Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
How exactly do you plan Marquette/MSU is going to stop the ultra-talented UNC frontcourt? Not to mention stop Lawson too.
Guard play wins your tournament games. Dominic James is just as quick as Ty Lawson and more polished as a PG.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Thank you. I feel I'm the only one, all my friends are like UNC is gonna win it all. I don't thiink Hansborough is the same player with the mask and their inexperience will kill them when they play an experienced team.
Not an expiranced team? Who cares? Do you remember the Team Roy won with in 2005? I think 6 or 7 of the players were underclassmen, and they still won it. ABout Hansborough, I agree 100% that he may not be the same with the Mask( thank you henderson), but if he is everyone better watch out. Also, remember this is comming from a Duke fan too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guard play wins your tournament games. Dominic James is just as quick as Ty Lawson and more polished as a PG.
Maybe on the offensive side of the ball..Lawson will break Jame's ankles all day.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James-McNeal-Mathews is one of the top gaurd trios in the country but I don't have them beating UNC.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm as happy as I could be for overachieving UVA's draw. Higher seed than I thought as well.

Early final four (I'll flesh through it a bit more and come up with picks again later):

Florida vs. Pittsburgh
Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

with the final being

Georgetown over Florida.

But that's early and I'll think over it some more.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pittsburgh Toon?
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
Pittsburgh Toon?
I think Pitt will knock off UCLA, Kansas, I don't know, still debating.

Aaron Gray can manhandle Lorenzo Mata, that's the big factor in my eye.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Dream Final 4: UNC - Michigan - Arizona - Buffalo

Predicted Final 4: UNC - Pitt - Florida - Texas A&M
This post is from November 14. With the brackets the way they are, it is still possible. I believe!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm as happy as I could be for overachieving UVA's draw. Higher seed than I thought as well.

Early final four (I'll flesh through it a bit more and come up with picks again later):

Florida vs. Pittsburgh
Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

with the final being

Georgetown over Florida.

But that's early and I'll think over it some more.
Pitt? Really?

Here's my final 4.... Kansas vs Maryland
Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

final Kansas vs. Texas A&M. Kansas wins.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Maryland is too inconsistent to beat Florida, particularly, in the backcourt.

Dunno, Kansas seems to have such a clear path ... but I'm just not a big fan of that squad for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me that, if VA Tech and So. Illinois both win, the winner of that game gets into the elite 8.

I'm not a huge fan of UCLA. Very good team and very beatable. I think Pittsburgh can handle Wright State, but Duke should give them a scare. As much as I like Duke ... and while they do have a lot of raw talent and getting back Gerald Henderson will help big time, I'm just not sold that they can do it. But ... to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that, if Duke is playing consistently (and in particular, Paulus) that Duke makes a surprise run there. McRoberts played real well down the stretch, and Henderson was emerging, with Paulus getting more consistent. But it's hard ... as that team was so up and down at times, and a veteran team like Pitt, dunno.

That said, those are my early picks.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just think Maryland is too inconsistent to beat Florida, particularly, in the backcourt.

Dunno, Kansas seems to have such a clear path ... but I'm just not a big fan of that squad for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me that, if VA Tech and So. Illinois both win, the winner of that game gets into the elite 8.

I'm not a huge fan of UCLA. Very good team and very beatable. I think Pittsburgh can handle Wright State, but Duke should give them a scare. As much as I like Duke ... and while they do have a lot of raw talent and getting back Gerald Henderson will help big time, I'm just not sold that they can do it. But ... to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that, if Duke is playing consistently (and in particular, Paulus) that Duke makes a surprise run there. McRoberts played real well down the stretch, and Henderson was emerging, with Paulus getting more consistent. But it's hard ... as that team was so up and down at times, and a veteran team like Pitt, dunno.

Florida has found their swagger and it'll take a top tier team's best effort to take them down. Maryland would have NO chance

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not an expiranced team? Who cares? Do you remember the Team Roy won with in 2005? I think 6 or 7 of the players were underclassmen, and they still won it. ABout Hansborough, I agree 100% that he may not be the same with the Mask( thank you henderson), but if he is everyone better watch out. Also, remember this is comming from a Duke fan too.
Um no they weren't. Sean May, Juwad Williams, David Noel, Raymond Felton, and Rashad McCants were all upperclassmen.

And yes TT, explain to me why you went 8-8 in the conference and why you lost in the ACC Tournament...I'm all eyes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I agree with Maryland and the Duke comments. However, as I have stated before I feel that the key to Dukes success is Henderson's play more than anyone else's even though he may not be a starter. As for maryland, I hate them with a passion, but they just really seem to be hot right now and playing together really well. Not to mention the coaching ailities of Gary.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do not lose faith in your dookies Yoda. Now is the time for opptimism.
I do have Duke in the elite 8 in one of my brackets.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I do have Duke in the elite 8 in one of my brackets.
Just do one bracket!!! Doing several is like cheating, but if you're gonna put Duke in the Elite 8 you can throw that bracket out

Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Question for people: Have you ever gotten the Final Four right???

Tell year and teams

For me: 2004 UCONN, Oklahoma State, Duke, Georgia Tech :)

Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Just do one bracket!!! Doing several is like cheating, but if you're gonna put Duke in the Elite 8 you can throw that bracket out
No, its not....if u are in different pools. I am in sevaral pools.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Question for people: Have you ever gotten the Final Four right???

Tell year and teams

For me: 2004 UCONN, Oklahoma State, Duke, Georgia Tech :)
Me 2! I had UConn over OK State though, and not Georgia Tech. I still came in 3rd in my pool and won $200

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 03-11-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
No, its not....if u are in different pools. I am in sevaral pools.
Do it if you're trying different ones for money, but if you get the Final Four right don't say you did it b/c you really did numerous brackets and one of your dozen was right

Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Me 2! I had UConn over OK State though, and not Georgia Tech. I still came in 3rd in my pool and won $200
Nice; I had Duke over OK State in the final :(

Old 03-11-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Um no they weren't. Sean May, Juwad Williams, David Noel, Raymond Felton, and Rashad McCants were all upperclassmen.

And yes TT, explain to me why you went 8-8 in the conference and why you lost in the ACC Tournament...I'm all eyes.
Were they? I thought they were sophmores for some reason... I'll take your word for it. However, in my opinion their key to success that season was Marvin Williams who was a freshman.

I feel that the explanation is really quit simple. Duke has the talent in place, but they are unexpiranced this is part of their " struggles" if you can even call it that. But the real reason? Not in my eyes. The Athleticism of the ACC was what contributed vastly to their difficulties. Duke always has and probably always will match up terrible with overly Athletic teams. ( See LSU game last year virgina tech and Maryland this year). They do excellent in half set courts, but when they get matched up with an athletic team like Maryland or UNC in a transition game it gets out of hand. When Duke can Grind, they always win. This is the true battle of playing Duke . If you can overcome their will to establish their tempo to the game you will beat Duke. This will be the Key to Dukes success in the NCAA tourney.

As for the struggles in the ACC tourney I will use only three words Gerald Henderson Jr.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Were they? I thought they were sophmores for some reason... I'll take your word for it. However, in my opinion their key to success that season was Marvin Williams who was a freshman.

I feel that the explanation is really quit simple. Duke has the talent in place, but they are unexpiranced this is part of their " struggles" if you can even call it that. But the real reason? Not in my eyes. The Athleticism of the ACC was what contributed vastly to their difficulties. Duke always has and probably always will match up terrible with overly Athletic teams. ( See LSU game last year virgina tech and Maryland this year). They do excellent in half set courts, but when they get matched up with an athletic team like Maryland or UNC in a transition game it gets out of hand. When Duke can Grind, they always win. This is the true battle of playing Duke . If you can overcome their will to establish their tempo to the game you will beat Duke. This will be the Key to Dukes success in the NCAA tourney.

As for the struggles in the ACC tourney I will use only three words Gerald Henderson Jr.
They were not seniors b/c they all had to make a decision and they based it off of each other and when Sean May went and talked to Roy Williams about declaring, Raymond, Rashad, and marvin followed.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Do it if you're trying different ones for money, but if you get the Final Four right don't say you did it b/c you really did numerous brackets and one of your dozen was right
I'd never say that, but my final 4 is:

Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M , but I go Kansas and Georgetown in the finals with Kansas winning.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M , but I go Kansas and Georgetown in the finals with Kansas winning.
Good to hear!!! My Final Four is Florida, UCLA, Georgetown,Texas A&M with Florida beating A&M

Old 03-11-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've got the same final four. But i've got Florida beating Georgetown in the championship.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote