Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is that they keep the Shield but take Reigns out of it. I've said it since the day I laid eyes on the dude, but Reigns is going to be the next mega-face for the WWE.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
My guess is that they keep the Shield but take Reigns out of it. I've said it since the day I laid eyes on the dude, but Reigns is going to be the next mega-face for the WWE.
I could easily see that. And I wasn't knocking him for his size. He is one of those rare guys who has talent to go along with his size. He doesn't just look the part.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Show hasn't been WWE Champ since 2002. Among the people who have been champ since then include:

-Kurt Angle
-Edde Guererro
-JBL
-Edge
-Rob Van Dam
-HHH
-Batista
-Jeff Hardy
-The Miz

I'd guess that Big Show is about as likely to win at SS as the rest of those guys are.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone jumped back and forth between heel and face as much as Show? Maybe Kane?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Has anyone jumped back and forth between heel and face as much as Show? Maybe Kane?
Alicia Fox does it pretty much every week.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think all three of [The Shield] could go on to have success on there own
Daniel Bryan said the same thing in a shoot interview.

But for now, I still like them as HHH/Stephanie's personal thugs, a role that fits them great. But WWE needs to make sure they are not in that role for too long, or it will start to get stale. Perhaps Kane is a sign that they are already thinking about that.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 11-07-2013 at 04:48 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gotta cheer for him simply because he was (for a short time, anyway) with the Vikings.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alicia Fox does [a heel or face turn] pretty much every week.
But nobody notices.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kassius Ohno released. Time to make some bank in the indies, where I imagine at least a dozen promoters just scrambled to call him.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is released? That sucks.

Last edited by LTgiants : 11-09-2013 at 12:34 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Kassius Ohno released. Time to make some bank in the indies, where I imagine at least a dozen promoters just scrambled to call him.
Guy has no work ethic. Sucks he could have been great. Give a guy like that Bryan work ethic and he's the face of the company.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....really? Are you reading/trusting random wrestling news sites again?

Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why was he released then? Lack of talent? That's certainly not the case.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up Bert.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shut up Bert.
Make me, brodeur
Old 11-09-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I quoted the wrong post, but are we sure that this isn't part of a bigger storyline? HHH wants heat as a heel and look how mad the internet is. Imagine the pop in "Smark Country" if he came out of the crowd to beat up HHH and co. He's a good face and his offense looks so brutal he's perfect for sneak attacks.

The only way I could see this not being a work is if he asked for his release or he failed a wellness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Considering 98% of the "WWE universe" has no idea who he is, and doesn't care, I doubt they'll make a storyline out of this.

It's a big deal to indy fans and nobody else.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Considering 98% of the "WWE universe" has no idea who he is, and doesn't care, I doubt they'll make a storyline out of this.

I hate when you're right. I just want to believe.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Michael, you upset me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yea theres virtually no chance of that, plus Hero is already booked for the next PWG show. I love the dude, but outside of his little run with Regal, he never did anything in NXT of note. If they didnt feel like he deserved to be called up and given a chance, he's much better off as one of the very top guys on the indies.

I'll totally give it up for his work ethic though. Dude was a 350 lb chunky dude who looked incredibly indy for a long time. Over the last 5+ years hes gotten into great shape (relatively speaking. He's not Cena or anything obviously) and has improved his ring work so much. He can wrestle ANYONE, great at lucha, great at the japanese style, great technical guy, etc. Too bad that he didnt seem to work out in WWE, but it happens.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea theres virtually no chance of that, plus Hero is already booked for the next PWG show. I love the dude, but outside of his little run with Regal, he never did anything in NXT of note. If they didnt feel like he deserved to be called up and given a chance, he's much better off as one of the very top guys on the indies.

I'll totally give it up for his work ethic though. Dude was a 350 lb chunky dude who looked incredibly indy for a long time. Over the last 5+ years hes gotten into great shape (relatively speaking. He's not Cena or anything obviously) and has improved his ring work so much. He can wrestle ANYONE, great at lucha, great at the japanese style, great technical guy, etc. Too bad that he didnt seem to work out in WWE, but it happens.
In 2011 a fired Daniel Bryan wrestled at PWG Seven, and a couple of chikara/evolve/dgusa shows. And then he was member 7 of team WWE at Summerslam. If they did this with Hero that would be great and an awesome way for them to "work the internet/sheets". There isn't another person on NXT or WWE that they could do this with and it would be believable is there?

Let's say this is an angle, Hero might be the best guy for this in NXT, but who would you like to see them do a fake fired angle for on the main roster?

My vote goes to Dolph Ziggler, because he's always making the brass mad, but the eventual beat down after emerging through the crowd doesn't fit him that good.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

No one, because they just did it with Cody

Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Buzzkill .

Quote:

Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
and The Big Show
Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'm going to Raw next week.

Fo' free!