Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah. I'm cautiously excited.
I'm expecting him to job to Kane in a 3 minute squash match and then get fired.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way I will watch wwe again is if there is a Christian vs Danielson fued

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he will start out on ECW so you could very well see that.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superstar Initiative!

They just need to market him right. Talk about him as a technical master. Make up some random story about him being Dean Malenko's protege or something.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

News on Jeff Hardys future waring gives away SD results.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I can't believe no one mentioned this. Bryan Danielson just agreed to a deal(in principle) with WWE yesterday. THAT IS ******* HUGE! I am so pissed he didn't go to TNA, WWE WTL, TNA WTF.
Im sure both wanted him. Danielson has done basically everything possible in the indies, so im glad hes going to 1 of the 2. With WWE, he probably saw the way CM Punk is succeeding, and the fact that William Regal and Shawn Michaels trained him, and preferred that.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok we did this for tag teams so I'm gonna create a new top 5

fav storylines/fueds All-Time

1. Sting vs NWO
2. Vince revealed as the Higher Power
3. The debut of Kane
4. Austin vs McMahon
5. Austin vs Rock
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

When Stone Cold and HHH had their "3 stages of hell" match at No Way Out I thought the build up to that match was fantastic and the match lived up to the hype which is hard to do after all that.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
When Stone Cold and HHH had their "3 stages of hell" match at No Way Out I thought the build up to that match was fantastic and the match lived up to the hype which is hard to do after all that.
true but to me Aistin/McMahon is really what made WWE go to a whole nother level.Sting/NWO is the only reason IMO WCW was consistently winning in the Monday Night Wars
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
The debut of Kane
I remember The Undertakers debut I was like eight years old first time a wrestler scared me he was just owning fools.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Shawn Michaels going heel and turning on Marty Jannetty was so shocking. I was crying when Shawn smashed Marty's face in the Barber shop window, I was like 7 years old at that time.

2. Undertaker, Paul Bearer and Kane storyline in 1997.

3. Austin vs. McMahon

4. Hart Foundation vs. America

5. NWO vs. WCW, I only liked nwo when it was Hogan, Hall and Nash.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Even though I was let down in the long run on how they used him when RVD joined WWE I was giddy like a school girl I was yelling my Mom was in the other room like WTF haha.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember The Undertakers debut I was like eight years old first time a wrestler scared me he was just owning fools.
Sid Vicious cut a promo and I about **** myself. Hand to God, I locked every door of the house.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt bad for the jobbers that had to face Sid Vicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hXt...eature=related

I really thought Danny Deese had a chance.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:58 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 08-27-2009 at 04:05 AM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
see I was'nt scared of old school Taker,Ministry Taker is who scared the crap out of me.all those fake crucifixes freaked me out
Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5 Favorite Storylines Ever:

1) Undertaker/Kane leading up to Wrestlemania 14
2) Austin/McMahon
3) Mick Foley Getting Screwed By McMahon, Finally Winning WWF Title
4) Sting/nWo
5) The Rise of Steve Corino (ECW)
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I always felt bad for the jobbers that had to face Sid Vicious.
Spike Dudley was like a life long jobber when it came to taking bumps how a guy that small could take the kinda beatings he took over the years is beyond me.

Last edited by Splat : 08-27-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. DX vs The Hart Foundation
2. WWF vs the Alliance (WCW, ECW)
3. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
4. NWO vs WCW (The whole thing was brilliant!)
5. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle (Siiiick matches between the two)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few storylines in no particular order

- Survivor Series 98: Deadly Games (Mankind goes in as McMahons 'corporate choice', and The Rock goes in as a babyface. Austin is screwed by Shane, and Rock turns heel at the end, becoming the Corporate Champion while Mankind is betrayed by Vince.)

- ROH Summer of Punk (Punk signs with WWE as a babyface having never won the ROH Title, has his "last" ROH match for the belt, wins it, turns heel with one of the best speeches ever, stays another few months while threatening to take the belt to WWE with him. Signs the WWE contract on the ROH title, etc)

- Sting: WCW Savior (As pure of a babyface as youd ever find, the franchise of WCW took on the Outsiders when they invaded the company. nWo introduced an impostor Sting which had the wrestlers believe that he had turned his back on them all. When he said they were wrong, no one believe him. At Fall Brawl 96, he shows up and beats up the fake Sting and the nWo as his teammates look on. He then walks out of the match having proven his innocence. Next night on Nitro he cuts a promo about feeling betrayed by WCW, the fans, and his friends for not believing him. He declared himself a Free Agent. He started showing up in the rafters and crowd with crow facepaint and a trench coat. He would test WCW wrestlers loyalty by provoking them and then handing them his bat and turning his back. Eventually he openly sided with, and became the savior of WCW and took the title from Hogan.)

- WrestleMania 3 - WrestleMania 5 (Andre The Giant turns heel and joins up with Bobby Heenen after Hogan hogs the spotlight from him in a trophy presentation (Hogans for being WWF Champ for 3 years, Andre's for being Undefeated for 15 years). This leads to their famous WrestleMania 3 match where Hogan retained the title and became an icon. Following Survivor Series later that year, they would sign to have a rematch on "The Main Event". Andre would win the title here in controversial fashion, and immediately sell the championship to The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. The belt was vacated and a tournament was held at WrestleMania 4. Randy Savage would win the title, defeating Ted Dibiase in the finals, turning Savage into a legit superstar. Soon after, the Mega Powers were formed (managed by Miss Elizabeth) and took on Andre and Dibiase at Summerslam. The Megapowers dominated the WWF for over a year until Elizabeth became an issue between the two. Savage was paranoid about his wife and Hogan. Savage would turn heel and the two would meet at WrestleMania 5 where Hogan would once again win the belt.)

- Evolution (HHH, Flair, Orton, Batista. HHH dominates the World Title scene while Orton and Batista are built as credible threats. Orton holds the IC Title for 9 months, then wins the World Title at Summerslam 04. He is kicked out by the jealous HHH and the two feud. Meanwhile, Batista begins to realize that HHH is no longer interested in elevating him, he just wants to use him to reclaim and hold onto the world title. The Batista slow burn, culminating with him winning the Royal Rumble, was awesome. HHH tries to get Batista to go to Smackdown and face JBL at wrestlemania so that Evolution can dominate the WWE. In an attempt to persuade him to pick JBL, HHH schemes to have JBL's limo try and run Batista over, only for HHH to save him at the last minute. Batista overhears this plot and ends up signing to wrestle HHH at WrestleMania 21. He proceeds to powerbomb HHH thru a table and become one of the biggest babyfaces of this decade. HHH and Batista would go on to have 3 very good matches, culminating with Hell in a Cell. This would be HHH's last program as a true Heel, as he turned babyface shortly after and hasnt turned back.)

Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
- ROH Summer of Punk (Punk signs with WWE as a babyface having never won the ROH Title, has his "last" ROH match for the belt, wins it, turns heel with one of the best speeches ever, stays another few months while threatening to take the belt to WWE with him. Signs the WWE contract on the ROH title, etc)
That was one of the best recent story lines I've seen.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would have liked to have seen that I have started to watch ROH more but always seems to be repeats on HDNET when are the new shows?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Monday nights, at least here soon they will be. The HDnet shows are all online though.

Still, and this is my opinion, i dont know how anyone else feels, but ROH is so watered down and stale compared to what it was in from 03-06. Basically from the beginning of Samoa Joe's reign to the end of Danielson's reign where Homicide finally won it. The HDnet shows are so boring to me.

Nigels super long reign where he had the same match with EVERYONE killed it for me.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Still, and this is my opinion, i dont know how anyone else feels, but ROH is so watered down and stale compared to what it was in from 03-06. Basically from the beginning of Samoa Joe's reign to the end of Danielson's reign where Homicide finally won it. The HDnet shows are so boring to me.
I was wondering because I started watching it lately since I kept hearing all this hype about it and I thought it was ok but nothing great.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are all great choices Comahan. The only issue I had with the fake Sting storyline was that he looked nothing like Sting. After the first appearance in the limo it was pretty obvious. In terms of the nWo I'd have to say that the first two months before Hogan joined were actually the best. I was just never a fan of Hogan with the title. Nash and Hall made the nWo cool, even if Hogan gave it more notoriety.

In terms of other fueds I like, I'd have to say:

Brett Hart-Shawn Michaels (with a little Stone Cold and Undertaker for variety). I love shoots. This was one of the best 'real' rivalries. Montreal was a let down, but it also made everything before it that much more exciting.

Mick Foley anti-hardcore in ECW. I love it when the heels are right, mostly because I love to laugh at the hypocrisy of the average wrestling fan. Almost everything Foley said about ECW fans was right, and for a long time they couldn't even boo him for it until they knew he was leaving for the WWF. Good stuff.

Black Power Nation of Domination. First of all, Farooq at that time was a bad mama jamma. This is another case of turning it on the fans. Farooq got the most heat for saying things like "a black man should be champion." He was absolutely correct about the racism in pro-wrestling, but fans didn't want to hear it. When they got the skin heads led by Bryan Adams that was even better. Any time you can get fans to cheer for neo-nazis you've got something going. The Rock has the NOD to thank for making him credible.

Jake the Snake Roberts v. Macho Man Randy Savage- they actually feuded first in 1986 but the one people remember most is in 1992 when Roberts disrupted Macho's wedding to Elizabeth with his cobra. The snake bite Macho so hard that the puncture would and blood was visible on tv. Roberts was such a good heel and so cool that fans couldn't help but cheer for him. One of the most interesting personas in the history of the WWF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote