Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
He's taken his talents to Dallas, but longtime Patriots strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik was recognized by his peers for his work in his final season in New England.

Woicik was named the 2010 NFL Strength Coach of the Year by his peers around the league yesterday. It is the third time in his career that Woicik was recognized for his work.

Earlier this month, Woicik -- one of Bill Belichick's first hires when he took over as Patriots head coach in 2000 -- left the team and returned to Dallas, where he previously had worked from 1990-96.

Welcome back!!!!
Can you provide a link?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Can you provide a link?
Sorry, Heres one...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...-coach-of-2010

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Felix Jones is already back down to his original playing weight of 210 pounds after playing last season at a bulked-up 220.
Jones takes last year's weight gain and subsequent loss of explosiveness as a "learning process." Expect his per-play production to spike in 2011, though he'll remain one of the biggest injury risks of all starting running backs.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

I remember calling this when me and MOTH were going back and forth on this. Felix knew it was a bad idea too. I expect to see the Felix of old next year, hopefully Barber is cut and we can get more Choice involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I remember calling this when me and MOTH were going back and forth on this. Felix knew it was a bad idea too. I expect to see the Felix of old next year, hopefully Barber is cut and we can get more Choice involved.
A little Choice and a lot of the Cat will go a long way!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
A little Choice and a lot of the Cat will go a long way!
Yes, Choice and Felix will be a good combo. I do think we need to grab a guy in the late rounds that can give us something unique. Either a super fast guy, pass catching RB hybrid or a big power guy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd only be down for that if someone fell way too far, like how Blount was still sitting there in the 7th. I think it'll be fairly easy to look for a guy in rounds 5-7 who was projected to go higher. Evan Royster, Darren Evans, Da'Rel Scott, I'd give all of them some looks towards the end of the draft. No reason to pay Barber what he is due when we can pick up a young guy with potential for a limited role or a reserve in case of injury.

I'd look for a "do it all" type of back, but considering Felix is the more injury risk I wouldn't mind leaning towards speed and catching as a trait to target if he needed to spell Choice.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm okay with Barber going, only to save money. I'd like to see a real bruiser though. One of those guys that can pound out a yard or two when you need it on short yardage situations.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Wisc.'s John Clay? He has a decent burst for such a big guy. He knows how to pound the rock. He knows how to get in the end zone. Could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick as of now, if not even later. Combine will show us a little more about this guy.

I am a huge Carimi fan, so after watching all kinds of film on him, Clay kept on showing some talent. Especially his junior year, he had some great runs for 1st downs and touchdowns. That is the kind of 3rd string guy we need, the guy Barber used to be, but without all of the EXTRA crap he does at the end of a 1.5 yard run!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6166808

We're letting Spears and Sensy test FA, we've gotta be bringing in one of those FA safeties now.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

If we have even ONE of those guys come back as starters next season, I give up all hope for the season. I wish I could say I won't watch but I'd be lying. I just hope we aren't that ******* stupid. Ugh.

I guess next thing we'll hear is Roy & Barber are coming back too.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell ya what...I wouldnt be shocked to see either return. (Roy/Barber) Pissed, but not shocked.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Roy will be back, I'd be extremely pissed if Barber were back to take carries away from Choice again.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remembered the Supplemental draft selection, NT Josh Brent from Illinois. Completely forgot about him, cost a 7th rounder.

Anybody down with him? Can he be the 2-gapper in the 3-4 that allows Ratliff to slide over to DE replacing Spears?

If so it will silence all the discourse regarding taking Marcel Dareus if he's there to be the new DE.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Side Question here for any local DFW folks.
I just saw this on Peter King's MMQ today, and was wondering what he meant regarding Mosely. Mosely is on 103.3 here and cracks me up. I hope he's not leaving that but it sounds like he is. Does anyone know?

Quote:
i. Good luck, Matt Mosley, in your new media venture. I'll miss your blog.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FJp1qoNP
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Just remembered the Supplemental draft selection, NT Josh Brent from Illinois. Completely forgot about him, cost a 7th rounder.

Anybody down with him? Can he be the 2-gapper in the 3-4 that allows Ratliff to slide over to DE replacing Spears?

If so it will silence all the discourse regarding taking Marcel Dareus if he's there to be the new DE.
Yeah, but I think we got one from the Patrick Crayton trade.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, but I think we got one from the Patrick Crayton trade.
I thought we missed on that pick. I know Crayton was like 4 or 5 catches away from hitting the benchmark then he got hurt. Unless we still get a pick, but maybe he was just close to getting us a higher pick. I need to follow up on that.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 04:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a 7th...If he had caught 40 passes it would have been a 6th. But as was said, he got injured. Crayton actually played really well for San Diego. Sucks that he had to go and get himself injured. haha. I was watching that game, I was pretty disappointed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought we missed on that pick. I know Crayton was like 4 or 5 catches away from hitting the benchmark then he got hurt. Unless we still get a pick, but maybe he was just close to getting us a higher pick. I need to follow up on that.
We got nothing for McQuistan though.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We're tendering the Ends and Hurd again. hmmm.

Quote:
Left tackle Doug Free, receiver Sam Hurd and defensive ends Bowen and Hatcher will all be tendered contracts before March 3 to protect their rights. Safety Alan Ball is expected to receive the right of first refusal tender while cornerback Bryan McCann and receiver Jesse Holley are exclusive rights free agents
If we keep Hurd, I sure hope we plan on actually giving him a better role...aka, cutting Roy so Sam could assume the #3 duties. I was a fan of Sherman's, but this Jimmy Robinson signing has me giddy. Hopefully his addition will lead to us delving deeper into the receiving corps. I always wanted us to adopt a Packer esque WR rotation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-01-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We're tendering the Ends and Hurd again. hmmm.

If we keep Hurd, I sure hope we plan on actually giving him a better role...aka, cutting Roy so Sam could assume the #3 duties. I was a fan of Sherman's, but this Jimmy Robinson signing has me giddy. Hopefully his addition will lead to us delving deeper into the receiving corps. I always wanted us to adopt a Packer esque WR rotation.
What kind of differences are you guys expecting to happen?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What kind of differences are you guys expecting to happen?
First of all...an update on my last post.

Looks like we've decided to let Sam test those FA waters. DMN had it wrong, we only extended offers to Free, Hatcher, Bowen, and ugh...Ball.

I'm actually pretty glad Sam will get a chance to find a better situation for himself. There are a lot of worse off receiving cores out there that could use a 2 or a 3. He wants to start...I'd love to see it.

As for Jimmy Robinson...he really seems to get the best out of his guys. I'm just hoping his influence will open things up a little more for our receivers. Maybe we can actually have some kind of WR rotation, instead of letting our talented 4/5 guys barely play. I love the way the Pack use their receivers, and I hope we adopt some of that. Love to see some actual 4/5 WR sets as well. It's something I've been calling for, for a while, given the depth we've had at WR.

Also as far as adding talent...the guy has a great eye for it. He can find it and he can certainly develop it. I'd def. trust his instincts in the draft room.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-02-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Side Question here for any local DFW folks.
I just saw this on Peter King's MMQ today, and was wondering what he meant regarding Mosely. Mosely is on 103.3 here and cracks me up. I hope he's not leaving that but it sounds like he is. Does anyone know?
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...t-perhaps-ever

Quote:
In the meantime, I also tried to maintain a fledgling radio career for ESPN 103.3 in Dallas-Fort Worth. I've had the great fortune (most days) to work with a legendary columnist/talk-show host named Randy Galloway for the past four years, and the folks at 103.3 recently made me an offer to become a full-time part of the "Galloway & Company" show from 3-6 p.m., which also features college football expert Ian Fitzsimmons.

I've had an interest the past couple of years in becoming more of a general columnist, and the folks at ESPN have graciously allowed me to pursue that goal with another national website that shall remain nameless for now.

Continued...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will miss Sam Hurd, especially his special teams skills. Good luck to him, hopefully he can find a home as 3rd WR out there somewhere.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I will miss Sam Hurd, especially his special teams skills. Good luck to him, hopefully he can find a home as 3rd WR out there somewhere.
I will miss Sam too. He was an honest to good guy.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins have just signed Atogwe! Damnit!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote