have been close to him.

I don't see Brian B wanting to coach in Dallas and dealing with that circus. He has a nice cushy job working for NFL network. Would he want to lose job stability and enter the circus known as Jerry's world?
So you're saying the hiring doesn't make sense, but it does make sense. LOL. I know what you mean. Jerry's trust and relationship with the Garrett's was the mistake in the first place. They aren't a good NFL caliber coaching family.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
toddarcher

1. @idesignrealty something happened internally 2 where story was inadvertently posted. Story is not true.

Author of the article or website had a False start. Archer tweets that it's not true.

Tubby is still alive!
With or without him... nothing changes. Nor do I want change. Losing suits me perfectly fine at this point. There's nothing to cheer for. I understand why the players play like there's nothing to play for.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
So you're saying the hiring doesn't make sense, but it does make sense. LOL. I know what you mean. Jerry's relationship with the Garrett's was the mistake in the first place. They aren't a good NFL caliber coaching family.
Well it doesn't make sense from the norm of what usually happens. So from that standpoint no, but I do know, that old man Garrett is tight with Jones.

He scouted for him, Judd Garrett works in the personnel dept. and both, Jason and John are coaches for the staff. Jones basically did a personal favor and hooked up a family friend who has kids that are experienced. Normally you hire the coach, and then he hires the OC and DC and staff. But Jones hooked up his friend.

They do have talent, but I have no idea why he does some of the stuff. I know all the guys are cool guys. I coached with John Garrett and he is a cool guy. Maybe he will make a better coach?

Old man Garrett is the coolest guy. But i think those guys will always have a job because of the family name, and connections. That's what the NFL is about. Connections..

Let's not forget Gilbride was a Garrett early on Mr. Run and Shoot, who hates to run the ball. Now look at him.. Can you believe how, in general, our team runs very well? Remember this is Gilbride as our OC. So OCs can change, so don't discount that aspect. Mr. Run and Shoot, now actually is well balanced. I am no fan of Gilbride, but during his tenure here, he has done a Damn good job for us.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well it doesn't make sense from the norm of what usually happens. So from that standpoint no, but I do know, that old man Garrett is tight with Jones.

He scouted for him, Judd Garrett works in the personnel dept. and both, Jason and John are coaches for the staff. Jones basically did a personal favor and hooked up a family friend who has kids that are experienced. Normally you hire the coach, and then he hires the OC and DC and staff. But Jones hooked up his friend.

They do have talent, but I have no idea why he does some of the stuff. I know all the guys are cool guys. I coached with John Garrett and he is a cool guy. Maybe he will make a better coach?

Old man Garrett is the coolest guy. But i think those guys will always have a job because of the family name, and connections. That's what the NFL is about. Connections..

Let's not forget Gilbride was a Garrett early on Mr. Run and Shoot, who hates to run the ball. Now look at him.. Can you believe how, in general, our team runs very well? Remember this is Gilbride as our OC. So OCs can change, so don't discount that aspect. Mr. Run and Shoot, now actually is well balanced. I am no fan of Gilbride, but during his tenure here, he has done a Damn good job for us.
Jason Garrett may be good one day... but I knew from the start that we'd suffer because he was never an OC before and we'd have to live through his growing process as well. He'll most likely become the interim HC and then be dismissed at the end of the season.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Jason Garrett may be good one day... but I knew from the start that we'd suffer because he was never an OC before and we'd have to live through his growing process as well. He'll most likely become the interim HC and then be dismissed at the end of the season.
Other reports and links on BBI suggest Tubby is indeed gone, and Garrett is the new HC. I guess i will wait until this season is done, to see what happens then.

He still did a GREAT Job for not having OC experience. You want to see a horrible OC destroy a QB early, check out John Hufangel and how he impacted Eli. Eli did A LOT better once Huffy was fired.

I also think the league has caught up in some ways with some of JG's concepts. However, the output from his offense is pretty impressive. Miles, Witten, and Romo have done well under JG. I know Witten is personally tight with the Garrett family especially old man Garrett. He spoke at the coaching clinic camp I was at. These are the type of connections that help. Witten has hall of fame talent, but it helps to be tight with the family like Garrett's who have their hands on the team.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not that Brooking doesn't have an effect on the younger guys... I think it's the older guys that he doesn't have an effect on. You gotta look at the guys on the field. Outside of Jenkins, the young guys aren't out there.

As for Choice... I've brought him up as the guy to start and have only been laughed at... and called crazy.
That is a good point, didn't look at it that way on the Brooking Standpoint

As far as Choice starting I'm not sure... He is obviously a fighter and wants to win ball games and won't quit till the game is over. But watching Barber run last night was lot different from watching Felix run.
Barber looked like a better back than Jones, if nothing else let Choice take some snaps from the both of them.

Anyone else notice that with all this speed why not run some of the "Razorback" I mean from what I have seen we haven't been using it at all..

Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
The Cowboys have guys that are vocal in pregame cheering... and they have guys who will dance and cheer after good plays. It's pathetic.

When the chips are down and someone needs to step up... we have no one. The media doesn't even know who to put on the stand to question. Usually, you'll have a leader from the defense, who the media will question about what happened... Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, Briant Dawkins (when he was w/the Eagles)... for us, the media doesn't even know who to talk to.

I'll tell you who the 2 most natural leaders are on offense and defense... Tashard Choice and Sean Lee. Choice gets burried by the OC, when he should be starting. Lee can't see the field because even though Wade wants to play him, the vets refuse to get off the field and listen to him. LMAO. Mutiny in full effect.
False. Dez steps up.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nope, but we can officially eliminate Garrett from the coaching search next year after some more abysmal games.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
False. Dez steps up.
Steps up and plays, yeah. No doubt about it.

Is he a vocal leader... someone who can be a team captain? I don't know if he has that kind of character to be honest. He barely speaks English. lol.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
False. Dez steps up.
False

Dez makes plays, isn't a leader.
Take his crap in preseason, a leader takes his blows and carries the pads he doesn't sit there and say I'm too good to do that.

He tries to do too much on his own, watch after some of his catches when he dances around Reggie Bush style only to go no where. I love Dez as a player but a Wide Receiver can only be so much of a leader as a rookie, let's wait and see how he performs.

Let's remember not even the Great Playmaker came in as an undisputed leader here so don't start announcing Dez will be or is.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dez actually is kinda smart. He stutters sometimes, but he seems intelligent in his interviews.

He has been trying to pump the teams up the past 3 weeks. Against the Giants he was trying to hype up Kitna.

He may become that Larry Fitzgerald type, leader from the WR position.

He's so good that you have to listen to him.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
False

Dez makes plays, isn't a leader.
Take his crap in preseason, a leader takes his blows and carries the pads he doesn't sit there and say I'm too good to do that.

He tries to do too much on his own, watch after some of his catches when he dances around Reggie Bush style only to go no where. I love Dez as a player but a Wide Receiver can only be so much of a leader as a rookie, let's wait and see how he performs.

Let's remember not even the Great Playmaker came in as an undisputed leader here so don't start announcing Dez will be or is.
No, you fail.

Or.. He he was being a grown man and said f*ck carrying the pads to roy BECAUSE HE WAS THERE FOR HIS JOB.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Dez actually is kinda smart. He stutters sometimes, but he seems intelligent in his interviews.

He has been trying to pump the teams up the past 3 weeks. Against the Giants he was trying to hype up Kitna.

He may become that Larry Fitzgerald type, leader from the WR position.

He's so good that you have to listen to him.
I've heard enough. Fitzgerald is a lousy leader... if you wanna call him that.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, you fail.

Or.. He he was being a grown man and said f*ck carrying the pads to roy BECAUSE HE WAS THERE FOR HIS JOB.
Haha, I fail, funny.

You ride some bandwagons really hard from what I have seen my friend and I am not gonna get into a personal hit there.

Dez is still a kid playing in the NFL, he is a star on an abysmal team. Did Calvin Johnson make Headlines playing for the Lions when they sucked? How about Andre Johnson for the Texans?

Dez is far from the best receiver in the League, heck I wouldn't say he is best on our team (but that is a matter of opinion). Saying he is going to be a Larry Fitz kind of guy isn't making you look smarter, it makes you look like you just compare him to the best guy you have seen play in a super bowl. Speaking of Larry Fitz, do you hear him making headlines lately? No.

Dez maybe a gifted athlete, maybe was a leader on Oklahoma State's team before he got kicked off the team, but that doesn't make him a leader here. He is now playing ball with as you put it "grown men" not the 18-22 year olds he was a leader to in college.

"Trying to Hype up Kitna" as you put it doesn't make him a leader. Many here hated T.O. and that is what he said he was doing.

Before I just completely discredit everything you said ill give you a chance.

What has Dez done here to make himself look like a leader? I already know #1 is he hasn't quit during a game yet, I pointed that out last night that he was one of the few still fighting. Now feel free to give me other ways of how he is being a leader.