Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry is probably the best 3rd receiver on any team right now, but for the colts offense Gonzalez fits so perfect there and might get right around 1000 yards as a rookie along with Harrison and Wayne since Indy lost Rhodes and probably won't be running as much this year. You gotta think that Indy is gonna spread it out with Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, and Clark and get Manning 4500 yard and 30+ Tds again this year. Crazy good offense, too bad their defense is so poor (at least in the regular season it is anyway)
Old 05-14-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mark Bradley can stay healthy we're going to have a pretty darn good recieving core. Berrian had a breakout year last season and is looking to build on that and Moose while old is still a very solid vet.

Bradley is the most talented WR on our roster. If he hadn't been injured early in his rookie season the guy would've been up for OROY. Big time playmaker, can stretch the field, runs good routes, and very good hands. Add Rashied Davis who at the #4 slot is pretty good value and I like what we've got, but we aren't a top 10 WR core, yet. If Bradley pans out and has the year I think he can have I'd say we could end up in the top 10.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Fitzgearld/Boldin/Johnson.

But when together, the Bengals trio is just absurd.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer

Q, Fitz, and Bryant
Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
the cardinals win this by alot, and im not even being a homer

Q, Fitz, and Bryant
By a lot? Um no. You guys win but when clicking the Bengals are very good and Indy still has 2 studs and a perfect slot guy in Gonzo.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Wow..

Right now... I'm going with Proven 3-sets.. because i'm not going to put a rookie #1/#2/#3 over a guy proven.

1) Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald -> Anquan Boldin -> Bryant Johnson
2) Bengals: Chad Johnson -> TJ Houshmanzadeh -> Chris Henry
3) Rams: Isaac Bruce -> Torry Holt -> Drew Bennett
4) Patriots: Randy Moss -> Dante Stallworth -> Reche Caldwell
5) Cowboys: Terrell Owens -> Terry Glenn -> Patrick Crayton
6) Packers: Donald Driver -> Greg Jennings -> Robert Ferguson
7) Broncos: Rod Smith -> Javon Walker -> Brandon Marshall
8) Ravens: Derrick Mason -> Patrick Clayton -> Demetrius Williams
9) Jaguars: Reggie Williams -> Matt Jones -> Ernest Wilford
10) Steelers: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes -> Cedrick Wilson

Top 3 using Rooks:

1) Lions : Roy Williams -> Calvin Johnson -> Mike Furrey
2) Colts: Marvin Harrison -> Reggie Wayne -> Anthony Gonzalez
3) Giants: Plaxico Burress -> Amani Toomer -> Steve Smith
Disagree with that list...

It looks ok at first, but steelers should be ahead of most teams... I'd say 5th, and if johnson pans out for the lions, then they should be 2nd.

The way I see the top 5 is

Cardinals
Lions if Johnson works out
Colts regardless of Gonzalez
Cowboys
Steelers
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
If Mark Bradley can stay healthy we're going to have a pretty darn good recieving core. Berrian had a breakout year last season and is looking to build on that and Moose while old is still a very solid vet.

Bradley is the most talented WR on our roster. If he hadn't been injured early in his rookie season the guy would've been up for OROY. Big time playmaker, can stretch the field, runs good routes, and very good hands. Add Rashied Davis who at the #4 slot is pretty good value and I like what we've got, but we aren't a top 10 WR core, yet. If Bradley pans out and has the year I think he can have I'd say we could end up in the top 10.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, theres a lot of homers on these boards.
To be honest, I don't think the Broncos are top 5/10.
The starting WR's for them will most likely be Walker and Brandon Marshall, with Rod Smith or Stokley in the slot. Just too unpredictable aside form Walker with that WR corps. I expect Marshall to be a solid #2, but he needs to show signs of progression and Smith and Stokley are both old WR's who will be coming off of injuries from last year.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
Can you read? I said "potentially."

Quote:
Old 05-14-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Can you read? I said "potentially."
With what? Invisible ink?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
With what? Invisible ink?
It was implied with "if." If things pan out it could happen, I never said it would. Nor did I say we were top 10 right now.

Edit: Is it likely to happen? Probably not. But we seem to be playing the "what if" game on this board so I figured I'd join the fun. Berrian and Bradley are two very talented young WR's, and Moose is a savvy veteran. So you never know.

Quote:

Last edited by sweetness34 : 05-14-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes the Colts trio so dangerous is...PEYTON MANNING.
The Bengals have a nasty trio though the 3rd piece'll miss the first 8 games.
The Pats with Moss and Stallworth going long... watch out for Welker to eat up a lot of yards underneath.
Rams would be up there but Bruce is up there in age. We'll see how they play.
Lions are lookin' nice... and the Cards are just disgusting.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Cardinals
Lions if Johnson works out
Colts regardless of Gonzalez
Cowboys
Steelers
Are you kidding? Steelers recievers better than the Bengals? LOL
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Although I agree, IF bradley pans out, they could manage to be in the top 10.
Bradley's hands are so-so. They're nothing great, but they're not bad. They're about average for a 3rd WR. He's still got great potential... And the AFC gives berrian crap because they never actually watch him, but he's got tremedous game speed. Just watch the second play of every bears game. First play is run, second play is PA running Bernard Berrian on the streak. It's not like teams haven't been able to see that one coming.

But if it was just 3 WR's on a team. I'd pick holt, bruce, and jackson. So SJ is a RB, he can still catch and really blow up the passing game. Not as the best, but as one...

The Pats have probably the most consistant talent in terms of depth and goods.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Our WRs kinda fell off last year.

Moss is a solid #1
Brandon Lloyd was a disappointment for our number two, hopefully he can get it together this season.
Randle El is a perfect #3 slot receiver, good complement to Moss.

With Campbell having a full offseason with them, look for some good passing this season. Though I'd much rather run the ball 30+ times with Portis and Betts, I want Campbell to post a threat aswell.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles WR are under-rated. Definately not the best though.

Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
The Eagles WR are under-rated. Definately not the best though.

Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett.
Underrated by who?
Curtis was a slot receiver who will be a #2 (didn't work out pretty well for Randle El), Baskett was a rookie, and Brown is far from being a top 10 #1 WR. The Eagles trio is above average...

The better trio, right now, is Arizona's. Followed by Cincinnati (with Henry), and Indianapolis should be there even with Gonzo being a rookie, because their #1 and #2 are both top 10 in the league, with Harrison being top 3. St Louis should be there too with Holt, Bruce and Bennett who should dominate as a slot receiver. The Patriots could be there, but it all depends on Moss, if he can come back to his form. Dallas is on the mix with a great starting duo of Glenn and Owens and Crayton who is a very good slot receiver.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards
Colts
Rams
Bengals
no order
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I'd take the Cardinals' top 2 over anybody else's top 3. And Bryant Johnson isn't so bad as a 3rd receiver-- he'd start for a lot of teams. But Fitz and Boldin are just the most physically intimidating duo in the league. They'll block, catch it over the middle, stretch the field, and run after the catch. Matt Leinart is the luckiest QB on the planet-- well if Grimm is able to fix his OL he is.

Oh, and the original poster who listed the Niners as a possibility-- no way. At least not yet. D-Jack is decent, and maybe Hill will be good. I like his potential, but it's just potential at this point. Brandon Williams has looked good this offseason and we all know Lelie has some speed. And Niner fans everywhere like Battle, a tough guy who will block and doesn't get tackled easily. But still, Jackson might be the only legitimate starter on the team-- Lelie and Battle might both be best suited for #3 receiver roles and Williams and Hill have yet to step up on the field. Niners top trio, whoever it is that's in it, isn't in the league's top 15, maybe not top 20.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 05-14-2007 at 03:05 PM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona's 3-some is tough

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone read that I wasn't going to rate the rookies with proven trios?

I believe with Favre, the trio of Jennings, Driver and Ferguson will be a potent trio, if they actually have a run game to take pressure off the pass.

using rookies I ranked my top 3 teams with a Rookie at WR..

the 10 I ranked was with more proven guys.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think with Arizona our big 3 are unlikely to get the receptions and yardage they enjoyed under Green. We have many developing #4 and #5 targets who may get open in mismatches, as well as 2 young pass catching TE. James is very good out the backfield too. There just isn't enough footballs for all the players to get the stats they want, although I'll just settle for winning. This will be compounded by Whisenhunts plan to run the ball 58% of the time.

So on paper we have the best 3, but in terms of production don't expect that to be the case. Indianapolis's and Bengals are very good too.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

How are the Bengals at least not top 3?

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
How are the Bengals at least not top 3?
whos your 3rd? Hes not playing half the season.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
whos your 3rd? Hes not playing half the season.
Tab Perry.

A big bodied WR that returns kicks as well. He played great last year in the first two games but had a hip injury which put him on the IR.

Having two of the better WR's in the game alone puts us up there...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote