Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Pearl is too good for Iowa.

I can't believe this game though, I'm going nuts.
Way too good for Iowa.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right, Iowa is on the way down while you have OSU and Wisconsin still staying up top, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, and Purdue all going to improve. Iowa will be at the bottom.

[and not just next year, but for a nice time span]

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, Iowa is on the way down while you have OSU and Wisconsin still staying up top, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, and Purdue all going to improve. Iowa will be at the bottom.

[and not just next year, but for a nice time span]

Michigan State...
Old 03-22-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Please Vols lose and then have the fans run Pearl out of Tennessee right to Iowa!
You want that scum to be your coach? Iowa will be terrible with him b/c they dont have the weapons you need to run his system. Which is basically run up and down the court, jack up threes and play no defense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Michigan State...
MSU is going to be beastly. Ohio State and MSU will fight it out (if Oden and Conley stay) for the championship. If both of them leave along with Cook, I've got IU and MSU fighting for it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

coming down to the wire

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State Wins

Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Go OSU, beat that piece of garbage Pearl!! And reppin that Big 10 baby!!

The Buckeyes need to stop getting down like that though. Gotta play 40 minutes, not just 20. Again, Bruce Pearl is not that good of a coach. He has no gameplan for anything. Basically he tries to outscore you. They play no defense, they don't pass, and their fundamentals are terrible.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

What do you have against Pearl?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

after watching games tonight i really have to just ask when will teams learn to role with the guy who carries your team? I know its not the star-centric NBA and thats what i love about COllege Basketball but in the two San Antonio games you have two of the games most clutch shooters in Acie Law IV (sorry i'm biased if you see the sig) and Chris Lofton and who ends up taking those games final shots....Dominique Kirk and Ramar Smith, both are nice players but, come on. I mean i am pissed as i had both those games going the other way but its still a legit point!

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all up to Vandy and memphis now......

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What do you have against Pearl?
Long story that has to do with him and Illinois. Back stabbed Jimmy Collins when he was here in recruiting. Digger Phelps was also in on it when he was at Notre Dame.

The entire Illini Nation hates him for what he did.

Pearl's style may be fun to watch, but you can't outscore everyone all the time. You need to play defense, which he obviously doesn't teach.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate mike conley jr.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by volman88 View Post
I hate mike conley jr.
me too but i like Bruce Pearl any guy who actually goes to a womens basketball game has some balls

Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Long story that has to do with him and Illinois. Back stabbed Jimmy Collins when he was here in recruiting. Digger Phelps was also in on it when he was at Notre Dame.

The entire Illini Nation hates him for what he did.

Pearl's style may be fun to watch, but you can't outscore everyone all the time. You need to play defense, which he obviously doesn't teach.
That was like 20 years ago.

This man brought UWM to the Sweet 16. I'll always have some love for him
Old 03-23-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Go OSU, beat that piece of garbage Pearl!! And reppin that Big 10 baby!!

The Buckeyes need to stop getting down like that though. Gotta play 40 minutes, not just 20. Again, Bruce Pearl is not that good of a coach. He has no gameplan for anything. Basically he tries to outscore you. They play no defense, they don't pass, and their fundamentals are terrible.
Funny thing is during the season, we'd play the first 20 and not the last 20. Now, we don't play the first half, but play the 2nd half.

Sorry for forgetting MSU, I was typing quick.

And Conley won't go the NBA, NO WAY. His game doesn't translate at all.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Bruce Pearl war a orange rubber necktie too? That was terrible by Tenn.

Kansas played terrible as well. Many people will say it was because of SIU defense and that played a part in it, but Kansas is capable of much much more than that. That was ugly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"And Conley won't go the NBA, NO WAY. His game doesn't translate at all."

#1, his dad is an NBA agent, and he will be the agent for Oden and Conley.
#2 Conley announced acouple days ago that he is coming back.
#3 Conley is alot like TJ Ford and Conley allready blew away Fords freshmen season. Ford does just fine in the pros.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He can't hit the three from beyond the arc very well. There is no chance he goes to the NBA this year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shucky darn, I was really hoping UT would pull that one out.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, I was thinking if Pierre Pierce would have never been arrested where do you think he would have been drafted, if he had been even drafted.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can't hit the three from beyond the arc very well. There is no chance he goes to the NBA this year.
Not this year, but he does translate to the NBA alot like TJ Ford

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Does Bruce Pearl war a orange rubber necktie too? That was terrible by Tenn.

Kansas played terrible as well. Many people will say it was because of SIU defense and that played a part in it, but Kansas is capable of much much more than that. That was ugly.
Kansas was outplayed in that game, it's pretty simple. And SIU's defense made it ugly for KU. Like I said, the Dogs got screwed in that game IMO by the refs. Sure they missed a layup and threw away a couple passes but so did KU, and those 3 calls against SIU were HORRIBLE! And it cost them an overtime game.

And GB, I could care less if it was 20 years ago. He's a piece of garbage that slandered our program and our coach at the time, Jimmy Collins. I'll forgive EJ in time, but never Pearl.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pearl paid dearly for his transgressions 20 years ago. He washed out and wasn't given a real shot by anyone. He had to go down to Division II and claw his way back. Regardless of what you think of him, it is impressive that he was able to make it back to near the top.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll disagree here. Most people will say that SIU "outplayed" Kansas, but I odn't think that is the case. SIU's defense was great but Kansas has the potential to play much better that that even agianst that kind of defense. They were careless with the ball and didn't play to their strengths. They did a terrible job of trying to establish their temp in that game too. When it looked like KY was going to blow them out in the first part of the game it was because Kansas played their way with itensity. I don't know what happened to that. kansas played terrible and I don't know if they would have won without the help of the refs. They better play much better than that if they want to beat UCLA.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote