Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense. Punk is clearly turning face-ish, so you need to elevate a heel if you're going to have a show with Cena and Punk as the two main stars.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the WWE is going to Mexico sometime this fall so I'm sure that might be part of the reason for giving the title to Del Rio.

As for storyline purposes, WMD and LT both have interesting ideas.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for Richardo's intro.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone else feel like when a MITB winner cashes in the way a lot of the past winners have it makes them look a bit weak?IMO makes it seem like they can't beat the champion in a fair fight
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
does anyone else feel like when a MITB winner cashes in the way a lot of the past winners have it makes them look a bit weak?IMO makes it seem like they can't beat the champion in a fair fight
The only MITB winner's who ended up looking weak after imo was Swagger and Kennedy after he lost his case to Edge.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Nash is awful.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I am excited to see what they do on Raw tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these plugs are pretty disgusting, but that Subway commercial with the Miz takes the cake, in between two commercial breaks. Stuff like that makes me never want to watch wrestling again.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Kevin Nash is drunk as a skunk.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punk won that exchange lol
Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Riley. You're just terrible.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Is anyone else getting the 99 Jericho vibe every time Punk and Stephanie McMahon are in the same room talking to each other?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Alex Riley. You're just terrible.
He is legitimately dangerous at this point, Swagger was absolutely gassed after that ****. I would have been okay with Swagger pulling a Lesnar on him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

"OMG Kevin Nash WTF? I thought he was dead? LOL"

I laughed.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punk is golden as always. Mr. Pipe Bomb wins again!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Randy Orton is doing media in Bakersfield, California today. Here's a photo he Tweeted with Barney.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Orton is doing well as the Steve Austin type of quasi-evil good guy. He is clearly the face of Smackdown, whether he's the champion or not. I'm sure Bakersfield CA is excited to see him.

It was great to see Big Sexy Kevin Nash again. His character is the classic example of a wrester who does what he wants, whenever he wants, to whoever he wants to do it to, and doesn't think twice about it. But what's with those idiots "what-ing" Nash during his promo? (And how tired is what-ing anyway?) Don't they realize who he is? I hope they were only doing it as a "work" because he attacked C.M. Punk.

It's obvious that Alberto Del Rio was going to eventually be a world champion, even after he lost a Smackdown title match to Edge. I like his Honky Tonk Man style delusional "The fans love me!" promo he added to his character. I wonder where they get those awesome cars every week that are supposed to belong to ADR. Just when you think Cena will finally turn heel, something happens to prevent it -- the latest is the start of a feud with Del Rio.

Call me crazy, but I think Impact Wrestling generally has better matches than WWE. But as far as storylines and promos, WWE is clearly better than IW.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 08-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
But what's with those idiots "what-ing" Nash during his promo? (And how tired is what-ing anyway?) Don't they realize who he is?
I laughed. What? I said I laughed...

You act like Nash is still relevant.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else particularly excited about the possible Ziggler-Swagger storyline, with Vickie eventually turning on Dolph to manage Swagger after managing both for a couple of weeks? I'm pretty stoked for this. I've always liked Swagger and Ziggler and have always thought putting Swagger in a program for the United States Championship would be gold since he is the All American-American. Doesn't hurt that they can both work a great match either.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited if they give Swagger something to do. I enjoyed Swagger 'training' Cole for his Wrestlemania match, only because Swagger was involved. But yes, Swagger is the perfect example of why managers are needed today (More than good enough to get it done in the ring, not that good on the mic).
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Randy Orton is doing well as the Steve Austin type of quasi-evil good guy. He is clearly the face of Smackdown, whether he's the champion or not. I'm sure Bakersfield CA is excited to see him.

It was great to see Big Sexy Kevin Nash again. His character is the classic example of a wrester who does what he wants, whenever he wants, to whoever he wants to do it to, and doesn't think twice about it.

But what's with those idiots "what-ing" Nash during his promo? (And how tired is what-ing anyway?) Don't they realize who he is? I hope they were only doing it as a "work" because he attacked C.M. Punk.
Randy Orton really isn't like Stone Cold, mainly because Orton isn't even close to him on the mic or as good in the ring. He's only been a role recently because he and Christian have great chemistry, now that their feud is likely done he will go back to having passable at best matches consistently.

Oh yeah, and the reason Nash got "What?" chants is because he was giving an awful promo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
I'm excited if they give Swagger something to do. I enjoyed Swagger 'training' Cole for his Wrestlemania match, only because Swagger was involved. But yes, Swagger is the perfect example of why managers are needed today (More than good enough to get it done in the ring, not that good on the mic).
I agree that Swagger could use a manager, but I don't think he's that bad on the mic.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 08-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Orton really isn't like Stone Cold, mainly because Orton isn't even close to him on the mic or as good in the ring.

I agree that he isn't near as good as SC on the mic, but I disagree about not being as good in the ring.

I agree that Swagger could use a manager, but I don't think he's that bad on the mic.

The lisp doesn't exactly help. I'm old enough to remember when there were several managers. The best was Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The thing with Orton is, he's supposed to have these long last feuds with John Cena and Triple H like Stone Cold did with The Rock and Triple H (and so forth), but they don't really have any chemistry. Orton's best matches honestly have been with Christian, and he has never really been able to carry anyone to a good match. While maybe pure wrestling skills he's about on par with Austin post neck surgery (he was incredible in the ring before the Owen Hart thing, and even post somewhat), he doesn't have his brawling skills or anything else.

Plus, I can never forgive him or Triple H for that absolute disaster of a main event that followed one of my all time favorites in HBK/Undertaker.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Here's a question for you guys. If you were starting a major wrestling organization and could sign anybody to jump-start it, who would it be? John Cena? Randy Orton? Maybe somebody from IW like A.J. Styles or Kurt Angle (although age is starting to become a factor with Angle.)? Think of the person as being like the #1 overall draft pick for an NFL team. In this scenario you have a ton of money to get started and get on television (like when Ted Turner turned NWA into WCW).
Old 08-17-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

John Cena and it's not even close. I like money, and he makes a lot of it.