Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Do you really believe this or are you being provocative?
That's how I feel. Feel free to enlighten me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I don't really care do talk about that stuff and have bob go nuts over "Jerrah."

Who do you think makes the pro-bowl for us? Ware and Witten?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

There is no way you can consider Jerry a good GM. The sooner he steps down the better.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's how I feel. Feel free to enlighten me.
Results speak for themselves. I have nothing more meaningful to say.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
There is no way you can consider Jerry a good GM.
Apparently not.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix looks poised to beast today...our line is actually opening holes and he's looking FAST.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Well if you are right and JG makes a good HC then Jerry undoing this and making a huge splash is awful.

Cowboys need a good coaching staff that teaches and promotes within, one that holds players accountable by **** canning their buts when they suck, not a personality who is going to suck the oxygen out of the room and then have a Jerry-BPJJ tug of war over credit.

Jones can't stand competition for luv. Better we get a first timer who knows what he is doing and let Jones be the ego maniac he is.
I really think Garrett is going to be THAT coach, and he's smart enough to have bide his time under Phillips, play the company man, and not undermine Phillips. I've said this before, but Head coaching is about experience as it is anything. Remember Belicheck in Cleveland anyone?

Not comparing the two obviously...Garrett has "won" me over, and that was before he got the HC position this week, and I think if given the opportunity he'll have the presence to stand to Jerry, pick his own staff, and make Jerry look brilliant in the process.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-14-2010 at 03:59 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do have a big running day...I dont even know who to give the credit to. Because Garrett did say he was relinquishing some of his game planning, and putting more faith in the other offensive coaches. Garrett is still calling them, however.

Given that we couldnt run before this...might have to give more credit to the other guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I really think Garrett is going to be THAT coach, and he's smart enough to have bide his time under Phillips, play the company man, and not undermine Phillips. I've said this before, but Head coaching is about experience as it is anything. Remember Belicheck in Cleveland anyone?

Not comparing the two obviously...Garrett has "won" me over, and that was before he got the HC position this week, and I think if given the opportunity he'll have the presence to stand to Jerry, pick his own staff, and make Jerry look brilliant in the process.
Garrett has won you over already? jeez. He's a shiny a new toy that talks a big game at this point. You should really give it some time. I'm sure Singeltary would have had a huge fan base if he was here also...but speaking a bigger game or being more of a strict disciplinary, doesnt instantly make you a good HC.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've posted that many times before(i'm still new here, so I'm sure people don't remember, but alas)....It has nothing to do with his being promoted this week. I think he's a smart man, and a great x's and o's guy...and while that doesn't always equal success, just gaining the experience of being a HC goes a long way. I just don't want any rehash "sb winning coaches". Garrett's obviously taken a fall from grace, but this is the same guy that called the plays that allowed Dallas one of the most prolific offenses in history just a few years ago.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

In his first year, when he was a mystery. Since then, Dallas' offense has been run horribly. He has fallen from grace, because the league figured him out and he's one of the worst play callers in the entire league. If Garrett and Jones didnt have a history...he could have been fired several times by now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

God Newman and Jenkins down...we dont even have AOA to play corner, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
In his first year, when he was a mystery. Since then, Dallas' offense has been run horribly. He has fallen from grace, because the league figured him out and he's one of the worst play callers in the entire league. If Garrett and Jones didnt have a history...he could have been fired several times by now.

I'm not going to argue against that...The o-line has been putrid and regressing, we let go of a HOF receiver, Romo has missed time, players have aged(Barber anyone?), drafts have faltered, etc, etc...All types of reasons the offense has taken a step back.

You can blame Garrett...and Garrett alone if you want....I'll do no such thing. There's a multitude of reasons why the Boys have fallen from grace, Garrett is included in that. He's just not the only reason.

Again, I don't think he's going to come in and instantly make the Boys a SB contender(maybe he will?), but neither will any head coaching prospect mentioned thus far.

I think he should be given a chance, and this is that chance obviously...even with a deck stacked against him.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-14-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God Newman and Jenkins down...we dont even have AOA to play corner, either.

And then McCan makes a play

I was at practice, what happened to Newman?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He doesnt even deserve the chance with us, because his offense was a big part of the problem. No it's not all on Garrett...but he is a piss poor coach at making any actual adjustments for the better. Up until recently, he was a larger problem than Wade. Wade's defense was excellent until they up and quit. The guy calls games like a college coach, struggling to succeed in the NFL.

I'll give him a chance...but again, I dont think he in no way deserves the opportunity. And while I like his demeanor as a head coach...if the guy is going to continue to call the plays, if he were to stick...we're not going anywhere with him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
And then McCan makes a play

I was at practice, what happened to Newman?
He got a gift...but I like Mccann. Should have never cut him.

Newman was limping around early again. He's always banged up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
I'll give him a chance...but again, I dont think he in no way deserves the opportunity. And while I like his demeanor as a head coach...if the guy is going to conintue to call the plays, if he were stick. We're not going anywhere with him.
Give him a chance....I dunno, I've always felt he'd be a good HC. I just don't want any of the rehashes. He may not even want to be the play caller if Jerruh gives him the opportunity to pick his own staff, and personnel decisions and I think he does well.

I could be wrong though. I could definitely be wrong.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Give him a chance....I dunno, I've always felt he'd be a good HC. I just don't want any of the rehashes. He may not even want to be the play caller if Jerruh gives him the opportunity to pick his own staff, and personnel decisions and I think he does well.

I could be wrong though. I could definitely be wrong.
1. I'd be shocked if he gives up playcalling...if/when he becomes a full time HC.

2. I'd be even more surprised, if his brother wasn't calling them, if he did relinquish that duty.

edit...Awesome playcalling in the red zone again. Sigh. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He got a gift...but I like Mccann. Should have never cut him.

Newman was limping around early again. He's always banged up.
Thanks

Wish we could get him healthy he is one of the best in the league and doesn't really get the credit for it.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should help me get the terms of Dom Capers contract...I can't seem to find it...all I can find is this

Quote:
Capers spent the past year as a special assistant and secondary coach of the New England Patriots. He is still owed $2.6 million by the Dolphins for the 2009 season; he was hired by Miami in 2006 and was defensive coordinator in 2007.
While the Packers are getting an undisclosed discounted salary for this year, a source said the team will pay Capers in excess of $2 million for 2010.
That isn't exactly credible...but interesting to note I can't find the information anywhere...he'd make lots of sense if Garrett keeps the boys playing like this.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Someone explain to me what is going on with us? I just started watching right before the Pick Six. Our offense seems to actually be moving the ball. We are averaging over 11 yards per play????

Did Garrett find some new plays or what?

We missed an Extra point too?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Cowboys almost through 1 half with 0 penalties???

Hmmmm....
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Giants are def. playing sloppy for whatever reason. But Dallas has been playing well. There have actually been holes for Felix today.

Oh jesus the clock managment on this drive. Facepalm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Someone explain to me what is going on with us? I just started watching right before the Pick Six. Our offense seems to actually be moving the ball. We are averaging over 11 yards per play????

Did Garrett find some new plays or what?

We missed an Extra point too?
Kitna is having himself a game...throwing perfect strikes all day.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Well...I just jinxed that....but still...lol impressive.