Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT, because i'm not sure what calibur of OL we could get in return. I dont really want to trade Demps, if he loses the starting job, he'd be a great vet to have around and be insurance in case of injury...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
LT, because i'm not sure what calibur of OL we could get in return. I dont really want to trade Demps, if he loses the starting job, he'd be a great vet to have around and be insurance in case of injury...
thats true but i still cant see the point if we were gonna shop demps around for a kicker
Old 08-03-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im in favor of benching Gibril. I don't think he's anything special quite honestly. If he doesn't step it up, I wouldnt mind seeing him on the bench.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wilson is lighting it up in camp. Doesn't mean he will during the season but he's been one of the best defensive players on the field.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli View Post
Wilson is lighting it up in camp. Doesn't mean he will during the season but he's been one of the best defensive players on the field.
Well, I don't know. I hope he can make the leap. There should be an open competition for both safety spots in my opinion. Let them battle it out on the field.

Tim Lewis held our secondary back so bad, its like you don't know what you got until this year. Ugh...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Well, I don't know. I hope he can make the leap. There should be an open competition for both safety spots in my opinion. Let them battle it out on the field.

Tim Lewis held our secondary back so bad, its like you don't know what you got until this year. Ugh...
Exactly. Which is why I think it's stupid when people pin all the secondary problems on guys like Corey Webster and Demps.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Our line is struggling to pick up the blitz. Not a good sign so far.

Kiwi is supposedly a madman off the blitz. But I view it as more of an issue with the oline than the defense getting crazy pressure. They HAVE to get it together. Everyone in our division is gonna blitz like hell this year. If they can't pick up the blitz, we're dead in the water.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our line is struggling to pick up the blitz. Not a good sign so far.

Kiwi is supposedly a madman off the blitz. But I view it as more of an issue with the oline than the defense getting crazy pressure. They HAVE to get it together. Everyone in our division is gonna blitz like hell this year. If they can't pick up the blitz, we're dead in the water.
diehl is learning, and plus he's going up against Osi, whos just amazing, but he'll have to face Ware so...

the blitzing part is scaring me, if we cant pick that up, we're in deep trouble.

also, Whimper has be VERY unimpressive...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
diehl is learning, and plus he's going up against Osi, whos just amazing, but he'll have to face Ware so...

the blitzing part is scaring me, if we cant pick that up, we're in deep trouble.

also, Whimper has be VERY unimpressive...
Whimper is a bust. Throw him at RT, or at OG and see if he's salvageable. He will not be a LT in this league.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i agree, i doubt whimper will ever be able to cut it at OL in the NFL. and BBD, what do you think about our kicking situation?
Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
i agree, i doubt whimper will ever be able to cut it at OL in the NFL. and BBD, what do you think about our kicking situation?
worried like hell. it was a mistake not resigning feely.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
worried like hell. it was a mistake not resigning feely.
kickers dont need to be in great shape, lets give good ol' Brad Daliuso a call!!!
hell, even just ol' Anderson is looking good right now. if we dont draft Jeremy Ito next year, I'm gonna flip...
Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Quote:
Whimper is a bust. Throw him at RT, or at OG and see if he's salvageable. He will not be a LT in this league.
4th round pick a bust? Yeah okay....

Anyway...lots of injuries tonight...not good, not good at all...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/
Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love Michael Jennings' car, any1 else agree?

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli View Post
4th round pick a bust? Yeah okay....

Anyway...lots of injuries tonight...not good, not good at all...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/
Why not? He was drafted with the intent of being the future LT of our franchise after 2 years of development. So far all indications point to him not being that guy. That qualifies as a bust if it holds true. Just because he was drafted in the 4th doesnt mean anything. He wasn't drafted as a "if he pans out then great" type of deal, there was a fair amount of faith put into him being our future LT. And he has not lived up to those expectations. If you were drafted with the intent of being a starter, and never achieve that goal, you are a bust, regardless of what round you were picked in.

Look at the Ravens. They drafted Gaither with the intentions of him being their future LT. In the 5th round at that. If he doesnt even crack the starting lineup, then he's a bust. Plain and simple.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on the severity of the Gerris Wilkinson injury? We can't really take a hit in our LB corps considering the lack of depth there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Any news on the severity of the Gerris Wilkinson injury? We can't really take a hit in our LB corps considering the lack of depth there.
Don't worry. My boy Chase will hold down the weakside :)
Old 08-07-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't worry. My boy Chase will hold down the weakside :)
I don't mind that at all. I'm pretty sure he just returned to practice also. I just pray this is the year most of our guys stay healthy. In the last 3 years the amount of injuries has been ridiculous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

On another note Mike and the Mad Dog are at Giants Training Camp and they have a lot of interviews set up. I think Reese is the first and he's coming on soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I don't mind that at all. I'm pretty sure he just returned to practice also. I just pray this is the year most of our guys stay healthy. In the last 3 years the amount of injuries has been ridiculous.
Im starting to think that the conditioning of the players has something to do with it.

I think if we get more injuries this year, its time to fire our Strength and Conditioning coach. Because we got rid of all the injury prone guys, theres really nothing else to point the finger to other than the coach, who would be out the door if we have a bad season anyway.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Im starting to think that the conditioning of the players has something to do with it.

I think if we get more injuries this year, its time to fire our Strength and Conditioning coach. Because we got rid of all the injury prone guys, theres really nothing else to point the finger to other than the coach, who would be out the door if we have a bad season anyway.
The funny/sad thing is I remember one of the major points Coughlin said in his first press conference was he would stop all these injuries. He got a new S&C coach, changed the weight room habits, etc. Unfortunately the injury situations has gotten worse under him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So far the only significant injury is Wilkinson. Kuehl I guess as well. But that seems to be a freak thing. How the hell does a snapper get hurt anyway?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So far the only significant injury is Wilkinson. Kuehl I guess as well. But that seems to be a freak thing. How the hell does a snapper get hurt anyway?
Maybe we're cursed?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
The funny/sad thing is I remember one of the major points Coughlin said in his first press conference was he would stop all these injuries. He got a new S&C coach, changed the weight room habits, etc. Unfortunately the injury situations has gotten worse under him.
Theyre probably too tight. I know Parcells never believed in practicing during Minicamps. He felt the entire offseason should be dedicated to getting your body physically ready, then practicing technique during TC.

Im not sure if Coughlin does that with our guys.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I still haven't heard what happened. As for the injuries we haven't even played one game yet so all hold our breath. I was speaking more to the last couple of regular seasons though.

sig by BoneKrusher