Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Cole a few years ago on Smackdown was terrible. I understand your point, I just disagree with it. I think that approach is stale. Pro Wrestling isn't a sport, so I always found the notion that your PBP guy should call it like a sporting event was silly. Let them have personalities. Granted, Cole's can be annoying, but at least there's something recognizable to him.
JR always had a personality to go along with it, and it is perfectly okay to have his type of personality. Hell, Scott Stanford has a hell of a personality and it doesn't come off the way Cole's personality does.

To make it more clear, I do not want Cole gone from the WWE. I thought he was a pretty good face announcer in 98/99, and he's a tremendous heel now that can gain heat as well as Vickie Guerrero. He should definitely be a manager at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 12-01-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Cole was fine as the pbp guy w/ Taz and JBL on Smackdown, and I think he's a good heel now. I just dont think the two mix well.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
On RAW this week, they finally had a diva do a cool finisher instead of the typical lame ending (usually a roll up). But the mistletoe match on Smackdown took a big step back for the ladies. They must of been pressed for time.
I like anything that involves AJ.

Also as much as I like WWE 12 their online server is crap.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting Bruce Prichard in charge was the best move TNA has done since...I don't know. Impact is actually watchable now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, its definitely much improved in several departments. The storytelling is better, the pacing is better, and some fresh faces are being put into prominent roles that theyre excelling in. Roode is amazing right now.

Also, Robbie E is a total guilty pleasure of mine. I find him immensely entertaining. OHHHHH!

Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know if Chris Hero has signed with WWE yet? I'm actually hoping that he doesnt and goes back to ROH.

P.S. Poor Claudio. :(
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

The rumors out there at the moment are that he's agreed to a deal pending his medical screenings being sorted out, its just taking a while for some reason, not unlike Daniel Bryan's did.

I kind of selfishly want him back in ROH too, though, cause my god ROH is bland right now and needs guys like him. Kevin Steen is the only guy who has ANY sort of personality whatsoever. Good wrestling is nice, but im sorry, I don't care about their main guys at all. Davey, Roddy, and Eddie are all so, so, so, so boring. They can have great matches, but if I dont care about the matches, if they cant get me invested, then all the fancy kicks and hold/counterhold stuff is pointless.

Cornette always rants and raves about Russo needing to realize that its not 1998 anymore. I think Cornette needs to realize that its not 1980 anymore. ROH's TV show is straight out of early 80's mid atlantic, and its SO DULL.

Claudio has been amazing in FCW so far though. Mr Antonio Cesaro! With Dean Malenko's 007 music!

Last edited by comahan : 12-01-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robbie E rules.

Also, I haven't watched many of the ROH shows lately.. but when I did watch, that fella Tommaso Ciampa impressed me. I like that guy a lot.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I thought Cole was fine as the pbp guy w/ Taz and JBL on Smackdown, and I think he's a good heel now. I just dont think the two mix well.
Yeah, he and Taz did make a good team. As a heel he's better than before because his personality is pretty annoying. The big problem I have now is that his character on the booth does nothing for the people in the ring. The commentators have to help get guys over too. It's not all on them, but it does a lot for a guy when you have the commentators playing up how good they are, what a win means to them, their motivations, etc. Cole spends too much time now hyping himself up and bickering with the other announcers. It's fun when it happens during one of the side promotions, but it happens far too often during the time when the focus should be on the in ring guys.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Putting Bruce Prichard in charge was the best move TNA has done since...I don't know. Impact is actually watchable now.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Robbie E is a total guilty pleasure of mine. I find him immensely entertaining. OHHHHH!

I think they should play up his Jersey Shore gimmick even more. Show him in a nightclub trying to pick up women and have him and Rob Terry get in fights with guys. (I usually don't watch entire IW shows, so maybe they already did stuff like that. If they have, feel free to jump in and point it out.)

The commentators have to help get guys over too. It's not all on them, but it does a lot for a guy when you have the commentators playing up how good they are, what a win means to them, their motivations, etc. Cole spends too much time now hyping himself up and bickering with the other announcers.

Maybe they figure Booker T puts over guys enough by himself that Cole doesn't have to. Booker's Fab Five has about 14 guys in it at any given time.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two best parts of Raw lately...

1. Dolph Ziggler (he has been on an incredible roll)

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Miz to Dolph Ziggler.

"I don't need Vickie Guerrero to get a reaction."

I actually like Dolph but I laughed.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so are they putting the mask back on Kane?in last night's video it seemed to indicate that's what is gonna happen
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
so are they putting the mask back on Kane?in last night's video it seemed to indicate that's what is gonna happen
I would like to take this time to wish unmasked Kane the best in his future endeavors.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also how long into next week's RAW will Cena work his way into the title match at TLC?you know he's gonna be apart of it
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether he's in the TLC match or not.. You know Cena will fight for the right of the hard working WWE Universe to boo or cheer him as they want! Without the fans there is no WWE! Rise Above Hate and stuff!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Cena separated the boos and cheers by asking for each -- sort of like Scott Hall of the nWo used to do.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 12-12-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) For one night at least, Masked Kane was badass.

2) His remix theme was amazing.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always going to prefer the original mask over all the variations. Still masked>>>> non masked

what the hell was up with his attire? did his mom sew that together lol
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

all we needed was Jim Ross screaming "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!!!!"
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
all we needed was Jim Ross screaming "THAT'S
GOTTA BE KANE!!!!!"
You mean Vince Mcmahon. Vince screamed that.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You mean Vince Mcmahon. Vince screamed that.
dang you're right.for some reason I thought it was JR
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

so some people seem to think that Kane is actually Taker.I can see some resemblence in face but Taker's arms are tatted up and Kane had no tattoos or anything