Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
just thought of something.with SD's lack of heels might we see Orton turn heel and fued with Christian for the WHC?
He has been growing a beard so I have been thinking the same thing in terms of a heel turn. However, I don't think they will have Orton go for the belt right away. I could see Christian feuding with Mark Henry after Henry smashing him during that match during the draft special.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Christian turning heel? I know SD is heel heavy but I wouldn't be against it. After taking him so long to become the champ they could have him be obsessed with keeping it by any means necessary.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if Christian turns heel, he won't win any matches. If you're a face, you win matches. So, as long as he's a face he'll be undefeated as World Champ.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss that days off long title runs. I'm not the biggest Cena fan but I would love to see him keep the belt till WM like he said he would on Raw.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
How about Christian turning heel? I know SD is heel heavy but I wouldn't be against it. After taking him so long to become the champ they could have him be obsessed with keeping it by any means necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Well if Christian turns heel, he won't win any matches. If you're a face, you win matches. So, as long as he's a face he'll be undefeated as World Champ.
Well...let's just say that there is another reason to hate Vince after this week's Smackdown.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

And Randy Orton is the champ for the 197th time what a freaking joke.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about 80% sure this is part of a narrative, and not just a quick switch of the belt off of Christian. Christian only got the belt because Edge retired, so I think it makes sense for him to have a multi-program feud with Orton to get it back. It wouldn't really make much sense for him to beat Orton clean after being a mid-card guy for 10 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I hope your right it's just this whole Randy Orton is invincible and can't be beat stuff is getting old and that is coming from a Orton fan.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Orton is growing a beard, which in WWE land means he'll soon be a heel.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually the way SD ended I can see Christian turning heel.he could do what R-Truth is doing and blame the fans for his title loss like R-Tuth is blaming the fans for losing his ME spot at ER
Old 05-07-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep watching, but wrestling sucks for someone of average to above average intelligence.The writers are afraid of allowing the top faces, Cena and Orton, to ever lose. There is little creativity and it seems that the primary motivation for storylines is not to be interesting but rather to sell things. I understand that it is a business but I feel like whether it is a film, book, TV show, etc, if the main goal is to make money, the story is going to suffer. Oh well.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I keep watching, but wrestling sucks for someone of average to above average intelligence.The writers are afraid of allowing the top faces, Cena and Orton, to ever lose. There is little creativity and it seems that the primary motivation for storylines is not to be interesting but rather to sell things. I understand that it is a business but I feel like whether it is a film, book, TV show, etc, if the main goal is to make money, the story is going to suffer. Oh well.
Yeah, WWE just feels really really dumbed down right now. Heels almost always lose and Cena/Orton/Big Show/Rey Mysterio ALWAYS win. Oh, and Michael Cole is very annoying. And I really hate the term "WWE Universe".
Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Yeah, WWE just feels really really dumbed down right now. Heels almost always lose and Cena/Orton/Big Show/Rey Mysterio ALWAYS win. Oh, and Michael Cole is very annoying. And I really hate the term "WWE Universe".
It's weird to see WWE's transformation into an entertainment company, specially because they have sucked in story lines so far and the last Raw and Smackdown had great matches. They need to either decide to be the program with great wrestling or great story lines, or, and that's completely innovative, have 'em both.

They should fire the creative team, it's like they have a mold and just fill it out with bodies. Every heel is a chicken**** that can only win by cheating or by facing unknowns. Every face is ambushed, comes back with a vengeance, becomes superman and beats the heel as if he was stepping on a cockroach. Their story lines are so simple you can see what is going to happen a mile away. They thought they were going to be creative having Christian lose the title in his first match, but when I heard Orton's song play I knew a storm was coming, and it did. He won and the IWC went ape**** as expected.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, it's mostly Kevin Dunn and Johnny Ace that seem to be the biggest problem. Most people that have been through WWE have pretty much nothing good to say about them.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandoss View Post
It's weird to see WWE's transformation into an entertainment company, specially because they have sucked in story lines so far and the last Raw and Smackdown had great matches. They need to either decide to be the program with great wrestling or great story lines, or, and that's completely innovative, have 'em both.

They should fire the creative team, it's like they have a mold and just fill it out with bodies. Every heel is a chicken**** that can only win by cheating or by facing unknowns. Every face is ambushed, comes back with a vengeance, becomes superman and beats the heel as if he was stepping on a cockroach. Their story lines are so simple you can see what is going to happen a mile away. They thought they were going to be creative having Christian lose the title in his first match, but when I heard Orton's song play I knew a storm was coming, and it did. He won and the IWC went ape**** as expected.
I have no idea how the politics of the WWE work, but I imagine that the writing team isn't all to blame. I imagine there are a host of constraints placed upon them from people that have a stake in the company in terms of stock like Vince Mcmahon and whoever else is high up in the company. I assume the writers know the type of stoyryline that wont get approved and are probably forced to stay within a specific and small range because higher ups are afraid of rocking the boat, risking clothing or action figure sales.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I have no idea how the politics of the WWE work, but I imagine that the writing team isn't all to blame. I imagine there are a host of constraints placed upon them from people that have a stake in the company in terms of stock like Vince Mcmahon and whoever else is high up in the company. I assume the writers know the type of stoyryline that wont get approved and are probably forced to stay within a specific and small range because higher ups are afraid of rocking the boat, risking clothing or action figure sales.
I understand that, but even if you can't have the freedom to do whatever you want you should still be able to come up with more complex plots than just "he bad because he no like the fans" if you know what I mean. I'm not complaining about who feuds with whom, but how that is set up. I don't care if you want to have Orton and Cena be the top dogs all the time, but at least make it interesting instead of just they are super powerful therefore they are the good guy and they will just win the same way every time and fight guys who are too scared to face them one on one. They should sell their heels as more of a competition rather than just punching bags.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandoss View Post
I understand that, but even if you can't have the freedom to do whatever you want you should still be able to come up with more complex plots than just "he bad because he no like the fans" if you know what I mean. I'm not complaining about who feuds with whom, but how that is set up. I don't care if you want to have Orton and Cena be the top dogs all the time, but at least make it interesting instead of just they are super powerful therefore they are the good guy and they will just win the same way every time and fight guys who are too scared to face them one on one. They should sell their heels as more of a competition rather than just punching bags.
That is absolutely true. I look at a guy like CM Punk and based on his character, he shouldn't be a cowardly heel like he is sometimes portrayed as. Some heels shouldn't be cowards, some should actually have balls. I also hate that basically every heel needs help from a stable or cheating to win. Why can't a heel ever just be better than a face on a given night? I find that this is usually how I end things that I say about wrestling, but oh well.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Morrison underwent neck surgery today.will miss several months
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This new Bautista look-a-like character impresses me. I didn't think the WWE could find a more boring 'no personality,all muscle guy' than Bautista. Mason Ryan may just prove me wrong. All he seems to be able to to is look muscular and make goofy faces.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
This new Bautista look-a-like character impresses me. I didn't think the WWE could find a more boring 'no personality,all muscle guy' than Bautista. Mason Ryan may just prove me wrong. All he seems to be able to to is look muscular and make goofy faces.
You know Vince loves the big guys who have absolutely no talent other than abusing steroids without dying.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I love Mason Ryan. I think his faces are amazing and I love that he just keeps screaming "COME ON" when he get enraged while fighting. We have no way or knowing if he has charisma because he hasn't said much of anything more than "faith" while on the mic.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
John Morrison underwent neck surgery today.will miss several months
Then he'll come back and rage on R-Truth for 2 months, then finally get a title push. He's having SuperMan surgery in the writer's eyes.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Poopy face' by Mason Ryan
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Quote:
I love Mason Ryan. I think his faces are amazing and I love that he just keeps screaming "COME ON" when he get enraged while fighting. We have no way or knowing if he has charisma because he hasn't said much of anything more than "faith" while on the mic.
We might not know much about him, but so far he has showed that he isn't that much of a talker and he has been at best mediocre in ring.
He'll probably end up like Ezekiel Jackson. Talentless, but being pushed anyway.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

At least he is better then The Great Khali biggest waste of a roster spot ever.