Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it' official

"Todd Archer reports that defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni has been promoted to defensive coordinator.

Archer:

An incredibly detailed coach, players like Jason Witten and DeMarcus Ware credit Pasqualoni with their development. He is considered a no-nonsense task master and he will get the final eight games to see if he can help turn around a defense that has fallen way off.

He is definitely no-nonsense. I've watched him at training camp, and he's a very serious dude on the football field."

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESVAburnout View Post
Also GET DEZ BRYANT THE BALL. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!
Jerry said that?

And yeah, I was wondering, what do you think we have to do for garrett to retain his job?

If we win games, lose out of Peterson/Prince, and keep garrett, I'll probly become a giants fan. LMFAO.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ESVAburnout
Rookie

ESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Jerry said that?

And yeah, I was wondering, what do you think we have to do for garrett to retain his job?

If we win games, lose out of Peterson/Prince, and keep garrett, I'll probly become a giants fan. LMFAO.

LOL. Good question though. I don't know I think he is just there for the moment to see if he was any HC potential at all.
ESVAburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Wait, Jerry said get the ball to Dez Bryant? Or was that your joke?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESVAburnout View Post
I've read for many years but haven't posted for any of those. I hope someone who doesn't really have a lot to say to anyone can get some respect; motivation around here. My post will probably never be 3 or 4 paragraphs but I get into the game. Best believe that.

But yes, my dad called, so... I think the Cowboys will win every game and I will root for them every game until I die. I don't care if there are 2-13 teams I will root for the Cowboy's to go 3-13 over 2-14. I would be screaming like a little girl if we were down 53-0 lol. I love my Cowboys.

Jerry Jones just said it best "you should play every down like it is your last" you know what I would give to play for millions of dollars a year playing the game we love? TRY. You'll get more money by the end, promise :). Ya'll can hate on Jerry Jones all you want I love him, he loves his team and will always do what he thinks is best for them, I think his fear is what if the GM wants to run the 4-3, wants to run a different style of offense?

Say it with me. "WE ******".

His style had won us 3 super bowls we can't forget that. He even shut up some of the media with his response questions to Jason Garret(SP???) being the new interim head coach. Also GET DEZ BRYANT THE BALL. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!
Hey, welcome to the forum ESVA. You sound like an honest to goodness true fan. Tell us some more about yourself. How old you are, how long you've been a fan, how it got started.... what your name means... That'd be cool.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I didn't say it would happen or that it's likely.

I'm simply throwing this out for discussion. I realize it would take a miracle for this team to close 4-4, but what if it happened and it was clear that it happened because Garrett took things by the reins and kicked some butt?

Would that be enough for you to give him a shot?
I couldnt even envision it. Garrett has been a huge problem for years, more so than Wade. If I had my way, he would have been fired first.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well good luck with your new coach.. of course after sunday. We need to win this game with no complications. : P

On the other hand, everyone is calling, texting and such for me to get a hold of Garrett. So heres to JG becoming your full time coach! If that happens, perhaps I can get my buttock in the NFL after all. Then I can give you guys inside access!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha. The only benefit of having JG becoming the next real HC. ^ lol. I wish you luck...but yeah, I'd rather JG hit the road at the end of the year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Well good luck with your new coach.. of course after sunday. We need to win this game with no complications. : P

On the other hand, everyone is calling, texting and such for me to get a hold of Garrett. So heres to JG becoming your full time coach! If that happens, perhaps I can get my buttock in the NFL after all. Then I can give you guys inside access!
I'm not willing to get inside access if it means Jason Garrett is our HC next year. LOL!

I do admire your connections though. Where are you coaching now?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not willing to get inside access if it means Jason Garrett is our HC next year. LOL!

I do admire your connections though. Where are you coaching now?
Not right now. About to go and hit up the medical school/doctor route. But it would be one last ditch effort. I can't keep waiting year after year. I may get in, or not, but I don't want to keep waiting and waiting. Atlanta and Coach Smith screwed me over once as did Judd Garrett. However, if JG gets in, I can meet or call old man Garrett or Coach Campo to get me in.

My plan is still continue what I am doing, and if it works out cool, if not, my plan is still on course.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That fumble where McCann was down just shows that we are cursed. The cowboys need change.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That fumble where McCann was down just shows that we are cursed. The cowboys need change.
Cursed teams never get the benefit of the doubt on close calls, & that call was completely bogus.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Garrett would be a better HC than OC. Actually I think that his biggest problem is playcalling. So now we have 8 weeks to see if he's a good HC or not, I will hold judgment until week 16.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I think that Garrett would be a better HC than OC. Actually I think that his biggest problem is playcalling. So now we have 8 weeks to see if he's a good HC or not, I will hold judgment until week 16.
He's still calling plays, though. So it doesnt really matter. haha.

He probably would make a better HC than coordinator...but the problem is, he'd want to be in control of the offense and he's really not that good at it.

I actually think his current mentality and scheming is better for the college game, actually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Jerry is going all flibbertygibbet again, having regrets by the thousands & a bad case of hindsight, kind of like his drunken whining rant that he didnt know was being filmed & made the youtube rounds earlier, "They were all over my bleeping ass..." etc.

The hubris wall cracked & fell & the mask came off & we saw the Dallas GM as a scared 7-yr-old again, now he's cracking under intense pressure again from the media he has so cultivated to puff himself up. He's saying he was "in denial" about the way the team was going & about Wade, hard to think he wasn't paying attn. if he's the self-appointed GM:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/08/j...-denial-about/

Here's a naked truth take on it about this GM who's and emperor who needed to be told he didn't have any clothes on -- kind of made me want to laugh & cry simultaneously too:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/08/jerry-jones-needs-to-fire-himself/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|sec1_lnk3|183040
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It depends if he delegates power and duties. If he wants to be the OC, then he will be in trouble.

HC Duties if an OC:

Offense
Defense
Special teams
Game Management
Game Planning/Practice Schedule/Meeting Schedule

Can someone do all that?

He has to realize the big picture and not be so bogged down with the offense now. Now the defense and special teams fall under his jurisdication so to speak. SO now he has to oversee that.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, I think there's something to this.

Some of the guys on the ticket have said that there are folks out at the ranch that have whispered that Garrett really hasn't taken a leadership role because he didn't want things to be uncomfortable for Wade. There are those that think Garrett will be very good in this role.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

He did sound like a BOSS in that interview. We'll see what he can do. I kinda want him to succeed, but then again I want a top 5 pick lol.. so somethings got to give.

As for the secondary, can AOA play a factor here? Once his ankle is right, I start him over ball. Why not?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He did sound like a BOSS in that interview. We'll see what he can do. I kinda want him to succeed, but then again I want a top 5 pick lol.. so somethings got to give.

As for the secondary, can AOA play a factor here? Once his ankle is right, I start him over ball. Why not?
Well he is a princeton grad. I'd assume he did have some smarts to get him there. I think he has the mental capacity to succeed. It will come down to people management and if he can put his ego aside and delegate power.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Because Garrett is coaching for his job...the very reason, he wont be sending all our young guys out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
It depends if he delegates power and duties. If he wants to be the OC, then he will be in trouble.

HC Duties if an OC:

Offense
Defense
Special teams
Game Management
Game Planning/Practice Schedule/Meeting Schedule

Can someone do all that?

He has to realize the big picture and not be so bogged down with the offense now. Now the defense and special teams fall under his jurisdication so to speak. SO now he has to oversee that.
I agree completely. I think that in today's sports (not only football, but sports in general) with all the pressure coming from the media and the fans, good coaches must be not only great motivators but also great communicators. They have to deliver the right message. I don't know if you like soccer, but Jose Mourinho is the clear example of that: he's so succesfull because he can handle pressure and the media and he's also a great motivator.

As I said, I'm gonna hold my judgment. What I want to see from JG is the ability to keep this team together, to give them energy, to motivate them. I don't care about the defensive scheme or even the offensive scheme, you can get good coordinators to solve those problems. I wanna see the fire.

Probably it's not that good of an example, but for the last few years I've been coaching a flag football female team. They're kids so you have to teach them how to play (something that you don't do that much in the pros) but still you have to be their HC on the field. So even though I wrote the playbook and I call the plays I think that my team likes to play for me and that's why they have been good (so far). It's not only about teaching, it's about giving them some motivation. With kids you know they want to have fun and so they want their coach to make them love the game. With adults you know they want to win so you have to put them in a position to compete.
Ultimately that's what I'm looking for in Garrett: if the team responds positevely to him and if he shows the team that they can rely on him, well than I think he will be a good HC. That was the problem with Wade: the players lost confindence in him.

And I won't stop rooting for the Cowboys. I want them to win. I know it's impossible that they're gonna win the next 8 games and make it to the playoffs, but I don't want to tank. I won't celebrate for a loss, I will still be mad for a loss. I don't care about having better draft picks, I still wanna win.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Because Garrett is coaching for his job...the very reason, he wont be sending all our young guys out there.
At the same token, he may not put up with the veterans who are simply not getting the job done and are getting playing time based off reputation, not production. Some guys on defense refused to come out... that might change.

Garrett knows that he can't do what Wade was doing and expect things to improve. A lot of changes could be on order. ...including, playing the young guys.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree completely. I think that in today's sports (not only football, but sports in general) with all the pressure coming from the media and the fans, good coaches must be not only great motivators but also great communicators. They have to deliver the right message. I don't know if you like soccer, but Jose Mourinho is the clear example of that: he's so succesfull because he can handle pressure and the media and he's also a great motivator.

As I said, I'm gonna hold my judgment. What I want to see from JG is the ability to keep this team together, to give them energy, to motivate them. I don't care about the defensive scheme or even the offensive scheme, you can get good coordinators to solve those problems. I wanna see the fire.

Probably it's not that good of an example, but for the last few years I've been coaching a flag football female team. They're kids so you have to teach them how to play (something that you don't do that much in the pros) but still you have to be their HC on the field. So even though I wrote the playbook and I call the plays I think that my team likes to play for me and that's why they have been good (so far). It's not only about teaching, it's about giving them some motivation. With kids you know they want to have fun and so they want their coach to make them love the game. With adults you know they want to win so you have to put them in a position to compete.
Ultimately that's what I'm looking for in Garrett: if the team responds positevely to him and if he shows the team that they can rely on him, well than I think he will be a good HC. That was the problem with Wade: the players lost confindence in him.

And I won't stop rooting for the Cowboys. I want them to win. I know it's impossible that they're gonna win the next 8 games and make it to the playoffs, but I don't want to tank. I won't celebrate for a loss, I will still be mad for a loss. I don't care about having better draft picks, I still wanna win.

I think the team just hated to lose and it wore on them without them even knowing. I was watching the NFL network and they interviewed Cowboys players and they looked really sad AND shocked that this happened. To me, that shows they liked him, and they almost seem blindsided by the firing.

When we fired Fasshole, everyone knew this was coming. I can remember huge "Fire Fassel!" chants erupting throughout the crowd, to the point where Wellington Mara said that the crowd had spoken, and we needed to change the product.

I think the players just hated to lose and fell into a rut. I don't think they hated or gave up on Wade so to speak. I always said you guys needed a Tom Coughlin type coach. We had a Wade Philips coach in Fasshole, and I hated him and that style of coaching.

I always liked the Parcells and Coughlin type of coaches. So I was glad we hired a guy like Coughlin, even though Giants fans and the media hated him.

For HCing you don't have to be a yeller. I like the strict style but I, myself, am more analytical type of person. I would fall under the Tony Dungy style of coaching in regards to yelling and cursing and such. I think I am a good communicator and motivator, however, I would hire yellers and fiery coaches to help communicate my message to the team too. I think a good manager surrounds himself with the proper talent.

JG needs to do that, but also, realize he is not in control of 1 side of the ball now. EVERYTHING falls under his control, including phases of the game he wouldn't have to worry about. That's the hardest thing now. Media and interviews which as a position coach or coordinator you don't have to do, now all have to get penciled in now.

As a HC he has to focus on the big picture and not worry about micromanaging everything. Let your coaches help you, and if that means giving up playcalling to your brother then so be it.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
At the same token, he may not put up with the veterans who are simply not getting the job done and are getting playing time based off reputation, not production. Some guys on defense refused to come out... that might change.

Garrett knows that he can't do what Wade was doing and expect things to improve. A lot of changes could be on order. ...including, playing the young guys.
Garrett? BS. This is the same guy who has a man crush on the declining Marion Barber. And with his free reign over the offense, he could have turned to Miles, whenever he thought he was ready. Garrett seems to like his veteran guys, regardless of performance.

Garrett needs to win to stay here...so I'd expect all the name guys to be starting. I dont think he's going to be experimenting with rookie LBs and S's out there.

edit...At least there is some good news. Damn near everyone of our ends is hurt...so we'll see tons of Bowen, here on out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Garrett? BS. This is the same guy who has a man crush on the declining Marion Barber. And with his free reign over the offense, he could have turned to Miles, whenever he thought he was ready. Garrett seems to like his veteran guys, regardless of performance.

Garrett needs to win to stay here...so I'd expect all the name guys to be starting. I dont think he's going to be experimenting with rookie LBs and S's out there.

edit...At least there is some good news. Damn near everyone of our ends is hurt...so we'll see tons of Bowen, here on out.
I doubt he would tinker with the defense. It's VERY hard for a coach minding his own side of the ball to come in and then make changes to other things. Just logistically it would be hard to do. I can only imagine since I was on the offensive side of the ball, being made HC, and then trying to make changes in other phases of the game.

I would have to take the word of my coaches on what to do because I have no seen OR cared what goes on in special teams or defense. JG is an OC, on the offensive side of the ball, so defensive personnel would be a mystery and watching tape of ALL your personnel mid season with a game on sunday, would be damn near impossible.

If you see changes you probably can conclude he asked for opinions from his defensive staff and made decisions based on what they had to say.