Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had surgery on both elbows and hadn't been able to do bench press for a long time. He was 100% healed going into the season...thats not why he hasn't made as much of an impact. Actually that would go against the logic since technically after the surgery he was more healthy.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Lol ok bro think what you want. I don't really care if your gothic ass doesn't agree with me.

YOU WIN BRO!
This guy is an idiot...
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry McDonald, the local San Jose Mercury News NFL columnist, said today that Garrett is "doing enough to make it past interim status."

Is he effing kidding me? Only the upset of the Giants in their NJ stadium speaks for his promotion to fulltime HC next yr. A win over Detroit at home & a good showing in a a loss to world champion NOLA is far from giving him the job IMO.

Jury's still out on Garrett who's going into his 4th game as the jefe next weekend, I can see that assessment OK. But I think he's still interim & will be until:

The Cowboys win all their remaining games this yr (Not happening)
Jerry Jones can't find the right replacement to hire (more likely), & that man will have to be someone with NFL experience (includes a hot asst. here, not necessary HC experience) & the authority & iron willed personality to keep Garrett on a shorter leash in 2011.

Garrett as HC in 2011 = unlimited bubble screens, halfback passes, etc, the Dallas offense would become the gadget play gimmicky Boise St. of the NFL. As well as no OL housecleaning, limited use of Choice, limited throws to Witten & too many to Dez, retaining Roy Williams & the same Good Old Boys club kept around who put the team in the crapper this season.

And isn't that how Dallas declined & lost its most popular NFL team status to the then-upstart 49ers at the end of the Landry Era -- I think I remember it happening that way. Teams repeating their mistakes makes history repeat itself in the NFL.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're reaching....
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Watching Iupati on the 49ers. Wow.

Any chance you think we can pick off either Watson or Branch from the 49ers?

Last edited by baghdadbob : 11-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Watching Iupati on the 49ers. Wow.

Any chance you think we can pick off either Watson or Branch from the 49ers?
Watson and Branch play for the Cardinals.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Watson and Branch play for the Cardinals.
Mis-type. My bad. Yeah Cardinals...
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure where most of you guys stand on Garrett, but for me it would be a f****** nightmare if we won a few games in this final stretch and he got the job. I have zero faith in this guy after what I've seen from him as the OC the last few years, I mean come on he is a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But the more I think about it the more I see it happening. Garrett just seems like the type of puppet Jerry loves to have at HC, which is what has always doomed this team since he bought the team. We need that big named HC to shake this place up a little bit to let the players know we're not F'in around. If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. I was actually happy we blew the first half of the season because I thought it would mean getting rid of all the **** on this team. When a team tanks as bad as we did, you don't look for the solution in-house!! As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm not sure where most of you guys stand on Garrett, but for me it would be a f****** nightmare if we won a few games in this final stretch and he got the job. I have zero faith in this guy after what I've seen from him as the OC the last few years, I mean come on he is a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But the more I think about it the more I see it happening. Garrett just seems like the type of puppet Jerry loves to have at HC, which is what has always doomed this team since he bought the team. We need that big named HC to shake this place up a little bit to let the players know we're not F'in around. If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. I was actually happy we blew the first half of the season because I thought it would mean getting rid of all the **** on this team. When a team tanks as bad as we did, you don't look for the solution in-house!! As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
Who would you rather have?

And Garrett seems like the furthest thing from a puppet. I think he's too smart and has too much dignity for that. Not to mention that his family has strong ties to the organization. I think Jerry has more respect for him and his family than to do that.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
I'm not gonna say I'm sold on Garrett and still know he's been a huge problem, but I think your way off saying that it sends a message to the players that a 5-11 season is acceptable. Actually Garrett being a HC has sent a message to the players that they need to play hard for him, and honestly seem like they are trying to play to let him keep the job.

Keep in mind, winning just a "few games down the stretch" is by no means an easy task. Indy, Philly x2, those are tough games on top of how we played vs NO. Beating AZ & Detroit and surprising NYG wouldn't be enough to do it. If he beats Philly at least once, and Indy he deserves his props and his chance.

I wasn't a fan at all of his, but the man deserves a chance to be Head Coach if he comes up with those wins, especially with how quickly he's turned things around. Regardless of your feelings of him before I think it's only fair to grade him on a new slate as a Head Coach these past few weeks, so let's keep in mind he is out there with Kitna at QB and we have been nearly undefeated with him taking over so let's see how things go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch LL, your sigs have been brutal lately.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ouch LL, your sigs have been brutal lately.
He wore 1 for me in September for our 1st game, he beat me the 2nd 1 so this was for that. The prior 1 is only because we sig bet on Tony G vs J Finley so obviously I didn't get a fair chance to even win that one lol, but I think even he knews Finley was a much better TE in fantasy and would have been a better option all season. Nothing you can do but take it in stride.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He wore 1 for me in September for our 1st game, he beat me the 2nd 1 so this was for that. The prior 1 is only because we sig bet on Tony G vs J Finley so obviously I didn't get a fair chance to even win that one lol, but I think even he knews Finley was a much better TE in fantasy and would have been a better option all season. Nothing you can do but take it in stride.
As an owner of Finley in both FF leagues that I'm apart of, I feel your pain bro. I feel your pain :(

In a Cowboys related note, I think its gone pretty unnoticed how well Free has been at LT. He's been lights out. One of the few bright spots to the season. He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As an owner of Finley in both FF leagues that I'm apart of, I feel your pain bro. I feel your pain :(

In a Cowboys related note, I think its gone pretty unnoticed how well Free has been at LT. He's been lights out. One of the few bright spots to the season. He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).
Yeah, he's had some rough patches in the beginning, but he's seemed to have worked his way through. It took him a while to get his chance, but I think the time learning/growing was a real benefit for him.

I wonder if Sam Young can follow that path. I hated Young as a draft prospect, but I have no clue where he's at currently as far as how much he's growing. This year is a learning year, no doubt. If he sticks with the team long enough, he might be able to be a serviceable player.

That said, I think we'll definitely be looking at RTs in the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).
Peters has been pretty good for Philly this year, but yeah, Free's definitely been better than expected.

Last edited by Sniper : 11-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Who would you rather have?
Billick, Gruden, Cowher, Harbaugh, Rob Ryan, Herm Edwards, Mike Zimmer, Dom Capers, Todd Bowles, Kevin Gilbride, Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera, John Fox...

Garrett is not qualified whatsoever for the job, he has done nothing to prove he deserves this position outside of the fact that his family has ties with the Jones'. Any of the guys I listed above would be better candidates for us.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Garrett. Yea, he went to Princeton, so what? He was an awful offensive coordinator here and that is fact, I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else for any of us to believe in him as a successful HC.

Why would you not want to go ahead and grab a guy who has had success in the NFL? Are you ready to hand the keys over to Garrett and trust he can get us back to prominence when he has done nothing to prove so?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm not gonna say I'm sold on Garrett and still know he's been a huge problem, but I think your way off saying that it sends a message to the players that a 5-11 season is acceptable. Actually Garrett being a HC has sent a message to the players that they need to play hard for him, and honestly seem like they are trying to play to let him keep the job.

Keep in mind, winning just a "few games down the stretch" is by no means an easy task. Indy, Philly x2, those are tough games on top of how we played vs NO. Beating AZ & Detroit and surprising NYG wouldn't be enough to do it. If he beats Philly at least once, and Indy he deserves his props and his chance.

I wasn't a fan at all of his, but the man deserves a chance to be Head Coach if he comes up with those wins, especially with how quickly he's turned things around. Regardless of your feelings of him before I think it's only fair to grade him on a new slate as a Head Coach these past few weeks, so let's keep in mind he is out there with Kitna at QB and we have been nearly undefeated with him taking over so let's see how things go.
I don't know if the players are playing for him or if they are playing to keep their own jobs. Jerry sent a message by firing Wade that he is willing to make moves on guys who aren't performing. IMO they're playing to look out for themselves.

I don't know how you just overlook his shortcomings as an OC because that is all we have to base the decision on. Indy got routed by SD last night, a win over them is not as impressive as it would of been last year, they are not the same team. And we beat Philly 3 times last year, I know they are a different team with Vick but is it really that impressive if we pull out 1 of 2 against them? I just don't see how that should give him the job.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbride and Capers...gross.

And Herm Edwards is one of the most overrated coaches ever. **** in the playoffs and like 20+ games under .500 for his career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

And Herm Edwards is one of the most overrated coaches ever. **** in the playoffs and like 20+ games under .500 for his career.
They also have much more experience than Garrett. JG has done nothing to gain my support or trust as a successful HC candidate.

I would love Rob Ryan here.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I'd laugh so hard if you guys took Gilbride off our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Peters has been pretty good for Philly this year, but yeah, Free's definitely been better than expected.
I think Peters has improved in comparison to last year, but he's still not what Philly expected. Let's not forget either, when Vick became starter, he's helped out Peters immensely.

For the most part, I'd say Peters has been a disappointment.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They also have much more experience than Garrett. JG has done nothing to gain my support or trust as a successful HC candidate.

Experience doesnt equal success...I'm not in the Garrett camp at all. But he's better than Herm or Gilbride. I'd rather bring in a whole new crew still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Experience doesnt equal success...I'm not in the Garrett camp at all. But he's better than Herm or Gilbride. I'd rather bring in a whole new crew still.
I agree Herm and Gilbride would be worst case scenarios, but I don't see Garrett as being any better. We need a strong HC who will come in and establish himself as the boss even with Jerry breathing down his neck, Garrett doesn't seem like that guy to me.

there are enough candidates out there that would be much better options.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

So experience and winning previously is all that matters huh? You would have missed out on John Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, Mike Smith, Sparano, and tons of other great Head Coaches. How can you keep bringing up how Garrett has no experience but you want Rob Ryan?

I'm not even trying to make an argument for Garrett here, just saying I don't understand how you can be so firmly against him without giving him a shot to see how he closes out the season.

Another question. If all those coaches are so great then why were nearly all of them fired or out of work right now? I have no problem taking a risk on an up and coming head coach but this is Garrett's time to prove himself, as much as I hated on the job he did as OC before he's a Head Coach now.

Things like discipline, cutting down on penalties, sharpness, being mentally prepared week in and out, THOSE are HC responsibilities. Things he had no power or control of before, and things that you need to see if he possesses before blasting him.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though we lost to NOR, I thought Garrett locked up his job after that game. It wasn't his fault Roy is a careless wreak.

You all know I've bashed and hated on Garrett with the best of them in his time here. As an OC, he is trashy. However, as a HC... he's shown me some real positives. I like the changes that he's made to make the players more accountable, responsible and team oriented.

I just want him to give up the offensive playcalling. If he can't do that then I don't want him. But if he can get someone more experienced in, then I'm all for him keeping his job. Heck, I'll even take his brother who isn't more experienced. Just want someone with a different approach/mindset/feel for the game calling the plays.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Even though we lost to NOR, I thought Garrett locked up his job after that game. It wasn't his fault Roy is a careless wreak.

You all know I've bashed and hated on Garrett with the best of them in his time here. As an OC, he is trashy. However, as a HC... he's shown me some real positives. I like the changes that he's made to make the players more accountable, responsible and team oriented.

I just want him to give up the offensive playcalling. If he can't do that then I don't want him. But if he can get someone more experienced in, then I'm all for him keeping his job. Heck, I'll even take his brother who isn't more experienced. Just want someone with a different approach/mindset/feel for the game calling the plays.
I agree with D. The team is playing way better under Jason. Moreover, I like a coach that stays around for a long time, Garrett is young and he can be our HC for like 15-20 years. With all the big names you're looking for someone that is going to leave after like 3-4 years and then you start over again. Look at Pittsburgh, they're good because they're consistent, so are the Patriots and so are (or at least are becoming the Saints). Sean Payton wasn't the most appreciated guy when he was here, now he's a terrific HC and so is Mike Tomlin.
With Garrett you're not rebulding, you're looking at a new start from what you already have, you're looking to build something using the positive things that you got and that Jason knows. Don't fool ourselves, under Wade we were good. We won the division 2 out of 3 years, won our first playoff game in 10 years, got a first week by and lost at the last moment against a red hot team that went on to win the SB.
I know that people say that Wade was awful, he was a puppet and blah blah blah, fact is, we won a lot of games under him, and that means we were good. We destroyed the Eagles last year.
With a new coach you're starting from scratch. What if we get Jeff Fisher and Romo gets into his doghouse? We know that you're in Fisher's doghouse for good.
And what if we get a HC that, just like McDaniels, can't get together with Romo and Austin and force Jerry to trade them? I don't wanna become the Denver Broncos.
Or what if the new HC wants to get rid of all the assistant coaches? We have some good ones over there, players know them, players know how to work with them.

Truth is - even though people tend to think the other way - past success doesn't translate automatically in future success.
How many years did Bill Cowher need to win one SB? Do you think that the Dallas fanbase has that much patience? I don't.

I do like Garrett and I think he deserves a chance. I still wanna see how the season finishes but we beat NY in their house and we went one fumble short from beating NO. Furthermore, we were down 17 points with Kitna at QB and not only we did not quit, we scored like 24 unanswered points.

So my point is that Garrett gives us the best chance to preserve what we have while trying to get better. Do I think he needs to get a good OC? Yes I do (and maybe his brother can be a good one). Garrett can also be a long-term answer, while the guys who are now enjoying a career in the network cannot.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote