Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm sad i've never seen Jimmy Eat World either. super sad. And I am so so so jealous you got to see the movielife last year mcgee. my goodness I can't even imagine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Auerbach's Keep It Hid is fantastic
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avett Bros- Salina.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
The Avett Bros- Salina.
theyre coming with young the giant to penn state's moving on concert. its a free outdoor show they put on
Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
theyre coming with young the giant to penn state's moving on concert. its a free outdoor show they put on
WHEN IS IT AND IS IT JUST FOR STUDENTS!?!?!?!

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Website says its for everyone... Looks like I'm going to be up at State College that Friday night...

Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
WHEN IS IT AND IS IT JUST FOR STUDENTS!?!?!?!
nah you can just walk up to the stage and watch. um i think its the 27th.

also, i just found this awesome folk/indie/rock band called Big Wilson River.

i think some of you will like em

http://bigwilsonriver.bandcamp.com/album/octopus
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
nah you can just walk up to the stage and watch. um i think its the 27th.

also, i just found this awesome folk/indie/rock band called Big Wilson River.

i think some of you will like em

http://bigwilsonriver.bandcamp.com/album/octopus
I'm probably going to be there, whether its driving up with a friend or two, meeting a friend up there, or both, I'll probably be there for the show.

Its cool music, the guy's voice throws me off a little bit, I think. Something doesn't really blend well for me. This reminds me the one of the bands that opened for The Head and the Heart in the sense that it's got that folk feel too it, with heavy rock to it. If you really like Big Wilson River, check out Drew Grow and the Pastor's Wives. Its that same, real high energy folk rock. They probably put on a better live show than their recordings, based off of what I listened to off your link, which is how I feel about DG/TPW.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm probably going to be there, whether its driving up with a friend or two, meeting a friend up there, or both, I'll probably be there for the show.

Its cool music, the guy's voice throws me off a little bit, I think. Something doesn't really blend well for me. This reminds me the one of the bands that opened for The Head and the Heart in the sense that it's got that folk feel too it, with heavy rock to it. If you really like Big Wilson River, check out Drew Grow and the Pastor's Wives. Its that same, real high energy folk rock. They probably put on a better live show than their recordings, based off of what I listened to off your link, which is how I feel about DG/TPW.
cool thanks, ill give them a look.

just to warn you, ludacris will also be at moving out. i plan on leaving when the other two are finished.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I saw, when you posted that I googled the **** out of that and looked into it. Hopefully he's playing either first or las so I don't have to sit through it. I won't miss The Avett Brothers or Young the Giant, and I'd like to see Michael Franti & Spearhead. I want to give The David Mayfield Parade a shot too. He's supposedly more country, so I'm at least going to be there for some of it. (I assume they're opening)

Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss midtown
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just listening to that song about an hour ago Scotty. You read my mind. Also, was just listening to Allister recently, they were a pretty fun band.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 04-10-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wiggity wiggity wiggity wack

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I had been looking for another band for a while, hadn't found anything I like as much as some of my favorites for a while, and had heard a lot of things about Dr. Dog. Well it took them to pop up on my Pandora, but one song got me hooked. These guys are ******* fantastic, their bass player (and one of the lead singers) is so good, and has a voice that, at times, reminds me of John Lennon. The other lead vocalist (also the lead guitar-really ******* good) has a voice like Dylan, except understandable, lol. And the rest of the band does backups/harmonies.

The music is really groovy, with flawless changes that work really well, despite often times changing it up quite a bit. Great lyrics as well, especially in their newer music, which is something I value more than I think most others.

This song is probably my favorite of what I've found so far. At any given moment the song sounds different, and unless your are sitting through the whole thing, you can leave it (not that anyone should choose to, lol) and come back, and almost think its a different song. Really cool.

But I really haven't heard a song I don't like. I've heard a couple of their more psychedelic rock songs, and I like those less so far, but that was when they had a different lineup as well, their more recent music is as good as it gets for me.

Here's another song I really like, but I really suggest checking more of them out then just these songs.

Oh yeah, and their from my area(ish), which makes it even cooler for me.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

good find scotty. im surprised i havent heard of them before since theyre from the philly area.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dr. Dog is real big with the hipsters.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dr. Dog is real big with the hipsters.
I'm kinda slowly devolving into a hipster with my taste in music. I absolutely refuse to progress any further than my music taste though. You won't catch me dead in those glasses or with the general hipster attitude. Seriously though, Dr. Dog is ******* legit.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

I miss midtown
Their founding member went to Rutgers... you know this, right? (you probably do, look who I'm talking to) lol.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
good find scotty. im surprised i havent heard of them before since theyre from the philly area.
Scotty? well I'm flattered. You might want to apologize to scotty though, haha.

I'm going to be up at the Movin' On show. I'm bringing either two or three of my friends and meeting one of my friends who goes to school up there. I'm going to be driving back that night though, my one friend who is coming works Saturdays, so we won't be able to stay. Have you been to any of the previous ones, or know when they end, approximately?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

haha oops, i guess i was just reading a thread where scotty had posted.

for tv on the radio fans. i got this album when it first came out, but didnt really start listening to it until recently.

and more dave sitek

Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This song is sick, I wish there were better quality live youtube videos, these guys live must be incredible.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Scotty, at least play the awesomest Midtown song there is!

I've posted a few songs by these guys before.. I'm a huge fan and can't get enough.

I just love their sound and they're amazing live. And here are a few things that popped up on my Pandora playlist today:

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote