Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-14-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hooray for a Steiner brothers reunion.
I did'nt order it did they reunite?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
People always talk about how TNA is going to compete with the WWE but it's not going to happen....and if it ever happens it won't be for another 8-10 years. Their buyrates, production quality, scope, etc, is so drastically behind the WWE that it would be franchise suicide to try and compete with the WWE. It's the same thing with WCW, they hyperinflated because they needed to unecessarily spend so much money to compete with the WWF. There isn't a market for two major wrestling promotions, and while smarks like to think TNA is legit competition, it's not. Look at the numbers. TNA would be best served as the small-market alternative to the WWE, but it will never really compete.

This is another reason why they need to stop referencing the WWE in their programming. It just makes them look cheap and pathetic. The WWE never mentions TNA and that's becuase it doesn't really care about them.
Youre pretty much right. It isnt legit competition, and wont be, for a long time at least.

I cant say why, but I enjoy TNA more than any current WWE atm. I love Smackdown for its wrestling, but thats all they really do. Normally the TNA ppv's are excellent, and I always make sure to catch those, whether on ppv or the next day on dailymotion, I dont do that with WWE.

But like I said, im not rallying people to think that TNA is legit competition or anything, I just prefer it, atm.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently saw a tribute to the dead wrestlers on youtube, I had no idea that Bam Bam Bigelow and Yokozuna died.

It's pretty sad how many wrestlers died over the years.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I recently saw a tribute to the dead wrestlers on youtube, I had no idea that Bam Bam Bigelow and Yokozuna died.

It's pretty sad how many wrestlers died over the years.
Many past stars have died and its sad especially since the wrestling industry from those times were contributing factors.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list of the deceased is disturbingly big.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-14-2007 at 12:50 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Youre pretty much right. It isnt legit competition, and wont be, for a long time at least.

I cant say why, but I enjoy TNA more than any current WWE atm. I love Smackdown for its wrestling, but thats all they really do. Normally the TNA ppv's are excellent, and I always make sure to catch those, whether on ppv or the next day on dailymotion, I dont do that with WWE.

But like I said, im not rallying people to think that TNA is legit competition or anything, I just prefer it, atm.
Yes and I agree with this.

TNA can create better programming but they won't compete with them. That's the big difference. Ring of Honor is the best thing going right now, but in reality they don't have what really matters in the business to stretch outside of the internet/ppv/dvd market for many more years.

It's not a matter of which programming is better. Hell, look at the music business. N'Sync is one of the biggest selling bands of all time, that doesn't make them good. On the other hand, underground music can be very good, but without the resources that N'Sync has (and the general marketing niche) it's never going to be as financially sucessful, which at the end of the day is what the wrestling industry is about.

I think TNA has struggled to some degree in terms of its product because it tries too much to be like WWE where as ROH has its own niche and doesn't try to compete at all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont badmouth Nsync!

... let the truuuuuth remainnnnn, youre gone! yourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre gone!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Thats the new TNA World Title. I have to say, this looks awesome.

Not a great pic, but thats the new X title.

Thats the new Tag Team Title belt.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sabureleased

Bye bye Sabu.

You've got to figure that with RVD leaving in a month that Sandman isn't too far behind.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also

From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Vito. We wish Vito all the best in all future endeavors

Sabu and RVD should go to TNA
Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and here are the details to sabu's firing

http://nodq.com/wwe/181280792.shtml
Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My TNA Sacrifice review: http://boosanta.blogspot.com/2007/05...ce-review.html

The new belts look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Good review Creek.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good review Creek.
Nice tits.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Nice tits.
You mention on your blog about possibly seeing Sabu in TNA so he can be 'extreme' again.

Would you support this move? Or would it just be TNA hiring another old guy from another company (though hes been there before.)

Old 05-15-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You mention on your blog about possibly seeing Sabu in TNA so he can be 'extreme' again.

Would you support this move? Or would it just be TNA hiring another old guy from another company (though hes been there before.)
Sabu is a guy I like and works better in the TNA enviroment than than the WWE, but I'm against TNA bringing in any new talent (unless WWE releases Orton or someone big likethat becomes available) until they get a bigger timeslot.

Quote:

Last edited by Creek : 05-15-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Sabu is a guy I like and works better in the TNA enviromentthan than the WWE, but I'm against TNA bringing in any new talent (unless WWE releases Orton or someone big like that becomes available) until they get a bigger timeslot.
What about the RVD move thats almost certain now? Can you see him being revitalized in TNA against guys like Styles, Daniels, Joe, Angle, and the inevitable RVD/Lynn match(es) that would happen? And is that a move that they should make?

Id say RVD/Jericho are a few of the only guys that they should even think about adding, until they get more time. I wouldnt sign Orton, he's always getting himself in trouble, and furthers the aura of wwe rejects that TNA would push to the moon (not to say rvd is an exception to that either.)

Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Certainly RVD & Jericho are guys TNA should bring in. Even Goldberg or Lesner as it would likely raise TNA's rating which has been stuck at around 1.0 for what seems like months. I'm just against them bringing in the Rick Steiner's and Basham's of the world when they already have guys on the roster who are better workers who they aren't pushing.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

If the Steiners is a one time deal, I have no problem with that. But if Rick stuck around for some reason, uhggggggggg. The Bashams are a good team, I do like them, but Serotonin is sitting there doing nothing, and Kazarian and Bentley are really talented.

Also, where the blue hell did Petey Williams go? He (and his finisher) are so over.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Also, just to add... I was sure that they were going to have Sabin drop the belt to Lethal (he is crazy over everywhere, he was literally being cheered as much as anyone at a house show i went to recently) and have the MCMG be a permanent thing.

Oh man, what i would give for a MCMG/LAX feud.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Im in love with Ariel.

just saying.

Edit: And i usually HATE fake tits.

Last edited by comahan : 05-15-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im in love with Ariel.

just saying.

Edit: And i usually HATE fake tits.
Let's leave that in the "what turns you on" thread.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I agree. Ariel is ******* sexy. I want to hit her with a shovel and then take her to a movie.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I agree. Ariel is ******* sexy. I want to hit her with a shovel and then take her to a movie.
Thats easily quote of the year lol. 3

I'm kinda suprised that Saboo was released. He's one of the few ECW orginals that have been around for awhile. I so hope to god he doesn't end up in TNA he deserves better he should either go to Raw or Smackdown. Same with RVD he should also come to one of the two brands.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Thats easily quote of the year lol. 3

I'm kinda suprised that Saboo was released. He's one of the few ECW orginals that have been around for awhile. I so hope to god he doesn't end up in TNA he deserves better he should either go to Raw or Smackdown. Same with RVD he should also come to one of the two brands.
Sabu was fired from the WWE, he cannot go to Raw or Smackdown. He also hasnt been around for a while in the WWE at all.

RVD's WWE contract is running out. He'll either re-sign and remain with the ECW brand (unlikely) or go somewhere outside of WWE. (Probably TNA)