Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland is interviewing for the DC position, looks like Rob Ryan will be gone. I gotta say he was my #1 choice from the get-go. I don't know if Jason will want to work with that type of personality, which sucks, but I want Rob Ryan here real bad. Cleveland has JAGs in their front 7, but somehow Ryan had them playing like they were the Steelers.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want the SF DC if I were you guys. I didn't like his gameplans at all. I thought he was pretty mediocre as a coordinator.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My brother is a Niners fan and the one guy he likes on the staff was Manusky. I don't like the guy as a hire, but I don't hate him either. I would love one of the Ryans on staff. They always get their guys in the best position to make plays.

Would also not mind Mangini.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the coach you guys hire is going to be huge. Bc we're all speculating that the defense wil remain the same, but Wade's 34 scheme was very unique. Not many guys run a similar scheme to him, in fact, most don't. Ratliff thrived in Wade's scheme bc quite honestly, Wade doesn't run a 3-4 defense at all. It's a 4-3 defense disguised in a 34 front. Now let's say you go and hire a true 2 gap 34 coordinator, now what happens with the front? Where does Ratliff play? What kind of ILBs does he prefer? All valid questions.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the reasons that I really like Ryan as a coordinator is the fact that he has never really had a ton of talent where he was the DC. He's been the coordinator in Oakland and Cleveland, and he has never had the talent like Ware, Ratliff, and even underachievers like Spencer and Jenkins. If they got him I can see him turning the underachievers into better players while making whoever is drafted a good contributor.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The thing about Rob is, if you're expecting Rex Ryan, you'll be disappointed. Rob doesn't coach the same style. He's actually a lot more passive, and runs a ton of zone.

I'm not the biggest Rob Ryan fan, but that's bc I don't like his style all that much. But he is a solid DC and I think he'd do a good job with Dallas's talent.

Just don't expect Rex Ryan is all. He's not Rex.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...owboys-dc-job/

Quote:
Rumors popped up after the Cowboys changed the title of former Dolphin quarterback coach Jason Garrett from interim to permanent head coach last week that Garrett might pursue Dolphins’ defensive coordinator Mike Nolan as his own DC. Insider Michael Lombardi only fueled those rumors when he wrote earlier this week on NFL.com that while Garrett would love to get Nolan, he’d probably wind up hiring Dolphins assistant head coach Todd Bowles for the job.

Neither now appear to be in the mix (a Dolphin spokesman reiterated that Nolan is under contract for next year), but another name Dolphin fans know only too well — Paul Pasqualoni — is.

..... please tell me we're not THAT dumb.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The thing about Rob is, if you're expecting Rex Ryan, you'll be disappointed. Rob doesn't coach the same style. He's actually a lot more passive, and runs a ton of zone.

I'm not the biggest Rob Ryan fan, but that's bc I don't like his style all that much. But he is a solid DC and I think he'd do a good job with Dallas's talent.

Just don't expect Rex Ryan is all. He's not Rex.
I agree that Rex is the better guy, but I like how Rob mixes his zones. Dallas ever since the 3-4 has become too predictable with zones. I think that Rob can disguise some coverages so that the middle isn't so damn open all the time. If Bradie is still going to start, which he probably is, I think he needs a lot of help covering the middle of the field. I think Rob can put Bradie in positions to where he is not so vulnerable while spreading the blitzes out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...owboys-dc-job/

..... please tell me we're not THAT dumb.
I seriously hope they don't make Pasqualoni the permanent DC. I like the guy and all, but he's not a DC for a reason. He stepped in and did nice in the interim, but there really needs to be an upgrade.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is Garrett wants YES men, but nobody good wants to be his YES man. Combine that with the limited number of 3-4 guys who can be good DCs AND are available... and THEN combine that with our ownership and fans who love to think our players are better than they really are... It's a really f'd up situation.

I don't expect good coordinators on either side of the ball. Jason is a turd for keeping the OC duties.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

It's a terrible situation but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect this when Jerry appointed him. Mangini and Ryan are both available and are much better options then who we're considering but D-Unit explained it perfectly, they are not YES men. To think that we just had the worst season in franchise history on the defensive side of the ball and are actually leaning towards a status quo with the coaching staff is downright embarrassing and as a fan I'm pissed. We can't afford to wiff on this decision just because our HC wants assistants who"'know their place". Ughhh!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Garrett knows what he's doing. Relax. Wade was halfway into a senior citizen home. Garrett will get what's best for the cowboys.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Garrett knows what he's doing. Relax. Wade was halfway into a senior citizen home. Garrett will get what's best for the cowboys.
When Wade turns Houston's defense around next season, call me.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I hope he does because I like wade as a person, but a coordinator and a head coach are different things bro. He was in DENIAL to fix the problems we had.

Stop crying over who our DC is. Coaching is great but it's up to the players to play. If spencer and jenkins return to form, sean lee stays healthy, and we get some safety help any DC would look good. Now if the opposite happened, even Bill bellicheck would look bad.

Garrett is a boss. He's the most assertive figure we've had in a while. Just watch his press conference's and interviews. You immediately listen to what he has to say. I have faith.

And when in doubt, THROW THE BALL TO DEZ BRYANT.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope he does because I like wade as a person, but a coordinator and a head coach are different things bro. He was in DENIAL to fix the problems we had.

Stop crying over who our DC is. Coaching is great but it's up to the players to play. If spencer and jenkins return to form, sean lee stays healthy, and we get some safety help any DC would look good. Now if the opposite happened, even Bill bellicheck would look bad.

Garrett is a boss. He's the most assertive figure we've had in a while. Just watch his press conference's and interviews. You immediately listen to what he has to say. I have faith.

And when in doubt, THROW THE BALL TO DEZ BRYANT.
The players will only play up to there full potential if coached well. If they don't trust the DC's ideas then they will tank on him as the players did this year for Wade.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
The players will only play up to there full potential if coached well. If they don't trust the DC's ideas then they will tank on him as the players did this year for Wade.
Not only that, but players can't do much if the other team is constantly figuring out what they're doing because the schemes are poor. Plus players' skills can be severely misused if the coordinator isn't letting them use their best skills. What if a coordinator came on and dropped Ware off in coverage about 75% of the time? You would be wasting your best player's greatest asset because you really want to show how good he is at covering guys.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Well pasqouloni is now as UConn so you bitches can all stop crying.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's good news.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan to interview for DC position tomorrow.

COULD IT BE....the son of Buddy coaching the 'Boys?

Also, Cowboys looking at the LB'ers coach of the Steelers.....That's interesting...always one of the best defenses in the league.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Yeah, here you go D-Unit, don't cream your pants:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ew-with-c.html

Rob Ryan is on his way in for an interview.

It's been a decent amount of time... you think someone will get hired soon..
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Weren't you one of the guys complaining about them winning and losing out on Peterson? I don't think you have much room to call people bitches that are crying. You might hurt people's feelings, and then the dogs will be barking all night. Would you really want that from poor little Timmy O'Toole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Rob Ryan to interview for DC position tomorrow.

COULD IT BE....the son of Buddy coaching the 'Boys?

Also, Cowboys looking at the LB'ers coach of the Steelers.....That's interesting...always one of the best defenses in the league.
I'm glad they're looking at Ryan and Butler from the Steelers. Butler is supposed to be LeBeau's eventual successor, so I don't know how likely it is that he would leave his mentor. If they can get him I'd be extremely excited. I can only imagine that LeBeau's genius has rubbed off on him in the six years that they've been coaching together. I'm not naive enough to think that he's the next Lebeau because he's coached with him, but I'm pretty sure that learning from one of the all time greats is one of the best things for an up and coming coordinator.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BAM1988
Rookie

BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Weren't you one of the guys complaining about them winning and losing out on Peterson? I don't think you have much room to call people bitches that are crying. You might hurt people's feelings, and then the dogs will be barking all night. Would you really want that from poor little Timmy O'Toole?

I'm glad they're looking at Ryan and Butler from the Steelers. Butler is supposed to be LeBeau's eventual successor, so I don't know how likely it is that he would leave his mentor. If they can get him I'd be extremely excited. I can only imagine that LeBeau's genius has rubbed off on him in the six years that they've been coaching together. I'm not naive enough to think that he's the next Lebeau because he's coached with him, but I'm pretty sure that learning from one of the all time greats is one of the best things for an up and coming coordinator.
I agree that both coaches are very good canidates for the job, but the question remains what will happen with Jay Ratliff. Both coaches run 3-4 schemes based upon a traditional nose tackle. Even if Ratliff agrees to move to DE opposite of Bowen there is still a gaping hole at NT (no pun intended) unless Price-Brent is ready to make an impact on the field.
BAM1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember. Wade didn't traditionally have a speed rusher on the inside when he came in from SD. Remember when Wade was running the Chargers D he had that big prick slapped in the middle. It was Ratliff's ridiculous motor which forced Wade to keep him in the middle. I'm pretty sure every 3-4 coaches preference is to have three space eaters on the line so the LB's can cause carnage. But it would be silly to think Ratliff will be forced to move if we get a new DC. Any new DC will keep him there because he's shown to be massively successful there.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

What is so special about rob ryan? Cleveland doesn't even want him back, and his defenses have always been average.... Doesn't seem to click with me.

And as for e-man, back up.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thank God!!

And Ryan is coming in today too?!

They can't let him walk out without a deal, Rob is the best coordinator available. He's been my guy since day 1.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

How though?

His defenses have ALWAYS been mediocre, and the BROWNS don't want him back...

Hes not rex.