Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Del Rio and Cena has been speculated for Summer Slam for months. I'm guessing that was intentionally done to give them a reason to have a rivalry after the PPV.
If there is one thing the WWE understands, it is the value of being able to promote foreign guys so that they can benefit from international interest. I assume Del-Rio will get his shot at the title sooner or later and I imagine it will be at the big show of the summer.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del Rio lost a lot of his heat with Ricardo being destroyed by Show, so I don't think he can fight Cena without Ricardo there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del Rio can have a beef, he won a #1 Contenders match. My guess is he wins the Raw MITB, then between those two factors, he would REALLY feel like he deserves a title shot.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do we see Punk before MITB? I kinda feel it would help with the build up if we don't.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
So do we see Punk before MITB? I kinda feel it would help with the build up if we don't.
To me, more punk is never a bad thing. He is just so entertaining it doesn't matter what he does.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 Years ago today, brother!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 years? Doesn't seem that long ago...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You don' sold yo soul to da devil!!"

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched some TNA for about 15 minutes last night. It was so ******* terrible. Not even fun, not humorous, not entertaining, just a complete abomination.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, TNA is pretty bad. I just like watching some of the X Division guys like Shannon Moore, AJ Styles, and a bunch of others.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you don't like watching Mr.Anderson joining a bootleg NWO rip off to feud with the Joker Sting?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I watched some TNA for about 15 minutes last night. It was so ******* terrible. Not even fun, not humorous, not entertaining, just a complete abomination.
It was pretty bad. I have been watching it the last few weeks and it just isn't any good I don't even care enough to keep watching.

I'm not a TNA hater I try to give it a chance but it just sucks. They have people I like but they have no idea how to use any of them.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang.. what a rise n fall story. I thought TNA, with their NON-former WWE roster, could have been something special then they go sign some old timers who all want creative rights and it turned into one big mess

on another note, Hogan has been beating people with 5 moves since the 80s. I never was on the hulkamania train as a youngster

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 07-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
This nailed it. They had some good things going and could have made a nice run but they just blew it.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This nailed it. They had some good things going and could have made a nice run but they just blew it.
I dont know what they were thinking taking on all this recycled talent?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I dont know what they were thinking taking on all this recycled talent?
I think they thought if people all ready knew their roster they would tune in but fans were looking for something new not WCW 2.0.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not trying to defend Hogan at all but TNA has had the same problem for a while. Of chasing older more recognized name fa and WWE rejects. Even before they brought hogan in. It is just getting worse and worse now as the years go on.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

the thing about WWE is that they are constantly signing and developing AND PUSHING! new talent. they occasionally bring in an old timer like the rock or stone cold but they are far from being pushed into the limelight that they aren't already in.

although i dont watch wrestling anymore, i somewhat understand the business and what makes things go.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

The difference is that TNA brings in these guys to be apart of their full time roster. Give them all the spotlight and refuse to acknowledge that their time is done. Unlike WWE bringing in the Rock for a one off feud with Cena in a attempt to try to put Cena over more.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind TNA bringing in some former WWE guys or even named talent (Sting, Kurt Angle, Foley, etc) since they could give the rub to the younger guys. But Flair, Hall, Nash, Hogan and others that can't wrestle anymore have no place on a roster full of young, talented guys.

If they would have just kept Joe, Styles, Daniels, Abyss, and the rest of the X Division guys, they could have built a formidable promotion because the fans would have tuned in to see incredible, high-flying, intense performance matches. Now, I'm watching story lines that are close to 20 years old being performed by the same guys that did that same angle almost 2 decades ago.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I don't mind TNA bringing in some former WWE guys or even named talent (Sting, Kurt Angle, Foley, etc) since they could give the rub to the younger guys. But Flair, Hall, Nash, Hogan and others that can't wrestle anymore have no place on a roster full of young, talented guys.
Spotlight hoggers.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:

If they would have just kept Joe, Styles, Daniels, Abyss, and the rest of the X Division guys, they could have built a formidable promotion because the fans would have tuned in to see incredible, high-flying, intense performance matches. Now, I'm watching story lines that are close to 20 years old being performed by the same guys that did that same angle almost 2 decades ago.
I didn't say they cant ever bring in ex WWE guys. Just like you said with the guys you mentioned. Guys who's best are long behind them. Or the guys they end up signing who have a name cause they were in WWE then put right into the main event.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Just to change it up. Here is the newest episode of Z True Long Island Story

Old 07-08-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

i have no beef with Angle, i think he still can wrestle. but flair, hogan, hall, and nash? c'mon. why even have a creative staff if you have 4 of the biggest spotlight hogs of all time and all want creative rights and control?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Nash and Hall are not there anymore.