Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Wow Pitt was dominated. As I wrote in my NBA draft thread Aaron Gray won't get it done in the NBA.
I've never really been impressed with him at all each time i've watched Pittsburgh. He's really not that athletic.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here you go cards...We're #29 in the nation RPI wise. I could really care less about RPI personally, but if it's an excuse to get us in to the tourney, I'll use it.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

I guess we're on the ESPN.com poll that is asking "of these last 4 that are out, which should get in." Are you freaking kidding me?

I'm sorry but I just don't know what to say anymore. Top 30 SOS, stop 30 RPI, 23 wins, 11-8 in the conference, won 9 of our last 13, no losses outside the top 100 RPI wise. If that doesn't get us in, then I'm going to throw up.

And there is no question in my mind that we should get in above Purdue. Same conference record, higher RPI, higher SOS, and they've got two TERRIBLE losses against Indiana State and Minnesota. Sure they beat us but that was at their place and they never came to Champaign.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Best team in the country doesn't mean who has the best record it's who has the best team and best shot of winning the tourney, that's Georgetown, they have the defense, offense, and tourney experience.
Really? Thanks for clarifying that for me... If you go by that complex formula, how does Florida, Wisconsin, Kansas,or Tex A&M..ect not have a better chance to win?

For the record Kansas is my pick, just incase anyone missed it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Georgetown is good but they aren't that good. I have Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Kansas all ranked ahead of them as of right now.

They have a great front line, but the don't have the guard play I don't think.

And Pittsburgh IMO is one of the most overrated teams in the nation.
Sweetness, did I just witness me and you completly agree on somting in college basketball? Is that possible? Oh wait, I don't agree with OSU, damn.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I've never really been impressed with him at all each time i've watched Pittsburgh. He's really not that athletic.

Hes more than unathletic. Hes Shawn Bradley unathletic. Seriously hes one of the 5 slowest players i've ever seen.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha I know. I was pissed off at the time. But those numbers are what the committee looks at.

sweetness as of now Lunardi has illinois as one of the last 4 out. uh oh. But seriously I think they should be in. I really havent agreed with Lunardi much this year
Old 03-11-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Sweetness, did I just witness me and you completly agree on somting in college basketball? Is that possible? Oh wait, I don't agree with OSU, damn.
We agree on a lot of things that don't pertain to Duke and Illinois TT. And Ohio State is better than Georgetown. They have the big man to go against Hibbert and they have guard play.

They're just really young and that could be their downfall but I have them ranked above Georgetown.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
sweetness as of now Lunardi has illinois as one of the last 4 out. uh oh. But seriously I think they should be in. I really havent agreed with Lunardi much this year
Well yesterday according to Lunardi we were in if we beat IU, now we're out after losing to the #4 team in the nation? That just doesn't make sense.

It's sad that the "signature win" thing is the wild card in this thing. Idk, if SOS and RPI matter than much (which we have a higher ranking in than both IU and Purdue), then we're in. Lunardi has flip flopped on us so much these past couple days. It's like one hour he's for us, then the next he's against us, and repeat.

Take into account the injuries we've had this season and there is no question in my mind that we SHOULD be in. Like I said, I will absolutely flip out if we don't get in. Hell, a majority of the nation thinks we should be in according to espn.com.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Well yesterday according to Lunardi we were in if we beat IU, now we're out after losing to the #4 team in the nation? That just doesn't make sense.

It's sad that the "signature win" thing is the wild card in this thing. Idk, if SOS and RPI matter than much (which we have a higher ranking in than both IU and Purdue), then we're in. Lunardi has flip flopped on us so much these past couple days. It's like one hour he's for us, then the next he's against us, and repeat.

Take into account the injuries we've had this season and there is no question in my mind that we SHOULD be in. Like I said, I will absolutely flip out if we don't get in. Hell, a majority of the nation thinks we should be in according to espn.com.

He hasnt just flip flopped on Illinois, its been basically the whole field. I can't really blame him though i guess because this is obviously a very hard year to predict.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We agree on a lot of things that don't pertain to Duke and Illinois TT. And Ohio State is better than Georgetown. They have the big man to go against Hibbert and they have guard play.

They're just really young and that could be their downfall but I have them ranked above Georgetown.
I agree that OSU is better than Georgetown. However I just don't think OSU is the top team in the country. I give that vote to Kansas.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I agree that OSU is better than Georgetown. However I just don't think OSU is the top team in the country. I give that vote to Kansas.
Florida is the top team in the country. I wouldn't trust Kansas to advance to the 2nd round no matter who they play with their recent past of exiting in the 1st round

Returnin NCAA Champs, same roster, experience, good front line, and good guard play. If they play to their top level, I don't see a team who can beat them.

They absolutely dismantled tOSU when they played them.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

PLEASE dont think i'm racist but i would be hesitant to draft white big men or players outside the point guard position unless theyre like Chase Budinger or are from europe. I say this because white ballers are usually unathletic, so they would have to be a larry bird type or sumn to gain serius interest from me. But its not like im a GM so it dont matter.

I also think Noah will be a BIG BUST.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
PLEASE dont think i'm racist but i would be hesitant to draft white big men or players outside the point guard position unless theyre like Chase Budinger or are from europe. I say this because white ballers are usually unathletic, so they would have to be a larry bird type or sumn to gain serius interest from me. But its not like im a GM so it dont matter.

Thanks for sharing with us that white people are unathletic. I don't see how that can't be racist. So only black people are supposed to be playing in the NBA? (Sorry, with the exception of Chase Budinger.)
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Thanks for sharing with us that white people are unathletic. I don't see how that can't be racist. So only black people are supposed to be playing in the NBA? (Sorry, with the exception of Chase Budinger.)
Well its true and im not saying that white people shouldnt be in the NBA. There are some athletic whites like Brent Barry in his prime and Chris Andersen i guess, but everyone knows that North American White People arent that athletic. Thats why most white players are amazing at passing and shooting. And thats why i would be hesitant to draft un point guard whites. Are you honestly going to say i'm wrong.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Florida is the top team in the country. I wouldn't trust Kansas to advance to the 2nd round no matter who they play with their recent past of exiting in the 1st round

Returnin NCAA Champs, same roster, experience, good front line, and good guard play. If they play to their top level, I don't see a team who can beat them.

Yeah I know Kansas is gonna mess up my bracket. They have the talent to win it all but have yet to prove they can win the big one
Old 03-11-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Well its true and im not saying that white people shouldnt be in the NBA. There are some athletic whites like Brent Barry in his prime and Chris Andersen i guess, but everyone knows that North American White People arent that athletic. Thats why most white players are amazing at passing and shooting. And thats why i would be hesitant to draft un point guard whites. Are you honestly going to say i'm wrong.

lol Chris Anderson
Old 03-11-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think Kansas should be alright as long as they don' get paired with Butler, haha.

KU beat Florida already this season. remember?

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Yeah, you're right. He's very unathletic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QaT8WpgBw

There's much more to basketball than athleticism, especially outside the NBA.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. He's very unathletic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QaT8WpgBw

There's much more to basketball than athleticism, especially outside the NBA.

Is that sarcasm, cuz i didn't say Noah was unathletic, i just said i think he'll be a bust. The Suns will probably pick him for a Defencsive upgrade. And what does Josh McRoberts have to do with all this. I'm not saying all white people are trash. We need white people in the NBA for sure, no doubt.

Last edited by Big Mike : 03-11-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I think Kansas should be alright as long as they don' get paired with Butler, haha.

KU beat Florida already this season. remember?
KU also lost to Oral Roberts and DePaul (both of UF's losses weren't bad, both on the road against decent teams).

If KU gets paired up with any team that starts with a "B" (Belmont, Butler, etc) they're screwed, haha!

Btw, anyone see that buzzer beater by Miami off the glass? That's a crappy way to lose if you're Akron.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
KU also lost to Oral Roberts and DePaul (both of UF's losses weren't bad, both on the road against decent teams).

If KU gets paired up with any team that starts with a "B" (Belmont, Butler, etc) they're screwed, haha!

Btw, anyone see that buzzer beater by Miami off the glass? That's a crappy way to lose if you're Akron.
I am aware that they Kansas had some bad losses at the beginning of the season. However, you did imply that Kansas could not beat Florida, so i simply stated that Kansas had already beat them.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is that sarcasm, cuz i dint say Noah was unathletic, i just sid i think he'll be a bust. The Suns will prolly pick him for a Defencsive upgrade. And what does Josh McRoberts hav to do with all this. Imnot saying all white people are trash. We need white people in the NBA for sure no doubt,
I am not a big stickler about typing mistakes( as many know) , but come on. Try a little bit.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
I am not a big stickler about typing mistakes( as many know) , but come on. Try a little bit.
Corrections have been made
Old 03-11-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Corrections have been made
Iight dawg.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I am aware that they Kansas had some bad losses at the beginning of the season. However, you did imply that Kansas could not beat Florida, so i simply stated that Kansas had already beat them.
I didn't imply that they couldn't beat Kansas. I implied that they need to get past the first round before they even start thinking about Florida. If they matchup again, Florida will win that game.

Quote: