Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Last I heard, Triple H was really pushing for Orton to take the belt from Cena at Summerslam.
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RKO lol

I wish Booker could get the belt again. :(

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RKO lol

I wish Booker could get the belt again. :(
NO Booker........................................BOO! !!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not crazy about the results but some of the smark reports I've read have actually given GAB good reviews, especially for a throwaway PPV. Especially highly rated were the MVP/Hardy match (not suprising at all) and the Cena/Lashley (much more suprising). I've even seen comments that the Khali/Batista/Kane was a pretty good match considering the participants involved.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not crazy about the results but some of the smark reports I've read have actually given GAB good reviews, especially for a throwaway PPV. Especially highly rated were the MVP/Hardy match (not suprising at all) and the Cena/Lashley (much more suprising). I've even seen comments that the Khali/Batista/Kane was a pretty good match considering the participants involved.
I haven't caught any responses on the PPV but I must say I'm a bit disappointed that only 1 belt changed hands and that was a joke in and of it self. And why is the WWE intent on killing tag team wrestling?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't get the killing of the tag team thing. The cruiserwelt belt is fine, in fact I wish they would just get rid of it as the WWE has never understood lightweights anyway, but they used to have the best tag teams hands down.

The only explanation I can think of is that the split rosters limit the # of tag teams. I'm still baffled that they move London & Kendrick to Raw to have them wrestle on Heat. Let alone moving Lashley to Raw to midcard when he could easily hold the belt on ECW or Smackdown (though I prefer the Nitro/Punk rivalry as it's more "realistic").

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I don't get the killing of the tag team thing. The cruiserwelt belt is fine, in fact I wish they would just get rid of it as the WWE has never understood lightweights anyway, but they used to have the best tag teams hands down.

The only explanation I can think of is that the split rosters limit the # of tag teams. I'm still baffled that they move London & Kendrick to Raw to have them wrestle on Heat. Let alone moving Lashley to Raw to midcard when he could easily hold the belt on ECW or Smackdown (though I prefer the Nitro/Punk rivalry as it's more "realistic").
I agree that the WWE mismanages the cruiserweights, I mean TNA does a much better job with the X Division and thats saying something.

As for the results of the draft, I feel that ECW still got the best end with now the Morrison(Nitro)/Punk feud, and even the mid-card is still worth watching. In fact I catch Raw and ECW but I'll forget all about Smackdown at times. That roster is in disarray, the don't use the cruiserweights as mentioned, having Khali as champ is horrible, and the mid-card is a joke other then the MVP/Hardy semi-feud.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
When he first arrived on Smackdown I thought he was the best thing ever.

They need to bring back his old gimmick.
Thank you! I've been thinkin that for the longest time.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

What I don't get is why they moved Kennedy to RAW to have him do nothing at all.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Bobby Lashley might be taking a "new direction" tonight on Raw.. I imagine it's just a heel turn, but wouldn't it be awesome if he came out all done up like the Ultimate Warrior? Running to the ring, shaking the ropes, incoherent rambling.. That would truly be amazing.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Apparently Bobby Lashley might be taking a "new direction" tonight on Raw.. I imagine it's just a heel turn, but wouldn't it be awesome if he came out all done up like the Ultimate Warrior? Running to the ring, shaking the ropes, incoherent rambling.. That would truly be amazing.
I read about this turn in direction and I'm a bit puzzled about it. The Warrior idea is intriguing, but Bobby doesn't have the charisma or personality to pull it off. Honestly I see him feuding with Umaga for the IC Title, I'm not sure who would then be in the running for #1 Contender but I do see Bobby dropping from it for a while. I'm hoping this is the beginning of an Orton push for the Title though.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'd be cool for Lashley to come out as a Heel; with Armando Alejandro Estrada as his Manager. Or if he came out as a Face; with Armando Alejandro Estrada as his Manager. I just want me some Armando Alejandro Estrada!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

My name is.......ARMANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

ALEJANDROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

Estrada!

I've missed that as well! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Raw stealing a TNA PPV Main Event...........................its a sad day!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Raw stealing a TNA PPV Main Event...........................its a sad day!
its actually quite funny it just shows that wwe is starting to get scared of the great company that is TNA
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It's not like TNA was going to be the first promotion to ever have an All Champions match..
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not like TNA was going to be the first promotion to ever have an All Champions match..
well obviously TNA isnt the first but you didn't find anything wrong about WWE doing it right after TNA just did it
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Its just the timing, its too close together............plus I've read numerous reports about McMahon being really stressed about the current state of the WWE. Its only going to lead to bad booking...........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

who was carlito trying to spit the apple on when he accidentally hit lashely
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Well it seems that Lashley's "new direction" is that of a tweener.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RK ****** O

is the #1 contender

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

The Legend Killer Era is upon us..............................................

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Hm.

Maybe Vince finally got his head out of his ass and is considering having Cena lose. This is a good day.

I'm still perplexed about what they're trying to do with kennedy, though. Hes just kinda..around. Doesn't really have a direction right now.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'd rather have Cena hold on to the belt than have Randy Orton win it.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd rather have Cena hold on to the belt than have Randy Orton win it.
Well sir you are wrong, just wrong. Randy is the future, and the future is now!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: