Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
i will just say one thing... oklahoma st. had that game but Eaton just plain sucks at basketball and turned over the ball he should be playing football
Thank you Texas. One less at large team now. Now UNC needs to knock off NC State!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCSU to play UNC in the ACC championship game. Huge huge win today over VaTech. For some reason we've had their number this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I can see Oregon being this years Florida actually. Dangerous team. I have them as a #3 right now, but if they win the PAC-10 Conference Tournament, which it looks like they will, I have them as possibly a #2.
Only thing that worries me is if we have to go up against a real dominant big man like Oden or somebody. Not sure we can handle that without maintaining our heat from the outside. I mean, what would you rather have: a dominant inside game, or 5 guys on the court at all times who can shoot the 3? I think we're bound to go cold eventually. I do like the way our defense has been playing lately though. I think this group may be better than the Fred Jones/Luke Ridnour/Luke Jackson squad. At least depth-wise for sure. Oguchi rarely even steps on the floor.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Only thing that worries me is if we have to go up against a real dominant big man like Oden or somebody. Not sure we can handle that without maintaining our heat from the outside. I mean, what would you rather have: a dominant inside game, or 5 guys on the court at all times who can shoot the 3? I think we're bound to go cold eventually. I do like the way our defense has been playing lately though. I think this group may be better than the Fred Jones/Luke Ridnour/Luke Jackson squad. At least depth-wise for sure. Oguchi rarely even steps on the floor.
I'd agree with that. But they're beating the snot out of USC right now. If they play like this during the Tourney, I smell a long run to the Final 4.

That Porter kid is awesome. I love little guys that can play.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievable. 64-32. We look unstoppable right now.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

They can't miss. Good lord.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well hey, sometimes predictions just don't go your way but I won't gloat. Free throws almost lost us this game man, and that woulda sucked donky dick!
My prediction was right...on?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's also something to consider about IU being a "lock" over us:

Advantages over Indiana:
1. Better RPI
2. Better SOS
3. More Wins overall
4. More wins in BT
5. Better record in last 10 games (7-3 vs 5-5)
6. Better Road/Neutral record: (9-7 vs 5-10)
7. 2-1 Head to head Adv (Home/Road/Neutral)

Indiana's advantage over us:
1. Less losses (assuming we lose tomorrow or Sun)
2. Better signature wins (Wisky and Southern Illinois)

I realize the tourney won't put the #3 seed in the Big 10 tournament out of the dance, but I'm wondering how they're resume is better than ours, other than the fact they beat Wisconsin.
Sorry Sweetness, but I have to bring this up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Also, I don't care about SOS and RPI.

I'm the hypocrite? I just had to give you some ****.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I Know this is my third in a row but.... who is everyone favorite player in the college basketball? I'll go with... Tim Doyle, Northwestern.

I've really become quite fond of him.

they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got three UK players I really really like (Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks and Ramel Bradley)... But my favorite none UK player is hands down THE MAN:

ACIE LAW IV... The guy is freaking clutch. Drains a three at Kansas with a minute left to tie, then two straight nothing but net free throws to ice the game. Then you all saw his shot over Durant and the three to tie it in OT (although they didn't win). I like him for the same reason I was such a big fan of Reggie Miller.

As for the tournament... TT, don't even bother watching the selection show. I can all but guarantee it'll be Duke (8) -vs- Kentucky (9) in Chicago.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I've got three UK players I really really like (Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks and Ramel Bradley)... But my favorite none UK player is hands down THE MAN:

ACIE LAW IV... The guy is freaking clutch. Drains a three at Kansas with a minute left to tie, then two straight nothing but net free throws to ice the game. Then you all saw his shot over Durant and the three to tie it in OT (although they didn't win). I like him for the same reason I was such a big fan of Reggie Miller.

As for the tournament... TT, don't even bother watching the selection show. I can all but guarantee it'll be Duke (8) -vs- Kentucky (9) in Chicago.
I would not like to see that happen because I like Kentucky. I'd take Duke to win in that mtch up all day though.

they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I would not like to see that happen because I like Kentucky. I'd take Duke to win in that mtch up all day though.
We're hit or miss but to be honest Duke isn't the sort of team that bothers me. Regardless, no need to debate at this point... It's not official but IMO this time tomorrow it will be.

Sad to be talking about UK/Duke in the first round.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
We're hit or miss but to be honest Duke isn't the sort of team that bothers me. Regardless, no need to debate at this point... It's not official but IMO this time tomorrow it will be.

Sad to be talking about UK/Duke in the first round.

I think Dukes guard/wingman would be too good for Kentucky to handle, but I won't put anything past Kentucky because they are a good team with a good coach.

I know I never thought I'd see the day Duke kentucky would play before the sweet 16 atleased.

Duke vs. Kentucky in the tourney in 1997 I think? Was the game that made me a Duke fan. They lost to UK too. I think it was Elton Brands freshman year maybe.

they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This dosnt need to be said but Greg Oden is such an animal
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow GTWON is wrecking Pitt at halftime, Georgetown IMO is the best team in the country, they first and foremost are the best defensive team in the nation and secondly they take high percentage shots pass well and have guys who can take over games in Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, and Dajaun Summers. Plus they have Jonothan Wallace running point who is that "Mateen Cleeves" "Talik Brown" "Will Conroy" type floor general.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite player on Kentucky is Randolph Morris. If he stays out of foul trouble, he is the man.

My favorite non-Kentucky player would have to be Scottie Reynolds. Besides Kentucky, Villanova is my next favorite team. he is electric when he is on the court. He is a ferocious driver and a great shooter as well. As some of you might know, he is also the Big East freshman of the year. He is going to be great.

My least favorite player on Kentucky is either Sheray Tomas or Lukasz Orbzut. It is unimaginable how much they suck.

My least favorite non-Kentucky player is Joakim Noah. I want to smack him in the face when he starts flipping out every time he scores.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told you all before Scottie was legit and no one was talking about him, good thing Kelvin Sampson left Oklahoma cause that's were Scottie originally committed. Down at Herndon High he was a legend better than Iverson by a mile in HS.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Wow GTWON is wrecking Pitt at halftime, Georgetown IMO is the best team in the country, they first and foremost are the best defensive team in the nation and secondly they take high percentage shots pass well and have guys who can take over games in Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, and Dajaun Summers. Plus they have Jonothan Wallace running point who is that "Mateen Cleeves" "Talik Brown" "Will Conroy" type floor general.

Losses to Duke, old diminion, Pitt, sryacuse, villinova, and oregon will not make you the best team in the country. I agree that they are very good, but not best team in the country good. Pitt on the otherhand gets my second vote for overrated team of the year.

they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Oh you gotta call that bank baby.

they get smoked.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I told you all before Scottie was legit and no one was talking about him, good thing Kelvin Sampson left Oklahoma cause that's were Scottie originally committed. Down at Herndon High he was a legend better than Iverson by a mile in HS.
I've been trying to talk about him for months in this thread, but nobody would respond to me.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Aaron Gray is very underwhelming
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Wow Pitt was dominated. As I wrote in my NBA draft thread Aaron Gray won't get it done in the NBA.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Losses to Duke, old diminion, Pitt, sryacuse, villinova, and oregon will not make you the best team in the country. I agree that they are very good, but not best team in the country good. Pitt on the otherhand gets my second vote for overrated team of the year.
Best team in the country doesn't mean who has the best record it's who has the best team and best shot of winning the tourney, that's Georgetown, they have the defense, offense, and tourney experience.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Sorry Sweetness, but I have to bring this up...

I'm the hypocrite? I just had to give you some ****.
Haha I know. I was pissed off at the time. But those numbers are what the committee looks at.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Georgetown is good but they aren't that good. I have Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Kansas all ranked ahead of them as of right now.

They have a great front line, but the don't have the guard play I don't think.

And Pittsburgh IMO is one of the most overrated teams in the nation.

Quote: