Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NC State is playing incredible basketball right now! Costner is a manchild and Atsur is reminiscent of ACC point guards of old. Plus the solid play of McCauley and Grant and Fells. Wow what a great tourney!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well cards, what do ya think buddy? Was that an ugly half or what?

Typical defensive battle b/w our two teams. Rich McBride is TERRIBLE!

Down by 3 at the half. Let's go boys!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well today's games sucked ass for us. Basically the worst case scenerio happened. Both Xavier and Nevada fell, OK State just upset A&M, NCState just upset UVA, and Purdue beat Iowa.

Maybe it's just not meant to be this year.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't look now but Baylor is taking it to Texas. Durant is 0-11
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Akron-Kent State game is crazy. It was Kent-33 Akron-19 at the half. Now it's Akron-47 Kent-40 with 7 minutes left.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Sweetness I hope your ready for this Indiana loss.
Well hey, sometimes predictions just don't go your way but I won't gloat. Free throws almost lost us this game man, and that woulda sucked donky dick!

Glad to see us pull it out. We were the better team in OT and deserved to win; can't really say who the better team was in regulation though. But 50% from the FT line isn't gonna cut it. I think we're in the tourney now with this win, thank god. And as I've been saying, if we can put it all together, we're a DANGEROUS team man.

Typical IU-UI game. Hard fought, low scoring, lots of defense, and phsyical. I love that style. I like points but these games are great to watch once in a while.

Oh, and Shaun Pruitt for MVP!! He's going to be a monsta next year on the block. He and Chet willed us to win this game. But god damn, make some free throws!!

cards feel free to add anything to this my friend. Great game and I'm not going to gloat because karma is a *****. We won a big game that we HAD to win to get in the tourney and I'm so happy right now for our guys. Next up is Wisky tomorrow!

Quote:
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinios still isn't a lock sweetness, although I think they should be in.

With Xavier's loss today that's yet another open-bid that you can take off the boards.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Oh WOW. Nevada lost too!?!?!

It's gonna be tooooough to get in for a lot of these teams.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

YESSSSSSSS OK State won. we still have a chance. okstate is like one of my fav teams, mario boggan is nasty

i had a good feeling we were going to upset the aggies
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Illinios still isn't a lock sweetness, although I think they should be in.

With Xavier's loss today that's yet another open-bid that you can take off the boards.
Illinois will get in. 23-10 with around a top 30 RPI and a top 30 SOS, if they don't get in it's a crime.

We haven't had a bad loss this year and again we have 23 wins. We've won two games in the tourney so far. Nothing is for sure a lock, but I think it's about 95% chance that we're in. But who knows with the selection committee.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois is no way a lock. I expect them to make it but they should be one of the last teams in. With the upsets in the mid major tourneys they could lose that though.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Illinois is no way a lock. I expect them to make it but they should be one of the last teams in. With the upsets in the mid major tourneys they could lose that though.
I'll be disgusted if we don't make it. Absolutely disgusted. Our SOS and RPI should put us in the tourney with 23 wins this season. I know we aren't a lock, but I like we're we sit. And as I said, it's a crime if we don't make it. If RPI's and SOS's matter that much, then we should get in without a doubt.

I'll say this, if we beat Wisky tomorrow, we're a LOCK.

Big 10 teams that are in IMO....Ohio State, Wisky, Indiana, Purdue, and Illinois. Michigan State and Iowa don't make it.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, If you win tomorrow and still don't get in there is something wrong. When you lose though it makes it up in the air a bit. I say there in, but I only put it at 70% chance.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, If you win tomorrow and still don't get in there is something wrong. When you lose though it makes it up in the air a bit. I say there in, but I only put it at 70% chance.
Kinda sucks that it seems like every at large team is going nuts in the tournaments. And now that Xavier and Nevada lost, it closes 2 more at large bids.

5 Big 10 teams will get in, the question is who. And without question our resume is better than Michigan's and Iowa's IMO.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

It's a no way for Michigan and a no for Iowa. I don't see any chance that either gets in. Wisconsin, OSU, and Indiana are locked in. I think Michigan State is in aswell. And then either Illinois or Purdue.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I don't see how the committee can keep out Illinois after that game. They've been playing great lately and are putting it all together at the right time. Pruitt absolutely dominated IU's bigs at the end of the game and Armon Bassett was trying to win the game all by himself. Illinois/Indiana is always a good game no matter what the records are, maybe it's the ever-growing rivalry between the two.

As far as the Big Ten, I see OSU, Wisky, MSU, Indiana and Illinois at this point. I think Purdue has to pull the upset tomorrow.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
It's a no way for Michigan and a no for Iowa. I don't see any chance that either gets in. Wisconsin, OSU, and Indiana are locked in. I think Michigan State is in aswell. And then either Illinois or Purdue.
MSU better not get in over us. 1-8 on the road. Just got knocked in the 2nd round of the tourney. 8-8 record in the Big 10.

Although they do have that "signature win" against Wisky.

I think there's actually a chance now that 6 Big 10 teams get in now that I think about it. 5 is a lock, but possibly 6. If both Purdue and Illinois win tomorrow, it's got to be 6 IMO because the more I think about it, the more I realize that MSU will most likely get in.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes, Nevada lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at that game and going for Utah State the whole way. Right after that game my school played Boise State on the same floor and killed them. I can see it now....The WAC championship goes to, New Mexico State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of Boise State's cheerleaders cut up a New Mexico State shirt and threw it at me. As Stephanie would say back in the days of Full House...HOW RUDE. Where is Gribble? I need to keep the celebration going.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GDUB and GTOWN are both winning their conference tourney's tonight.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier losing in the A-10 shouldn't make that much of a difference. Xavier is no lock. They played in a weaker conference than a majority of the bubble teams and didn't even reach there conference final.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

i m rooting for pit. i m a huge big east fan and i just like gray. pitt got a nasty team
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Hell yes, Nevada lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at that game and going for Utah State the whole way. Right after that game my school played Boise State on the same floor and killed them. I can see it now....The WAC championship goes to, New Mexico State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of Boise State's cheerleaders cut up a New Mexico State shirt and threw it at me. As Stephanie would say back in the days of Full House...HOW RUDE. Where is Gribble? I need to keep the celebration going.
Yeah, life is sweet. Both the men's and women's teams are in their respective WAC finals. Imagine if we got both bids... NICE!

Anyway, it just looks like this team is playing inspired. They've really turned it up a notch. As long as we're not overlooking this game we should be tourney bound because of Iti, Passos, and Nelson on the inside where USU doesn't have as much of an answer. Hopefully Peete and Davis can play good defense on Jaycee Carroll.

BTW, nice Full House allusion.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiscy, OSU, IU and UI are all in. MSU and Purdue aren't locks, but do have good cases.

Could there be 6 from Big 10?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Wiscy, OSU, IU and UI are all in. MSU and Purdue aren't locks, but do have good cases.

Could there be 6 from Big 10?
I think you've got it mixed up. Michigan State is more of a sure thing than Illinois, I would argue Purdue is too.

Illinois has a 4-8 record against the top 50 RPI and Purdue crushed them in their head-to-head.

I think Illinois should make it and there should be 6 Big Ten teams (I'm also from Big Ten country) but of them all I'd put Illinois or Purdue on the outside most likely.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-10-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Xavier losing in the A-10 shouldn't make that much of a difference. Xavier is no lock. They played in a weaker conference than a majority of the bubble teams and didn't even reach there conference final.
Xavier will make it.