Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Lots of roster moves already this week.

Murray to IR - Signed Sammy Morris
Kitna to IR - Signed Dwayne Harris from PS - Added Chris Griesen to PS.

Josh Brent should return to practicing this week.

MAJOR potential injury to Jenkins as his shoulder causes not only severe pain when it pops out but he cannot raise his arm above his head currently.

-_- He's our best press corner and now he can't use one of his arms above his head.
Mike Jenkins is our version of Aaron Ross. Sad, but it's time to address the position like he's not here, and if he gets healthy, it's just a bonus.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Not really close to what that was, but one my favorite defenses the past 10 years was the one the Jags had years ago. With two bonafide monsters in Henderson and Stroud in the middle with Mike Peterson behind them roaming around picking up the pieces and a physical CB in Rashean Mathis who was a ballhawk. But that's the closest thing that came to mind when I read whatever scheme that was.
That defense was great at grinding it out, but when they ran into a passing attack, they got absolutely toasted. (see Patriots playoff game). They spent the subsequent three-ish years looking for pass rushers in the draft and they ruined the team because they kept missing on picks. I was never a fan of that defense.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part about Mike Jenkins always being hurt is that it's not like they're freak accidents. He's just made of glass. He gets hurt making tackles and i don't know how he separated his shoulder so bad jumping up completely alone for an interception. smh
Old 12-14-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I would say the Vikings came close but not a fan of their OLB really.

I like the Indy Design Cover 2 with the exception that I want Corners that can press and play man.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher
Sparano would be such a good hire for this offence. It's not a departure from what we have had in the past. It takes the playcalling duties away from Garrett.

Norv would be a good addition too but I couldn't see it happening whereas Sparano is gonna need a job and what better place then in Dallas.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Sparano would be such a good hire for this offence. It's not a departure from what we have had in the past. It takes the playcalling duties away from Garrett.

Norv would be a good addition too but I couldn't see it happening whereas Sparano is gonna need a job and what better place then in Dallas.
Why hire him according to Jerry. Garrett is sooooooooo smarttttttttttttt as we have seen.

Hello!!!!! I think Sparano is a better coach then Garrett.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

My dream draft ..... trade Miles or Dez for another mid-to-late first and a mid second ...

First:
DeCastro
Burfict or Kuechely (whoever falls)

Second:
Jorel Worthy
Janoris Jenkins

Third:
Nick Toon

My goal is no stupid players but certainly tough guys. Only concern is Janoris.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Hurd....Arrested.

Quote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,461077.story

Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd was arrested Wednesday night in Chicago on federal charges after allegedly attempting to purchase drugs from a North Texas supplier, the Dallas Morning News reported.

The investigation is being handled by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Dallas, authorities told the Morning News.

A Bears spokesperson said the team was aware of the report and was looking into it.

Hurd, a former Northern Illinois product, signed a three-year contract with the Bears this offseason after playing the previous five seasons with the Cowboys. The veteran receiver has been primarily a special teams contributor for the Bears. He has eight receptions for 109 yards for the season.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm pretty shocked by this. Sam seemed like a stand up guy when he was here. I just hope none of our current players are linked to this.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Sam Hurd....Arrested.
I was about to post this also. Somewhere, MOTH is curled up in a corner in NJ, weeping.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
My dream draft ..... trade Miles or Dez for another mid-to-late first and a mid second ...

First:
DeCastro

Second:
Jorel Worthy
Janoris Jenkins

Third:
Nick Toon

Nice to see you get into the draft talk.

I have a man crush on Jerrel Worthy. I'm ready to take him in the 1st round. Right now, I can't think of a guy I want more. I don't think he'd last to us in the 2nd, but if that's the way the draft panned out, I'd be thrilled.

That said, I think you are crazy if you think the Cowboys are trading Dez. I don't think you realize how much defenses focus on him. I was watching Turning Point on Versus (AWESOME show btw)... the Giants made him their main focus because of how badly he torched them in the past. 4 TDs in 2 games. He really opened up things for others.

Even trading Austin is a major stretch... though I do get the logic.

I'm still heavily on the side of NOT taking a Guard in Round 1 though. I won't ever be in that court.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

A JAG some guys here liked better than Austin ...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...d-drug-charges
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit: Why Worthy over Still? I think Still would be an excellent 5-tech in Rob Ryan's scheme.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
D-Unit: Why Worthy over Still? I think Still would be an excellent 5-tech in Rob Ryan's scheme.
Worthy can play NT.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More on Sam....WOW

CBS) Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd, who was arrested Wednesday on federal drug charges, was a top drug dealer in Chicago and police have a list of NFL players who were supplied drugs by the receiver, a law enforcement source told 670 The Score.

The list is “in the double-digits”, according to the source.

According to the criminal complaint, Hurd told an undercover Homeland Security agent Wednesday night that he and another co-conspirator were already distributing four kilograms of cocaine a week in the Chicago area, but he needed more. He was seeking five to ten kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana a week to distribute and was willing to pay $25,000 per kilo of cocaine and $450 per pound of marijuana. That adds up to as much as $700,000 of drugs each week.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

First:
DeCastro

Second:
Jorel Worthy
Janoris Jenkins

Third:
Nick Toon

That is a dream...Top 5 guys are likely to go in the 1st round and Toon will probably go in the 2nd. Other than that, sign me up!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
That is a dream...Top 5 guys are likely to go in the 1st round and Toon will probably go in the 2nd. Other than that, sign me up!!
Funny, boards move alot. I have give them my own grades.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks
Why hire him according to Jerry. Garrett is sooooooooo smarttttttttttttt as we have seen.

Hello!!!!! I think Sparano is a better coach then Garrett.
I think Garrett should probably suggest it at the end of the season if he is as all about taking responsibility as he says. His playcalling has been attrocious.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best news this week. Rob Ryan admitting the end of the game collapses fall on poor communication from sideline to the field (even though he should also be attributing it to poor talent xD). When offenses hurry up we fall apart. Rob said he'll be combining the play-calling to the helmet as well as sideline signals to improve communication and allow the entire defense to be set more quickly.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good article on the defense...pinning the blame on the players.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ke-playoff-run
Old 12-16-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Best news this week. Rob Ryan admitting the end of the game collapses fall on poor communication from sideline to the field (even though he should also be attributing it to poor talent xD). When offenses hurry up we fall apart. Rob said he'll be combining the play-calling to the helmet as well as sideline signals to improve communication and allow the entire defense to be set more quickly.
Rob deflecting the blame away from the players and their lack of ability. Not surprised. He's just a great coach. That's why players love playing for him and give him their all.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rob deflecting the blame away from the players and their lack of ability. Not surprised. He's just a great coach. That's why players love playing for him and give him their all.
Not specifically pointing the finger at you...but it's funny how fans see what they want to see, and perceive what they want to perceive. Wade Phillips did the exact same thing as Rob, and yet people still wanted to run him out of town. Wade never blamed the team, never blamed the players, always blamed himself...Eventually, it falls on deaf ears...and he lost the locker room.Deflecting blame only goes so far. Players have to play.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Not specifically pointing the finger at you...but it's funny how fans see what they want to see, and perceive what they want to perceive. Wade Phillips did the exact same thing as Rob, and yet people still wanted to run him out of town. Wade never blamed the team, never blamed the players, always blamed himself...Eventually, it falls on deaf ears...and he lost the locker room.Deflecting blame only goes so far. Players have to play.
I miss Wade and his funny looks! Seems like a much better coordinator than HC. You guys brought Campo back. If you had a choice between Wade as a DC or keep Ryan, just a hypothetical, which would most cowboys fan prefer?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

I would've kept Wade......but there's no way that works.
How could a player listen to or believe a coach that got demoted? One that lost the locker room, and contributed to one of the worst defenses in Franchise history. It's impossible. He should've been the DC all along though...never the HC.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

At least our defense was consistent with Wade.. But i doubt he's going anywhere, he's staying put in Houston. They'll make sure of that. Only way he's given the chance to leave is if he is getting offered a HC gig, and i doubt he will be a HC again, at least for another three or four years until someone else wants to try their luck with him. But he's the epitome of the peter principle.