Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I like his entrance music.
But all intro music sounds the same nowadays...

I have gotten back into wrestling this summer, after a 10+ years hiatus. Quite different from what I remember, my top 5 would be...

1. CM Punk
2. Ziggler (i hate vicky though)
3. Awesome Truth
4. Del Rio
5. Rhodes is slowly growing on me to take this spot.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. CM Punk
2. Sheamus
3. Zack Ryder
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Wade Barrett
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good match between Orton and Rhodes tonight.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That match was a great way to end their feud for now. I think this is where they move Cody into his program with Booker T and get Randy more involved with Sheamus/Christian/Barrett and try to ease him back into the WHC picture by TLC.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I so thought Daniel Bryan was going to cash in his MITB and lose. I would have been so pist.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been waiting for him to cash in too Splat but I'm starting to believe more and more he's going to be in a championship match at 'Mania and unless the put him in a triple threat match and throw a curveball and have him able to do it against the RAW champ, I don't see it ending well. He'll either be facing Orton or Henry or maybe a combination of the 2 and I don't think he'll be built up enough to pull something like that off.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ww...in-belgium.php

Quote:
Christian suffered a knee injury at last night's Smackdown house show from Forest National in Brussels, Belgium.

Christian was in a bout with Sheamus when he was hurt less than two minutes in the match. The referee called for a quick finish, Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick and threw up the X sign. Assistance was given and Christian was helped out of the ring.

As of this writing, I do not know the severity of the injury.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People, do pro wrestling a favor and order the CHIKARA "High Noon" Internet PPV on Sunday. It's only $15, and will be awesome. Main event is Mike Quackenbush vs. Eddie Kingston in the Finals of the 12 Large Summit, where the winner will become the first ever CHIKARA Grand Champion.

Link to buy the show is http://www.gfl.tv/. This company is all sorts of amazing, and deserves everything good that it gets, so yea, try it out. $15 isnt that much.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as my favorites right now, hmmm, ill do 8 cause I cant decide

CM Punk (WWE)
Bully Ray (TNA)
Eddie Kingston (CHIKARA)
Kevin Steen (PWG/ROH)
Dean Ambrose (FCW/WWE)
James Storm (TNA)
Wade Barrett (WWE)
UltraMantis Black (CHIKARA)

Last edited by comahan : 11-10-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

Watching the '95 Survivor Series right now and the one difference that has been so apparent and evident to me is the amount of managers and the heat they can draw. Going into the 3rd match right now, which is Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Goldust, managers that have been at ringside so far have been Sunny and Ted Dibiase for one team, Harvey Whippleman for another team and Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji for another one. I know we have Vickie right now but she's basically the only manager we have. NEED MORE MANAGERS.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 years ago today a true legend left way too soon.R.I.P Eddie
Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Watching the '95 Survivor Series right now and the one difference that has been so apparent and evident to me is the amount of managers and the heat they can draw. Going into the 3rd match right now, which is Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Goldust, managers that have been at ringside so far have been Sunny and Ted Dibiase for one team, Harvey Whippleman for another team and Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji for another one. I know we have Vickie right now but she's basically the only manager we have. NEED MORE MANAGERS.
I'm always split on this. A lot of managers back then were totally useless. Goldust needed Marlana why? He's one of the best talkers in the modern era. Even guys like Mr.Fuji and Harvey Whippleman were good at drawing heat for themselves, but that rarely seemed to transfer to the wrestler once they were outside of their faction (so, in the end, it didn't accomplish the goal of building up a wrestler at all).

Wrestlers on average are better talkers nowadays, and if a guy can talk, I think he's better off not sharing the mic with someone else. I think it would be a good idea to give some greener guys managers (Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Mason Ryan) to help them get over, but I think guys like Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger have sufficient mic skills and personalities that Vickie is holding them back.

They do need to bring back the in-box interviews and promos, however. The WWF used to do SUCH a better job of establishing the personality of guys over time. Now it seems like everyone is just a generic angry guy with muscles.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kidd and Gabriel are both damn good in the ring, they just could use a diva of some sort with some mic skills or something to get them attention.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Tyson Kidd is outstanding in the ring.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree, he's one of the best in the WWE at the moment. On another note BF, Mason Ryan cannot be saved at this point, he is Ted Arcidi reborn.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-13-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on another board

WWE's completely lost the art of "Show Don't Tell"

The more I watch the show, this really stands out as the main problem with characters and angles. Everything is said via commentary and promos, but nothing is actually shown.

Miz and Truth are a danger to Cena -> Cena beats both down easily at the end of Raw. Yet next week they'll still put over that Cena's in danger.

"So and so" is more dangerous and aggressive in the ring -> Person's offense is slow and methodical and they have no strong reaction if they lose.

Divas are smart and powerful -> Standard generic diva action.

Multitudes of guys are described as doing different training and hobbies -> Act the same backstage and do nothing notable in their entrance.

Cody guides many individual's lives -> Has only DiBiase accompany him and little more.

This is an approach that doesn't feel genuine. The commentators can do spiels about these guys, but if we don't see any of it, it feels so shallow and boring.
Saw this the other day and thought it was a good point.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so obvious that I don't know why I'm writing it, but if The Rock was still wrestling full time, he would still be the biggest star in the business. I thought the Rock Bottom on Mick Foley was funny (as was The Rock explaining that he's still friends with Foley, but he had to do it) but I also thought maybe they should have waited for The Rock's promo to have him come out. It would have built the excitement more.

Was that Bull Buchanon, or Bill Dotrives from "King of the Hill"? "Lenora left me, Hank." They're both down-and-out hillbillies, so I wasn't sure.

How big a waste of time was the Michael Cole Challenge? I liked the This Is Your Life segment -- it was bad but it was supposed to be bad, so it was funny. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the Challenge. But if they had to needlessly eat up air time with an awful Ross/Cole segment, at least it was during a three hour show, which left more time for better stuff.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

This is your Life was a goldmine of hilarity. Cena's reactions were amazing, and cornball Mick is awesome.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care for the Rock/Foley stuff. It would be totally awesome if they used it to turn Cena heel at Survivor Series, but I don't think the WWE is willing to kill their cash-cow for creative integrity.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't care for the Rock/Foley stuff. It would be totally awesome if they used it to turn Cena heel at Survivor Series, but I don't think the WWE is willing to kill their cash-cow for creative integrity.
holy crap I was about to post how I think a Cena heel turn at SSeries is very likely
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I just don't think the corporate WWE would allow that to happen. It's possible in part because they have the Rock as a top star for the next few months, but then what? Sheamus? Randy Orton? I just don't see another top star at this point to carry the torch.

Creative-wise it's a no-brainer, however. Cena's character is so tired, and the idea of a heel Cena vs. a face Rock makes perfect sense.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cena turned heel, it would be cool if he said "R-Truth was right. You people who cheered me are nothing but a bunch of Little Jimmys."
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I just don't think the corporate WWE would allow that to happen. It's possible in part because they have the Rock as a top star for the next few months, but then what? Sheamus? Randy Orton? I just don't see another top star at this point to carry the torch.

Creative-wise it's a no-brainer, however. Cena's character is so tired, and the idea of a heel Cena vs. a face Rock makes perfect sense.
Punk is being groomed as the top guy and has been outselling/outpopping Cena for months now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Everyone always talks about WWE not allowing Cena to turn heel, but maybe it's Cena that doesnt want to do it? He seems to genuinely love doing things like Make a Wish, and if he was a heel, then that would disappear.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Hasn't Cena said he wouldn't mind being a heel? I know he wanted to in 2006 after losing the title to Edge at one point.

RIP TheManInBlack