Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All around great day for basketball with the close games in the ACC and Pac-10 especially.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

A couple of observations from the Big East night games last night:
1.) Louisville was significantly better than WVU.
2.) Pitt was the best team that played in the night session.
3.) Lebron's cousin is very good.
4.) Gray from Pitt was the most dominant player (due to size AND skill)
5.) I expect Pitt to handle Louisville tonight. I can't see Padgett matching up well with Gray.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC tourny certainly got off to a stunning start, with the two "hot" teams (Maryland and Georgia Tech) getting knocked out, Duke getting shown the door by a dangerous NC State team now that Atsur is back, and Clemson continuing their fall.

It'll be an interesting day today. It kicks off with a North Carolina vs. Florida State game that could be very intriguing. Florida State, despite the win, is still probably on the border. UNC needs to win a couple games to guarantee a spot at the top line. I like UNC in this game ... but it should be close. The return of Toney Douglas gives Al Thornton some much needed help ... and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Florida State won the game. But I'll give the nod to UNC, as most will.

Boston College faces Miami in a game that shouldn't be close, IMO. The Canes are a year away from making any real noise in the ACC, and while Boston College isn't a great team by any means, they have enough depth, led by ACC Player of the Year, Jared Dudley, that they should be able to knock off Miami. Tyrese Rice should be able to control the tempo of the game, as long as he plays smart.

The nightcaps have both Virginia teams. Virginia goes up against a dangerous NC State team. With the return of Atsur, this is a team that's smart and plays well together. Ben McCauley is a fairly underrated big, really blossoming this year along with Costner. That'll give UVA, a perimeter oriented team, problems. Reynolds is a streaky player, and if he's off, then UVA is in trouble. That said, at the end of the day, college basketball is often won on backcourt play, and UVA has arguably the best tandem in the country (and an underrated swing guy in Diane). It'll be close, but I think UVA pulls it out.

The Hokies go up against a Demon Deacon squad that will make some noise in the near future, with only two seniors. Albeit, one of them is their best player in Kyle Visser. I really like how the young pieces of the Deacons have come together slowly. This was a team that, for the most part, played most teams close this year, and Skip Prosser is a heck of a coach. If Visser is on, he can really dominate inside. They'll need steady play from Ishmael Smith, but the Hokies have bouts of inconsistency and lack the post player to really match up with Visser, and this is my upset pick.

Thus, Saturday, I'm guessing BC vs. UNC and UVA vs. Wake Forest.

As for the ACC and tourny bids:

NCAA - I think the ACC gets

UNC - Battling for a one line. They need to win a couple games to get it, I think.

Virginia - They are in, as the number 2 team in the ACC. That said, ACC tourny will decide their seeding. At best, if they win the ACC tourny, I think it's a 3 spot. If they lose today versus a dangerous NC State team, I think they are looking at a 6 or 7 spot.

Maryland - Strong play down the stretch gets them in, despite their horrible loss to Miami. The guess here is that they get a 6 seed, dropping on account of the loss to Miami.

Virginia Tech - I think this is a huge game for them today relative to seeding. They should be in, but right now, my guess is they are looking at a 7/8 line. A loss, and they could be looking at 8/9. Best case scenario, IMO, if they win the ACC tourney? I'll say, maybe a 5 line, at best 4.

Boston College - They are in and playing for seeding as well. Lunardi has them at a 7 line in his last thing, and that sounds about right. Things opened up with the Miami win, meaning that they have a good chance of getting 1 win. I think anywhere from 4-8 is possible, depending on the ACC tourny.

Duke - They are in, there's no debate about that. The loss, though, hurts their seeding. I think they are looking at a 8/9 spot, and potentially, 10, depending on how other tournaments turn out.

Those are the acknowledged 6 that most have getting in. Georgia Tech/Florida State are on the border. I think that both will need some luck, although the guess is that both end up getting in. If Florida State beats UNC, then I think they are definitely in. I think Georgia Tech is probably looking at a 11/12 seed perhaps, if they get in, and the same probably for Florida State, if they get in.

NIT - If Georgia Tech and/or Florida State don't make it, both should be high seeds in the NIT. Clemson's collapse pushes them to NIT territory, where they should be a high seed. North Carolina State likely will be there, but seeding will be tough to guess. Maybe a 6 seed? One more win and I think Wake Forest gets into the NIT, where they'll likely be in the 8/9 lines.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That does deserve a flip out because it's absolutly somthing a uninformed Duke hater would say, and you know Duke is in, easily at that. I'm not going to watse my time however.
Oh I won't even think about arguing that Duke shouldn't be in because without a doubt they should be in. They've had 3 or 4 quality wins this season and their record is good enough.

Come on Iowa! Beat Purdon't!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well so far the projections on the Miami/Boston College game are WRONG! This Miami team was tough all year and is showing it in the ACC Tournament. They are strong on the offensive and defensive glass and are making their free throws, which some teams in the ACC certainly are not. They beat a streaking Maryland team that obviously overlooked them and are up by 10 at the half on Boston College and have held ACC Player of the Year Jared Dudley scoreless. Miami has been tough in the tournament since coming to the ACC and are showing that they belong in this conference. Should be a great second half.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Mississippi State wins, Booyah!

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Yeah, Duke may not be that amazing this year, if you even think for a nanosecond that they aren't in, you know nothing about college basketball.

We'll be back next year, though!!! Woot!
Old 03-09-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Yeah, Duke may not be that amazing this year, if you even think for a nanosecond that they aren't in, you know nothing about college basketball.

We'll be back next year, though!!! Woot!
frog you're a DUKIE! a part of me just died..................

Hell of a game Miami/Boston College was, tough loss for Miami but they played a great game and another great showing for this program.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I was deadwrong on that Miami game. They played real well. I don't think they had any business in making that a close game as, talent/experience wise, I think BC outguns them by a decent margin, as BC should've been ready knowing that seeding was at stake.

BC/UNC should be an intriguing matchup tomorrow. If Tyrese Rice is on, Tywon Lawson is going to have to be on. That said, North Carolina should be able to push into the ACC finals.

Miami should be a program to watch next year with a lot of returning pieces that have had some developmental time.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
frog you're a DUKIE! a part of me just died..................
That's what everyone said when they found out I was a Jets fan, too.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
That's what everyone said when they found out I was a Jets fan, too.
well, I suppose that will be probably be the only thing we agree upon. Ever.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetness I hope your ready for this Indiana loss.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He who laughs last laughs loudest. I'm not saying anything.

Btw, Iowa you suck! The one game where I root for you, you play dog ****. Ugh.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Btw, IU is rated higher than us so in essense, they "should" win this game. We won the game we were supposed to, unlike you guys.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Mississippi State wins, Booyah!
god damn it i cant believe they lost that
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Yes, I was deadwrong on that Miami game. They played real well. I don't think they had any business in making that a close game as, talent/experience wise, I think BC outguns them by a decent margin, as BC should've been ready knowing that seeding was at stake.

BC/UNC should be an intriguing matchup tomorrow. If Tyrese Rice is on, Tywon Lawson is going to have to be on. That said, North Carolina should be able to push into the ACC finals.

Miami should be a program to watch next year with a lot of returning pieces that have had some developmental time.

Toonster you weren't the only one who was wrong about Miami so don't feel too bad. I think every Maryland fan including me was scared when we drew Miami in the opening round and rightfully so. Yesterday's game was almost a duplicate of the game in Comcast on January 10th, and they played a great game today and made Boston College work for the victory. Miami will be a program on the rise next year, their record is a bit misleading seeing as though they played well in conference and beat 4 ranked ACC teams this year.

As for the rest of the ACC Tournament, I see the winner of the UNC/BC game taking the title. UNC played well today against Florida State even with Tyler Hansbrough not having a spectacular game, but it was nice to see the rest of the team rally around him and deliver in a game that could have slipped away from them. As for BC, I don't see them getting past UNC if Dudley has an off game like he did against Miami. Nonetheless it should be another great game from this great ACC Tournament!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He who laughs last laughs loudest. I'm not saying anything.

Btw, Iowa you suck! The one game where I root for you, you play dog ****. Ugh.
I feel exactly the same. Steve Alford doesn't deserve to coach a high school basketball team.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I feel exactly the same. Steve Alford doesn't deserve to coach a high school basketball team.
If they beat Purdue they pretty much lock us in for the tourney. But since they got butt raped on national television, it makes Purdue look a lot better than they are.

I have no clue how they got to be the #4 seed in the tournament. They can't win on the road. So basically they just beat everyone at home, because they're a great home team and then suck ass when they go on neutral or away courts.

There should be a penalty for terrible play on the road, haha. Same with Michigan State, and also IU hasn't played too well on the road either this year.

Our W/L loss isn't too good on the road but besides the Purdue game, we've been close and played well in all of our away games this season.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These past few days of conference tournaments have been some of the best College Basketball in recent memory, can't even count how many overtime and nailbiting games there have been. Just shows the parody in college basketball, any of the 65 teams in the Tourney can take it home.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
These past few days of conference tournaments have been some of the best College Basketball in recent memory, can't even count how many overtime and nailbiting games there have been. Just shows the parody in college basketball, any of the 65 teams in the Tourney can take it home.
Well said Ghetto, I think we are in store for a great NCAA Tournament and I honestly feel the Title is open to anyone.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Wow you can't say enough about this ACC Tournament! :D NC State and Virginia in a thriller! Wolfpack up 1 with 2 minutes to go. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma State upset No. 7 Texas A&M
Old 03-09-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Oklahoma State upset No. 7 Texas A&M

hmm interesting, i wonder if this puts them in.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man College Basketball the best sport in the world. Every single game is worth watching. Dang UVA lost but NCSTate is on fire Costner is an animal. Anyways yeah GTOWN in the finals. Jeff Green is the best player in College Basketball. A very good shooter, ball handler, passer, rebounder, 1on1 defender, and shot blocker and is so unselfish and such a great team player. Tonight 32 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks. Proved why he won big east player of the year, he is always in control of the game. IMO I would take him top 5 in the draft although that won't happen.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
hmm interesting, i wonder if this puts them in.
I think they'll have to make the finals at least to be in