Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to like TNA as I was a big fan of WCW, but they really need to clean up their production value. I still feel like I'm watching something at the carnival or someone's garage. The crowd and the venue are pathetic. The best thing they have going for them right now is that they aren't the WWE, and there is so much angst against the WWE right now. If there was a better 2nd product, I don't think anyone would care about TNA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
This quite possibly be the death knell to ECW and maybe even professional wrestling as we know it. Lets face it things are not getting better but progressively worst and there is no competition to get improvement. There is no "next" Stone Cold, there is no Monday Night Wars, there is no original thinking, all there is left is politics and bottomlines! WWE has lost touch with the fans and continues to try and tell us what to cheer for thinking back to the 80's when they could do that. The business is no longer evolving as the fans do and its going to be the end of it. The WWE champ is booed and cheered so much no one knows what he is and is now being placed in a feud with a guy who couldn't cut it as the tag team 3 Count, no I haven't forgot that disaster, and is a basic generic knock off of Samoa Joer god sakes his finisher is a thumb jab to the throat, just get it over with and make it the finger poke of doom! ECW is a train wreck that just had a nuclear bomb detonated on it. RVD will not get a push because he got pulled over with some weed! Everyone has known he's a stoner for years! Sabu has become the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal jobber along with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. These guys were the backbone of ECW and part of the reason there is still a fanbase for it. Put its all about Vince's politics and making money so we are the ones who have to suffer.
Lol. You act like the character of Samoa Joe is at all original either.

Oooh...an angry Samoan. Never seen that one before.

So here we go again huh bearsfan. I'm not saying that Joe is an original character, I'm saying there is a lack of character development.
From here on out, I'm not actually going to respond to you, just bold what you actually said, as opposed to what you think you said, since you obviously have no idea how to tell the difference between the two.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone watch Impact tonight?I missed it and would like details
Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This quite possibly be the death knell to ECW and maybe even professional wrestling as we know it. Lets face it things are not getting better but progressively worst and there is no competition to get improvement. There is no "next" Stone Cold, there is no Monday Night Wars, there is no original thinking, all there is left is politics and bottomlines! WWE has lost touch with the fans and continues to try and tell us what to cheer for thinking back to the 80's when they could do that. The business is no longer evolving as the fans do and its going to be the end of it. The WWE champ is booed and cheered so much no one knows what he is and is now being placed in a feud with a guy who couldn't cut it as the tag team 3 Count, no I haven't forgot that disaster, and is a basic generic knock off of Samoa Joer god sakes his finisher is a thumb jab to the throat, just get it over with and make it the finger poke of doom! ECW is a train wreck that just had a nuclear bomb detonated on it. RVD will not get a push because he got pulled over with some weed! Everyone has known he's a stoner for years! Sabu has become the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal jobber along with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. These guys were the backbone of ECW and part of the reason there is still a fanbase for it. Put its all about Vince's politics and making money so we are the ones who have to suffer.
Lol. You act like the character of Samoa Joe is at all original either.

Oooh...an angry Samoan. Never seen that one before.

So here we go again huh bearsfan. I'm not saying that Joe is an original character, I'm saying there is a lack of character development.
From here on out, I'm not actually going to respond to you, just bold what you actually said, as opposed to what you think you said, since you obviously have no idea how to tell the difference between the two.

Well then I guess I will let go of the fact that you can't control yourself from attempting to make yourself seem superior in all posts. My statement was that Umaga was a generic knock off of Samoa Joe, that does not say that Joe is an original character. Maybe if you would just read posts for what they are and not twist around them or form your own intent these things wouldn't become arguements thru posts.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Did anyone watch Impact tonight?I missed it and would like details
It was good pretty much just a lead up to there PPV sunday Sting was still trying to befriend ABYSS they shook hands but then ABYSS turned on him hit him with The Black Hole Slam or what ever they call his move. There was a pretty good segment with the VKM aka BA and Road Dogg making fun of John Cena's movie The Marine. They booked a match for "THE PHENOMENAL" AJ STYLES vs "THE WAR MACHINE" RHINO after they got in to a little fist fight no moves just hitting each other should be a great match. There was a pretty good X-Div match to start off the show with 3 guys I don't know I'm some what new to watching TNA but it was a nice match. The end of the show was a Sting vs ABYSS vs Angle vs Christian vs Joe and Rhino was going to be in it as well but AJ took him out on his way down to the ring the match sounds better then it was it was a good match just to short. Kurt Angle won the match after he turned on Joe and hit him with his slam Joe never saw it coming the first heel type move Kurt has done in TNA.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I personally think the segments with Gunn and Road Dogg are terrible.

Yes DX sucks. That doesn't mean you assclowns are any funnier. Seriously, Billy Gunn? Billy Gunn is going to call out Shawn Michaels. Good one.

It just makes TNA look second rate, you don't see WWE talking about them at all. It's the same stuff WWF did with the Nacho Man and Billionare Ted, it's cheesy and kinda desperate for attention.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O one more thing it was just an hour I thought TNA was two hours now?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet PPV.

The matches in this were great, but the backstage stuff, VKM skits, and the bikini contest brought it down.

Again, not giving any results...

The X-Division 5-way elimination match was good, the PCS (mock of the BCS, except with X-Division wrestlers) is kinda cool, and Nash on commentary is awesome. Loved the result.

The tag match was good, I love Gail Kim , LAX is still one of the most entertaining things in all of wrestling.

Daniels vs Sabin with Jerry Lynn as Ref was good too. I liked the small swerve at the end. Im looking forward to a possible Jerry f'n Lynn in-ring return. Also, i loved the clean finish in this match, there arent many of those anymore, sadly.

The AJ/Rhino match was awesome for what it was, and it wasnt really a match. AJ plays a sweet heel, and I like how their styles mix.

The triple threat match for the NWA title wasn't anything special, but again.. i loved the result. Also, Tomko looks awesome.

Then theres Joe/Angle. I ordered Genesis last month with HUGE expectations, and was semi-let down. I entered this match just hoping that they can perform to how i know they can, and that is 2 of the best guys in the business. This match was FANTASTIC. This is what i was expecting the first time around. False finishes, great counters, great spots, and a good submission finish, in which I love the end result. I don't know if id call it a 5 star match, but it is no doubt in my mind the TNA MOTY, and a global candidate for it.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan
Sweet PPV.

The matches in this were great, but the backstage stuff, VKM skits, and the bikini contest brought it down.

The X-Division 5-way elimination match was good, the PCS (mock of the BCS, except with X-Division wrestlers) is kinda cool, and Nash on commentary is awesome. Loved the result.

The tag match was good, I love Gail Kim , LAX is still one of the most entertaining things in all of wrestling.

Daniels vs Sabin with Jerry Lynn as Ref was good too. I liked the small swerve at the end. Im looking forward to a possible Jerry f'n Lynn in-ring return. Also, i loved the clean finish in this match, there arent many of those anymore, sadly.

The AJ/Rhino match was awesome for what it was, and it wasnt really a match. AJ plays a sweet heel, and I like how their styles mix.

The triple threat match for the NWA title wasn't anything special, but again.. i loved the result. Also, Tomko looks awesome.

Then theres Joe/Angle. I ordered Genesis last month with HUGE expectations, and was semi-let down. I entered this match just hoping that they can perform to how i know they can, and that is 2 of the best guys in the business. This match was FANTASTIC. This is what i was expecting the first time around. False finishes, great counters, great spots, and a good submission finish, in which I love the end result. I don't know if id call it a 5 star match, but it is no doubt in my mind the TNA MOTY, and a global candidate for it.
I ordered Genesis as well and thought Joe/Angle was really the only good thing about it
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Quote:
Sweet PPV.

I ordered Genesis as well and thought Joe/Angle was really the only good thing about it
Oh, it wasnt bad at all, but i went in with unreal expectations.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I heard Storm got mad at Harris.A possible AMW split maybe?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:12 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is K-Fed still fighting Cena on New Years Day?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heh, yup.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:14 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Heh, yup.
That'll be fun. Mix K-Fed's hangover with his lack of wrestling ability against John Cena, I'll enjoy that. Is K-Fed making any apperances on Raw?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-11-2006, 01:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Most hyped match since Sting/Hogan Starrcade '97!!

Old 12-11-2006, 01:21 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Most hyped match since Sting/Hogan Starrcade '97!!
Wow, that's soooo sad. I stopped watching wrestling when the WWE/WCW feud stunk it up and the writing started getting terrible. Oh, how they blew the WWE/WCW angle.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 12-11-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Ken Kennedy? He's pretty great.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like I really messed up last night not ordering the PPV. I'll download it. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Lewis
Sounds like I really messed up last night not ordering the PPV. I'll download it. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
Yeah, I won't tell anyone.. except for my friend named THE WRESTLING INDUSTRY!

You are so busted.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
YOU BLEW IT.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Quote:
Yeah, I won't tell anyone.. except for my friend named THE WRESTLING INDUSTRY!

You are so busted.
Teehee.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Last night was another horrible night, the main even blew Nitro vs Cena I think we all know who is going to come out on top. The best match was either Umaga vs Jeff Hardy or HHH vs Randy Orton. Any way you look at it, it sucked big time.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I loved RAW last night. Best in a long long time in my opinion. Although, that just may be because one of my favorite tag teams of all time reunited and kicked major ass. Now all we need is a Triple X reunion in TNA & I'm a happy man.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

TNA is the only wrestling show worth watching as of now.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I loved RAW last night. Best in a long long time in my opinion. Although, that just may be because one of my favorite tag teams of all time reunited and kicked major ass. Now all we need is a Triple X reunion in TNA & I'm a happy man.
WGTT back together was awesome, but Haas REALLY needs a haircut.

Also, id prefer to see Ki in LAX, over Triple X, unless you were just talking about the Daniels/Skipper version, then i agree.