Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They really are a great team. I don't like picking the #1 overall team to win it because it's not very fun to root for them, but I couldn't avoid it this year. No weak spots at all really.
Yup. I had to go for them too. Like 50% of the people in my pool have them as well. Pretty clear pick.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money brackets are all on CBS, which sucks because CBS has a ******* terrible interface. I hate the people who did this to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you in a bracket with a bunch of 80 year olds? Who the **** uses CBS?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing very well in mine thus far, Iowa State going down to UNC would hurt me though.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got e-mailed an invite on my work e-mail, and I e-mailed the guy back with "Why the hell are we doing CBS? Is this 1999?" and he said I could just not join.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm doing very well in mine thus far, Iowa State going down to UNC would hurt me though.
Meh, UNC is part of the ACC shitfest that is going to keep tanking. The injured Iowa State can still survive.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Iowa State is still a damn good team without Niang, one of the better offensive teams in the tournament even. They could lose to UNC but I doubt it.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, I still like Iowa State in general...getting out of the sweet 16 just got way harder though.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Ha. I totally forgot that Billy Donovan was the Magic coach for like 3 days. Probably a good choice for him in the end.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Why did Wilbekin win SEC player of the year? Casey Prather is their best player.
Bad day for this post. Wilbekin has been fantastic today.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

How did NC State blow a 16 point lead to this St. Louis team? They can't score.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How did NC State blow a 16 point lead to this St. Louis team? They can't score.
St. Louis is currently on pace to score 16 points. In the entire game.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

It's pretty bad. As a general rule if Jett doesn't create something off the dribble they aren't scoring on that possession.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

This game is making the Kentucky shitfest from yesterday seem watchable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievable that St. Louis hasn't hit double digit points in 14 minutes of play and it's just a two possession game.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah, Louisville doesn't really look any better. They've looked pretty bad through 3 entire halves now and will have to collapse to not make it to the Sweet 16. Maybe they shouldn't have been so upset with their draw after all.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bad day for this post. Wilbekin has been fantastic today.
he's been the best player on the team all year. you just can't overstate the impact of his on-ball defense. he's also a pretty terrific leader and has hit tons of timely buckets this season. there's not doubt in my mind that Florida at least wins that UConn game if Scottie doesn't miss the last 3:00.

not that Casey hasn't been good. he was phenomenal at the beginning of the season but recently he hasn't been able to get in the lane like he was earlier in the year. he's been fantastic in transition the whole season, though
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin v. Oregon

Who ya got?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Wisconsin v. Oregon

Who ya got?
i felt so good about picking oregon about 10 minutes into the wisc/american game. then they went on a 40-6 run (or something like that). i think it will be close but the badgers probably win. depends on how they start, i think. can't afford to start cold against this ducks team
Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Oregon has been good lately, they hit a rough spot in the middle of the season but I think their talent level is closer to what they showed in the beginning and end of the season, and were probably underseeded according to how good they actually are. I think they have a good shot. Plus, **** Becky.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
he's been the best player on the team all year. you just can't overstate the impact of his on-ball defense. he's also a pretty terrific leader and has hit tons of timely buckets this season. there's not doubt in my mind that Florida at least wins that UConn game if Scottie doesn't miss the last 3:00.

not that Casey hasn't been good. he was phenomenal at the beginning of the season but recently he hasn't been able to get in the lane like he was earlier in the year. he's been fantastic in transition the whole season, though
He's a good player, I just think his POY award was given more according to "leadership, "being tough," and "doing the little things" than actual play which is something that has always annoyed me.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-22-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
He's a good player, I just think his POY award was given more according "leadership, "being tough," and "doing the little things" than actual play which is something that has always annoyed me.
this is true. I simply meant he was the best player on Florida. Stokes is probably the best player in the conference
Old 03-22-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Michigan really might have problems with Texas. They can't rebound and that's Texas' strength.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stauskas and Robinson are on, Michigan wins. If not, they lose. Story of the season. Matchups problems probably won't matter because Michigan is such a hot/cold team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That said, Mitch McGary sure would come in handy right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote