Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would like to see him stay in school one more year to develop and see what they can do next year b/c they'll be dangerous. I think declaring would be a mistake

me too. i think budinger shud stay too so he and Jeerryd Bayless can make a run for the Pac-10

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Suns have 3 1st rounders this year i would like to trade up and get Kevin Durant

now that would be sweet

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like to see him stay in school one more year to develop and see what they can do next year b/c they'll be dangerous. I think declaring would be a mistake
Financially it won't be a mistake but if he is in next years draft he will need a lot of seasoning before he can be consistent but the tools are all there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The Suns have 3 1st rounders this year i would like to trade up and get Kevin Durant

now that would be sweet
yup including ATLs. Maybe they'll be able to trade for Milwaukee or Memphis' Pick. Or imagine if PHO got Greg Oden, easily best frontcourt league wide

Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden could never play the suns style though, i think he would be a waste of a pick

Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
That is ballsy. I have them falling later because they are still a solid, veteran team that plays strong defense. Thad Young's defense is a little overrated. I look for others to step up for Wisconsin along with Tucker.
Yes Tucker is a big part, but he is not the only part. We have won games that he was not "on" in. Flowers, Tucker, Landry and Bohanan are players who have stepped up already. On Sunday none of them did and that's when we have problems. We can win if Flowers is at his game with Tucker not doing to great. Like I said the Butch injury really does hurt as it takes away alot from our offense. Sunday was terrible, but going against Oden without your starting C wouldn't be easy for any team. I know there are other good big men that we will have to play, but they are not on Oden's level. We looked terrible because of that. Eventhough he was shutout in the first half, he was controlling the paint and we couldn't get anything done inside. Butch can hit the outside shots which would draw Oden out, but none of our other big men can do that. We don't blow people out either. We play to their pace and do enough to win.

That being said I'm having a tough time picking Oregon-Wisconsin, and am actually leaning Oregon. I don't think we will go out before than, and if we win we will lose to Florida. Wisconsin-Florida would be a good game still but we'd fall short.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
yup including ATLs. Maybe they'll be able to trade for Milwaukee or Memphis' Pick. Or imagine if PHO got Greg Oden, easily best frontcourt league wide
Amare and Oden would be a sick combo!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Oden could never play the suns style though, i think he would be a waste of a pick
true, hes too much like an Olajuwon. I think the Suns will just pick oden, Noah or Hasheem Thabeet tho for a defensive upgrade. I just want Kid-Kanada to win a ring

Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Durant is there when the Bucks pick we better take him.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yes Tucker is a big part, but he is not the only part. We have won games that he was not "on" in. Flowers, Tucker, Landry and Bohanan are players who have stepped up already. On Sunday none of them did and that's when we have problems. We can win if Flowers is at his game with Tucker not doing to great. Like I said the Butch injury really does hurt as it takes away alot from our offense. Sunday was terrible, but going against Oden without your starting C wouldn't be easy for any team. I know there are other good big men that we will have to play, but they are not on Oden's level. We looked terrible because of that. Eventhough he was shutout in the first half, he was controlling the paint and we couldn't get anything done inside. Butch can hit the outside shots which would draw Oden out, but none of our other big men can do that. We don't blow people out either. We play to their pace and do enough to win.

That being said I'm having a tough time picking Oregon-Wisconsin, and am actually leaning Oregon. I don't think we will go out before than, and if we win we will lose to Florida. Wisconsin-Florida would be a good game still but we'd fall short.
Florida would be so tough all around for Wisconsin but Wisconsin has the speed to compete and I think they are a better matchup for UW than OSU is for the Badgers. Noah is a force inside but Chapell can go against him and Landry against Horford but I don't think the Badgers will go that far but I certainly pray that they do

Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Without a doubt but Durant may stay in school and the Bucks would really have little need to bring in Oden so trading for 3 draft picks would be wise

Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns don't need Durant another scorer they need defensive players and strong inside scorers, Durant's skills would not be utilized well with the Suns other than shooting but the Suns don't need that with Nash the Suns could have Matt Carroll averaging 10+ ppg. While Durant could be good for them there is much more value in the 3 picks than Durant. If I were them at pick #5 as it is now I would take Horford or Brandon Wright if they are there if not Yi Jianlian or Jeff Green. With Pick #24 as it is I would take Morris Almond or Rudy Fernandez, and with pick #29 I would take Tiago Splitter or someone who would be an animal for them despite issues in Shot Block maniac Sean Williams.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Suns don't need Durant another scorer they need defensive players and strong inside scorers, Durant's skills would not be utilized well with the Suns other than shooting but the Suns don't need that with Nash the Suns could have Matt Carroll averaging 10+ ppg. While Durant could be good for them there is much more value in the 3 picks than Durant. If I were them at pick #5 as it is now I would take Horford or Brandon Wright if they are there if not Yi Jianlian or Jeff Green. With Pick #24 as it is I would take Morris Almond or Rudy Fernandez, and with pick #29 I would take Tiago Splitter or someone who would be an animal for them despite issues in Shot Block maniac Sean Williams.
No if the Suns got up there they would take Oden and then him and Amare would control the paint

Old 03-12-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
i think the bucks would rather take Oden. Damn i cant waiit till June for the draft. So many bad teamms in need of a player like Oden or Durant

Teams needing oden:
Milwaukee
Seattle
Portland
Philly

Teams Needing Durant
NOK
Boston
Memphis
Philly

Its amusing cause they all have close records that are absymal, thats whats good and bad about the lottery.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I would like the Suns to take Joakim Noah if we cant trade up for Durant, he is a freak like Marion

and with the 3 picks, the last 2 would likely never play, Marcus Banks, Jalen Rose & James Jones barley even play

Last edited by fenikz : 03-12-2007 at 06:16 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The only team I could see trading out of #1 is the Bobcats because they have May and Okafor but even they likely could take Durant even with Morrison there or possibly even Oden.

Big Mike
Veteran

if the suns took Oden, i think oden would win 3 championships to start his career barring some bad happenings. I really think that too, im not being naive or hasty.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
i think the bucks would rather take Oden. Damn i cant waiit till June for the draft. So many bad teamms in need of a player like Oden or Durant

Teams needing oden:
Milwaukee
Seattle
Portland
Philly

Teams Needing Durant
NOK
Boston
Memphis
Philly

Its amusing cause they all have close records that are absymal, thats whats good and bad about the lottery.
Milwaukee has Villanueva and Bogut so Oden would be less of a need than Durant

Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't this the college basketball thread?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Milwaukee has Villanueva and Bogut so Oden would be less of a need than Durant
ture i forgot abour Bogut. But Durant and Villy are kinda similar in my opinion.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Isn't this the college basketball thread?
yea but this is an interesting discussion, + it includes college athlets

Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
ture i forgot abour Bogut. But Durant and Villy are kinda similar in my opinion.
SF is way more of a need than C. Bogut-Villanueva-Durant-Redd-Williams
Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea but this is an interesting discussion, + it includes college athlets
Nothing about the NBA is interesting.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
SF is way more of a need than C. Bogut-Villanueva-Durant-Redd-Williams
oden - bogut - villy - redd - williams
back for he raps, villy played SF a lot

i dont even care i just think its equivalent. boy was simmons a waste of $

Old 03-12-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
oden - bogut - villy - redd - williams
back for he raps, villy played SF a lot

i dont even care i just think its equivalent. boy was simmons a waste of $
We tried Bogut at PF with Magloire, and it wasn't too good. He needs to be at C.

Simmons has been out all year.